FANDOM


  • While snooping around forums and wikis I herd that the thalmor knew how to make secunda and masser reappear, because they caused it to disappear in the first place. Using ancient aldmer magic they made the moons vanish, curious to see if the khajiit would revert back to their "original form", all it did was sterilise them. And apparently they had to assassinate the mane for the plan to work, because the manes soul is linked to the moons (maybe he's soul trapped). The aldmer/altmer already performed eugenics to make the Breton and become better mages, so it doesn't surprise me.

    Anyway, did the thalmor cause the moons to disappear? Are they going to use it again as a WMD if ever the khajiit betray them? TESVI save khajiit from the moon thief's? LOL

    Any evidence to support this stuff? Reasonable speculation is welcome.

      Loading editor
    • Khajiit don't really join up with the Aldmeri Dominion, despite ESO saying so.

        Loading editor
    • As far as I know moons dissappeard and come back without anyones force on them. But when they came back thalmor lied that they made them come back. So they believed and join them. But I think this topic should have opened in Khajiit page not Khajit(skyrim)

        Loading editor
    • "I think this topic should have opened in Khajiit page not Khajit(skyrim)"

      I put it in khajit(skyrim) because the void night happened between oblivion and skyrim.

        Loading editor
    • 173.30.155.235 wrote:
      Khajiit don't really join up with the Aldmeri Dominion, despite ESO saying so.


      You're talking about the Second Era Aldmeri Dominion. They're not like the 4th Era Aldmeri Dominion, which is ruled by the Thalmor.

        Loading editor
    • its not ruled by the thalmor the thalmor are the ammbassators to skyrim

        Loading editor
    • 72.241.118.111 wrote:
      its not ruled by the thalmor the thalmor are the ammbassators to skyrim

      No, the Aldmeri Dominion is ruled by the Thalmor.

      "During the crisis, the Crystal Tower was forced to give the Thalmor greater power and authority. Their efforts almost certainly saved Summerset Isle from being overrun. They capitalized on their success to seize total control in 4E 22."

      -The Great War

        Loading editor
    • Thalmor are way, way to weak to do anything with the moons.

      The moons disappeared, Thalmor figured they might return or somesuch so they tell Elsweyr that they can bring the moons back and well as they say the rest is history.

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.217.2 wrote:
      Thalmor are way, way to weak to do anything with the moons.

      The moons disappeared, Thalmor figured they might return or somesuch so they tell Elsweyr that they can bring the moons back and well as they say the rest is history.

      The Thalmor is easily the most dangerous organization in the Aurbis. Moreso than Talos.

      They cannot be understood. They are the Other and they hate everything that even smells like mortality.

      And they're going to win in the end.

      - MK

      As MK already said, the Thalmor are the most dangerous organization on Nirn. They most likely have access to Dawn Magic, which is darn powerful.

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      The Thalmor is easily the most dangerous organization in the Aurbis. Moreso than Talos.

      They cannot be understood. They are the Other and they hate everything that even smells like mortality.

      And they're going to win in the end.

      - MK

      As MK already said, the Thalmor are the most dangerous organization on Nirn. They most likely have access to Dawn Magic, which is darn powerful.

      I'm starting to think MK is to elder scrolls what MW is warhammer...

      Anyway, why haven't they won yet, then?

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.217.2 wrote:
      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      The Thalmor is easily the most dangerous organization in the Aurbis. Moreso than Talos.

      They cannot be understood. They are the Other and they hate everything that even smells like mortality.

      And they're going to win in the end.

      - MK

      As MK already said, the Thalmor are the most dangerous organization on Nirn. They most likely have access to Dawn Magic, which is darn powerful.

      I'm starting to think MK is to elder scrolls what MW is warhammer...

      Anyway, why haven't they won yet, then?


      (Just want to say that MK created almost all TES lore, Including Talos and the Thalmor)

      Does he say when they win? No. They could win at any time. 20 years after Skyrim or maybe 2000 years after Skyrim. Who knows? That's a trick many writers use.

        Loading editor
    • I'm certain that the Thalmor VIEW themselves as the most dangerous, it's just that...

      Well, their actions beg to differ.

      It's all smoke and mirrors with them, skulking in the shadows etc.

      Like the Rising Threat books says, the Thalmors strength lies in deception.

