FANDOM


    • They're all really great. The Altmeri homeland, the Summerset Isles, sounds really amazing. Towers that catch sunlight. Cities made of crystals. Sounds great. The Dunmer homeland is also great. The Bosmer have a really interesting religion and culture. The origin of the Orcs is really interesting.

        Loading editor
    • Well i kind of agree with you unfortunatly, personally i wish i could chose but they are too distinct to be compared to one anouther. Bosmer are stereotypical elves (at first sight), they're archers, the altmer: magic casters, the dunmer: spec ops and then there are the orcs and dwarves getting a fancy green card.

      The only elves i'd be iterested in seeing at the moment would  be the snow elves and the ayleids, they both suposedly got destroyed by the nords.

      ayleids could be the next falmer for all we know. "Hey they're dead.....oh no they survived.

        Loading editor
    • Falmer!

        Loading editor
    • I think that all elves are equally intressting.

        Loading editor
    • Dunmer/Orsimer/Dwemer!

        Loading editor
    • I want to know more about the Lefthanded Elves. They seem quite interesting. The Falmer seem too much like the Ayleids and Altmer.

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Well they sound weird. "Left handed" lol  "left handed" elves with "curved swords"  XD.

        Loading editor
    • They all died in an atomic explosion. Does that seem funny to you? >:(

      On a more serious note:

      Ayleid were masters of magic at their time, surpassing the Psijics by far. But they got their ass kicked by mere slave rebellion.
      Lefthanded Elves we don't really know much of them.
      Dwemer are possibly my favorite. Magi-engineers of TES universe and they worshiped reason and logic above everything else. They're also early Byzantine.
      Falmer are not that close to Altmer as people want to believe. We know very little of them. I'd like to see some content on modern Falmer as well.
      Maormer are badass sailors with their insect-ships and immortal mage-king. We know little of them.
      Altmer are hated by many and a bit obsessed with immortality. But they do have a claim for the leadership title if it wasn't for that.
      Bosmer are probably my least favorite. Cannibalistic, uncultured barbarians most of them. But maybe it could be interesting to explore a bit more.
      Chimer are dead and were yellow. All hail Vehk.
      Dunmer are quite cool. But they're also treacherous and opportunistic as hell. I'd love myself a Telvanni tower, however.
      Orsimer are bit too barbaric and uneducated for my taste, but when it comes to playing a basher, they're as good as a Nord.
        Loading editor
    • 86.74.187.143 wrote:
      Well they sound weird. "Left handed" lol  "left handed" elves with "curved swords"  XD.

      Wow. So funny. It's ain't like they were blasted into non-existence by the RaGada Sword-Singers.

        Loading editor
    • Left-Handed Elves held an empire four times the size of the Septim's Empire and are theorized to worship Lorkhan instead of Auriel.

        Loading editor
    • Where does any game say that? I wouldn't mind reading about a Lefthanded Empire.

        Loading editor
    • TheDwemerSpy wrote:
      Where does any game say that? I wouldn't mind reading about a Lefthanded Empire.

      "You killed the white king in the Hammerfell, after all."

      "What?" Cyrus said. "The Emperor? I didn’t kill him."...


      ..."Our swords sent the Left-Handers into the oceans, whose empire was four times the size of the white king."

      -Lord Vivec's Sword-Meeting with Cyrus the Restless

        Loading editor
    • Dovah, you should add that to the Lefthander wiki page. I doubt it has it.

        Loading editor
    • The best and strongest elf is the one that the player chooses wisely and pairs up with an enchanted weapon and armor. Each elf has its perks and downsides, but really it is up to the player to bring out their strong suits, through magic, armor, enchanting and alchemy. An elf of the dragonborn kind is truly one of the strongest elf in my eyes, but that is my opinion.

      For me, I like the dark elves. Their dark skin seems flawless and beautiful and help in what I do best, sneak and steal.

        Loading editor
    • WOW! Really cool lore!

        Loading editor
    • Dwemer without question!

      First off, their armor is major badass and last and most important...


      They're not around anymore!

      Isn't that the greatest thing you've ever heard?

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.217.2 wrote:
      Dwemer without question!

      First off, their armor is major badass and last and most important...


      They're not around anymore!

      Isn't that the greatest thing you've ever heard?


      So, you value the look of their armor and their extinction more than their culture?

        Loading editor
    • Falmer be like "Just chillin with mah bugs guys!"

        Loading editor
    • Ikabite wrote:
      Dovah, you should add that to the Lefthander wiki page. I doubt it has it.

      I don't think so. That's from Kirkbride stuff that may not be considered canon.

