FANDOM


  • I am a novice in TES lore, so I made this thread for loremasters to post everything they know about extinct/ancient races such as the Dwemer, Chimer, Snow Elves/Falmer and Aylieds.  Class is in session, and I am your student.

      Loading editor
    • I know a bit about the Falmer...

      When the Atmorans, or Nords, arrived in Mereth, or ancient Skyrim, from Atmora, there was peace between them. The Snow Elves saw how fast the Nords were thriving, so they planned an attack on the ancient city Saarthal. Almost all were killed, but a man named Ysgramor and his two sons Yngol and Ylgar survived. They sailed back to Atmora, and told of the murderous elves. Ysgramor gathered up an army, named the Five Hundred Companions, to sail to Skyrim and drive the Snow Elves.  They succeded in taking back Saarthal, and the longest recorded war in the history of Tamriel commenced. After a long war, the last battle came. The Battle of the Moesring was ended when the Snow Prince, the most well respected Falmer, was killed by Finna, a 12 year old girl who saw her mother get killed by the Snow Prince. Finna threw her mother's sword at him, and it got lodged in his chest, killing him. After, all other Falmer either ran, or were killed by warriors.


      After, the Falmer went to the Dwemer for help. The Dwemer said they would help them, but instead fed the Falmer a toxic fungi that blinded them and they were enslaved. A theory from a book in Skyrim states that the Falmer agreed to eating the fungi, but they just de-evolved through time. They still roam Dwemer ruins from when they were still alive.

      There are 2 remaining Falmer left in the Dawnguard DLC. Knight-Paladin Gelebor, and Arch-Curate Vyrthur. Vythur attacks you, but Gelebor cannot be attacked.

      That's pretty much all that I can say. I didn't delve into some misc. things about it, but this is a general overview. Take into account that I'm 11, also.

        Loading editor
    • That's impressive for one so young.  Keep up the good work!

        Loading editor
    • Xtremedue covered the Falmer rather well. As for the others;


      The Dwemer were a race of Elves who lived most notably in Morrowind, which they named Dwemereth, but others clans also dwelled in areas in both Skyrim and Hammerfell. They were considered quite a technologically progressive race, and were not zealous about the gods as other races are. However, that is not to say they did not appreciate magic or the divine. There is a thin divide between magic and science in the Aurbis (the top mages are their closest equivalents to physicists, really, discerning how the Aurbis works) and their research into the natural order instigated by the Earthbones, for exampled, allowed them to create their ageless metal. As quite common amongst Elves, the Dwemer were not really content with their mortal existance, and strived to return to a primordial, Dawn state at the first interplay of Padomay and Anu. They attempted this reversal of subgradiency using their understanding of Tonal Architecture and the Heart of Lorkhan (the Missing God) to create the devestating, brass golem called the 'Numidium'. The Final Report to Trebonius outlines how the Dwemer attempted to bind their souls to the Numidium, as one stage of this plan, and many think their souls formed the Divine Skin of the Brass Tower. However, nothing is concretely proven as to what happened to the Dwemer after their disappearance at Red Mountain.


      As for the Chimer, they split from the Aldmer in Alinor and followed the teachings of the Three Good Daedra (Azura, Boethiah and Mephala) turning their backs on the reverence of the Aedra. The followed the Prophet Veloth to Dwemereth, later named Resdayn (their name for the land) and then Morrowind, which was largely inhabited by the Dwemer, who they had conflicts with over the territory. The two did briefly unite against a Nordic invasion, cultminating in the First Council allying the Chimer, led by Nerevar, and the Dwarves, led by Dumac. The two appeared to get along well, but after reports of what the Dwemer were doing with the Heart in Red Mountain, the two warred in the War of the First Council. The Chimer were cursed by Azura after the battle (due to the murder of Nerevar by his friends, though accounts vary) causing them to become the dark skinned, red eyed Dunmer.

      The Ayleids were the Hearland Elves who inhabited Cyrodiil, notably worshipping and forming pacts with the Daedra. Early Tamriel was rather dominated by Mer, and thus in Cyrodiil the human Nedes were held in slavery by the Ayleids. The construction of the White Gold Tower was instigated by them, and for the Tower's stone, Chim-el Adabal (The Amulet of Kings). Of course, later, in the First Era, the Ayleids were overthrown by a human slave uprising, led by St Alessia, supported by Pelinal and Morihaus (in particular) in addition to their Nordic allies in the North. While the Ayleid domination of Cyrod had been broken, some of them (likely those who had sided with Alessia) were able to retain some power. However, the rise of the Alessian Order, who were an incredibly anti-Mer organisation led by Marukh (of whom, the Marukhati Selectives instigated the Middle Dawn through the 'creation', for lack of a better word, of Akatosh, as we know him, from Auri-El), led to the final diminishing of Ayleids, many of whom subsequently fled to Valenwood, and others to High Rock, before the last Ayleid Kingdom (Nenalata) likey fell some time 1E 400-500.


