FANDOM


  • Should I keep Erandur or the Skull of Corruption?

    Thanks

      Loading editor
    • Skull, erandur gets "killed" too often and you could get another follower with better skills

        Loading editor
    • At first I picked Erandur then made him a follower... After an hour of having Erandur I was so annoyed with my decision I resorted to reloading a save just to get the Skull of Corruption instead and killed freaking Erandur.... Lol

      Looking at several favorite follower threads Erandur is one of the least mentioned ones... Barely mentioned at all IMO. Kill him. :p

        Loading editor
    • The only time i killed Erandur for the Skull of Corruption was on a character made just to get the Oblivion Walker trophy, and then the staff just got chucked in a cupboard.

      The staff does good damage if you keep it charged but its a bit disappointing as previous versions made a corrupted clone of npc's.

        Loading editor
    • Erandur is an average follower, and the staff is not that useful either (its damage might be good early but quickly gets outclassed by anything with decent upgrades, and it's buggy for some people). Do collect the staff for an achievment or if you just like collecting things.

        Loading editor
    • i gave up on the staff after the oblivion walker achievement. Honestly, this is the most underwhelming daedric quest i've played that i remember, we have near to no interaction with Vaermina therefore i don't get even a little tempted to obtain the skull and Erandur is a pretty chill dude. Not to mention compared to the previous Skulls, this one's just lame.

      If you've already gotten oblivion walker then I'd say story-wise it's best to let Erandur live, unless you like to collect unique things that badly.

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight wrote:
      The only time i killed Erandur for the Skull of Corruption was on a character made just to get the Oblivion Walker trophy, and then the staff just got chucked in a cupboard.

      The staff does good damage if you keep it charged but its a bit disappointing as previous versions made a corrupted clone of npc's.

      I agree that the staff is pretty bland in comparison. Why did TES remove the best feature of the staff on the last game for this game? You could have gotten unique items by doing the same thing you did in oblivion. 

        Loading editor
    • I wonder if this staff for skyrim was going to have a massively larger connection to dream states, especially in Morthal, and to do with the Vaermina's Torpor ingredients that were cut from the final game.

        Loading editor
    • I never really find any use for the Skull of Corruption, so I always keep Erandur around.

        Loading editor
    • the skull is useless compared to half if not most of the other staffs in the game, and I don't use followers because they get in the way too much, so I choose the staff because it looks cool on the wall of my house.

        Loading editor
    • I mean, if you want a charge for the Ebony Blade or are racist against the Dunmer, pick the Skull.

      If you want to have a friend, pick Erandur.

        Loading editor
    • I kept it once for trophies but I don't think Erandur deserve death. Plus that staff sucks and I'm not a big staff/magic user so ...

        Loading editor
    • I killed him, took the staff, used console commands to resurrect him , and then made home a follower using AFT Tweak options , Win Win 😎😎

        Loading editor
    • Here's how roleplay is dead lol

        Loading editor
    • Erandur is not much different thn many other mage follower. The mages aren't DPS dealers. I've said this on probably 100 other YT comments:

      If you want to keep your mage follower alive then take away their melee weapon. Mages come in two types: low mana and high mana. Both are designed to use up magic then switch to physical weapons. Mage followers with low mana will get into melee more often because they run out of quickly. Give them a bow and arrows. Once they run out of mana they will resort to attacking from long-range. You can also give them the staves you collect while adventuring (along with the bow and arrows). Once depleted you can simply sell them. As with all the mage followers you'll want to focus on Fortify Health and Magic, Magic Resistance, and Recharge Health and Magic. You ESPECIALLY want to have your mage followers avoid hand-to-hand combat with Draugrs or Forsworn. I give my mage followers the Zephyr and all the spare arrows I come across while fighting.


      Erandur is priest/cleric and his stats and powers reflect how he is supposed to work... sorta. If any complaint it should be that he does not actually do his job of healing. He was not a chatty-patty and had some interesting backstory at least. If you like playing Dress-up Barbie then you should know he wears one of the cheapest robes in the game by default. You can replace his gear with just about anything worth 5 septims or better without having to resort to reverse pickpocketing. I brought Katria along as extra muscle since I already knew he was not going to be cranking out much damage. The staff is meh. Once you have played with them both you will pick Erandur each time. At the very least he will make a decent sacrifice to Boethiah.

