FANDOM


  • Which race generally do you think if physically stronger and more powerful. I think the nords are bigger and stronger while the orcs are tougher because is past tes games the nords have been the strongest  while orcs had more willpower and endurance. In skyrim nords are best with two handed weapons too which require strength.

      Loading editor
    • I agree with you.

      I think Nords have strength while Orcs have endurance.

        Loading editor
    • I'll put it this way, while there are many strong Nords, there are no weak Orcs.

        Loading editor
    • How do you know? There are always weak people in each race.

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      How do you know? There are always weak people in each race.

      There. Are. No. Weak. Orcs.

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:
      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      How do you know? There are always weak people in each race.
      There. Are. No. Weak. Orcs.

      Yes there are, they just get banished or die most oftenly. Orcs aren't human. They are a beast race and while Nords are very strong and hearty, I believe the best Nords could go toe to toe with Orcs and seeing how Nords outnumber Orcs I think Nords would win a war but Orcs are stronger I'd say. Just my two cents.

        Loading editor
    • Assassin'sArt wrote:
      Rukathesoldier wrote:
      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      How do you know? There are always weak people in each race.
      There. Are. No. Weak. Orcs.
      Yes there are, they just get banished or die most oftenly. Orcs aren't human. They are a beast race and while Nords are very strong and hearty, I believe the best Nords could go toe to toe with Orcs and seeing how Nords outnumber Orcs I think Nords would win a war but Orcs are stronger I'd say. Just my two cents.

      Orcs are not a beast race. They are Mer.

        Loading editor
    • That's debatable. They were once mer. No longer. I doubt any other elf judges them as such and any man would call them mer.

        Loading editor
    • Doesn't matter what the other elves think. They are the Orsimer. They are constantly listed as Mer.

      Just as the twisted Falmer are still Mer, the Orsimer are still Mer as well. Another way to prove it is by their blood. Septimus uses the combined blood of Falmer, Dunmer, Altmer, Bosmer, and Orsimer to trick the Dwarven mechanism into opening.

        Loading editor
    • Orcs are stronger and tougher.

        Loading editor
    • True. Okay I agree, they're mer.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with some of the people above, the orcs are more balanced defense and offense classic warrior build, while the nords could be more defensive but they are usually more low armor - high attack power style warriors.

        Loading editor
    • My Septims would be on a Nord although i would love to bet on the orc unless the orc could somehow prolonged the fight then the nord would win. Either way i would go to the arena to watch that.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with nord all out attack and orc being tank. The nord always seemed to be the stronger race in all of the games with the strength attribute.

        Loading editor
    • The orcs have usually seemed to be extra resielient andpraise toughness

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I don't see a Nord winning in a pure strength competition. I think of Orcs as Kull from the Inheritance cycle whereas the Nords are just strong humans. BTW got my laptop today... it's on.

        Loading editor
    • I fell like orcs are more bestial but pure strength like max bench press or something goes to the nords. mer are inherintly weaker even if they are corrputed mer its still in their blood

        Loading editor
    • In skyrim A nord can make almost everyting and everone run in fear, a nord can make a redguard or orc or any race run in fear ,, its obvious who ıs better warrior ... Besides I can kill Any orc or redguard during 30 sec fear so , ur berserk ıs useless when u re coward...

        Loading editor
    • Nord have brute strength and Orcs aren't as powerful as Nords but are resilient and can use destruction magic as well so you couldn't exactly say who would win in a fight but in a brawl Orc would win but in a fight with weapons and magic the Orc would have a ONLY A SLIGHT UPPER HAND so in 100 fights the Orc would win 52 times but they have more of a defensive side of fighting and they are bloody well good at it too considering it took 40 YEARS for a combined Redguard and Breton army to siege Orsinium but Skyrim has never ever been conquered but the ancient Nords did win it from the Snow Elves so thats something but it has Nords have never lost Skyrim and Tiber Septim didn't conquer Skyrim the Nords joined him because he was a Dragonborn and possibly a Nord himself but a Orcish army vs a Nordic army the Nords would crush the Orcs on the battlefield