      There are more to each of these races than I have written which you make like to explore, such as the Ayleid figure 'Umaril' from Knights of the Nine, as I have written a brief bit about the rest of the races. I hope it is of use to you. 

        Loading editor
    • This helped tremendously!  Also, I've heard the Maeromer (forgive the botched spelling) referenced but have no clue what they are/were other than they were a race of mer.

        Loading editor
    • The Maormer? I recall that they are a bit more mysterious. I think ESO has revealed much more about them than previously known. I think it would be of use to research some books about them (I will link some later if you want), but I think this is a rather apt overview (bear in mind some of the Maormer texts to involve varying degrees of propaganda. In this case, the Aldmeris bit is twisted a little):

      'It was once believed that the Maormer of Pyandonea were originally exiles from the Summerset Isles, but while it is likely they came from similar Aldmeri ancestors, they certainly did not come from Summerset. Translations of tapestries in the Crystal Tower tell the tale of a far older separation. The Maormer likely differentiated from the ancient Aldmer not in Summerset, but in their original homeland of Aldmeris.


      Orgnum, their leader and self-styled "King," according to the legend was a phenomenally wealthy Aldmeri nobleman, who used his fortune to finance a rebellion against the powers of the land. He and his followers were banished for this to a place separated from Aldmeris by an impenetrable mist, Pyandonea, "The Mist-Veiled Isles." This exile proved so effective that the followers of Orgnum never again disturbed their former countrymen. The new Aldmeri homeland of Summerset, however, was not so lucky.


      For much of Summerset's history, the Maormer have launched attacks against their cousins of Old Ehlnofey. Every one of these battles has been led by Orgnum himself, who it seems is not only immortal but grows more youthful by the century. No historian, to the knowledge of the staff of the Imperial Geographic Society, has counted the number of wars and strategems employed against Summerset, but somehow each has proved, no matter how ingenious, an ultimate failure.


      One attack in particular is worthy of mention as it gives us our only glimpse into the actual landscape of Pyandonea. In the year 2E 486, a small Maormeri fleet was sighted off the coast of Alinor, and King Hidellith ordered his navy to give chase. The navy followed the ships through uncharted waters, into an ambush near Pyandonea itself. Most of the Altmeri navy was destroyed, but a single warship returned to Summerset to describe the land as a "sea jungle." Massive plateaus spilling over with vegetation form mazes around valleys of ocean. Waving tendrils of kelp trap all but the Maormer's own ships, and provide a well-camouflaged home for the sea serpents that are Orgnum's guards and occasional mounts. Mist storms spill over the land, further disorienting one's views. That even one ship survived the visit is a testament to the maritime genius of the Altmer.'

      - The Maormer of Pyandonea

      The part about the snakes, in particular, play a role in ESO. Anyway, anyone feel free to point out any errors I have incurred, if I have done so, I wouldn't want to perpetuate false information. Besides, I hope you feel encouraged to read around a bit on the matter (to see for yourself), but feel free to ask any questions here again if there is anything you do not understand something. 

        Loading editor
    • Ah, I forgot. I believe that book only details events up to ESO. Afterwards, in the Third Era, the Maormer did participate in the War of the Isle, in which they were defeated by the combined forces of the Summerset Isles, the Empire and the Psjics. After the devestating defeat, however, little is known of the Maormer's activities. 

        Loading editor
    • Everyone else here seems to have cleared things up for you.

      I'll just say that most of the Races listed here are not actually extinct (and leave the rest of the research up to you):

      - Falmer (Still plenty of them left, including Gelebor, hiding in undiscovered regions of Skyrim such as the "Forgotten Vale"...and the rest of them are now the deformed "Betrayed")

      - Lilmothiit (Only thought to be extinct as a result of the spread of the Knahaten Flu; Could very well be hiding in other parts of Tamriel, away from the rest of civilization)

      - Maormer (Unknown. They have all retreated back to Pyandonea, but nothing has been heard from them since.  It IS however rumored that the Thalmor of the Dominion had arranged for an alliance with them)

      - Sload (Definitely not known; Their home continent of Thras has sunken beneath the ocean...but that doesn't confirm them as "extinct")

