FANDOM


  • So, I was watching a highly edited video of someone destroying the Dark Brotherhood and in the comments (it was a highly rated one before YT changed with the Google+ crap), I've read that wiping out the Dark Brotherhood somehow... helps the Thalmor due to the fact that the DB worship Lorkhan via Sithis.

    Am I missing something here (seriously, let me know if I am)? Of the lore I've read, I've never read anything noting that Sithis and Lorkhan are aspects of the same deity (ex: Sithis/Padomay, Kyne/Kynareth or Talos/Ysmir). The only thing related to any links is that Sithis presumably created Lorkhan to destroy the universe after the Aedra "enslaved" everything he created and even that info is questioned.

    Even so, I fail to see how it would help, or hinder the Thalmor in anyway if the DB were completely wiped out (bearing in mind that Babette, Cicero, and the Night Mother aren't there when the attack happens by the Dragonborn).

      Loading editor
    • Well if you read that IN A YOUTUBE COMMENT it has to be true right? :)


      Seriously though, I don't see how it would help or hinder anyone. The DB is an assassination service, which means anyone can either used them, or be targetting by them. So removing them of the equation just makes it much harder for anyone to put a hit on someone else, or to be the target of such hit. I don't see how it would benefit the Thalmor more than anyone else.

        Loading editor
    • From what I have read, the Thalmor are targets for the DB, thats why it helps Thalmor if you kill the DB.

        Loading editor
    • By Killing the Emperor Titus Mede II you help the damn Thalmor, on the contrary, if you destroy the DB you be making not only Skyrim a better place but all of Tamriel.

        Loading editor
    • Killing Mede does not help the Thalmor.  Mede's obviously agreed to work with the Thalmor and continue the WGC.  Killing Mede makes room for a stronger Emperor.  This will create a better life for everybody once the Dominion is thrown out.

        Loading editor
    • ^agreed Mede was essentially a power hungry warlord not really an emperor. Although I doubt the Dominion will be defeated by the Empire they handed it its a** and if they percieve it as a threat in its current state theres nothing to stop them from conquering Cyrodil. That said the Dominion itself isnt bad, just the Thalmor rulers are, kill them and The Dominion would essentially be an Elven lead Empire rather then an Imperial lead one.

        Loading editor
    • Titus is NOT a power hungry warlord neither he is working with the Thalmor, he is a sworn enemy to the Thalmor and i would not be surprised if the Thalmor would send a assassin to kill the guy. Remember: Titus did not choose to outlaw talos worship, he was forced to and people who does not accept this is either ignorant or Thalmor fans.

        Loading editor
    • ^he had no relation to the Imperial line, he took an army and captured the imperial city, that screams power hungry by monarchy standards. and Meed's poor diplomatic skills caused hammerfall and part of skyrim to turn against him. he would have had 2 strong nations at his back if he didnt outlaw Talos worship and give Redguard lands to the Thalmor. face it hes a horrible emperor compared to past ones.

        Loading editor
    • He may not be a good Emperor like Martin and the other Septims but he is still wise/just and does not fear death from what i saw when the DB listener kills him. Titus Mede I took the throne because chancelor Ocato was murdered by the Thalmor so someone had to rule Cyrodill and my opinion Titus Mede II is doing just fine, Amound was the Powerhungry not Titus II.

        Loading editor
    • Tesshu wrote:
      He may not be a good Emperor like Martin and the other Septims but he is still wise/just and does not fear death from what i saw when the DB listener kills him. He took the throne because chancelor Ocato was murdered by the Thalmor so someone had to rule Cyrodill and my opinion Titus Mede II is doing just fine, Amound was the Powerhungry not Titus.

      It wasn't him who originally took the throne, the one who took the throne was his ancestor, Titus Mede I

        Loading editor
    • Yeah i know i was talking about Titus I not the II in the second part of the comment.

        Loading editor
    • Tesshu wrote:
      By Killing the Emperor Titus Mede II you help the damn Thalmor, on the contrary, if you destroy the DB you be making not only Skyrim a better place but all of Tamriel.

      well in all of tamriel their are people like nazeem or braith that just have to die.

