FANDOM


  • I have had glitches where carlotta's stool is behind the blacksmith. Small and doesnt efect me so im not to worried, but the biggest glitch i have has made me absolutly gutted. I was at level 30 got cool quests and great wepons and now i have lost 10 levels of progress. I am back at at level 20 ages ago! Sure i have defeated alduin but at level 30 I had defeated dragon preists done a lot of collage quests and iv found all 3 totems of hircine and all down the drain. If anyone knows how to fix it please plaese help this could also help others in the same situation. I do have other characters but that one, ruby shes supposed to be me.

      Loading editor
    • Rubyredwolf wrote:
      I have had glitches where carlotta's stool is behind the blacksmith.

      She pooped behind the blacksmith? That's just gross.

        Loading editor
    • Frozenhero1 wrote:
      Rubyredwolf wrote:
      I have had glitches where carlotta's stool is behind the blacksmith.
      She pooped behind the blacksmith? That's just gross.
      ) more like she was just standing there and it looked as if she was leaning on her stool
        Loading editor
    • There was another glitch where i couldnt save anymore and had to rely on auto save but that could be because i was on saves over 1000 for the number. Should i delete some saves?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, that's a whole lot of saves.  What system do you play on?  Is there a chance you saved over that file by mistake?

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Yeah, that's a whole lot of saves.  What system do you play on?  Is there a chance you saved over that file by mistake?

      i play on the xbox and i didnt save over. I switched over to one one of my other characters, Izelda, and when i went to switch bacck the last save as ruby was level 20. I really hope theres a way to get my saves back, if there isn't i will retry to get back up there but i remember i died a lot within 20-30 it will be so hard so damn!

        Loading editor
    • Tough Luck. I don't know of any fixes, but the cause may or may not have been due to the amount of saves you had. Delete any unwanted saves often, which might also help with the game to stop freezing from time to time. Good Luck, I hope you find a fix. I got to Level 54, and decided to start a new character on a different profile. So I started a new game, and got bored quickly. So I decided to go back to my other profile. When I did and started the game, there wasn't a continue option, only a 'new', in the in-game menu. It turned out I hadn't switched account. :( I lost everything. I feel your pain. :(

        Loading editor
    • I will never understand why people on Xbox make a new save every time they save rather than overwritting the last one. That's probably why you're now at level 20 again.

        Loading editor
    • Incarnate Sable wrote:
      I will never understand why people on Xbox make a new save every time they save rather than overwritting the last one. That's probably why you're now at level 20 again.

      Glitches and mistakes.  I usually keep a dozen saves rotating, so if I made a mistake and took some time noticing it, I may be able to fix.  I also save before and as I go through caves, so if I die I can try to attack a different route.

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Incarnate Sable wrote:
      I will never understand why people on Xbox make a new save every time they save rather than overwritting the last one. That's probably why you're now at level 20 again.
      Glitches and mistakes.  I usually keep a dozen saves rotating, so if I made a mistake and took some time noticing it, I may be able to fix.  I also save before and as I go through caves, so if I die I can try to attack a different route.

      same but if save wasnt working for me so i had to rely on auto save so if i want to save i would have to wait a game hour to auto save. So annoying when ennemys r near by

        Loading editor
    • Jbracer1 wrote:
      Tough Luck. I don't know of any fixes, but the cause may or may not have been due to the amount of saves you had. Delete any unwanted saves often, which might also help with the game to stop freezing from time to time. Good Luck, I hope you find a fix. I got to Level 54, and decided to start a new character on a different profile. So I started a new game, and got bored quickly. So I decided to go back to my other profile. When I did and started the game, there wasn't a continue option, only a 'new', in the in-game menu. It turned out I hadn't switched account. :( I lost everything. I feel your pain. :(

      what do u mean hadn't switched acount?

        Loading editor
    • Wait, so did your character keep the progress through the world and jump back 10 levels? Or did your character just lose all that progress and the 10 levels? If so, then that's just poor save maintenance. If it was the first one, I've never heard of that happening in my life. Depending on how far you've gotten, you might want to start a new character? I'd start one regardless because who knows how far fetched this glitch might be.

        Loading editor
    • The reason may be that Skyrim for Xbox 360 places priority on autosaves occasionally, as in it'll  load an autosave first, you can sometimes fix this by saving immediately after an autosave.

        Loading editor
    • THE AMOUNT OF GLITCHES IN SKYRIM IS TOO DARN HIGH!

        Loading editor
    • Jeytalion wrote:
      THE AMOUNT OF GLITCHES IN SKYRIM IS TOO DARN HIGH!

      Why, yes.  Yes..  It is.

        Loading editor
    • Lol

        Loading editor
    • I thought it was that you couldnt kill Odahviin (Lol,get it?)

      Or that Delphine wont talk to you if you dont kill paarthy.

      Or that you cant marry serana (Lol)

        Loading editor
    • http://www.wattpad.com/3932209-50-random-ways-50-funny-and-awesome-comebacks-d

      THIS PLACE IS THE BEST FOR COMEBACKS OMG MUCH LOLZ COME FROM HERE

        Loading editor
    • Jeytalion wrote:
      http://www.wattpad.com/3932209-50-random-ways-50-funny-and-awesome-comebacks-d

      THIS PLACE IS THE BEST FOR COMEBACKS OMG MUCH LOLZ COME FROM HERE

      Ok, please stop talking in all caps.