        Loading editor
    • there are weak orcs such as lurbuk the bard in skyrim who nazir gives you a contract to kill there is no way he was strong

        Loading editor
    • just look at all the RPG's and Fantasy based games and Novels, orcs are always stronger then men. like someone said up top there are no weak orcs, they usually get ccast aside or die off

        Loading editor
    • even if the weak orcs got cast aside or killed off they still exist and they were not strong they were weak therefore they were some weak orcs

        Loading editor
    • Hjalti Ice-Eyes87 wrote:
      even if the weak orcs got cast aside or killed off they still exist and they were not strong they were weak therefore they were some weak orcs

      yes but those that are cast off can still probly cleave a man in two with ease

        Loading editor
    • JillKill87 wrote:
      Hjalti Ice-Eyes87 wrote:
      even if the weak orcs got cast aside or killed off they still exist and they were not strong they were weak therefore they were some weak orcs
      yes but those that are cast off can still probly cleave a man in two with ease

      not exactly since the gourmet can be killed by unrelenting force on expert level which no other npc can he is extremely weak and inflicts less damage than a mudcrap or skever

        Loading editor
    • I am sure that like all races, there are plenty of weak Orcs. However, the Orcs have an incredibly brutal lifestyle, which more often than not would weed out the weakest Orcs while they were still young.

        Loading editor
    • Dark Jeto wrote:
      I am sure that like all races, there are plenty of weak Orcs. However, the Orcs have an incredibly brutal lifestyle, which more often than not would weed out the weakest Orcs while they were still young.

      i agree it was just that many people were saying that there were no weak orcs at all and i was just trying to prove there were i wasnt saying that every orc is weak because eveyone knows the majority of the race are brutal warriors however there are some exceptions

        Loading editor
    • In response to the "no weak orcs" argument, I think the reason for this is the orc's placelessness. Let me explain. From their birth as a race, the Orsimer haven't had their own "country" (like Nords have Skyrim, etc). They've had to survive wherever they could set up strongholds. As a result, only the strong orcs survive while the weak die very quickly.

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:

      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      How do you know? There are always weak people in each race.

      There. Are. No. Weak. Orcs.

      Lurbuk disagrees.

        Loading editor
    • i think nords are better because there familiar with fighting dragons and bears etc. Orcs however dont. And orcs arent as famous as Nords

        Loading editor
    • Like Nords had Talos Ysgramor Ahzidal and all Dragon Priests. The Nords also faught against dragons alone without any help from any other race. Both Nord and Orc are deadly but its proven that if you organise Nords then they will be the best warriors of Tamriel

        Loading editor
    • 212.45.52.229 wrote:
      i think nords are better because there familiar with fighting dragons and bears etc. Orcs however dont. And orcs arent as famous as Nords

      Orcs are actually VERY well known for being notoriously hard to defeat, which is one of the reason they were invited to join the Daggerfall Covenant.

        Loading editor
    • Harold Burned-Mane wrote:

      Rukathesoldier wrote:

      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      How do you know? There are always weak people in each race.
      There. Are. No. Weak. Orcs.
      Lurbuk disagrees.


      Best.Response.Ever

      now to a more serious theme

      nords are weaker but are faster

      orcs are stonk but slow

        Loading editor
    • Hjalti Ice-Eyes87 wrote:
      JillKill87 wrote:
      Hjalti Ice-Eyes87 wrote:
      even if the weak orcs got cast aside or killed off they still exist and they were not strong they were weak therefore they were some weak orcs
      yes but those that are cast off can still probly cleave a man in two with ease
      not exactly since the gourmet can be killed by unrelenting force on expert level which no other npc can he is extremely weak and inflicts less damage than a mudcrap or skever

      i actualy dont fully think that is a fair comparison as that is mostly game mechanics. lore wise orks have been mentioning being able to tear poeple to pieces. now to add into game machanics if you do somehow provoke sanguine his damage dealing is fairly low yet we know story wise that he should be one hit kill. anyway as for my decisison i am not sure if it is the average nord and average ork i beleive the ork stronger in a contest of pure strength but that doesnt mean he hits harder. 