        Loading editor
    • the only staff(s) i use in skyrim are miraak's staff because of its poison stagger effect. and the skull of corruption. both work well FOR me because i mainly use daggers such as mehrunes razor or blade of woe.  gives me something to deal damage with besides my dagger

        Loading editor
    • Shadohz wrote:
      Erandur is not much different thn many other mage follower. The mages aren't DPS dealers. I've said this on probably 100 other YT comments:

      If you want to keep your mage follower alive then take away their melee weapon. Mages come in two types: low mana and high mana. Both are designed to use up magic then switch to physical weapons. Mage followers with low mana will get into melee more often because they run out of quickly. Give them a bow and arrows. Once they run out of mana they will resort to attacking from long-range. You can also give them the staves you collect while adventuring (along with the bow and arrows). Once depleted you can simply sell them. As with all the mage followers you'll want to focus on Fortify Health and Magic, Magic Resistance, and Recharge Health and Magic. You ESPECIALLY want to have your mage followers avoid hand-to-hand combat with Draugrs or Forsworn. I give my mage followers the Zephyr and all the spare arrows I come across while fighting.


      Erandur is priest/cleric and his stats and powers reflect how he is supposed to work... sorta. If any complaint it should be that he does not actually do his job of healing. He was not a chatty-patty and had some interesting backstory at least. If you like playing Dress-up Barbie then you should know he wears one of the cheapest robes in the game by default. You can replace his gear with just about anything worth 5 septims or better without having to resort to reverse pickpocketing. I brought Katria along as extra muscle since I already knew he was not going to be cranking out much damage. The staff is meh. Once you have played with them both you will pick Erandur each time. At the very least he will make a decent sacrifice to Boethiah.



      I'm not sure why you would put that many words in ONE question about ether having the skull of corruption or getting Erandur.





        Loading editor
    • 73.254.225.200 wrote:

      I'm not sure why you would put that many words in ONE question about ether having the skull of corruption or getting Erandur.

      You question my writing a detailed response by quoting my entire comment? Troll-la-la-la. Get a life. Seriously.

        Loading editor
    • keep Erandur, he's a nice collectible. And then take him to the Shrine of Boethia.

        Loading editor
    • I always decide based on my roleplaying.

      Let's say I'm playing a Daedra worshipping, poison using, illusion abusing, dagger wielding, vampire conjuration assassin mage. I will always kill the priest of Mara who threatens my Daedric Masters and my devious deeds. I will do the same if I am roleplaying a person who will try to use the Princes for my own gain.

      However if, like now, I am roleplaying a Paladin, Priest or morally good character I will destroy the skull and make Erandur a steward at one of my houses, maybe Dawnstar so he can be near his home.

      The Skull of Vaermina is almost as bad as Sanguine's Staff and you should only ever display it or use it for roleplaying.

      Usually I would use a modded or funnier follower like Marcurio, Rayya, Teldryn Sero or Jzargo even for a Paladin or Priest, Erandur is not the first choice as the Dawnguard dlc adds many stronger, more likeable evil hunters, some with better back stories.

        Loading editor
    • Most followers are unnecessary and actually impede me but I keep them for their companionship and personalities. Especially modded followers like Inigo and Sofia or Recorder. Other female followers can be more appealing but I don't play Skyrim for that alone.

        Loading editor
    • Every time i do this quest i spare Erandur because i allways help people.

        Loading editor
    • Personally my characters are just rude ppl. I am currently on my theif character and so therefore shiny, pricy, rare objects is this character's objection so i kill the preist plus he is always blowing my cover like someone else i know *cough* Lydia *cough*

        Loading editor
    • I think Erandur's worth more keeping around than the staff. He was one of my first followers on my 'God character', so I'm a bit biased.

        Loading editor
    • I didnt kill him he didnt really deserves to die and the skull was weak it didnt really take much damage

        Loading editor
    • How is the staff useful???? (Skyrim elder scrolls) like what do you get or what happends when using the skull of corruption? Besides taking peoples dreams, when you use it after collecting dreams does it do damage on your opponent?

        Loading editor
    • 65.92.241.252 wrote:
      How is the staff useful???? (Skyrim elder scrolls) like what do you get or what happends when using the skull of corruption? Besides taking peoples dreams, when you use it after collecting dreams does it do damage on your opponent?


      yes it does do damage to your opponent and make them fly accross the room and it slowly loses dreams while doing so

        Loading editor
    • Tsumefan2 wrote:
      65.92.241.252 wrote:
      How is the staff useful???? (Skyrim elder scrolls) like what do you get or what happends when using the skull of corruption? Besides taking peoples dreams, when you use it after collecting dreams does it do damage on your opponent?

      yes it does do damage to your opponent and make them fly accross the room and it slowly loses dreams while doing so

      People, use melee weapons, normal staves or arrows/magic. Its far less complicated.

        Loading editor
    • Bilitis wrote:
      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      65.92.241.252 wrote:
      How is the staff useful???? (Skyrim elder scrolls) like what do you get or what happends when using the skull of corruption? Besides taking peoples dreams, when you use it after collecting dreams does it do damage on your opponent?

      yes it does do damage to your opponent and make them fly accross the room and it slowly loses dreams while doing so
      People, use melee weapons, normal staves or arrows/magic. Its far less complicated.


      i also use those too

      so your point is what exactly?