        Loading editor
    • So, who becomes later an emperor? Amound Motierre?

        Loading editor
    • Gordon Freemer wrote:
      So, who becomes later an emperor? Amound Motierre?

      not unless you kill him.

        Loading editor
    • Gordon Freemer wrote:
      So, who becomes later an emperor? Amound Motierre?

      SHEOGORATH!!!!!!!!!!! 

        Loading editor
    • Some118 wrote:
      Gordon Freemer wrote:
      So, who becomes later an emperor? Amound Motierre?
      not unless you kill him.

      He's smarter than that.  I'm sure he's backing someone that better suits himself

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Some118 wrote:
      Gordon Freemer wrote:
      So, who becomes later an emperor? Amound Motierre?
      not unless you kill him.
      He's smarter than that.  I'm sure he's backing someone that better suits himself

      but when you kill him he says that you and him had a deal, he was unaware that you might have killed him as well.

        Loading editor
    • Some118 wrote:

      but when you kill him he says that you and him had a deal, he was unaware that you might have killed him as well.

      Because he's working with an instrument of Sithis, not Sheograth.

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Some118 wrote:
      but when you kill him he says that you and him had a deal, he was unaware that you might have killed him as well.
      Because he's working with an instrument of Sithis, not Sheograth.

      what are you talking about? what does sheogorath have to do with amound mottiere?

        Loading editor
    • Some118 wrote:
      Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Some118 wrote:
      but when you kill him he says that you and him had a deal, he was unaware that you might have killed him as well.
      Because he's working with an instrument of Sithis, not Sheograth.
      what are you talking about? what does sheogorath have to do with amound mottiere?


      There is a saying "do not bite the hand that feeds you."  Killing Motierre would be madness; he hints to you that he will grow powerful, and that you would grow rich with him.  The payment he offers would not be the final payment.

      Also, to backstab ANY contact is bad for the DB.  Who would contact assassins that will kill you after you pay them?  Surely the Prince of Madness is the only Deadra that could talk you into such a bad choice.

        Loading editor
    • I decided not to kill Motierre, and I did right. I know that today, because I've read he's actually Breton, and my main character is breton too (Gordon Freemer was just cooler for a nick, also because that breton was my first character, he's sorta Mary Sue). But now, let's move to the actual topic, sorry about mentioning Motierre.

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Some118 wrote:
      Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Some118 wrote:
      but when you kill him he says that you and him had a deal, he was unaware that you might have killed him as well.
      Because he's working with an instrument of Sithis, not Sheograth.
      what are you talking about? what does sheogorath have to do with amound mottiere?

      There is a saying "do not bite the hand that feeds you."  Killing Motierre would be madness; he hints to you that he will grow powerful, and that you would grow rich with him.  The payment he offers would not be the final payment.

      Also, to backstab ANY contact is bad for the DB.  Who would contact assassins that will kill you after you pay them?  Surely the Prince of Madness is the only Deadra that could talk you into such a bad choice.

      well i consider the emporers request as a contract against mottiere.

        Loading editor
    • Monarchs get their dying wishes, especially when those wishes are curses against their mortal enemies. It's in the rules! Let Amaund Motierre live? Please. 

      Besides, the DB isn't a mercenary hit squad offering up its services to the highest bidder. That's what Astrid had turned it into and that's why Astrid had to die. The Dark Brotherhood serves a higher calling, one that should never be subordinated to earthly political intrigue. 

        Loading editor
    • 97.118.55.93 wrote:
      Monarchs get their dying wishes, especially when those wishes are curses against their mortal enemies. It's in the rules! Let Amaund Motierre live? Please. 

      Besides, the DB isn't a mercenary hit squad offering up its services to the highest bidder. That's what Astrid had turned it into and that's why Astrid had to die. The Dark Brotherhood serves a higher calling, one that should never be subordinated to earthly political intrigue. 

      There was no black sacrament on Motierre but there was one on Astrid, the first disgraces the Night Mother the second doesn't.