        Loading editor
    • 195.174.185.66 wrote:
      In skyrim A nord can make almost everyting and everone run in fear, a nord can make a redguard or orc or any race run in fear ,, its obvious who ıs better warrior ... Besides I can kill Any orc or redguard during 30 sec fear so , ur berserk ıs useless when u re coward...

      You realize releasing a battle cry has nothing to do with strength, right? Being a coward doesn't have anything to do with strength, either. A very strong man can be a scared of a weak man.

        Loading editor
    • 212.45.52.229 wrote:
      Like Nords had Talos Ysgramor Ahzidal and all Dragon Priests. The Nords also faught against dragons alone without any help from any other race. Both Nord and Orc are deadly but its proven that if you organise Nords then they will be the best warriors of Tamriel

      Ever heard of a race called Akaviri? They are a human race that scared the dragons in Akavir off into Skyrim.

        Loading editor
    • Well now in ESO the nord is physcially taller and larger, which should translate to more physical strength

        Loading editor
    • There are VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY few weak orcs, while weaker nords are rather common. And most weak orcs are just that way due to disease, so if they are cured/survive and are given time to recover, they won't be that way for long. Noone bests an Orc. NOONE!!!

        Loading editor
    • 24.5.17.67 wrote:
      Well now in ESO the nord is physcially taller and larger, which should translate to more physical strength

      you have to take into account how much of that is muscle mass, and how much of it is just fat or water or some other form of biological mass. I'd bet you that Orcs have a higher muscle mass, relative to their weight

      Also take into account the fact that ESO takes place in the late 2nd era, while ES5 takes place in the early 4th era. Over this period of time, minor evolution can occur, which could very well lead to the Orcs gaining strength. Keep in mind that in skyrim, Orcs are the second tallest race in the game, and are by far the most muscular. All in all, you're avarage orc would almost certainly beat you're avarage nord, but an elite nord warrior and an elite orc warrior would end up going at it for quite some time,

        Loading editor
    • Assassin'sArt wrote:
      That's debatable. They were once mer. No longer. I doubt any other elf judges them as such and any man would call them mer.

      Speaking strictly genetically, they are Mer. Socailly however, they more resemble beast races.

        Loading editor
    • MetalForTheWin wrote:
      195.174.185.66 wrote:
      In skyrim A nord can make almost everyting and everone run in fear, a nord can make a redguard or orc or any race run in fear ,, its obvious who ıs better warrior ... Besides I can kill Any orc or redguard during 30 sec fear...
      You realize releasing a battle cry has nothing to do with strength, right? Being a coward doesn't have anything to do with strength, either. A very strong man can be a scared of a weak man.

      Agreed. An Orc w/ berserker rage active could shred any other race within seconds, provided that they are close enough to them.

        Loading editor
    • Hyperbeing wrote:
      Hjalti Ice-Eyes87 wrote:
      JillKill87 wrote:
      Hjalti Ice-Eyes87 wrote:
      even if the weak orcs got cast aside or killed off they still exist and they were not strong they were weak therefore they were some weak orcs
      yes but those that are cast off can still probly cleave a man in two with ease
      not exactly since the gourmet can be killed by unrelenting force on expert level which no other npc can he is extremely weak and inflicts less damage than a mudcrap or skever
      i actualy dont fully think that is a fair comparison as that is mostly game mechanics. lore wise orks have been mentioning being able to tear poeple to pieces. now to add into game machanics if you do somehow provoke...

      Orc is spelled as O-R-C by the way, not as O-R-K. Got it? Good? Good! Moving on then!

        Loading editor
    • As I have previously argued, your avarage Orc would turn your avarage Nord into pulp w/in about 10 seconds. However, if you had a REALLY powerful Nord fight a REALLY powerful Orc, then it would be debatable as to who would win.

        Loading editor
    • 69.228.40.6 wrote:
      I'll put it this way, while there are many strong Nords, there are no weak Orcs.