        Loading editor
    • Srry :)

        Loading editor
    • once i glitched myself out of whiterun without a transition and whenever i came close to a location nearby it would disapear revealing a giant canyon. at least i got to loot the chest beneath the sky forge!

      i also had my main one (only lvl 12 but that was high for me) be in trasition forever, making it unplayable. skyrim y u so glitchey!

        Loading editor
    • 71.202.135.75 wrote:
      once i glitched myself out of whiterun without a transition and whenever i came close to a location nearby it would disapear revealing a giant canyon. at least i got to loot the chest beneath the sky forge!

      i also had my main one (only lvl 12 but that was high for me) be in trasition forever, making it unplayable. skyrim y u so glitchey!

      also when i went to the orc stronghold that is home to a daedric quest on my orcish dovahkiin it was barren and the gates were locked. had to be the coolest one!

        Loading editor
    • ok so i deleted most of my uneaded saves i only kept a few those were the last ones for my characters but if you have a few over a thousand saves then you wont be able to save unless you delete some old ones. thats what happened to me since i was only relying on auto saves and auto saves are automaticaly deleted so ten levels ago was the last time i succesfuly saved. if you are over a thousand then you can still save exept you it wont actualy have saved if that makes sence. like you can click the save button it will do that load thing but it wont actualy have saved.

        Loading editor
    • Cryomenace wrote:
      Wait, so did your character keep the progress through the world and jump back 10 levels? Or did your character just lose all that progress and the 10 levels? If so, then that's just poor save maintenance. If it was the first one, I've never heard of that happening in my life. Depending on how far you've gotten, you might want to start a new character? I'd start one regardless because who knows how far fetched this glitch might be.

      no i was playing as my character, Ruby, then switched to one of my others, Obliva, then when i switched back all the auto saves that i had been relying on were deleted so i was back at the last time where i was able to succesfuly save, 10 levels back. I guess thats not realy a glitch since if you check your saves list their are no auto saves in it unless they are recent. Auto saves are automaticaly deleted. Damn!

        Loading editor
    • Incarnate Sable wrote:
      I will never understand why people on Xbox make a new save every time they save rather than overwritting the last one. That's probably why you're now at level 20 again.

      The save number continues to go up even if you overwrite instead of creating a new one. I have only ever had a single character with a ingle save and it's Save 118 right now.

        Loading editor
    • 67.142.183.27 wrote:
      Incarnate Sable wrote:
      I will never understand why people on Xbox make a new save every time they save rather than overwritting the last one. That's probably why you're now at level 20 again.
      The save number continues to go up even if you overwrite instead of creating a new one. I have only ever had a single character with a ingle save and it's Save 118 right now.

      Iv got about 5 characters

        Loading editor
    • For that larger glitch, I think that you may have just deleted some save files on accident. It has happened to me when I clean up all the saved data on my PS3.

        Loading editor
    • 73.53.108.14 wrote:
      For that larger glitch, I think that you may have just deleted some save files on accident. It has happened to me when I clean up all the saved data on my PS3.

      nuh uh they were just gon i didnt delete them

        Loading editor
    • A few glitches are useful like I can Glitch-jump up a steep slope and that's pretty cool. And, also it is hailrious when my horse is jumping on top of firewood. (When I drop firewood near my horse it will tp up and down. Wierd!

        Loading editor
    • Reading through the replies I think everyones right; you must have accidentally saved over your save.

      Personally, if you had over a 1000 saves, I think thats a bit dumb (sorry, just being honest) because firstly it's a waste of space but also people land up having the same problem as you.

      I've only ever had 1 save and right now it's at about 1300 or so. It's just nice and neat.

      Anyways, sorry about your charecter :/

        Loading editor
    • ZeroPudding wrote:
      Reading through the replies I think everyones right; you must have accidentally saved over your save.

      Personally, if you had over a 1000 saves, I think thats a bit dumb (sorry, just being honest) because firstly it's a waste of space but also people land up having the same problem as you.

      I've only ever had 1 save and right now it's at about 1300 or so. It's just nice and neat.

      Anyways, sorry about your charecter :/

      yeah but I had a lot of characters and couldn't be bothered to sort throught them all and then I was relying on autosaves but I switched back to another character and then the autos got deleted, that is kinda my fualt.

        Loading editor
    • Always keep one save per character at most, if you really want smooth gameplay.

      I have only one account on Xbox, but i have 2 characters, each has 3 saves, everytime I save I overwrite the oldest for that particular character. I always manual save after a game session, as Auto is very unreliable (and failed me a few times before)

      If you make new saves everytime, opening the save menu can crash the game and the saves might screw up.

      If you wanna level up fast there's always power grinding. Although it's boring, do it then RP, it is more beneficial than complaining about losing levels and doing nothing (I had the same issues before, forgot to save, I just power levelled back.)

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.