      - Dwemer (Not entirely extinct, if Yagrum Bagarn is still alive.  He is encountered as an NPC in TESIII: Morrowind.  There's also Radac Stungnthumz, but he's a ghost now)

      - Ayleid (There is a distinct possibility that some remain in Valenwood, as many had migrated there after the Ayleid Empire fell.  Some Ayleids were royalty & members of Valenwood's Camoran Dynasty...such as Mankar Camoran)

        Loading editor
    • I think it is important to remember that the Sload, while a cautious race, have had some famous dark-arts practitioners, such as N'Gasta the necromancer, and were responsible for the Thrassian Plague. The subsequent Tamrielic response, however, was in the form of the All-Flags Navy (a boon to Colovia) which devestated Thras, in return. The notes of the King of Anvil at the time, Bendu Olo, are often referred to when dealing with the Sload, but I suppose there could be the possibility of bias. 

        Loading editor
    • From what little I know of the Sload, it seems they have perfected the art of necromancy.  Is this even true?

        Loading editor
    • TheMindOfMadness wrote:
      From what little I know of the Sload, it seems they have perfected the art of necromancy.  Is this even true?

      From what any of us can claim to know so far (and as seen in TESA: Redguard with N'Gasta), the Sload were very much accomplished Necromancers indeed.

        Loading editor
    • What happened to the left handed elves?

        Loading editor
    • The who?

        Loading editor
    • The Lefthanded Elves, a race of Elves that inhabited Yokuda.

      @Twig, they are presumed extint since Yokuda sank into the sea, as none Lefthanded Elves were said to have escaped the continent. It has also been stated that they could have gone extinct before the disaster since they were at war with the Yokudans (Redguards) and lost.

        Loading editor
    • I'm also curious about the so-called "Bird-Men of Cyrodiil."

        Loading editor
    • TheMindOfMadness wrote:
      I'm also curious about the so-called "Bird-Men of Cyrodiil."

      Yep, those Bird-Men whom the Ayleids apparently "adopted" the use of feather-adornments from. :P

      (Or possibly killed them for their feathers)

        Loading editor
    • Ifnsman wrote:
      Everyone else here seems to have cleared things up for you.

      I'll just say that most of the Races listed here are not actually extinct (and leave the rest of the research up to you):

      - Falmer (Still plenty of them left, including Gelebor, hiding in undiscovered regions of Skyrim such as the "Forgotten Vale"...and the rest of them are now the deformed "Betrayed")

      - Lilmothiit (Only thought to be extinct as a result of the spread of the Knahaten Flu; Could very well be hiding in other parts of Tamriel, away from the rest of civilization)

      - Maormer (Unknown. They have all retreated back to Pyandonea, but nothing has been heard from them since.  It IS however rumored that the Thalmor of the Dominion had arranged for an alliance with them)

      - Sload (Definitely not known; Their home continent of Thras has sunken beneath the ocean...but that doesn't confirm them as "extinct")

      - Dwemer (Not entirely extinct, if Yagrum Bagarn is still alive.  He is encountered as an NPC in TESIII: Morrowind.  There's also Radac Stungnthumz, but he's a ghost now)

      - Ayleid (There is a distinct possibility that some remain in Valenwood, as many had migrated there after the Ayleid Empire fell.  Some Ayleids were royalty & members of Valenwood's Camoran Dynasty...such as Mankar Camoran)

      For Sload, pretty much all the information can be found on N'Gasta's wiki page.

        Loading editor
    • The Kothringi were a race of humans from Black Marsh, who were wiped out the "Kanahaten Flu". In addition, Maormer were never extinct, they live on the Continet of Pyandonea in cities and whatnot. 

        Loading editor
    • Nede where the proto-humans that migrated to Skyrim from atmora due to the continent slowly freezing the first colonies and expeditions by humans of Tamriel where the Nede searching for lands to settle. the most famous was the companions first leader Ysgramor he settled Saarthall and led the retaliation against the night of tears, where the destruction of the snow elves began, they then settled Skyrim the borders expanded through continental Morrowind, various islands of the narrow sea, highrock, hammerfell and northern Cyrodiil, in Cyrodiil the proto-imperials and Nede fought against the wild elves destroying their civilization. the Nede also fought continuously with the dwarves and chimer/dunmer

        Loading editor
    • Theguildrecruit wrote:
      Nede where the proto-humans that migrated to Skyrim from atmora due to the continent slowly freezing the first colonies and expeditions by humans of Tamriel where the Nede searching for lands to settle. the most famous was the companions first leader Ysgramor he settled Saarthall and led the retaliation against the night of tears, where the destruction of the snow elves began, they then settled Skyrim the borders expanded through continental Morrowind, various islands of the narrow sea, highrock, hammerfell and northern Cyrodiil, in Cyrodiil the proto-imperials and Nede fought against the wild elves destroying their civilization. the Nede also fought continuously with the dwarves and chimer/dunmer

      Actually it was the Atmorans, but the generation after Ysgramor were the Nedes.