      DeletedContent wrote: There are VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY few weak orcs, while weaker nords are rather common. And most weak orcs are just that way due to disease, so if they are cured/survive and are given time to recover, they won't be that way for long. Noone bests an Orc. NOONE!!!


      I agree with you both. It's like in real life how jocks are by default stronger than nerds. There can be strong nerds but there shouldn't be any weak jocks... It just wouldn't make sense if it didn't turn out like that.

        Loading editor
    • Opinion time: in most games I feel as though combat drags on, detracts from the story, reduces immersion, and is overcomplicated. That in mind when I went to play skyrim for the first time, I made an Orc thinking that I would be able to win battles by hitting the least number of buttons and progress the plot more efficiently. I just wore heavy armor and used a warhammer. Worked fairly well, most things died in one hit, and killing me must've been a fucking CHORE, especially with berserker rage. I'm thinking about playing through it again, but making some different choices and doing more side missions, but I liked how the combat was and was wondering if Orc was really the best choice for that or if Nord would be better. Thoughts/opinions, please?

        Loading editor
    • Zander10101 wrote:
      Opinion time: in most games I feel as though combat drags on, detracts from the story, reduces immersion, and is overcomplicated. (...) I'm thinking about playing through it again, but making some different choices and doing more side missions, but I liked how the combat was and was wondering if Orc was really the best choice for that or if Nord would be better. Thoughts/opinions, please?

      Depends on what you're going for, to be frank. I've played a similar character build myself, and I'll agree that Orc+Warhammer+Beserker is essentially the equivalent of going into settings and turning your difficulty to 'novice', except with a different menu.

      For 2-handed combat, Orcs and Nords tie pretty cleanly. Nice thing about Nords is that their 50% frost resistance comes in handy when you're fighting mages - frost damage in high amounts is the bane of any melee player, I'd say. Battle cry is (go figure) somewhat different than Beserker Rage. Beserker Rage essentially gives you a 30-second period of time where you need to make sure everything in the room with you dies as quickly as possible, or else you might have a bad time if you're still in combat while it wears off. On the other hand, the Nord Battle Cry more or less works like a panic button to bring combat to a full halt, and enemies are vulnerable so long as you can chase them down. In summary, where beserker is more focused in increasing how many kills you can make in a short period of time, Battle Cry is more about survivability and getting out of sticky situations.

      Along the lines of wanting to finish battles quickly: If you're going for flat-out damage output, a dual-wielding build will probably be a good bet. Problem with dual wielding is that it chomps through stamina faster than 2-handing, and it leaves you pretty vulnerable to anything that can't be stunlocked/outmanouvred with constant power-attack spam. As with most melee builds, mages that spam adept-level spells (casting ice storm 4 times in 6 seconds, anyone?) will be a headache unless you use shouts to get close.

      If you really want a change of pace, I'll definitely vouch for creating a highly stealth-oriented character and using that to go through the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines. If you want to give yourself an extra challenge, try to go full thief-mode and navigate bandit camps without killing anyone - obtain loot by pickpocketing and emptying chests while nobody's looking, etc. Fetch quests and many radiant quests such don't specifically demand that you kill anyone to finish the objectives, so it's quite possible to immerse yourself by being a strictly nonlethal thief - also you get to catch some funny scripted conversations and hidden dialogue bits between NPCs that you can't find while playing a more warrior-oriented build.

      I could mention experimenting with a mage build, but I've found playing mages slows down combat and draws it out for MUCH longer than it has to - a 10-minute battle for a beserker will end up taking you 15-18 minutes as a mage, as you'll be constantly pausing mid-combat to scroll through menus and decide on what spells are appropriate for the enemies you're fighting.


      Now in regards to the original post - lorewise, an average Orc warrior would likely overwhelm an average Nord warrior, but individual combat abilities hardly matter on battlefields where strategy and tactical advantages are the key to success. It's mentioned in the lore that while Orcs themselves are powerful, the 'Kingdom' of Orsinium is a fairly barren wasteland - constantly subjected to being razed and sacked by more organized outside armies.