      Though I agree with your last point, allowing the Thalmor to undo creation is not in the DB's interest I feel.

        Loading editor
    • Some118 wrote:
      well i consider the emporers request as a contract against mottiere.

      Which works for the Morag Tong, the DB are more than that.

      But mostly there was no black sacrament.

        Loading editor
    • 97.118.55.93 wrote:
      Monarchs get their dying wishes, especially when those wishes are curses against their mortal enemies. It's in the rules!

      I agree, but he said it before he was dying.

        Loading editor
    • 80.216.220.71 wrote:
      Some118 wrote:
      well i consider the emporers request as a contract against mottiere.
      Which works for the Morag Tong, the DB are more than that.

      But mostly there was no black sacrament.

      because the emporer made the request directly

        Loading editor
    • 97.118.55.93 wrote:
      Monarchs get their dying wishes, especially when those wishes are curses against their mortal enemies. It's in the rules! Let Amaund Motierre live? Please. 

      Besides, the DB isn't a mercenary hit squad offering up its services to the highest bidder. That's what Astrid had turned it into and that's why Astrid had to die. The Dark Brotherhood serves a higher calling, one that should never be subordinated to earthly political intrigue. 


      Or rich men begging for their rivals to be killed.  Killing Motierre shows the world that they can not trust the Dark Brotherhood.  The Night Mother leads you to Motierre to fill his contract.  Killling him is betraying not only him, but the Night mother as well.

        Loading editor
    • Well, I killed the Emperor because he was weak - he even seemed to agree that it would be best. Date with destiny and all that. I also killed Motierre - because powerhungry little traitors never do anyone any good. In the end my character cared about the good of Tamriel as such, not about what the Daedra want. The DB - there is only ever one Listener. As long as that Listener lives, nobody else can hear what the Nightmother says. If you get my drift...

      Basically, the DB serves a Daedra, the Thalmor worship the Daedra and are probably more in their favour. Better to have that one thing under my control than helping the Thalmor. Because even if you do the "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood" quest - Cicero survives. The Nightmother still exists. And so will the DB.

        Loading editor
    • DB be damned, why can't the Dragonborn lead an army of loyal nords and/or imperials to kick the Thalmor out of Power and keep them from destroying Nirn? They know if they Outlaw Talos worship that it weakens the world itself since Talos/Tiber Septim is Ysmir is Shor is Lorkhan which is Nirn itself. The Last DLC for Skyrim should have been rallying the desperate forces of men and kicking their evil butts out of power. Or better yet, powering up and using Talos' Giant Dwemer Golem and proclaiming yourself the new Emperor of Tamriel. THAT would have been an awesomefinale for Skyrim.

        Loading editor
    • 108.248.22.248 wrote:
      DB be damned, why can't the Dragonborn lead an army of loyal nords and/or imperials to kick the Thalmor out of Power and keep them from destroying Nirn? They know if they Outlaw Talos worship that it weakens the world itself since Talos/Tiber Septim is Ysmir is Shor is Lorkhan which is Nirn itself. The Last DLC for Skyrim should have been rallying the desperate forces of men and kicking their evil butts out of power. Or better yet, powering up and using Talos' Giant Dwemer Golem and proclaiming yourself the new Emperor of Tamriel. THAT would have been an awesomefinale for Skyrim.

      Bethesda said that Dragonborn would be last DLC for skyrim.

        Loading editor
    • The Night Mother wasn't destroyed even after "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood". So, Bethesda could put "the Listener killed Titus Mede II" on TES VI and it'd be ok

        Loading editor
    • XDEnd00 wrote:
      The Night Mother wasn't destroyed even after "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood". So, Bethesda could put "the Listener killed Titus Mede II" on TES VI and it'd be ok


      Absolutely.  Or simply "Mede was assassinated" because Montierre could have found another assassin.

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      XDEnd00 wrote:
      The Night Mother wasn't destroyed even after "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood". So, Bethesda could put "the Listener killed Titus Mede II" on TES VI and it'd be ok

      Absolutely.  Or simply "Mede was assassinated" because Montierre could have found another assassin.