        Loading editor
    • ScholarOfTheScrolls wrote:
      Ikabite wrote:
      Dovah, you should add that to the Lefthander wiki page. I doubt it has it.
      I don't think so. That's from Kirkbride stuff that may not be considered canon.

      Our wiki considers Kirkbride canon.

        Loading editor
    • Altmer. They are the most learned, sophisticated, magically gifted, and powerful race in Tamriel. Who lead the Thalmor to power and nearly destroyed the Empire? 

        Loading editor
    • First Inquisitor Hyrandill wrote:
      Altmer. They are the most learned, sophisticated, magically gifted, and powerful race in Tamriel. Who lead the Thalmor to power and nearly destroyed the Empire? 

      You couldn't be more correct.

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:

      So, you value the look of their armor and their extinction more than their culture?

      Of course, though I am found of what they did to the Falmer.

      Their tech is pretty great to, wish Nords got around to reverse-engineering it and start to manufacture the swell robots for use against the AD.

      Ah, but that's only my dreams.

        Loading editor
    • Is that so. Well... wrote:
      First Inquisitor Hyrandill wrote:
      Altmer. They are the most learned, sophisticated, magically gifted, and powerful race in Tamriel. Who lead the Thalmor to power and nearly destroyed the Empire? 
      You couldn't be more correct.

      i also agree, though i view them as the 'Orcs of LOTR' in TES Universe

        Loading editor
    • I disagree, unlike the Orcs in LOTR, the high elves are not breed to be evil warriors that want to kill everyone who doesnt support their master. High Elves are much more like Noldor (Elronds group) in LOTR tbh, magically gifted, see humans as failures/weak, kind of having their noses up in the air, very noble, tall, came up with all the current mortal based knowledge of Tolkeins and ES universe.


      I think The Dunmer and Dwemer are the most interesting tbh. wood elves are very boring with their back story imo

        Loading editor
    • 99.105.83.169 wrote:
      I disagree, unlike the Orcs in LOTR, the high elves are not breed to be evil warriors that want to kill everyone who doesnt support their master. High Elves are much more like Noldor (Elronds group) in LOTR tbh, magically gifted, see humans as failures/weak, kind of having their noses up in the air, very noble, tall, came up with all the current mortal based knowledge of Tolkeins and ES universe.

      well..... unlike the Orcs of the TES universe itself, the High Elves have caused the biggest destruction to the world of men. 

      They have proved this by killing everyone who doesn't comply them , the fact are wide enough for you to see.

      that's why i view the Orcs in TES universe as more preferable folks rather than the 'Snob Elves', but in any case that's only my oppinion and i respect yours.

        Loading editor
    • Coolest: Chimer

      Strongest: Chimer

      Interesting: Chimer

      Unlike the Altmer, who  yearned to reclaim their status as gods, the Chimer believed that their mortality was a test of strength and resolve, choosing to embrace it instead of grieving on what they had lost. They began to worship the Daedra, whom they believed represented true power and would ultimately test their Chimer people's worth. They are far more worldly than the High Elves. The Chimer, and I guess ultimately the Dunmer, did retain some of the arrogance that is portrayed by the Altmer, and often think themselves superior to everyone else. But it wasn't based on a racial issue. If a Chimer thought he was superior to you, it wasn't because they were an elf and you were a human. It was because they thought that they, as an individual, were either stronger, smarter, or more skilled than you, as an individual.

        Loading editor
    • Dwemer because

      they have the best dungeones.

      they indirectly created the tribunal by creating the tools to tap into the Heart of Lorkhan

      they found a way to read elder scrolls without side effects.

      and they worship reason and logic instead of the evil daedra and the non exsistent aedra.

        Loading editor
    • Excuse me, but the aedra still exist, just not as strong as they would have been, given that they gave their power to create the world.

      That being said my favorite is the orsimer, mostly because they are outcasts, spurrned and hated by most everyone and everyone thinks they are stupid, animals, but they are just as civilized as other people, they just have a different lifestyle from their snobby peers.

        Loading editor
    • The Dwemer just due to the fact they were master engineers and followed their minds. i would love to see what happened to them when they struck the Heart of Lorkhan.

        Loading editor
    • Anyone know what happened to the sandmer?

        Loading editor
    • Antharius1337 wrote:
      Anyone know what happened to the sandmer?

      There are no "Sandmer".

        Loading editor
    • I think that the Dunmer are the coolest race. They have the most interesting (if not, tragic) history out of all the elves.

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      Antharius1337 wrote:
      Anyone know what happened to the sandmer?
      There are no "Sandmer".

      What if they exist somewhere in the Nirn.