        Loading editor
    • The Thalmor are definetly the most dangerous organization. Why? Let's just look at the facts:

      -They could beat the Empire in a war (Please don't start a war discussion)

      -They could remove the moons

      -They are the ones who stopped the Daedra from invading the Summerset Isles

      -We know that Landfall happened sometime in the 5th Era, which means that the Thalmor did succeed in destroying all Towers

      -They are responsible for the destruction of the Falinesti Tower, the Khajiit Tower and indirectly for the fall of Snow Throat

      Their deception is also what makes them so powerful. Anyways, the Thalmor will win. It's unknown when they will, but they are definetly the biggest threat to all people in Tamriel.

        Loading editor
    • In the C0DA it's pretty much displayed how Thalmor achieved their goal. Mer walk among the gods, and Men are no longer.

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      80.216.217.2 wrote:
      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      The Thalmor is easily the most dangerous organization in the Aurbis. Moreso than Talos.

      They cannot be understood. They are the Other and they hate everything that even smells like mortality.

      And they're going to win in the end.

      - MK

      As MK already said, the Thalmor are the most dangerous organization on Nirn. They most likely have access to Dawn Magic, which is darn powerful.

      I'm starting to think MK is to elder scrolls what MW is warhammer...

      Anyway, why haven't they won yet, then?


      (Just want to say that MK created almost all TES lore, Including Talos and the Thalmor)

      Does he say when they win? No. They could win at any time. 20 years after Skyrim or maybe 2000 years after Skyrim. Who knows? That's a trick many writers use.

      But why would it take any time at all? If any of that were true they would already have won.

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.217.2 wrote:

      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      80.216.217.2 wrote:
      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      The Thalmor is easily the most dangerous organization in the Aurbis. Moreso than Talos.

      They cannot be understood. They are the Other and they hate everything that even smells like mortality.

      And they're going to win in the end.

      - MK

      As MK already said, the Thalmor are the most dangerous organization on Nirn. They most likely have access to Dawn Magic, which is darn powerful.

      I'm starting to think MK is to elder scrolls what MW is warhammer...

      Anyway, why haven't they won yet, then?


      (Just want to say that MK created almost all TES lore, Including Talos and the Thalmor)

      Does he say when they win? No. They could win at any time. 20 years after Skyrim or maybe 2000 years after Skyrim. Who knows? That's a trick many writers use.

      But why would it take any time at all?

      If any of that were true they would already have won.


      Because the Empire, some Towers and Talos still exist.

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote: The Thalmor are definetly the most dangerous organization. Why? Let's just look at the facts: -They could beat the Empire in a war (Please don't start a war discussion) -They could remove the moons -They are the ones who stopped the Daedra from invading the Summerset Isles -We know that Landfall happened sometime in the 5th Era, which means that the Thalmor did succeed in destroying all Towers -They are responsible for the destruction of the Falinesti Tower, the Khajiit Tower and indirectly for the fall of Snow Throat Their deception is also what makes them so powerful. Anyways, the Thalmor will win. It's unknown when they will, but they are definetly the biggest threat to all people in Tamriel.
      I wont, just voicing my extreme doubt. Really? Where is any evidence at all? Where is evidence they have access to dawn magic? Nowhere? If they did that by hiding, and stealing the credit for others work, then yes. The Thalmor did absolutely nothing to stop the invasion. They closed not a single gate/portal. As for the last, what sources tell us they did? Thalmor ones? Heard about unreliable narrator?
        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      Because the Empire, some Towers and Talos still exist.

      Why haven't they got rid of those then?

      Too weak?

      They're just charlatans?

      Yeah, I thought so.

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      Anyways, the Thalmor will win. It's unknown when they will, but they are definetly the biggest threat to all people in Tamriel.

      So basically I was right, MK is MW.

      OP'ing and making his favorite faction be the strongest and win and all that...

      Well that sucks.

        Loading editor
    • Ikabite wrote:
      In the C0DA it's pretty much displayed how Thalmor achieved their goal. Mer walk among the gods, and Men are no longer.

      Mer or Altmer?

      And that's awful, so then Mer succeeded in murdering all non-elves?

      Well then the correct course is clear.

      Us non-Mer have to band together and kill as many elves as possible in retaliation for the biggest genocide in Nirns' history.

      Even if Mer victory is inevitable, we can atleast make sure that as few elves as possible get to reap the fruits from their unspeakable crime.