      Yeah, but I would prefer mentioning the DB involvement. You know, if we have the DB in TES VI, then probably some member is going to mention it, the same way Astrid mentioned the killing of Pelagius the Mad.

        Loading editor
    • XDEnd00 wrote:
      Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      XDEnd00 wrote:
      The Night Mother wasn't destroyed even after "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood". So, Bethesda could put "the Listener killed Titus Mede II" on TES VI and it'd be ok

      Absolutely.  Or simply "Mede was assassinated" because Montierre could have found another assassin.
      Yeah, but I would prefer mentioning the DB involvement. You know, if we have the DB in TES VI, then probably some member is going to mention it, the same way Astrid mentioned the killing of Pelagius the Mad.

      but the player doesnt assassinate pelagius.

        Loading editor
    • Some118 wrote:
      XDEnd00 wrote:
      Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      XDEnd00 wrote:
      The Night Mother wasn't destroyed even after "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood". So, Bethesda could put "the Listener killed Titus Mede II" on TES VI and it'd be ok

      Absolutely.  Or simply "Mede was assassinated" because Montierre could have found another assassin.
      Yeah, but I would prefer mentioning the DB involvement. You know, if we have the DB in TES VI, then probably some member is going to mention it, the same way Astrid mentioned the killing of Pelagius the Mad.
      but the player doesnt assassinate pelagius.

      No, but Astrid says that  the DB have never assassinated an emperor since Pelagius, so he was killed by the DB

        Loading editor
    • XDEnd00 wrote:
      Some118 wrote:
      XDEnd00 wrote:
      Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      XDEnd00 wrote:
      The Night Mother wasn't destroyed even after "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood". So, Bethesda could put "the Listener killed Titus Mede II" on TES VI and it'd be ok

      Absolutely.  Or simply "Mede was assassinated" because Montierre could have found another assassin.
      Yeah, but I would prefer mentioning the DB involvement. You know, if we have the DB in TES VI, then probably some member is going to mention it, the same way Astrid mentioned the killing of Pelagius the Mad.
      but the player doesnt assassinate pelagius.
      No, but Astrid says that  the DB have never assassinated an emperor since Pelagius, so he was killed by the DB

      that much i know.

        Loading editor
    • Going back to the original post, killing the Dark Brotherhood hurts the Thalmor. Society functions alot better without having to worry about being assinated everytime someone gets pissed off at you and contacts the Dark Brotherhood for murder. They serve a deadra who just likes to see people killed they would be more than willing to help the Thalmor.

      I'm just glad that Bethesda gave a choice this time. I was infurieted by not being able to kill a single Dark Brotherhood member in Oblivion.

        Loading editor
    • 75.186.39.83 wrote:
      Going back to the original post, killing the Dark Brotherhood hurts the Thalmor. Society functions alot better without having to worry about being assinated everytime someone gets pissed off at you and contacts the Dark Brotherhood for murder. They serve a deadra who just likes to see people killed they would be more than willing to help the Thalmor.

      I'm just glad that Bethesda gave a choice this time. I was infurieted by not being able to kill a single Dark Brotherhood member in Oblivion.

      Sithis..  Is not a Deadra.  Sithis is a higher being, that created the Deadra

      Society functions a lot better when tyrants fall.

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      75.186.39.83 wrote:
      Going back to the original post, killing the Dark Brotherhood hurts the Thalmor. Society functions alot better without having to worry about being assinated everytime someone gets pissed off at you and contacts the Dark Brotherhood for murder. They serve a deadra who just likes to see people killed they would be more than willing to help the Thalmor.

      I'm just glad that Bethesda gave a choice this time. I was infurieted by not being able to kill a single Dark Brotherhood member in Oblivion.