        Loading editor
    • Found this INCREDIBLY helpful. I think I may do the stealth route, that sounds fun and quick. And while it may be totally counter intuitive, an orc thief may actually get an advangtage because berserker rage plus bow sneak attack perk would make for an awfully hard hit, although if I wanted to be totally non-lethal, I would make archery a last resort. As for a the battle-cry essentially resetting combat and letting you survive, it makes total sense, but i gotta say I never really came face to face with anything I couldnt kill in three hits, or surrounded by anything I couldn't kill on one hit. So as far as that special ability it doesn't seem that useful on a tank build. What you said about the mage build made perfect sense. Definitely not my taste. Though interestingly enough I met a guy who said he made a "steamroller" mage build that was only fire spell and max destruction magic, HP and Magicka, with light armor, and they would just equip the spell in both hands and kill every living thing in their way. Seemed to work pretty well, but I feel like a lone archer could fuck that guy up good. Again, thanks for the input.


      As to the overall post, one on one? Lore based? Orc emerges with Nord blood on his lips and the remains of the Nord throat in his teeth, but not without some dented armor. Actual game mechanics? Battle cry wins. End of story, mostly. Lore based, armies of each? Ehhhhh, quite a toss up really. Individual soldier strength has always been important, but numbers count for something too. If I had to I would say in a pitched battle, Nords win because they would probably outnumber the Orcs, and of the races of Tamriel, Orcs seem to know the least about the meaning of the word "teamwork" and fight as individuals, which falls to even basic regiment tactics, even if the regiment is made up of individually inferior soldiers. (See the reason the roman legion or greek phalanx worked so damn well.)

        Loading editor
    • I'd personally see the Orcs as better warriors due to their unquestioned skill in Blacksmithing, as well as their ability to enter a Berserk fury/trance, in battle. Extremely useful in turning the tides in a battle when the odds are not in your favour.

        Loading editor
    • also i have seen orc warriors fight nords all the time and due to the fact the orcs have better weapons,armor and magic they win 85% of the time

        Loading editor
    • Going solemnly off of lore, Orcs are stronger. Also adding the fact that orcs are quick to anger and have an undying lust for blood means that they become an unstoppable rampaging killer. Orcs also breed alphas, this means orcs will grow; stronger, taller, faster, etc. eventually overpowering the nord race. (Population size set aside.)

      Nords are still up there on the charts and still a personal favorite of mine, but fact are facts.

        Loading editor
    • 67.191.167.31 wrote:
      Going solemnly off of lore, Orcs are stronger. Also adding the fact that orcs are quick to anger and have an undying lust for blood means that they become an unstoppable rampaging killer. Orcs also breed alphas, this means orcs will grow; stronger, taller, faster, etc. eventually overpowering the nord race. (Population size set aside.)

      Nords are still up there on the charts and still a personal favorite of mine, but fact are facts.

      Orcs aren't blood thirsty unless they are vampires (then in that case, quite literally), or are in a state of Berserker Rage. Still, their sheer size, mass, and general physical build, combined with their aptitude for combat, and the fact that they are generally taught to fight from birth (regardless of gender), means that the avarage orc is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than the average nord. 

      Lets face it, if in real life, an average nord stood up to you (aka, a somewhat-buff midevil Swedish or Norwegian guy), you'd be somewhat intimidated. But if an Orc stood up to you... good luck mate (you'd have the sh!te scared out of you, am I right?).

        Loading editor
    • Well back when ES games still had attributes in addition to skill points, Nords always got higher strength stat boosts than Orcs did. It doesn't get more factual than actual numbers so to answer your question Nords are naturally stronger. But it can be argued that due to the Orcs' brutal lifestyle most weak orcs are killed off quickly so Orcs are on average stronger.

        Loading editor
    • Agreed.

        Loading editor
    • This isn't exactly related but I think the Dragon Break made Orcs smarter...in Arena and Daggerfall the Orcs were just goblins on steroids, they weren't a unified society or all that intelligent at all. But come Morrowind they were a playable race.