        Loading editor
    • Antharius1337 wrote:
      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      Antharius1337 wrote:
      Anyone know what happened to the sandmer?
      There are no "Sandmer".
      What if they exist somewhere in the Nirn.

      i've also ever imagined such thing to existed  :)

      I mean even the 'Snow Elves' exist....

        Loading editor
    • hmmm what a weird glitch i got here...

      i've just post words above while signing with the current username i'm using.....

      and yet it appears as 202.62.16.252....... 

        Loading editor
    • Stormblind wrote:
      99.105.83.169 wrote:
      I disagree, unlike the Orcs in LOTR, the high elves are not breed to be evil warriors that want to kill everyone who doesnt support their master. High Elves are much more like Noldor (Elronds group) in LOTR tbh, magically gifted, see humans as failures/weak, kind of having their noses up in the air, very noble, tall, came up with all the current mortal based knowledge of Tolkeins and ES universe.
      well..... unlike the Orcs of the TES universe itself, the High Elves have caused the biggest destruction to the world of men. 

      They have proved this by killing everyone who doesn't comply them , the fact are wide enough for you to see.

      that's why i view the Orcs in TES universe as more preferable folks rather than the 'Snob Elves', but in any case that's only my oppinion and i respect yours.

      Thats the Thalmor, Thalmor =/= the High Elves or Dominion as a whole, people seem to be getting the 2 confused on here lol. thats like saying all Germans are evil people because in the 30's and 40's their leaders were Nazi's

        Loading editor
    • 99.105.83.169 wrote:
      Stormblind wrote:
      99.105.83.169 wrote:
      I disagree, unlike the Orcs in LOTR, the high elves are not breed to be evil warriors that want to kill everyone who doesnt support their master. High Elves are much more like Noldor (Elronds group) in LOTR tbh, magically gifted, see humans as failures/weak, kind of having their noses up in the air, very noble, tall, came up with all the current mortal based knowledge of Tolkeins and ES universe.
      well..... unlike the Orcs of the TES universe itself, the High Elves have caused the biggest destruction to the world of men. 

      They have proved this by killing everyone who doesn't comply them , the fact are wide enough for you to see.

      that's why i view the Orcs in TES universe as more preferable folks rather than the 'Snob Elves', but in any case that's only my oppinion and i respect yours.

      Thats the Thalmor, Thalmor =/= the High Elves or Dominion as a whole, people seem to be getting the 2 confused on here lol. thats like saying all Germans are evil people because in the 30's and 40's their leaders were Nazi's

      Do you forget about the sack of the Imperial City.......

      I thought the Lore said that the Aldmeri Dominion was responsible for that, while the Thalmors are responsible for raping Talos.

      So both are just the same. IMO

        Loading editor
    • HotBorscht wrote:
      Falmer!

      The pure-blooded Snow Elves need to retake their homeland from the Nords. Their place is on the surface under the sunlight, not in the bottom of Nirn's darkest bowel.

        Loading editor
    • Nazul Rostello wrote:

      The pure-blooded Snow Elves need to retake their homeland from the Nords. Their place is on the surface under the sunlight, not in the bottom of Nirn's darkest bowel.

      Like most if not all Mer their place is in Molag Bal's realm.

        Loading editor
    • Stormblind wrote:
      99.105.83.169 wrote:
      Stormblind wrote:
      99.105.83.169 wrote:
      I disagree, unlike the Orcs in LOTR, the high elves are not breed to be evil warriors that want to kill everyone who doesnt support their master. High Elves are much more like Noldor (Elronds group) in LOTR tbh, magically gifted, see humans as failures/weak, kind of having their noses up in the air, very noble, tall, came up with all the current mortal based knowledge of Tolkeins and ES universe.
      well..... unlike the Orcs of the TES universe itself, the High Elves have caused the biggest destruction to the world of men. 

      They have proved this by killing everyone who doesn't comply them , the fact are wide enough for you to see.

      that's why i view the Orcs in TES universe as more preferable folks rather than the 'Snob Elves', but in any case that's only my oppinion and i respect yours.

      Thats the Thalmor, Thalmor =/= the High Elves or Dominion as a whole, people seem to be getting the 2 confused on here lol. thats like saying all Germans are evil people because in the 30's and 40's their leaders were Nazi's
      Do you forget about the sack of the Imperial City.......

      I thought the Lore said that the Aldmeri Dominion was responsible for that, while the Thalmors are responsible for rapong Talos.

      So both are just the same. IMO

      So your equating the Dominion's Sacking a City, something all medieval armies do, and im sure the Empire has done seeing as Talos conquered Tamriel in a violent fashion, with the Thalmor that have prejudice against a certain religion and wanting to wipe out an entire species (mortals)? i think you need to look at the two, they are completely different, its not a matter of opinion its fact.