        Loading editor
    • Ah I didva general history but true

        Loading editor
    • I indeed do know quite a bit of Elder Scrolls lore on the Chimer. This is my first post on any threat existing on any wikia, and I thought I'd start here. The first person on this thread to mention and elabourate on the Chimer made a few mistakes, and here I shall correct them.

      The Chimer are the ancestors of the Dunmer, or as some call the "Dark Elves." These Chimer originally lived in the Aldmer homeland of the Summerset Isles, however this had changed when the Chimer people and their Aldmeri relatives had a dispute involving the Gods they worshiped. This is because the Aldmer worshipped the Aedra, most commonly refered to as the Divines, where-as the Chimer formed their religous pantheon out of the Daedric Princes. These disputes caused the Chimer, led by the prophet Veloth, to migrate to the land known as Resdayn (now known as Morrowind.)

      The Chimer were suprised to be confronted by the Dwemer, or the Dwarves, who had inhabitted the land of Morrowind before them. These Dwemer mocked and taunted the Chimer for their belief of the Daedra, due to the Dwemer prefering their religion of Gods of logic and knowledge. These events led to a conflict between the Dwemer and the Chimer.

      The Dwemer believed they could harness immortality by unlocking the power of the Aedric artifact named the Heart of Lorkhan within the Red Mountain in Vvardenfell. This began the final battle of the Chimer - Dwemer war. In the midst of the final battle, the Dwemer completely vanished from the face of Nirn (except for one, who was in another plane at the time. Many theories have been made to explain this, but none can be proven entirely.)

      After the battle, Sotha Sil, one of the advisors of the Nerevar, attempted to harness the powers of the Heart and succeeded, gaining godhood. He offered his counterparts, Almalexia and Vivec, to receive the power he had extracted. They both accepted and together they formed what is known as the Tribunal, and threw away the Daedra. Outraged, Azura cursed the Chimer and turned their skin grey and their eyes red. They were then on known as the Dunmer, or Dark Elves. The only ones who were unaffected were the Tribunal.

      The Tribunal ended when Vivec gave the Neveraline plans which initially ended the godhood of the Tribunal. Almalexia turned on Sotha Sil and murdered him, and turned insane. Almalexia tried to kill the Neveraline in TES 3 - Morrowind, and Almalexia ends up being killed by him, leaving the last Chimer and the last member of the Tribunal as Vivec, who did not care for his divine powers.

      The fate of Vivec was unknown, as he disappeared during the Third - Fourth Era. He is the last known Chimer to date, and the last of the Tribunal. The Tribunal was then replaced by Azura, Mephala and Boethiah.

      I wrote this all by myself. I hope this proves useful to you. May Azura guide you.

        Loading editor
    • AlmightyMehrune wrote:
      I indeed do know quite a bit of Elder Scrolls lore on the Chimer. This is my first post on any threat existing on any wikia, and I thought I'd start here. The first person on this thread to mention and elabourate on the Chimer made a few mistakes, and here I shall correct them.

      The Chimer are the ancestors of the Dunmer, or as some call the "Dark Elves." These Chimer originally lived in the Aldmer homeland of the Summerset Isles, however this had changed when the Chimer people and their Aldmeri relatives had a dispute involving the Gods they worshiped. This is because the Aldmer worshipped the Aedra, most commonly refered to as the Divines, where-as the Chimer formed their religous pantheon out of the Daedric Princes. These disputes caused the Chimer, led by the prophet Veloth, to migrate to the land known as Resdayn (now known as Morrowind.)

      The Chimer were suprised to be confronted by the Dwemer, or the Dwarves, who had inhabitted the land of Morrowind before them. These Dwemer mocked and taunted the Chimer for their belief of the Daedra, due to the Dwemer prefering their religion of Gods of logic and knowledge. These events led to a conflict between the Dwemer and the Chimer.