      Sithis..  Is not a Deadra.  Sithis is a higher being, that created the Deadra

      Society functions a lot better when tyrants fall.

      sithis is everything and nothing at the same time, he is everything including nothing, he created nothing, and everything

        Loading editor
    • Gordon Freemer wrote:
      108.248.22.248 wrote:
      DB be damned, why can't the Dragonborn lead an army of loyal nords and/or imperials to kick the Thalmor out of Power and keep them from destroying Nirn? They know if they Outlaw Talos worship that it weakens the world itself since Talos/Tiber Septim is Ysmir is Shor is Lorkhan which is Nirn itself. The Last DLC for Skyrim should have been rallying the desperate forces of men and kicking their evil butts out of power. Or better yet, powering up and using Talos' Giant Dwemer Golem and proclaiming yourself the new Emperor of Tamriel. THAT would have been an awesomefinale for Skyrim.
      Bethesda said that Dragonborn would be last DLC for skyrim.

      I know, sadly, that Dragonborn is the last. I just felt that Bethesda could've given us the opportunity to tackle the problem of the Thalmor head on once the war was done. It feels like they rushed to get it done and then went to do ESO, which is a prequel. Now I may never get my chance to bring the might of the Thu'um to bear on those golden tyrants.

        Loading editor
    • 108.248.22.248 wrote:
      Gordon Freemer wrote:
      108.248.22.248 wrote:
      DB be damned, why can't the Dragonborn lead an army of loyal nords and/or imperials to kick the Thalmor out of Power and keep them from destroying Nirn? They know if they Outlaw Talos worship that it weakens the world itself since Talos/Tiber Septim is Ysmir is Shor is Lorkhan which is Nirn itself. The Last DLC for Skyrim should have been rallying the desperate forces of men and kicking their evil butts out of power. Or better yet, powering up and using Talos' Giant Dwemer Golem and proclaiming yourself the new Emperor of Tamriel. THAT would have been an awesomefinale for Skyrim.
      Bethesda said that Dragonborn would be last DLC for skyrim.
      I know, sadly, that Dragonborn is the last. I just felt that Bethesda could've given us the opportunity to tackle the problem of the Thalmor head on once the war was done. It feels like they rushed to get it done and then went to do ESO, which is a prequel. Now I may never get my chance to bring the might of the Thu'um to bear on those golden tyrants.

      The AD is being saved for a later TES game

        Loading editor
    • I doubt it, the main antagonists in the TES games are allways a powerfull entity or daedric princes. the damn Thalmor are just a bunch of nazis wannabe, in other words they are pathetic.

        Loading editor
    • 177.177.188.226 wrote:
      I doubt it, the main antagonists in the TES games are allways a powerfull entity or daedric princes. the damn Thalmor are just a bunch of nazis wannabe, in other words they are pathetic.

      Yeah, but they were powerful enough to beat the Empire.  They'd be a good enemy for a game to be built around; or at least a side quest

        Loading editor
    • You do have to do something concerning the Thalmor.

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      177.177.188.226 wrote:
      I doubt it, the main antagonists in the TES games are allways a powerfull entity or daedric princes. the damn Thalmor are just a bunch of nazis wannabe, in other words they are pathetic.
      Yeah, but they were powerful enough to beat the Empire.  They'd be a good enemy for a game to be built around; or at least a side quest

      The Thalmor are evil, but they are not the main antagonist (that would be Alduin duuuuh). They caused indescribable damage to Skyrim and tried to sow war, as well has having crappy personalities, but I'm sure they would be just as happy with Alduin's armageddon as the Blades would be (also questionable morals though). As far as I can tell there are only 2 groups that are chill with the end of the world: Greybeards and Dragons

        Loading editor
    • Thechosenone124 wrote:
      Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      177.177.188.226 wrote:
      I doubt it, the main antagonists in the TES games are allways a powerfull entity or daedric princes. the damn Thalmor are just a bunch of nazis wannabe, in other words they are pathetic.
      Yeah, but they were powerful enough to beat the Empire.  They'd be a good enemy for a game to be built around; or at least a side quest
      The Thalmor are evil, but they are not the main antagonist (that would be Alduin duuuuh). They caused indescribable damage to Skyrim and tried to sow war, as well has having crappy personalities, but I'm sure they would be just as happy with Alduin's armageddon as the Blades would be (also questionable morals though). As far as I can tell there are only 2 groups that are chill with the end of the world: Greybeards and Dragons

      besides bringing back the thalmor or shouting would be a boring and lazy idea, and also the thalmor base is located in valenwood i think, not summerset. being able to climb or steer horse drawn carriages, hell, even flying would be better than having  the same power as you did in the last game