      Should send as many of them to Coldharbour to, that would teach them.

      At least now I know to ignore any "it's not all elves or Altmer blahblah just a minority" defence.

      It doesn't matter, those elves even if a majority won't stop it so their existance is null and void.

        Loading editor
    • Though I suppose that victory probably won't ever come up in a game just something that's way of in the future of Mundus but we wont ecer see it even if it is coming.

      Which it might not.

      MK and his lore could get purged if it hasn't already, such is the prerogative of the copyright holders.

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      (Just want to say that MK created almost all TES lore, Including Talos and the Thalmor)

      ...

      Then he's worse than Matt Ward, Ward at least had the excuse of being an ascended fanboy. So it can be expected he'll favor his chosen faction/s. There's no reason to make the Altmer allpowerfull and the ultimate winners. It breaks the game.

        Loading editor
    • If you read C0DA you'll notice couple of things:

      • Nirn is destroyed
      • Time is no longer linear
      • Dunmer and Khajiit walk among gods
      • There are no Men

      At this point we don't know the exact events of the Landfall (destruction of Nirn) and if it was triggered by Thalmor themselves, but their goal has been reached at that point.

      Men divinities, however still exist - Talos, for example. But as much as I got out of the piece - he either gave up or was weakened too much but the Thalmor cut of worship. He was the main opposing force to the Thalmor.

      And finally - Vivec also mentions the defeat of Thalmor. As they were purists and viewed Dunmer as lowest of elves, maybe there was a conflict that they lost.

        Loading editor
    • Is there an explanation for the Khajiits presence?

      Well, I feel slighly less disgusted and bit relieved to hear that.

      Sincere thanks :) I'm glad it sounds like the Altmer/Thalmor seem to get what they deserve.

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.217.2 wrote:
      Is there an explanation for the Khajiits presence?

      As Nirn broke down, mortals settled on the Masser. Khajiit were once elves, so they're still mer'ish.

      Khajiit had their foothold on the moon before the Landfall, as did Men, during Reman Dynasty (I think), but something happened to the Men, or maybe they simply retreated after all the "space" campaign failed.

      About space stuff, let me expain. Some of us commonly use terms as planets, space-ships  and space-stations here. But it's a different kind of sci-fi you'd imagine. Spheres in the sky are actually planes of the Aedra and other divinities, they only seem like planets to mortals. Space in-between is a inter-plane(t)ary void. So it's more of a magical vessels than space-ships you'd see in Sci-Fi movies.

      The Battlespire is one example of such "space-stations". (Edited: link correction)

        Loading editor
    • I honestly never saw the Thalmor end-game as being an actual outcome, due to Lorkhan having a presence within all mortals, Dunmer and Khajiit especially. Unless the landfall isn't exactly what I think it is, I still need to read C0DA.

      In a side note, does the Landfall mean Talos died?

        Loading editor
    • Dovahsebrom wrote:

      In a side note, does the Landfall mean Talos died?

      Talos shows up in C0DA, he's not dead and plays quite a large role in C0DA, not to spoil anything.

        Loading editor
    • I'm unsure if the Thalmor had anything to do with the Void Nights, but there is no other valid argument. The moons disappear, the Khajiit get freaked out. Then they suddenly come back, and now the Dominion have some very powerful allies.  If the Thalmor did cause the Void Nights, then they are FAR more powerful than previously thought. The Empire is in deep trouble.    

        Loading editor
    • Yes. They told the Khajiit that it was them who had used powerful magic to make the sacred moons of Masser and Segundo return, and so the Khajiit pretty much heralded them as saviours and let the Thalmor walk right back into Elsweyr.

        Loading editor
    • Rathinree wrote:
      Yes. They told the Khajiit that it was them who had used powerful magic to make the sacred moons of Masser and Segundo return, and so the Khajiit pretty much heralded them as saviours and let the Thalmor walk right back into Elsweyr.

      But that leave two questions unanswered:   1) Did they cause the Void Nights to begin with?    2) Did the Thalmor actually cause the moon's to return?

        Loading editor
    • First Inquisitor Hyrandill wrote:

      But that leave two questions unanswered:   1) Did they cause the Void Nights to begin with?    2) Did the Thalmor actually cause the moon's to return?

      We know they lie all the time, why would this be different?