        Loading editor
    • I have found a way to see the difference between Nord and Orc physical strength. The way you do this is to gain friendly access to any orc stronghold. Then do something to have hired thugs come for you. When you see the hired thugs walking toward you, fast travel to a stronghold. When you get to the stronghold run from the thugs and get a good distance away, while still in the stronghold. Then shoot one with an arrow, and make the thugs hostile. Then watch the three thugs fully dressed in steel armor get owned by one or two orcs wearing hide or fur armor.

        Loading editor
    • I Would not say to trust too much of the bonus, since all races have the same limit in the game.

      In a real contest it seems we are onest, Orcs seem to be physically strongher Than the Human Nords even the female have a big muscles. If the  Berserker Mod is natural then a north then it csn not compete in phiaically strenght. another facts is that, Orcs. have a stronger bite thick cheekbones and largher Jaws, and of curse their large fangs a knives,and damnet i belive that a bite with Fangs is trully terrifing. 

      The oreover it should be noted thar Most of the Nords are not ferocious Warriors, like the orcs, and this makes it even more difficult for a North race confront an Orsimer, probabily the most powerfull North are comparable to the Orsimer.

        Loading editor
    • First of all I'm not sure all of that was english, second of all just because something looks scary doesn't mean it has substance. Hell Dremora look as scary as all fuck and yet they got slaughtered by the hundreds by the imperials of all people. The only truly impartial way to evaluate strength is to look at the actual statistics.

        Loading editor
    • The orcs would as a race win against a nord while as head to head it would be a little bit more matched but beserker rage would set that off and kill a nord in head to head but the reason if the had a war the nords would lose is because of this.To start off there are things that suggest nords would win, for one there are 2 times more nords than orcs , but orcs once again has beserker rage which doubles there effecenticy on like everything so that wouldnt matter. Now the main reason in my opinion in a large scale battle nords would lose is that nords are fair to there people. This might sound good for them at first but think about this, orcs are so rare and so opressed that the only way they can thrive is thru the oppression of there own people so if you as an orc are weak you are dead or alternativly sent out to the wilds to die by yourself so, as someone else mwntioned, theres alot of strong nords theres no weak orcs.

        Loading editor
    • Why can noone here speak propper English, DAMMIT!!!!

        Loading editor
    • DeletedContent wrote: Why can noone here speak propper English, DAMMIT!!!!

      • proper
        Loading editor
    • Ah, crap

      Okay but back to the topic at hand; if we're talking about maximum potential in the case of just sheer musclular strength, then orcs and nords would probably be about equal (maybe slight advantage to orcs). However, if you factor in durability and endurance, then its no competition: orcs beat nords hands-down. The thing about nords is that they are more light-armor users, not quite glass cannons maybe, but they take offense over defense. Orcs, meanwhile, are far better as tanks and heavy infantry than nords. Hell, just imagine a testudo formation of orcs, that'd be practically invincible. The only major edge nords have in tankiness is frost resistance, so they might be more effective against certain types of mages.

        Loading editor
    • Let's not forget the importance of both races in the Imperial Legion. As we know from the game, many Nords served as rank-and-file troopers in the Legions, and legionnaires from Skyrim helped the Empire survive the Great War. At the same time, however, it's explicitly stated that Orc soldiers (not disorganized warriors, remember, but real disciplined legionnaires) in heavy armor are some of the best troops the Legion can bring to bear- see the race description in Oblivion. Their skill as soldiers and the presence of Orc Legion officers, such as Optio Bologra, the drill sergeant in Gnisis, certainly indicates that they're more than capable of fighting in a disciplined manner, just as Legion Nords do. That, combined with the loosely-organized tactics of the Stormcloaks, would suggest that neither side has a monopoly on discipline.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry folks, that post mentioning Optio Bologra was me. I forgot to sign in to my account. Posting now so I'll get notifications if anyone responds.