        Loading editor
    • Some118 wrote:
      Thechosenone124 wrote:
      Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      177.177.188.226 wrote:
      I doubt it, the main antagonists in the TES games are allways a powerfull entity or daedric princes. the damn Thalmor are just a bunch of nazis wannabe, in other words they are pathetic.
      Yeah, but they were powerful enough to beat the Empire.  They'd be a good enemy for a game to be built around; or at least a side quest
      The Thalmor are evil, but they are not the main antagonist (that would be Alduin duuuuh). They caused indescribable damage to Skyrim and tried to sow war, as well has having crappy personalities, but I'm sure they would be just as happy with Alduin's armageddon as the Blades would be (also questionable morals though). As far as I can tell there are only 2 groups that are chill with the end of the world: Greybeards and Dragons
      besides bringing back the thalmor or shouting would be a boring and lazy idea, and also the thalmor base is located in valenwood i think, not summerset. being able to climb or steer horse drawn carriages, hell, even flying would be better than having  the same power as you did in the last game

      Nah, the Thalmor are based in Alinor, Summerset Isle. 

        Loading editor
    • Destroying the Dark Brotherhood is neither good nor bad for the Thalmor. It has no sway on the power they have, all it does is swap one Emperor for another. 

      In relation to what the Emperor would be as a threat to the Thalmor, Titus II may have, over time, garnered back Skyrim and Hammerfell so they could lead an assault on, or at least have a defense againt, the Thalmor. Removing him and putting in another Emperor that will overthrow the White-Gold Concordat straight away would just mean that the Empire would lead an assault on the Thamor sooner rather than later. 

      If the successive Emperor knows of what Mottiere did in removing Titus II, they may even call upon the Dark Brotherhood to assassinate high ranking Thalmor members, cutting off the proverbial head of the Dominion. 

        Loading editor
    • Incarnate Sable wrote:
      Destroying the Dark Brotherhood is neither good nor bad for the Thalmor. It has no sway on the power they have, all it does is swap one Emperor for another. 

      In relation to what the Emperor would be as a threat to the Thalmor, Titus II may have, over time, garnered back Skyrim and Hammerfell so they could lead an assault on, or at least have a defense againt, the Thalmor. Removing him and putting in another Emperor that will overthrow the White-Gold Concordat straight away would just mean that the Empire would lead an assault on the Thamor sooner rather than later. 

      If the successive Emperor knows of what Mottiere did in removing Titus II, they may even call upon the Dark Brotherhood to assassinate high ranking Thalmor members, cutting off the proverbial head of the Dominion. 

      The guards in Solitude won't shut up about the DB killing the Emperor.  "I know, I was there."

        Loading editor
    • it hinders the thalmor because your killing the emperor that agreed to work with the idiots and then they have to find someone else who wants to work with them because if they dont theres another damn war because it encourages the stormcloaks to kick ass (as per the usual) and the thalmor will either get smashed or will survive barely, but then the legion steps in in eventualy the fires of war turn the surface of Skyrim to glass. thus the thalmor have one less province that they can have a foothold in which reduces there chances somewhat of conquering the rest of tamriel. all this because you killed one man. i hope your proud of your self.

        Loading editor
    • 92.229.32.21 wrote:
      Well, I killed the Emperor because he was weak - he even seemed to agree that it would be best. Date with destiny and all that. I also killed Motierre - because powerhungry little traitors never do anyone any good. In the end my character cared about the good of Tamriel as such, not about what the Daedra want. The DB - there is only ever one Listener. As long as that Listener lives, nobody else can hear what the Nightmother says. If you get my drift...

      Basically, the DB serves a Daedra, the Thalmor worship the Daedra and are probably more in their favour. Better to have that one thing under my control than helping the Thalmor. Because even if you do the "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood" quest - Cicero survives. The Nightmother still exists. And so will the DB.