      The Dwemer believed they could harness immortality by unlocking the power of the Aedric artifact named the Heart of Lorkhan within the Red Mountain in Vvardenfell. This began the final battle of the Chimer - Dwemer war. In the midst of the final battle, the Dwemer completely vanished from the face of Nirn (except for one, who was in another plane at the time. Many theories have been made to explain this, but none can be proven entirely.)

      After the battle, Sotha Sil, one of the advisors of the Nerevar, attempted to harness the powers of the Heart and succeeded, gaining godhood. He offered his counterparts, Almalexia and Vivec, to receive the power he had extracted. They both accepted and together they formed what is known as the Tribunal, and threw away the Daedra. Outraged, Azura cursed the Chimer and turned their skin grey and their eyes red. They were then on known as the Dunmer, or Dark Elves. The only ones who were unaffected were the Tribunal.

      The Tribunal ended when Vivec gave the Neveraline plans which initially ended the godhood of the Tribunal. Almalexia turned on Sotha Sil and murdered him, and turned insane. Almalexia tried to kill the Neveraline in TES 3 - Morrowind, and Almalexia ends up being killed by him, leaving the last Chimer and the last member of the Tribunal as Vivec, who did not care for his divine powers.

      The fate of Vivec was unknown, as he disappeared during the Third - Fourth Era. He is the last known Chimer to date, and the last of the Tribunal. The Tribunal was then replaced by Azura, Mephala and Boethiah.

      I wrote this all by myself. I hope this proves useful to you. May Azura guide you.

      I've edited the wiki page for Chimer a couple times, a while ago I made a section for the last of the Chimer.

        Loading editor
    • The Rim of the Sky wrote:

      AlmightyMehrune wrote:
      I indeed do know quite a bit of Elder Scrolls lore on the Chimer. This is my first post on any threat existing on any wikia, and I thought I'd start here. The first person on this thread to mention and elabourate on the Chimer made a few mistakes, and here I shall correct them.

      The Chimer are the ancestors of the Dunmer, or as some call the "Dark Elves." These Chimer originally lived in the Aldmer homeland of the Summerset Isles, however this had changed when the Chimer people and their Aldmeri relatives had a dispute involving the Gods they worshiped. This is because the Aldmer worshipped the Aedra, most commonly refered to as the Divines, where-as the Chimer formed their religous pantheon out of the Daedric Princes. These disputes caused the Chimer, led by the prophet Veloth, to migrate to the land known as Resdayn (now known as Morrowind.)

      The Chimer were suprised to be confronted by the Dwemer, or the Dwarves, who had inhabitted the land of Morrowind before them. These Dwemer mocked and taunted the Chimer for their belief of the Daedra, due to the Dwemer prefering their religion of Gods of logic and knowledge. These events led to a conflict between the Dwemer and the Chimer.

      The Dwemer believed they could harness immortality by unlocking the power of the Aedric artifact named the Heart of Lorkhan within the Red Mountain in Vvardenfell. This began the final battle of the Chimer - Dwemer war. In the midst of the final battle, the Dwemer completely vanished from the face of Nirn (except for one, who was in another plane at the time. Many theories have been made to explain this, but none can be proven entirely.)

      After the battle, Sotha Sil, one of the advisors of the Nerevar, attempted to harness the powers of the Heart and succeeded, gaining godhood. He offered his counterparts, Almalexia and Vivec, to receive the power he had extracted. They both accepted and together they formed what is known as the Tribunal, and threw away the Daedra. Outraged, Azura cursed the Chimer and turned their skin grey and their eyes red. They were then on known as the Dunmer, or Dark Elves. The only ones who were unaffected were the Tribunal.

      The Tribunal ended when Vivec gave the Neveraline plans which initially ended the godhood of the Tribunal. Almalexia turned on Sotha Sil and murdered him, and turned insane. Almalexia tried to kill the Neveraline in TES 3 - Morrowind, and Almalexia ends up being killed by him, leaving the last Chimer and the last member of the Tribunal as Vivec, who did not care for his divine powers.

      The fate of Vivec was unknown, as he disappeared during the Third - Fourth Era. He is the last known Chimer to date, and the last of the Tribunal. The Tribunal was then replaced by Azura, Mephala and Boethiah.

      I wrote this all by myself. I hope this proves useful to you. May Azura guide you.

      I've edited the wiki page for Chimer a couple times, a while ago I made a section for the last of the Chimer.

      Then your knowledge on Tamrielic Lore must be exemplary.

        Loading editor
    • The Falmer seen in Skyrim have the same blood as the ancient Falmer, so they aren't exinct. 

      Nords aren't Atmorans, so Atmorans are exinct. 

      Nedes are exinct, as they bred into other races.