      If you got ride of the Thalmor and their genocidal views the only major difference between an Empire controlled Tamriel and a Dominion controlled Tamriel is the former being controlled by Cyrodil and the latter being controlled by High Elves

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.220.71 wrote:
      Nazul Rostello wrote:

      The pure-blooded Snow Elves need to retake their homeland from the Nords. Their place is on the surface under the sunlight, not in the bottom of Nirn's darkest bowel.

      Like most if not all Mer their place is in Molag Bal's realm.

      They are not vampires.

        Loading editor
    • Nazul Rostello wrote:

      They are not vampires.

      Meant as playthings for Molag Bal.

        Loading editor
    • 99.105.83.169 wrote:

      sure the Empire has done seeing as Talos conquered Tamriel in a violent fashion, with the Thalmor that have prejudice against a certain religion and wanting to wipe out an entire species (mortals)? i think you need to look at the two, they are completely different, its not a matter of opinion its fact.

      If you got ride of the Thalmor and their genocidal views the only major difference between an Empire controlled Tamriel and a Dominion controlled Tamriel is the former being controlled by Cyrodil and the latter being controlled by High Elves

      Completely Different ?

      Now that's exaggerating, as we all know that Ondolemar and some other Thalmor characters explains that they are representating the Dominion. I mean come on..... it's like saying that FBI is not from the US.....

      the reason i don't like them (AD) is because because i like the race of Man more than Mer, and not because the violence...... though they are still more violent than the Empire becauze :

      1.They seek Domination (Which is tooo obvious) and not Unity like what Tiber Septim seeks.

      2.Instead of bringing the Blades as Prisoners, they brought their heads instead.... which is very degrading and violent.

      3.White Gold Concordat, have you even heard the Empire banning the worship of any Elven Gods like Y'ffre or Phynaster ?

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.220.71 wrote:

      Meant as playthings for Molag Bal.

      The Mer are no "playthings". They used to be Gods when Lorkhan tricked the Aedra into creating Mundus. They are the most gifted & powerful mages in Tamriel. They could communicate directly with the Divines without going to a shrine.

        Loading editor
    • Nazul Rostello wrote:

      The Mer are no "playthings". They used to be Gods when Lorkhan tricked the Aedra into creating Mundus. They are the most gifted & powerful mages in Tamriel. They could communicate directly with the Divines without going to a shrine.

      They should be.

      No, all Races but Argonians have the same "Divine" origin.

      The Ehlnofey.

      Mer were never more connected to the Divine than other Races, that is a lie they tell themselves.

      Tricked and tricked, it was neccessary.

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.220.71 wrote:

      No, all Races but Argonians have the same "Divine" origin.


      What's up with Argonians.....?

        Loading editor
    • Stormblind wrote:

      80.216.220.71 wrote:

      No, all Races but Argonians have the same "Divine" origin.


      What's up with Argonians.....?

      Really have no idea, nobody knows where they came from...

        Loading editor
    • Coolest: Dunmer/Chimer

      Strongest: (As in most powerful, or most strong with weapons or...?) Dunmer/Chimer

      Most Interesting: Either Dunmer/Chimer or Altmer.

      Dunmer: BA Spellswords with amazing subterfuge skills who follow either the Daedra or the Tribunal (may they rest in peace.)

      Falmer/Snow Elves: Genocidal Snow people whose culture was as good as anyone's

      Altmer: (I hate the Thalmor, but I like the Altmer in general.) Powerful Mages that have a highly advanced culture, even if some of them hate men

      Bosmer: Stereotypical Elves, except they eat dead bodies

      Orsimer: Uncultured barbarians to some, but to others, highly skilled smiths

      Dwemer: Scientific elves who live underground and ignore anything supernatural

      LeftHanded Elves: I have no idea.

      Maormer: Green-skinned serpent riders with an Immortal Mage-King. Hate the Altmer

        Loading editor
    • The degree of oversimplification in this thread BURNS.

      Especially the strawman Bosmer hate. What the Oblivion, guys?

      To answer the actual question...I would say Dunmer for strongest - known for use of blade, bow, and destruction, a very versatile race. Altmer, Bosmer, and Orsimer specialize - Altmer to magic, Bosmer to stealth, and Orsimer to combat. They just don't measure up.

      There is no winner for the coolest. They are all awesome.

      For the most interesting, I have to say Dwemer. They were the most technologically advanced, the most alien in viewpoint, the most religiously neutral, and the most unknown. The Maormer, a total mystery, might rival them for this spot.

      Following these are the Ayleids, for their beautiful language, appreciation for the stars and for beauty, their government, their unknown culture, and their history of slaveholding, which in the eyes of some could directly contrast with their beautiful language and magic to create an unsolveable conundrum.