      Sithis isnt a daedra he is something "altogether different" I dont think anyone knows exactly what he is ( too manny conflicting theories i guess ) but it does state in-game that he is definitely not a daedra

        Loading editor
    • All those "Damn the Thalmor" people, just head to their headquarters in solitude and kill them all.

        Loading editor
    • 75.186.39.83 wrote: Going back to the original post, killing the Dark Brotherhood hurts the Thalmor. Society functions alot better without having to worry about being assinated everytime someone gets pissed off at you and contacts the Dark Brotherhood for murder. They serve a deadra who just likes to see people killed they would be more than willing to help the Thalmor.

      I'm just glad that Bethesda gave a choice this time. I was infurieted by not being able to kill a single Dark Brotherhood member in Oblivion.

      if your talking about sithis being a daedra than you are wrong sithis CREATED the daedra and is more powerful than them

        Loading editor
    • Sithis could be considered the source of all evil. The Daedra are narcissists and usually aren't great allies to mankind (ahem Clauvicus Vile) and her patrons are the Dark Brotherhood, whom the nicest thing you could say about is "source of political change". You guys think she'll be the final boss of the final elder scrolls game?

        Loading editor
    • Sorry is this has been mentioned before in this thread, it would take me half an hour to read all the replies so I pulled a TL;DR:

      I somewhat remember when I was early in the game (aka over 2 years ago) I attempted to kill/steal (can't remember) from the Anamamco (Don't remember his name completely) Thalmor guy at the College of Winterhold and he sent some Dark Brotherhood assassin to kill me, pretty sure the Thalmor have ties with them.

      I also killed Elenwen in a stunt of revenge.

        Loading editor
    • As with the reply up there (^) TL;DR those comments. Well not all of them...

      So I'll answer the original topic. Destroying the Dark Brotherhod would not benefit nor burden the Thalmor immediatly. However completeing the quest line for the DB can have a chance to hinder or help them.

      The hinderance would be getting a new, stronger Emperor to take over. This could be a major problem since this new Emperor (or even Empress) would have the power to rally the force of Tamriel and break the WGC, ultimately destroying the Thalmor with all that power, because seriously Altmer aren't the only great arcane power in Nirn. That would be the hinderance though.

      The help would probably be getting another pocket Emperor, except this one does it without needing to be paid or threatened. Thalmor having direct control over Tamriel would not be good.

        Loading editor
    • The Rim of the Sky wrote:
      Sorry is this has been mentioned before in this thread, it would take me half an hour to read all the replies so I pulled a TL;DR:

      I somewhat remember when I was early in the game (aka over 2 years ago) I attempted to kill/steal (can't remember) from the Anamamco (Don't remember his name completely) Thalmor guy at the College of Winterhold and he sent some Dark Brotherhood assassin to kill me, pretty sure the Thalmor have ties with them.

      I also killed Elenwen in a stunt of revenge.

      Everyone has connections to the dark brotherhood if they have cash

        Loading editor
    • Once I played through the DB questline once, I thought that The Night Mother was a pretty pointless charactr. She is essentially no different at all from Astrid, and her quests are lame except for the Emperor quest. It's just contact, murder, money, repeat. They didn't even bother giving names to the Night Mother's contacts or targets. With or without the Night Mother, they are pretty much a group of lowly cutthroats. Maybe if the Night Mother's tenents for the DB had some sense of morality or justice involved in picking the targets, things would'be be different.

      In short, I wish I wiped out the Dark Brotherhood from the beginning, and I was pretty pissed I couldn't kill Cicero for Boethia as he would've been the perfect target for such a sacrifice. 