      The Alyeids withdrew from the world, whether they are exinct or not is unknown, but they likely bred into Cyrodilics throughout the years. 

      The Aldmer are exinct, simply because they changed into the modern races of Mer today. 

      I don't really consider Chimer that different from Dunmer, so I wouldn't say they are exinct either, but as with the Falmer, that's really just semantics on my part. 

        Loading editor
    • old falmer devolved into falmer, but they are still living snow elf/ves if Ac is true so your half right

        Loading editor
    • What I said was I really don't think the Falmer of Second Era are that differnt from the Falmer of today. Bloodwise, they're still exactly the same. 

        Loading editor
    • they mutated slightly from the shrooms what then was poisoning turned into a genetic effect

        Loading editor
    • Br3admax wrote:
      The Falmer seen in Skyrim have the same blood as the ancient Falmer, so they aren't exinct. 

      Nords aren't Atmorans, so Atmorans are exinct. 

      Nedes are exinct, as they bred into other races.

      The Alyeids withdrew from the world, whether they are exinct or not is unknown, but they likely bred into Cyrodilics throughout the years. 

      The Aldmer are exinct, simply because they changed into the modern races of Mer today. 

      I don't really consider Chimer that different from Dunmer, so I wouldn't say they are exinct either, but as with the Falmer, that's really just semantics on my part. 

      The Falmer are much more twisted and devolved then the Snow Elves, but Gelebor isn't dead so they aren't extinct

      Nords are the descendants of Atmorans, so they're evolved Atmorans

      Imperials are the descendants of Nedes, so they're evolved Nedes

      The only known Ayleid survivor is Laloriaran Dynar and he might not be alive anymore

      The Aldmer died out with Vanus Galerion

      Vivec is the last Chimer but he isn't known to be dead or alive

        Loading editor
    • The Nords less Atmoran than the Falmer are Snow Elves, because as I said, they don't have the same blood as them. 

      Same with Cyrodilics, who aren't even a race by the way because half of them are pretty much Nords. 

      No one knows what happened to the Alyeids. 

      I already said the Aldmer are exinct, if you're trying to argue they didn't become the other elven races, I'm not going to bother. 

      Vivec wasn't even completely Chimer, so if you're going to include him, might as well include all Dunmer and say the Chimer aren't exinct. 

        Loading editor
    • Br3admax wrote: The Nords less Atmoran than the Falmer are Snow Elves, because as I said, they don't have the same blood as them. 

      Same with Cyrodilics, who aren't even a race by the way because half of them are pretty much Nords. 

      No one knows what happened to the Alyeids. 

      I already said the Aldmer are exinct, if you're trying to argue they didn't become the other elven races, I'm not going to bother. 

      Vivec wasn't even completely Chimer, so if you're going to include him, might as well include all Dunmer and say the Chimer aren't exinct. 

      Vivec was indeed Half Chimer and Half Dunmer, but he still counts as one of the Chimer race. Please do not bother arguing your point on this.

        Loading editor
    • Br3admax wrote:
      The Nords less Atmoran than the Falmer are Snow Elves, because as I said, they don't have the same blood as them. 

      Same with Cyrodilics, who aren't even a race by the way because half of them are pretty much Nords. 

      No one knows what happened to the Alyeids. 

      I already said the Aldmer are exinct, if you're trying to argue they didn't become the other elven races, I'm not going to bother. 

      Vivec wasn't even completely Chimer, so if you're going to include him, might as well include all Dunmer and say the Chimer aren't exinct. 

      Falmer and Snow Elves are completely different, blood doesn't matter there.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah it does, because it's still able to be used by Septimus. If it had changed, it would have no longer worked as the Dwemer and the Elder Scroll designed it. "Evolved" or "Devolved" whatever you prefer, they're still Falmer. Nords aren't Atmorans, and Cyrodilics aren't Nedes.

      AlmightyMehrune wrote:

      Vivec was indeed Half Chimer and Half Dunmer, but he still counts as one of the Chimer race. Please do not bother arguing your point on this.

      Nope. If he's Chimer, so is every other Dunmer, because literally the only difference is skin and eye color. Almalexia was Chimer. Sotha Sil was Chimer. Vivec chose to be Dunmer, and even in game indentifies as Dunmer. Nitpick all you want, but Vivec's opinion matter much more to me than yours. 

        Loading editor
    • Br3admax wrote: Yeah it does, because it's still able to be used by Septimus. If it had changed, it would have no longer worked as the Dwemer and the Elder Scroll designed it. "Evolved" or "Devolved" whatever you prefer, they're still Falmer. Nords aren't Atmorans, and Cyrodilics aren't Nedes.