      Then we have the Dunmer, for their unique religious viewpoint and the fact that their livestock are floating jellyfish cows. (Like for seriously, what even are netch? Did the person who invented netch have a little too much skooma with breakfast?)

      Then we have the Bosmer (who are more than brutes/savages/boring stereotypical elf clones, thank you very much) for the Green Pact and Wild Hunt. Really, I am at a loss from your seemingly shared belief that Bosmer are uninteresting or downright bad. The Green Pact is quite possibly unique in all worldbuilding. Vegetarian elves are almost sickeningly the standard - it must have taken a very against-the-grain dev to say "hey, what if we had elves who were strict carnivores - even cannibals?"

      Oh, but then we get people vilifying them as brutes for that. You get people joining the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood and the Volkihar ALL THE TIME, and yet socially accepted cannibalism is absolutely horrible? They don't even kill people specifically for eating. It's literally just if a relative dies or if somebody attacks them. They're dead, dead is dead, it's not like they were mercilessly slaughtered for somebody's perverted whims or something.

      Really, I never understood the stigma against cannibalism. Yeah, sure, that meat used to be people. People also eat cats, dogs, horses, and goats. People eat blood sausage and insects and drink the nursing milk of other species. People eat raw fish wrapped in seaweed. People eat POISONOUS fish, for that matter. Scorpions. Bird's nests. Capsaicin. Speaking more specifically modern, people eat things that may or may not include more laboratory chemicals than any sort of traditionally known food.

      Why is the meat of one's own species so much more disgusting to eat than a Meridia-cursed BIRD'S NEST? Particularly when they were ALREADY DEAD and not murdered or sacrificed by the devourer like some kinda vampire. (Speaking of which, again, why are you more okay with a vampire feeding on human blood nonconsensually and while the person is alive than you are with somebody eating human or otherwise flesh after they died of other causes more or less acceptedly?)

      Okay, tangent. A tangent that is certain to cause some fierce moral arguments, at that. :[

      ANYWAYS. -hem, hem.- The Bosmer are interesting.

      Then you have the Orsimer, for their history and for their own cultural oddities - their survival-of-the-strongest breeding system, namely. Why do I always find the socially taboo ones fascinating?

      The Falmer, because although they aren't really attention-grabbing, they're far from boring. The Chantry of Auri-el is very interesting. Their language and mysterious Snow Prince? Intriguing as all homemade Daedric influence. But I never seem to pick them first in a "who's the most interesting" lineup, so I guess they aren't extremely interesting.

      And then the Altmer, mainly because we seem to know everything about them and they don't have any particularly standing-out quirks. I mean, they have their armor, which is nice-looking and has interesting motifs, and we have their homeland which nobody seems to know everything about, but to be honest they aren't enough of a mystery to be intriguing, not outlandish enough to be fascinating, and not likeable enough to be interesting otherwise. I'm not saying they're bad, or boring as a whole, but taken as a culture, they don't score many points. Individuals? Aww yiss. Strength and cool factor? Yes! We are talking about an entire culture of powerful mages. There is little cooler than that (embodied mainly by the other races of mer). They're aesthetically and gameplay-wise awesome, as well as being powerful mages and loremasters. But on an anthropology level (which is what I think of when I think about race-as-a-whole questions like this) they are not that interesting.

      Wow, that makes them seem REALLY bland.

      I'd better do something to make up for that.

      Their table manners are actually really cool.

      The Crystal Tower was A M A Z I N G.

      These guys give the Summerset Isles some outlandishness value.

      Phynaster is hilarious.

      And that's all for me.

      - WorshipsMeridia

        Loading editor
    • Stormblind wrote:

      99.105.83.169 wrote:

      sure the Empire has done seeing as Talos conquered Tamriel in a violent fashion, with the Thalmor that have prejudice against a certain religion and wanting to wipe out an entire species (mortals)? i think you need to look at the two, they are completely different, its not a matter of opinion its fact.

      If you got ride of the Thalmor and their genocidal views the only major difference between an Empire controlled Tamriel and a Dominion controlled Tamriel is the former being controlled by Cyrodil and the latter being controlled by High Elves

      Completely Different ?

      Now that's exaggerating, as we all know that Ondolemar and some other Thalmor characters explains that they are representating the Dominion. I mean come on..... it's like saying that FBI is not from the US.....

      the reason i don't like them (AD) is because because i like the race of Man more than Mer, and not because the violence...... though they are still more violent than the Empire becauze :

      1.They seek Domination (Which is tooo obvious) and not Unity like what Tiber Septim seeks.

      2.Instead of bringing the Blades as Prisoners, they brought their heads instead.... which is very degrading and violent.