        Loading editor
    • Tsumefan2 wrote:
      Bilitis wrote:
      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      65.92.241.252 wrote:
      How is the staff useful???? (Skyrim elder scrolls) like what do you get or what happends when using the skull of corruption? Besides taking peoples dreams, when you use it after collecting dreams does it do damage on your opponent?

      yes it does do damage to your opponent and make them fly accross the room and it slowly loses dreams while doing so
      People, use melee weapons, normal staves or arrows/magic. Its far less complicated.

      i also use those too

      so your point is what exactly?

      That the Skull, as Wabbajack for exemple, is gimmicky.

        Loading editor
    • Bilitis wrote:
      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      Bilitis wrote:
      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      65.92.241.252 wrote:
      How is the staff useful???? (Skyrim elder scrolls) like what do you get or what happends when using the skull of corruption? Besides taking peoples dreams, when you use it after collecting dreams does it do damage on your opponent?

      yes it does do damage to your opponent and make them fly accross the room and it slowly loses dreams while doing so
      People, use melee weapons, normal staves or arrows/magic. Its far less complicated.

      i also use those too

      so your point is what exactly?

      That the Skull, as Wabbajack for exemple, is gimmicky.


      i get a bunch of laughs out of the wabbajack, but then a few items are glitched and you can't get them, mostly i just put wabbajack and the skull in a chest someplace

        Loading editor
    • When I choose it it's for my weapon racks, otherwise I try to roleplay this choice.

        Loading editor
    • erandur lied to me about who he was so i killed him

        Loading editor
    • Tsumefan2 wrote:
      erandur lied to me about who he was so i killed him


      Honestly, I don't see a stranger asking you "Hey, can you help me? I used to worship a deadric prince but I got scared when things got complicated with the Orcs, so I ran away. But you know, now I worship Mara 'cause she's nice ..." and successfully convince you.

        Loading editor
    • Bilitis wrote:
      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      erandur lied to me about who he was so i killed him


      Honestly, I don't see a stranger asking you "Hey, can you help me? I used to worship a deadric prince but I got scared when things got complicated with the Orcs, so I ran away. But you know, now I worship Mara 'cause she's nice ..." and successfully convince you.


      it's spelled daedric

        Loading editor
    • Tsumefan2 wrote:
      Bilitis wrote:
      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      erandur lied to me about who he was so i killed him


      Honestly, I don't see a stranger asking you "Hey, can you help me? I used to worship a deadric prince but I got scared when things got complicated with the Orcs, so I ran away. But you know, now I worship Mara 'cause she's nice ..." and successfully convince you.


      it's spelled daedric


      ​Doesn't change my point.

      If he told the Dragonborn the truth I doubt it would have been so efficient.

        Loading editor
    • Bilitis wrote:
      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      Bilitis wrote:
      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      erandur lied to me about who he was so i killed him


      Honestly, I don't see a stranger asking you "Hey, can you help me? I used to worship a deadric prince but I got scared when things got complicated with the Orcs, so I ran away. But you know, now I worship Mara 'cause she's nice ..." and successfully convince you.


      it's spelled daedric


      ​Doesn't change my point.

      If he told the Dragonborn the truth I doubt it would have been so efficient.


      i keep it in order to get the trophy achievment

        Loading editor
    • I kept the staff because after starting as a sneaky archer thief, I wound up...luring a priest to be eaten by cannibals (including me) and well, it all went downhill from there.  I've decided Daedric Princes are my kind of people, and when they stop what they are doing to actually talk to me, I'm all ears.  There's going to be me and my follower/wife and any kids we have and if you aren't on that short list, zero empathy.  You and the world will burn for my jollies.  Up Evil!

      Erandur faltered in his path so he had to go.

        Loading editor
    • Usually if I'm playing an evil character I'll go for the staff or if I'm virtuous I'll choose Erandur.  My most recent character is a virtuous type but I started to notice just how much of an untrustworthy liar Erandur is.  I gave him a pass on his history of being a reformed former daedra worshipper but even with that he's evasive and deceptive regarding what he knows.  A list of things he's not being completely honest about include: the barrier, the Dreamstride, Vaermina's Torpor, how the temple initially fell, and his involvement in it.  He coldbloodedly strides through the temple killing orcs and daedra worshippers alike, worshippers that were formerly his friends.  At the last, his former friends, Veren and Thorek, call him out on his cowardice and treachery but he claims they're lying.  Erandur doesn't know, however, that we were in his head during the Dreamstride, and we know that he's the liar.  Vaermina is known for her penchant for evil omens so when she claims that Erandur will betray the Dragonborn it's not all that implausible.  