      AlmightyMehrune wrote:

      Vivec was indeed Half Chimer and Half Dunmer, but he still counts as one of the Chimer race. Please do not bother arguing your point on this.

      Nope. If he's Chimer, so is every other Dunmer, because literally the only difference is skin and eye color. Almalexia was Chimer. Sotha Sil was Chimer. Vivec chose to be Dunmer, and even in game indentifies as Dunmer. Nitpick all you want, but Vivec's opinion matter much more to me than yours. 

      Can you please tell me where it actually says that Vivec is a full Dunmer? Just because Vivec has half the appearance of a Chimer and Dunmer, it doesn't mean he is only a Dumner. That's like saying that he is a Chimer and not a Dunmer. So either you classify him of a race of his own, or he is both Dunmer and Chimer. So please, don't make a bigger fool of yourself.

      Cheers.

        Loading editor
    • Lulz, such internet wit. Did you read the part where I said Vivec called himself a Dunmer? I didn't call him one, he called himself one. Vivec is neither really, being a god and all, and even when the Heart was released he still retained some of his divinity. Of course you may have glossed over the part where I said all Dunmer are really still just Chimer in my eyes, but of course that wouldn't allow you to express that keen wit of yours. Calm down and step back from the keyboard. 

        Loading editor
    • Br3admax wrote: Lulz, such internet wit. Did you read the part where I said Vivec called himself a Dunmer? I didn't call him one, he called himself one. Vivec is neither really, being a god and all, and even when the Heart was released he still retained some of his divinity. Of course you may have glossed over the part where I said all Dunmer are really still just Chimer in my eyes, but of course that wouldn't allow you to express that keen wit of yours. Calm down and step back from the keyboard. 

      Note to self: Do mot talk to people who forms opinions and puts it in as evidence as well as use a character's opinion on a matter even though it is not a fact.

        Loading editor
    • AlmightyMehrune wrote:

      Br3admax wrote: Yeah it does, because it's still able to be used by Septimus. If it had changed, it would have no longer worked as the Dwemer and the Elder Scroll designed it. "Evolved" or "Devolved" whatever you prefer, they're still Falmer. Nords aren't Atmorans, and Cyrodilics aren't Nedes.


      AlmightyMehrune wrote:

      Vivec was indeed Half Chimer and Half Dunmer, but he still counts as one of the Chimer race. Please do not bother arguing your point on this.

      Nope. If he's Chimer, so is every other Dunmer, because literally the only difference is skin and eye color. Almalexia was Chimer. Sotha Sil was Chimer. Vivec chose to be Dunmer, and even in game indentifies as Dunmer. Nitpick all you want, but Vivec's opinion matter much more to me than yours. 
      Can you please tell me where it actually says that Vivec is a full Dunmer? Just because Vivec has half the appearance of a Chimer and Dunmer, it doesn't mean he is only a Dumner. That's like saying that he is a Chimer and not a Dunmer. So either you classify him of a race of his own, or he is both Dunmer and Chimer. So please, don't make a bigger fool of yourself.

      Cheers.

      Vivec is a hybrid, leave it at that. If there was a horse and zebra hybrid and all horses went extinct, the hybrid would still be considered the last survivor.

        Loading editor
    • 75.158.151.173 wrote:
      AlmightyMehrune wrote:

      Br3admax wrote: Yeah it does, because it's still able to be used by Septimus. If it had changed, it would have no longer worked as the Dwemer and the Elder Scroll designed it. "Evolved" or "Devolved" whatever you prefer, they're still Falmer. Nords aren't Atmorans, and Cyrodilics aren't Nedes.


      AlmightyMehrune wrote:

      Vivec was indeed Half Chimer and Half Dunmer, but he still counts as one of the Chimer race. Please do not bother arguing your point on this.

      Nope. If he's Chimer, so is every other Dunmer, because literally the only difference is skin and eye color. Almalexia was Chimer. Sotha Sil was Chimer. Vivec chose to be Dunmer, and even in game indentifies as Dunmer. Nitpick all you want, but Vivec's opinion matter much more to me than yours. 
      Can you please tell me where it actually says that Vivec is a full Dunmer? Just because Vivec has half the appearance of a Chimer and Dunmer, it doesn't mean he is only a Dumner. That's like saying that he is a Chimer and not a Dunmer. So either you classify him of a race of his own, or he is both Dunmer and Chimer. So please, don't make a bigger fool of yourself.