      3.White Gold Concordat, have you even heard the Empire banning the worship of any Elven Gods like Y'ffre or Phynaster ?

      except your forgetting that the FBI under Hoover ruled the US presidents with an Iron fist for a number of decades and they actually lived in fear of pissing off hoover.

      and no its not exaggerating by any means If the Thalmor are powerful and fearful figures who the hell in their right mind would speak out against them? its like the Salem witch hunts, those little girls held the town in a vice and if they didnt like the way you looked at them then you would be in prison or dead. does that mean everyone in Salem was a bad person because they lived that way? Are all Germans evil because they were ruled by the Nazi's?  or all Russians power hungry monsters bescause of people like Ivan the Terrible, Putin, and Stalin? certainly not. just like casting all the Dominion as willing participants of Thalmor acts is naive on your part, you might as well put all Germans as Nazi's and say they delighted in murdering jews, brits and americans.

      1. really? So no high elf want to unify tamriel under their rule because they think they would be better then the Empire? your saying they took a vote at a meeting on Summer Set Isle/Alinor and ALL the Altmer decided to wipe mortals out for good? i think you need to read "Rising Threat" clearly their own people did not care for the Thalmor but are terrifyed to speak out

      2+3. Again, that was the Thalmor, and why did they do this? because they are teh ruling body of the Dominion with no one to oppose them, thus they can do as they please.

        Loading editor
    • Thats why i said if the Thalmor were exiled or killed and The Dominion put under leadership of a Monarchy again they would not have the same goals as the Thalmor, look at the First Dominion for example under a Monarchy, they didnt want to eliminate all life that wasnt elven, they just wanted an Elven dominated empire because they believed they could do a better job

        Loading editor
    • 99.105.83.169 wrote:

      except your forgetting that the FBI under Hoover ruled the US presidents with an Iron fist for a number of decades and they actually lived in fear of pissing off hoover.

      and no its not exaggerating by any means If the Thalmor are powerful and fearful figures who the hell in their right mind would speak out against them? its like the Salem witch hunts, those little girls held the town in a vice and if they didnt like the way you looked at them then you would be in prison or dead. does that mean everyone in Salem was a bad person because they lived that way? Are all Germans evil because they were ruled by the Nazi's?  or all Russians power hungry monsters bescause of people like Ivan the Terrible, Putin, and Stalin? certainly not. just like casting all the Dominion as willing participants of Thalmor acts is naive on your part, you might as well put all Germans as Nazi's and say they delighted in murdering jews, brits and americans.

      1. really? So no high elf want to unify tamriel under their rule because they think they would be better then the Empire? your saying they took a vote at a meeting on Summer Set Isle/Alinor and ALL the Altmer decided to wipe mortals out for good? i think you need to read "Rising Threat" clearly their own people did not care for the Thalmor but are terrifyed to speak out

      2+3. Again, that was the Thalmor, and why did they do this? because they are teh ruling body of the Dominion with no one to oppose them, thus they can do as they please.

      You're obviously getting away from the words you're saying.

      You my friend.... says 'Completely Different' back up there -,- remember, and I haven't even say that AD and Thalmor are 'Completely the Same' and yet you think if i said that already.

      But yet the Thalmor is always, and will always be the child of Aldmeri Dominion itself, no matter how bad their actions they will always be connected with Aldermeri Dominion. Just like Imperialism which is the child of the Westmans.

      my 2+3 was clearly the action of AD, read This if you must.......

        Loading editor
    • You act as if they are the same. even your recent comment that the Thamor are the children of the dominion proves that. again thats not true read the Rising Threat books, the Thalmor had the high elven armies conquer Valenwood and they recreated the Dominon, not the other way around.

      also

      The Great War:

      "The Thalmor ambassador upended the cart, spilling over a hundred heads on the floor: every blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood."

      Thalmor controls the Dominion

        Loading editor
    • I thought we were talking about races, not factions.

      In case it was unclear, the Thalmor are a faction - the current government. They are not to be confused with the entire race or culture as a whole.

      - WorshipsMeridia

        Loading editor
    • 99.105.83.169 wrote:
      You act as if they are the same. even your recent comment that the Thamor are the children of the dominion proves that. again thats not true read the Rising Threat books, the Thalmor had the high elven armies conquer Valenwood and they recreated the Dominon, not the other way around.

      also

      The Great War:

      "The Thalmor ambassador upended the cart, spilling over a hundred heads on the floor: every blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood."

      Thalmor controls the Dominion

      let me clarify the meaning of what i've said above

      Thalmor =/= Aldmeri Dominion 

      Thalmor is the child of Aldmeri Dominion, as in that they respresent the 3rd Aldmeri Dominion, just like what Ondolemar said , ask him now for gods sake....., if you still hestitate. 