        Loading editor
    • While I think that Orcs are stronger on average, the Stormcloaks are actually pretty organized. Thats not to say that they are well-equipped (weaker weapons, no heavy armor, and worse light armor just to name a few), they most certainy aren't, but they aren't a complete band of rabble. Sure they aren't nearly as well-organized as either the Thalmor or the Empire, but that's like compairing the Yankees to Little League

        Loading editor
    • Well i'd say Orcs are stronger since only the Chief has the right to have children, thus the children being strong by genes, Nord on the other hand don't practice the same behavior. I'd say Orc would win because better genes = more muscle mass, also they are trained since children to one day kill their won father and gain the tittle of chief.

        Loading editor
    • Are you serious when you say that selective breeding has any impact on the overall physical strength that a person can attain? That Orc Chiefs having wives is more a tradition than anything else. Strength is developed through strenuous training, not spoon fed to you at birth based on your parents own strength.

        Loading editor
    • Purrington wrote: Are you serious when you say that selective breeding has any impact on the overall physical strength that a person can attain? That Orc Chiefs having wives is more a tradition than anything else. Strength is developed through strenuous training, not spoon fed to you at birth based on your parents own strength.

      Orcs are not like the other races.

        Loading editor
    • I think that the case is that nords are that guy in a bar that he can knock anyone out with a signle violent blow and orcs are the guy that while not as strong in terms of unadulterated power as the nords can take more punishment then amyone else and wont lose all his energy and gas out in the 3rd round

        Loading editor
    • The nord is the unstoppable forces and the orc is the wall that cant be moved the results are based on experience ,skil,l ferocity, and luck

        Loading editor
    • Also orc nord babys are the best of both world and would probably make the best warriors ever i hope someone is listening ... BETHESDA

        Loading editor
    • orcs hands down there stronger more mucular more durable and more violant

        Loading editor
    • The Orcs are much taller and stronger than the Nords They are a beast race and they train in comabt from an early age. The Orcs berserker rage litteraly makes them invinsible. The Nords are strong too but when it comes to sheer strength the Orcs beat everyone.

        Loading editor
    • If it's an average orc vs an average nord, I'd give it to the orc, due to their sheer ferocity and rage. But if it's an experienced orc vs an experienced nord, my moneys on the nord. If the orc has won countless battles because of strength and tenacity and is able overpower most opponents, then all he has learned is that he is a strong SOB. But for a Nord to become a seasoned veteran, he most likely has fought opponents that were stronger and more tenacious, so it's likely he's learned to weather the storm and use skill over strength. A battle is won with great skill and a clear mind.

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:

      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      How do you know? There are always weak people in each race.
      There. Are. No. Weak. Orcs.

      I agree there is no weak orc.

        Loading editor
    • Christian ghostrunner wrote:

      Rukathesoldier wrote:

      AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      How do you know? There are always weak people in each race.
      There. Are. No. Weak. Orcs.

      I agree there is no weak orc.

      Wrong. All orcs are born from the same chieftan therefore all orcs are as strong as their chieftan. So when a weak orc uses subterfuge to kill the current chief and become the new ruler, all future orcs are as weak as he was.

        Loading editor
    • Simple answer: Orcs may seem brutal in battle but Nord's are known as the badass dragonslayers, as with Orcs, they are tribal and aren't as much of a developed race.

      Orcs may have shear muscle, but when you think of a true strong warrior, you think of a Nord.

        Loading editor
    • 64.231.159.114 wrote:
      Nord's are known as the badass dragonslayers, 


      I can't help but think of the part from the Skyrim parody: Ï'm a dragonslaying badass...and YOU are...the f**king lead skater in Alduin on ice lmfao

        Loading editor
    • 64.231.159.114 wrote:
      Nord's are known as the badass dragonslayers, 


      I can't help but think of the part from the Skyrim parody: Ï'm a dragonslaying badass...and YOU are...the f**king lead skater in Alduin on ice lmfao

        Loading editor
    • 64.231.159.114 wrote: Simple answer: Orcs may seem brutal in battle but Nord's are known as the badass dragonslayers, as with Orcs, they are tribal and aren't as much of a developed race.