        Loading editor
    • The Night Mother was sort of the god of the Brotherhood (second to Sithis ofc). In the DB's line of work, learning the name and background of a target is only useful if it aids in killing them, otherwise it causes useless sympathy for victims. Her oresence makes it far easier for the DB to get contracts, as many key contracts were or would have been missed without her. Maven Black-Briar's contract was never taken because she prevented rumors from spreading, and ofc the emperor's assassination required her

        Loading editor
    • Wait wait, reading some of the comments about the thalmor and mede is the empire was heavily decimated troop wise and to continue the war means the empire would completely fall. However since the empire doesn't preform "purges" (Malborn's family is a good example) to kill off potential soliders, in a generation they could muster up troops and fight the Aldemeri Dominion who seem bent on killing potential troops and alienating  non- Altmers.

      As for destroying the dark brotherhood helping them isn't exactly clear since you have no assassination attempts on Thalmor, and helping a corrupt politican kill an emperor who lore wise atleast was capable defeating the Aldemeri Dominion at the imperial city (while he may or maynot be wielding Goldbrand) would be more helpful to the Thalmor join the dark brotherhood since the Titus has atleast proven to be atleast an effective general though perhaps not the best negociator and who ever is to replace can be much worse or even would prefer the Thalmor's presence.

        Loading editor
    • The onlonly redeeming quality Mede hasis that before dying, he admits his faults and makes peace with himself.

        Loading editor
    • The little kid wants to be an assassins as well when he grows up (I mes the kid who wants Grelod dead) well I ill assassins

        Loading editor
    • Look, I don't understand how this isn't obvious, but keeping the DB from killing Titus Mede II does nothing but hurt the Thalmor. Titus Mede only signed the White Gold Concordant out of concern for his people who had been spilling their blood in a war they may very well lose. Would he have won the war if the had kept fighting? Possibly, but even if he did there would be hundreds if not thousands of casualties on both sides. So he is obviously not a bad leader by any means. Killing him would create a power vacuum and even if Montierre had someone lined up to take his place there would still be massive confusion that the Thalmor could use to attack.

        Loading editor
    • I seriously regret killing Mede II :( He was my Emperor and I betrayed him. I did what he had requested. I don't care if he didn't do the Black Sacrament, he was my Emperor and I wanted to honor him by doing what he wanted after killing him. So...I killed Motierre.

      The only reason I like the DB is Shadowmere. She's the only reason I do the DB quest line on any given character.

      I hate the Thalmor too, so any way to hurt them, I'll do it. If there were contracts on them, I'd do them instantly.

        Loading editor
    • The reason there are no quests on the Thalmor is because the Dark Brotherhood questline is 100% morally ambiguous or evil, because the game is forcing a tradeoff between sweet loot and retaining good guy status.

      In other words, joining that Dark Brotherhood is supposed to be the most evil thing you could possibly do in Skyrim, so evil that even the doorguard at Sovnguarde almost kicks you out (the only reason he wants to kick out the Thief's Guild leader s because you traded your soul) and you are the godamn Dragonborn.

      That means you never get to kill an evil person and receive a reward. You only get cash for killing nice people, random beggars, merchants etc. I'm pretty sure the only definitely evil persion you kill in the entire quest is Astrid, and that's not really a pleasant experience. 

        Loading editor
    • 99.105.83.169 wrote:
      ^he had no relation to the Imperial line, he took an army and captured the imperial city, that screams power hungry by monarchy standards. and Meed's poor diplomatic skills caused hammerfall and part of skyrim to turn against him. he would have had 2 strong nations at his back if he didnt outlaw Talos worship and give Redguard lands to the Thalmor. face it hes a horrible emperor compared to past ones.

      That was Titus Mede I goddamnit not Titus Mede II

        Loading editor
    • I really wish that Martin Septim or Talos returned from the heavens to rule again in Cyrodill and lead Tamriel into a new golden age, Titus Mede II is not a strong emperor but he is not terrible either, The Empire surely needs an replacement in order to destroy the Thalmor for good.

        Loading editor
    • Some118 wrote:
      Tesshu wrote:
      By Killing the Emperor Titus Mede II you help the damn Thalmor, on the contrary, if you destroy the DB you be making not only Skyrim a better place but all of Tamriel.
      well in all of tamriel their are people like nazeem or braith that just have to die.

      And yet, nobody pays you to kill Braith... Sad.  Next time I kill her, I ought to console in 3000 gold.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.