      "The Thalmor ambassador upended the cart, spilling over a hundred heads on the floor: every blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood."

      no offence but these phrase above is still too weak to uncover the fact that the Thalmor is the one behind the the 3rd Aldmeri Dominion, if you want to make me believe you,  you'll need a more powerfull proof.

      (By the way sorry guys if this is off topic, problably my fault. I don't realized that my oppinion of loving a Man more that loving a Mer, is turning out to be a faction debate already.....)

        Loading editor
    • Stormblind wrote:
      99.105.83.169 wrote:
      You act as if they are the same. even your recent comment that the Thamor are the children of the dominion proves that. again thats not true read the Rising Threat books, the Thalmor had the high elven armies conquer Valenwood and they recreated the Dominon, not the other way around.

      also

      The Great War:

      "The Thalmor ambassador upended the cart, spilling over a hundred heads on the floor: every blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood."

      Thalmor controls the Dominion

      let me clarify the meaning of what i've said above

      Thalmor =/= Aldmeri Dominion 

      Thalmor is the child of Aldmeri Dominion, as in that they respresent the 3rd Aldmeri Dominion, just like what Ondolemar said , ask him now for gods sake....., if you still hestitate. 

      "The Thalmor ambassador upended the cart, spilling over a hundred heads on the floor: every blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood."

      no offence but these phrase above is still too weak to uncover the fact that the Thalmor is the one behind the the 3rd Aldmeri Dominion, if you want to make me believe you,  you'll need a more powerfull proof.

      (By the way sorry guys if this is off topic, problably my fault. I don't realized that my oppinion of loving a Man more that loving a Mer, is turning out to be a faction debate already.....)

      your the one that told me to read the great war and that it tells that the Dominion was the one that killed the blades and that the Thalmor are in your words "the children of the dominion", i just showed you proof it was the thalmor that killed the blades not the Dominion as a whole is all.....again read rising threat, it even states in there the Thalmor are the ones that created the Dominion, there was no Dominion until the Thalmor decreed there was after they formed an alliance w/ Valenwood

        Loading editor
    • 99.105.83.169 wrote:                                                                                                          i just showed you proof it was the thalmor that killed the blades not the Dominion as a whole is all.....again read rising threat, it even states in there the Thalmor are the ones that created the Dominion, there was no Dominion until the Thalmor decreed there was after they formed an alliance w/ Valenwood

      what i mean by 'Thalmor is the Child of the Dominion' is that they represent the Aldmeri Dominion, which i heard from that cocksucker Ondolemar.

      And i admit that you're right about the origin of the 3rd Aldmeri Dominion, though

      "On the 30th of Frostfall, 4E 171, the Aldmeri Dominion sent an ambassador to the Imperial City with a gift in a covered cart and an ultimatum for the new Emperor."

      "Titus II knew that there would be no better time to negotiate peace, and late in 4E 175 the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion signed the White-Gold Concordat, ending the Great War."

      these words still proofs that AD is indeed greatly connected to the Thalmor and these two are not 'Completely Different'.

        Loading editor
    • ^ well yeah they represent the Dominion lol, they ARE the will and mind behind the Dominon at this point, the Khajit and Wood Elves dont seem to have a say like they did in the Old Dominion. The Dominion is just the kingdom and the Thalmor are its Nobility, its Kings and Queens to an extent

        Loading editor
    • The Thalmor are the rulers of the AD and have been for quite some time, it's splitting hairs to view the two as distinct at this point.

        Loading editor
    • Well, there are several catergories and specific talents in which each subspecies of Mer specialize in. If I may, I would like to go over each category, one by one, to help distinguish each subspecies of Mer in how they are talented in their own unique way, what that particular talent is, and an explanation as to why.

      Before I begin, please understand that this is my own personal opinion, so don't take it too seriously. As a matter of fact, I fully encourage you to take it with a grain of salt. I only ask that you respect my opinion, and that you keep negative thoughts to yourself, just as I would in a reply to you or anyone else. In other words, treat others how you would want to be treated. Please be sensible and civil about your replies. With that all said and done, let's continue.

      -Magical Potency-

      This category clearly defines, above nearly all else, the Aldmer and Altmer. In modern society on Tamriel, the most talented Elven mages have usually been recognized as Altmer, reinforced by the fact that, in almost every game, they have been designed as the most talented starting mages, such as in Skyrim. However, the Dunmer do indeed deserve a very honourable mention, also being very talented mages in their own right, even for a race of Mer.