      Orcs may have shear muscle, but when you think of a true strong warrior, you think of a Nord.

      The only people capable of slaying Dragons are known as Tongues. That doesn't encompass all Nords.

        Loading editor
    • Nords and Orcs get more brawn and muscles than any other races.

        Loading editor
    • Orcs would have the advantage due to berserker. Nords on the other hand have elemental resistance but nothing much otherwise

      )
        Loading editor
    • This would be yummy if you have SAM Vector Plexus OR SOS (like mine) installed to give Nord and Orc warriors muscles as cosmetic change. Be careful that it may be NSFW or suggestive!

        Loading editor
    • I find it interesting how a lot of people here seem to universally regard orcs as "backwards" or "savages". While that may indeed (at least partially) be true in the case of Tribal Orcs, there are plenty of orcs who live in cities and would definitely be considered "civilized" in terms of behavior. 

        Loading editor
    • Nords have had higher strength in all tes games, they are also taller in eso. They are stronger on average than orcs. I’d compare an orc to a defensive lineman like Vince wilfork and a nord to someone like Thor from game of thrones

        Loading editor
    • Berserker has downsides lol. In Oblivion, the game where choices like Race actually matter, Nords get 30% damage resistance for 1 minute, while Orcs get drain agility100 pts for 60 sec fortify strength 50pts for 60sec fortify fatigue 200 pts for 60 sec fortify health 20 pts for 60 sec.

      It seems Bethesda just gave Nords any useless ability in this game, but gave Orcs a good one because Orcs are inferior in every game. It makes sense that Berserk tires you out, because if you were to go crazy for a minute straight you would be exhausted after that. And it makes sense that Nords get damage resistance, because they have to endure the crippling coldness of Skyrim.

        Loading editor
    • We can't really talk in game, because in game you can turn a bosmer into a 2-handed dragon slaying heavy armor wearing tank.

      Nords are basically stronger humans, mostly because of their Atmoran ancestors (Think of it like Numenorieans) and it was the Atmorans who conquered the Snow elves and made the ancient Nordic empire not the modern Nords. Nords like many humans they are not all born warriors and have other plans for their future so you can't also count the numbers, for they will most likely be levies raised from farmers whose biggest threat that they fought on their own was a wolf if they are lucky. Whilst orc too have different plans and are moving away from the strongholds and the 4th Orsinium it is still to be warriors/bandits/mercenaries or soldiers. Thanks to this and the hardships they constantly endure infighting and Breton-Redguard armies (constantly attacking their cites the moment they make them), makes them a much more warrior like culture than the Nords that have lived in general peace most of the time.

      Conclusion strength: 1.Atmoran

                          2.Orc
                          3.Nord
      

      Conclusion duels/one on one: Orc warrior vs ancient Atmoran warrior- The Atmoran wins

                                  Orc warrior vs Nord warrior- Orc wins most of these encounters
      
        Loading editor
    • Barbaric nord you're actually wrong it took 2 full armys for the orcs too lose the nords have never had 2 armys try and take there cities so by that alone orcs are more powerful.

        Loading editor
    • Obviously Orc. Generally, most Orcs live their entire lives as warriors, miners, hunters, or blacksmiths. That doesn't even include their natural bonuses.

      Then there's the "Berserk/Berserker Rage" advantage; which allows them to easily do even more damage, and endure more punishment, than Orcs are normally capable of.

      Nords don't have that. And even in the [two] games where their base Strength score is a mere 5 points higher than Orcs, it's not exactly difficult for the latter to surpass it through choosing Strength as a Favored Attribute (depending on which of the two games we're talking about) or by Leveling (since per Level, Strength isn't quite as important as Endurance is for warrior-builds).

      Not to mention that, judging by a number of factors, there's no doubt that Orcs will be treated as the stronger race when we finally get to play TES6.

        Loading editor
    • ^That guy tries to falsely tout the Orcs as speedy.  Orcs are more known for strength & endurance, judging from the effect of their Berserker Rage alone.

      Every battle is conditional, but it's no doubt that the Orcs are the objectively stronger race on average.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.