FANDOM


  • At the end of the FC quest when i go to talk to the Eltrys a legate asks me if i want to the join the legion after i finish the dialogue the markarth city guards dont do anything even when i interact with them. I play on PC. If u know a fix pls HELP!

      Loading editor
    • I have the exact same problem on xbox 360. Eltrys is dead (and he had like 800+ gold on him, which was nice), but that's it. You can't go any further in the quest. I reloaded and tried it like 10 different ways, but nothing worked.

        Loading editor
    • i'm  playiing it on the ps3 and there are 2 guards but not three, and the dont talk to me. So i just stand there, and can't go any further in the guest. 

        Loading editor
    • Same goes for me... I tried to kill them all but when I do, no one is outsider.

        Loading editor
    • Same here on ps3, there is one normal guard and a legion officer and they just have normal dialouge while Eltrys is dead on the shrine. His quest marker is also where it would be if he were standing against the pillar, not above him.

        Loading editor
    • I had the same bug so I went back to an earlier save file and started before the part about getting evidence from Marget and Nepos.  This time I just visited Nepos and then retunred to the shrine without going for the evidence for Margret and Thonar.  I guess just getting the evidence from one of the two is enough, because this enabled me to proceed to "Nobody Escapes" as normal.

        Loading editor
    • Same on PS3. I think it may be caused by order of questionings or maybe bounty or something? No idea. 

        Loading editor
    • I am having an issue completing this quest as once I get to the guards  I get arrested and go to jail and then once in jail an Orc starts a fight with me.  That is not the problem- the problem lies with the fact that I cannot fight back in any form.  Does anyone else have this issue or know a way to fix this?

        Loading editor
    • 70.197.171.183 wrote:
      I am having an issue completing this quest as once I get to the guards  I get arrested and go to jail and then once in jail an Orc starts a fight with me.  That is not the problem- the problem lies with the fact that I cannot fight back in any form.  Does anyone else have this issue or know a way to fix this?

      There are some commands (or mods, I don't remember exactly) which allow you to choose what you can do and what you can't, like using weapons.

        Loading editor
    • I can't advance in the quest possibly because I am a Legata of the Empire after beating Ulfric so the Legate doesn't want to arrest me. At least there are console commands to get me onwards.

        Loading editor
    • People who are having the problem that the screen freezes when the guard wants to take you to jail: You will have to go back to your home in Whiterun, dump all your stuff in one of your chest (except for the quast items). And get back to the Shrine. This time it wont freeze. (Make sure you dont even have clothes on).

        Loading editor
    • I have gathered all the evidence. When I go to the shrine there are two guards and the Legate standing there. I approach and he draws his sword and tells me "you should not be here". I try to talk to him and he will put up his sword but wil not start a conversation. If I don't talk to him I get attacked like I am in a house/business after hours. No matter how many guards I kill when I go to jail my only options are work it off or break out. I can leave the shrine and the Legate will leave as well but then the two guards will not talk to me either.

      I am really tired of carrying around these stupid books (as quest items I cannot put them down any place) but cannot get to the next stage either.

        Loading editor
    • Leaving everythingh at whiterun worked for the screen freeze. I thought it may have been a joke. Teach me to be sceptical, lol. :) Thank you. 

        Loading editor
    • I have same problem, there is 2 guards and legate.  When i go in, legate walks out. PS3

        Loading editor
    • 173.73.21.231 wrote:
      Same here on ps3, there is one normal guard and a legion officer and they just have normal dialouge while Eltrys is dead on the shrine. His quest marker is also where it would be if he were standing against the pillar, not above him.

      Exactly the same happened to me (PC), also the quest mark. I enter the shrine and two guards stand by the columns, at both sides of Eltrys' body, from whom I could successfully take the money. But that's it. The first time I enter I am offerred to join the legion and then the captain leaves, but the two guards remain in silence. If I interact, they say "You should not be here." No Dragonborn blaming, not any other dialogue. Quite an annoying bug, not allowing one to move on.

        Loading editor
    • 77.227.100.108 wrote:
      173.73.21.231 wrote:
      Same here on ps3, there is one normal guard and a legion officer and they just have normal dialouge while Eltrys is dead on the shrine. His quest marker is also where it would be if he were standing against the pillar, not above him.
      Exactly the same happened to me (PC), also the quest mark. I enter the shrine and two guards stand by the columns, at both sides of Eltrys' body, from whom I could successfully take the money. But that's it. The first time I enter I am offerred to join the legion and then the captain leaves, but the two guards remain in silence. If I interact, they say "You should not be here." No Dragonborn blaming, not any other dialogue. Quite an annoying bug, not allowing one to move on.

      Same thing happened to me.

        Loading editor
    • Basically, the scripting means only the Markath guards have a dialogue for the quest. This means that if they are stormcloak soldiers or legion soldiers, the quest might break. Same for blood on the ice.

        Loading editor
    • You just have to wait 24 hours, that's what I did and it triggered the next sequence

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message