      -Lifespan-

      More often than not, when you hear of a Mer that has an unusually long lifespan, it tends to be a Dunmer. Thus, I feel as though they deserve this category. A long lifespan ensures that the Dunmer are full of wisdom, experience, and power that they have gathered over a potential millenium, if not more.

      -Smithing-

      If anyone, this talent is clearly defines the Orsimer. As such, their equipment is among the best on Nirn, typically surpassed only by Ebony, Daedric, and that which is made from the bones of Dov, all three of which can be quite difficult to come across.

      -Technology-

      This category, no doubt, must be given to the Dwemer for their advanced technology which has not been surpassed even thousands of years after their disappearance. Even the great and cultured High Elves of Summerset have yet to surpass them, which says a lot about the Dwemer. Shockingly, their contraptions continue to function even today, without the Dwemer's maintaining of their facilities.

      -Culture-

      Amazingly enough, I'm going to have to give this feat a three-way tie to the Altmer, Snow Elves, and Alyeids, for all three subspecies of Mer are more often than not, defined by their advanced culture, which was well ahead of their time, and surpassed practically every other group during the peak of their power.

      -Independence-

      If there is any group of Mer which is defined as being so fiercly independent and capable of surviving on their own, without any sort of assitance, it's the Dunmer. Even in the harsh and unforgiving ash wastes of Morrowind, which could arguably rival the harshness of Hammerfell's deserts, the Dunmer have continued to survive, and sometimes even thrive, for thousands of years.

      -Intelligence-

      While a difficult one to judge, I'm ultimately giving this one to the Dwemer and Alyeids respectively for their ingenuitey and inventions which, even today, have not been replicated. As I've already explained the Dwemer, the Alyeids are known for their ingenuitey in magical energy, starlight, and enchantments. Magical stones and wells, which they created, continue to function today, and have always served as an incredibely valuable tool for any mage who has access to them.

      -Warriors-

      Quite simply, the Orsimer, among any race on Nirn, completely dominate the realm of the Warrior, being rivalled only by the Redguards, and a few select and talented Nords. In particular, the Orsimer are most talented in the use of Heavy Armor and heavy weaponry, such as their famous warhammers, which could possibly crush and bend even the strongest Nordic Steel made from the Skyforge.

      -Archery-

      If anyone, this clearly deserved to be a title worthy of recognition by the Bosmer, who are, quite arguably, the single most talented arches on Nirn from birth to death. Some have even gone so far as to claim that it was the Bosmer who invented the Bow and Arrow, though I find this highly unlikely. Instead, it's plausible that they instead perfected its design and use, but I cannot say for sure, and I believe that's a discussion for a completely different thread.

      -Agility-

      Once again, the Bosmer completely dominate this category because of their slender frames and reflexes. While nearly all Mer are fairly agile due to their slender frames, the Bosmer are in a completely separate league. Even for the Elves, the Bosmer are considered slim and agile, which can even rival that of the Khajiit, a title that says quite alot about their skill as natural hunters. As the Bosmer are considered such excellent hunters and scouts, it's also plausible to assume that their eyesight, hearing, and overall senses and perception are incredibely keen and precise, even for the Elves. What the Bosmer may lack in magical potency as opposed to their cousins, they fully make up for it with their own unique talents.

      -Conclusion-

      In general, each subspecies of Mer have their own unique strengths, weaknesses, differences, and otherwise special traits which help them stand out amongst their brethren. Regardless, it's always a good choice to have a Mer at your side in combat, for they will prove incredibely valuable in ensuring your survival and success on Tamriel, and it can be quite a dangerous world to travel in without a friend at your side. After all, two is better than one.

        Loading editor
    • The Altmer are the most civilized and strong. Read the lore!

        Loading editor
    • Maybe. But I'd have to choose Maormer. We know a lot less about them and their culture, religion, and society than we do about every other Elven race. Nobody has even stepped onto their homeland, either. You can't say that about many other types of Elves.

        Loading editor
    • I love altmer and wood elves... Oh btw quick fact khajit are a mixed breed of ancient Aldmer. Confusing but watch Fudgemuppet about it ill leave a link https://thexvid.com/video/wetaDQsKSGU/skyrim-how-every-race-was-created-elder-scrolls-lore.html Theres it. Anyways wood elves scavenging amongst there fresh kill eating or making use of any wasted materials charging into battle with bone armor and a bow. While Altmer very civilized dont stare dont put your elbows on the dinner table, use your cloth. Charging into battle with a conjured sword and a lighting spell like a Sith Lord

        Loading editor
    • Dunmer. Forever. No contest.

      ALMSIVI, Ash landers, Red Mountain, Nerevar, Ordinators, Morag Tong, etc.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Stream the best stories.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Get Disney+