      So;

      1 No, they did not.

      2 Definitely no!

      For example of Thalmor liying, see their lies about closing oblivion gates.

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.220.71 wrote:

      First Inquisitor Hyrandill wrote:

      But that leave two questions unanswered:   1) Did they cause the Void Nights to begin with?    2) Did the Thalmor actually cause the moon's to return?

      We know they lie all the time, why would this be different?

      So;

      1 No, they did not.

      2 Definitely no!

      For example of Thalmor liying, see their lies about closing oblivion gates.

      Fair enough.

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.220.71 wrote:
      First Inquisitor Hyrandill wrote:

      But that leave two questions unanswered:   1) Did they cause the Void Nights to begin with?    2) Did the Thalmor actually cause the moon's to return?

      We know they lie all the time, why would this be different?

      So;

      1 No, they did not.

      2 Definitely no!

      For example of Thalmor liying, see their lies about closing oblivion gates.

      You do know that they DID actually close many Oblivion gates in the Summerset isles. 

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:
      80.216.220.71 wrote:
      First Inquisitor Hyrandill wrote:

      But that leave two questions unanswered:   1) Did they cause the Void Nights to begin with?    2) Did the Thalmor actually cause the moon's to return?

      We know they lie all the time, why would this be different?

      So;

      1 No, they did not.

      2 Definitely no!

      For example of Thalmor liying, see their lies about closing oblivion gates.

      You do know that they DID actually close many Oblivion gates in the Summerset isles. 

      Thats true. But not as bad as the ass kicking the Argonians gave out in Black Marsh!!! :)

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:

      You do know that they DID actually close many Oblivion gates in the Summerset isles. 

      I do know they take credit for the closing of all oblivion gates, which I know to be a lie.

      Is there any solid basis in unbiased canon for them to have closed even one gate?

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.217.2 wrote:
      I'm certain that the Thalmor VIEW themselves as the most dangerous, it's just that...

      Well, their actions beg to differ.

      It's all smoke and mirrors with them, skulking in the shadows etc.

      Like the Rising Threat books says, the Thalmors strength lies in deception.

      the book is also heavily Imperial/Empire biased, while it does offer some insight into the Thalmores inner workings it seems like its probly propaganda to a certain extent (kind of like how the Empire says Ulfric "murdered the King of Skyrim" when in truth he challenged him traditionally and defeated him in combat). also didnt it say they didnt have near the strength to defeat the Legion as they made it sound? yet all the vetrans in Skyrim mention how they were fighting bloody battles with the Elves. If the Thalmore were all Smoke and Mirrors then the Empire wouldnt have got its ass handed to them and their capital saked and castle/tower destroyed and forced to obey their every command with the Treaty. they also seem to have the strength to fight both the Empire Remnants and Hammerfall (which is strong in its own right) which is no easy feat. Obviously they are a big threat to almost all the groups on the planet, possibly the Akviri being the only Empire that could destroy them with ease.


      anyways weren't the Khajit Dominion members at first anyways (during the period ESO takes place)? would make sense for them to join again if thats the case so i doubt it has to do 100% with the thalmore using magic to influence the moons or not, but just probly old alliances that bind them

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.220.71 wrote:
      Rukathesoldier wrote:

      You do know that they DID actually close many Oblivion gates in the Summerset isles. 

      I do know they take credit for the closing of all oblivion gates, which I know to be a lie.

      Is there any solid basis in unbiased canon for them to have closed even one gate?

      I think it says they held their own for quite some time. that their Archers and Mages were very formidable opponents for the Daedra but started to lose and would have lost if Akatosh wouldnt have defeated Dagon. sounds to me like they did better then most nations however, seeing as all the other races (aside from the Argonians and towards the end of the crisis the Dunmer) started getting overwhelmed towards the end

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      -We know that Landfall happened sometime in the 5th Era, which means that the Thalmor did succeed in destroying all Towers


      "5th Era", you say. Have you been reading some elder scrolls to learn the future events?xD

      Yes, I know about Michael Kirkbride. But while he created a lot of TES lore, his c0da thing isn't officially approved by Bethesda [at least not yet], as you know.

        Loading editor
    • I messed up the quote frame in the previous message, sorry :d

        Loading editor
    • As 179 just said, it's important for you all to remember- Michael Kirkbride's lore isn't actually canon, and C0DA is not canon. 