      Cheers.

      Vivec is a hybrid, leave it at that. If there was a horse and zebra hybrid and all horses went extinct, the hybrid would still be considered the last survivor.

      I wrote that, wasn't logged in for some reason

        Loading editor
    • Twigman55
      Twigman55 removed this reply because:
      Someone posted the same thing.
      01:37, August 25, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Can somebody please tell me what the othe name for the cchimer is ...(EXexample, dunmer, dark elves, dwemer, deep elves. )

        Loading editor
    • 207.167.254.87 wrote:
      Can somebody please tell me what the othe name for the cchimer is ...(EXexample, dunmer, dark elves, dwemer, deep elves. )

      Original ones, old ones, ancient ones, pure ones, etc.

        Loading editor
    • Why would they be called original, or pure ones if there was no dark elves, there would be no reason to call them that, it is like calling humans would turn into aliens so people today would be called pure ones, even tho nobody knew anyhing would happen. Basically I'm asking what they were called before the curse.

        Loading editor
    • 207.167.254.87 wrote:
      Why would they be called original, or pure ones if there was no dark elves, there would be no reason to call them that, it is like calling humans would turn into aliens so people today would be called pure ones, even tho nobody knew anyhing would happen. Basically I'm asking what they were called before the curse.

      You seem to forget that even when they were Chimer there were other races of elves like the Dwemer. 

        Loading editor
    • 207.167.254.87 wrote:
      Why would they be called original, or pure ones if there was no dark elves, there would be no reason to call them that, it is like calling humans would turn into aliens so people today would be called pure ones, even tho nobody knew anyhing would happen. Basically I'm asking what they were called before the curse.

      It's the Dunmer before they were cursed essentially, it's what they once were.

        Loading editor
    • 207.167.254.87 wrote: Why would they be called original, or pure ones if there was no dark elves, there would be no reason to call them that, it is like calling humans would turn into aliens so people today would be called pure ones, even tho nobody knew anyhing would happen. Basically I'm asking what they were called before the curse.

      According to the book The Changed Ones, said name refers to the cultural changes of the race after embracing the Three Good Daedra and departing from the Summerset Isles, as opposed to the physical transformation caused by Azura.

        Loading editor
    • I think I'l just call them snow elves, but thanks anyways... btw, the deep elves are dwemer, right?

        Loading editor
    • I guess I'll just call them snow elves, btw the Deep Elves are the dwemer, right?

        Loading editor
    • People say the chimer were all changed but I was under the impression that they still exist on Cathnoquey. 

        Loading editor
    • Large numbers of the races in Black Marsh (except the argonians) were killed by the Knahaten Flu, and the Kothringi and Lilmothiit were wiped out.

        Loading editor
    • Wow this has been going on for a while now hasn't it... Well I'll just give it a proper end then

      Vivec is a half Chimer, not 2 Chimer - Therefor the Chimer are extinct until he (if he's alive) finds a way to regain is pure Chimeri blood and pass it on to descendants.

      Now here's the deal; The Nedic is a group for general cultures and tribes of men that inhabited Tamriel (Probably descendants of Renegade Ehnlofey). So modern Bretons are men who EVOLVED from generations of interbreeding of Nedes and sometimes elves (most likely Aldmer or Ayleid), while modern Imperials are descendants of Nibenese Nedes and the early Nords.

      Early Nords? Yes, well... Atmora is a continent, so those hailing from Atmora are??? Atmorans.

      If you have both parents from Europe but you were born in America, you may have European heritage, but you are American. Same goes for Red Guards, who came from Yokuda as they were, no curse, no interbreeding (heavily). My point is:

      Aldmer of Aldmeris, Yokudans of Yokuda and Atmorans of Atmora aren't extinct if High Elves, Red Guards and Nords are not.

      PS: Old Falmer can be considered extinct like Chimer, having the same name of a race doesn't make it the same.

        Loading editor
    • @AlmightyMehrune There is also a possible branch of the main questline in TES3 that allows you to kill Vivec, due to the lack of invincible quest-related npcs. So, like which side won Skyrim's civil war, the fate of Vivec is really up to player preference.

        Loading editor
    • Hold on fellas... We didn't even talk about the Akavariens their enslaved human race,or the other three races they are at a constant war with(basically khajetes monkey people and snow demons). My question is if it's true some of their continents khajites turned into dragons does that make them a different species altogether? Also aren't the dragon priests still technically alive therefor the ancient humans never really died out? Sorry for bad spelling (I'm new to the lore too)

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.