        Loading editor
    • Pelinal Whitestrake wrote:
      The Thalmor are definetly the most dangerous organization. Why? Let's just look at the facts:

      -They could beat the Empire in a war (Please don't start a war discussion)

      -They could remove the moons

      -They are the ones who stopped the Daedra from invading the Summerset Isles

      -We know that Landfall happened sometime in the 5th Era, which means that the Thalmor did succeed in destroying all Towers

      -They are responsible for the destruction of the Falinesti Tower, the Khajiit Tower and indirectly for the fall of Snow Throat

      Their deception is also what makes them so powerful. Anyways, the Thalmor will win. It's unknown when they will, but they are definetly the biggest threat to all people in Tamriel.

      1. Lies, they lost a lot of soldiers when the Imperial City was retaken and they only worked for peace to recover. While it is possible they could have won the war without the peace they wouldn't have been able to survive the aftermath. The war in Hammerfall after the White-Gold was signed didn't help them either since they basically lost that war.

      2. I seriously doubt they had the power to remove the moons, if they managed to do that why haven't they conquered the whole world yet? As others have said I believe that the Thalmor lied to the Khajiit about the Moons and have worked to maintain their new slave kingdoms.

      3. The Argonians did it on their own as well, it's not unique to just the Thalmor. Also did the Thalmor have any proof about that?

      4-5. What? The Thalmor had very little with dealing with the Towers. The only one they had any indirect responsibility to was the Snow-Throat Tower.

      Their deception has obviously clouded your vision. lol I belive that the Dragonborn achieved CHIM when he loved the world enough to stop Alduin, so Nirn won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

      • Note: If any of the above were already answered then I apologize. 
        Loading editor
    • 70.190.92.5 wrote:

      2. I seriously doubt they had the power to remove the moons, if they managed to do that why haven't they conquered the whole world yet? As others have said I believe that the Thalmor lied to the Khajiit about the Moons and have worked to maintain their new slave kingdoms.

      What were the Void Nights:

      Eugenics experiment. With a side dish of "don't [censored] with us."

      -MK's Posts

      The Thalmor created the Void Nights to see what effects it would have on Khajiit reproduction (which heavily depends on the moons).

      3. The Argonians did it on their own as well, it's not unique to just the Thalmor. Also did the Thalmor have any proof about that?

      "During the crisis, the Crystal Tower was forced to give the Thalmor greater power and authority. Their efforts almost certainly saved Summerset Isle from being overrun"

      -The Great War (Book)

        Loading editor
    • Mk was fired from Bethesda though, so all his post about as creditable as anyone who writes fan fiction.

        Loading editor
    • Twigman55 wrote:
      Mk was fired from Bethesda though, so all his post about as creditable as anyone who writes fan fiction.


      He wasn't fired. He left by himself.

        Loading editor
    • Pelinal Whitestrake wrote:

      Twigman55 wrote:
      Mk was fired from Bethesda though, so all his post about as creditable as anyone who writes fan fiction.


      He wasn't fired. He left by himself.

      Still doesn't change the creditability.

        Loading editor
    • Twigman55 wrote:

      Pelinal Whitestrake wrote:



      Twigman55 wrote:
      Mk was fired from Bethesda though, so all his post about as creditable as anyone who writes fan fiction.

      He wasn't fired. He left by himself.
      Still doesn't change the creditability.

      Alot of people accept his lore and Bethesda often uses it.

      I consider anything in TIL archives lore friendly.

        Loading editor
    • Dovahsebrom wrote:

      Twigman55 wrote:

      Pelinal Whitestrake wrote:



      Twigman55 wrote:
      Mk was fired from Bethesda though, so all his post about as creditable as anyone who writes fan fiction.

      He wasn't fired. He left by himself.
      Still doesn't change the creditability.

      Alot of people accept his lore and Bethesda often use it.

      I consider anything in TIL archives lore friendly.

      Even if some of it is used by Bethesda, doesn't mean all of it will. Such as the fact that the Thalmor succeed and destroy Nirn.

        Loading editor
    • Twigman55 wrote:

      Even if some of it is used by Bethesda, doesn't mean all of it will. Such as the fact that the Thalmor succeed and destroy Nirn.

      Do you think Bethesda will ever actually make a TES game that has Mundus die?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.