        Loading editor
    • >However if, like now, I am roleplaying a Paladin, Priest or morally good character I will destroy the skull and make Erandur a steward at one of my houses, maybe Dawnstar so he can be near his home.

      I haven't done this quest yet but am reading up on it in order to (1) Qualify for Heljarchen Hall, and (2) Find good stewards.  

      I will save Erandur because I want to be a good guy, and afraid I'll need to murder too many people as it is in other quests; but if it is true what the Wiki says, that Erandur will not attack hostile characters, how could he be one of the better stewards?

        Loading editor
    • PaulEmmons wrote:
      >However if, like now, I am roleplaying a Paladin, Priest or morally good character I will destroy the skull and make Erandur a steward at one of my houses, maybe Dawnstar so he can be near his home.

      I haven't done this quest yet but am reading up on it in order to (1) Qualify for Heljarchen Hall, and (2) Find good stewards.  

      I will save Erandur because I want to be a good guy, and afraid I'll need to murder too many people as it is in other quests; but if it is true what the Wiki says, that Erandur will not attack hostile characters, how could he be one of the better stewards?

      Sounds weird, especially since there's a "confirmation needed" at the end of the statement and that I couldn't find anything about that on internet. All I can say for certain is that Erandur has a no crime morality. We know that he uses melee + destruction so the one who wrote the wiki probably had a bug.

      On the steward part, except if you have a dedicated mod (and I don't know if there's one) Erandur cannot be one. If you're looking for a good guy check the list, you can pick one with your morality. It's just me but I like to RP, check level cap and weapon of choice while choosing one.

        Loading editor
    • Just let Erandur banish the skull, then kill him. Who says there is no third option? Sure, you walk away with no reward, but I wasn't expecting a reward between a sub par staff and a horrible follower who isn't aesthetic or combat worthy. It is funny to see things go no one's way.

      Vaermina sure has a very sweet, girly voice, though, for someone supposed to look like an ugly old woman. Voices can be deceiving.

        Loading editor
    • Datadragon Seraphim wrote:
      Just let Erandur banish the skull, then kill him. Who says there is no third option? Sure, you walk away with no reward, but I wasn't expecting a reward between a sub par staff and a horrible follower who isn't aesthetic or combat worthy. It is funny to see things go no one's way.

      Vaermina sure has a very sweet, girly voice, though, for someone supposed to look like an ugly old woman. Voices can be deceiving.

      if you do that how will one get the oblivion walker trophy?

        Loading editor
    • Tsumefan2 wrote:
      Datadragon Seraphim wrote:
      Just let Erandur banish the skull, then kill him. Who says there is no third option? Sure, you walk away with no reward, but I wasn't expecting a reward between a sub par staff and a horrible follower who isn't aesthetic or combat worthy. It is funny to see things go no one's way.

      Vaermina sure has a very sweet, girly voice, though, for someone supposed to look like an ugly old woman. Voices can be deceiving.

      if you do that how will one get the oblivion walker trophy?

      Indeed you won't be able to get it. I'd say the best if you're a trophy hunter is to do Oblivion Walker in your first playthrough then do anything you want in another one.

        Loading editor
    • Tsumefan2 wrote: if you do that how will one get the oblivion walker trophy?

      I don't only have one save, and I have completed the game multiple times. So?

      I play on PC with mods, but I have gained all trophies on Console which I used to play on. Thing is, trophies are the least of my worries. I don't care for them.

        Loading editor
    • Datadragon Seraphim wrote:

      Tsumefan2 wrote: if you do that how will one get the oblivion walker trophy?

      I don't only have one save, and I have completed the game multiple times. So?

      I play on PC with mods, but I have gained all trophies on Console which I used to play on. Thing is, trophies are the least of my worries. I don't care for them.

      ok let me change my comment to

      erandur lied to you about who he was he wasn't a priest of mara

        Loading editor
    • Tsumefan2 wrote:
      Datadragon Seraphim wrote:

      Tsumefan2 wrote: if you do that how will one get the oblivion walker trophy?

      I don't only have one save, and I have completed the game multiple times. So?

      I play on PC with mods, but I have gained all trophies on Console which I used to play on. Thing is, trophies are the least of my worries. I don't care for them.

      ok let me change my comment to

      erandur lied to you about who he was he wasn't a priest of mara

      But he IS a priest of Mara, he said he became Her servant after the whole sanctuary invaded by Orcs mess. He lied to you about his past, he's not secretly a priest of Vaermina waiting to kill you in the dark.

        Loading editor
    • 86.171.100.49 wrote:

      The Skull of Vaermina is almost as bad as Sanguine's Staff and you should only ever display it or use it for roleplaying.


      While I mostly agree I'm focusing on this part specifically. The Sanguine rose can be bad pick, but if you are playing a mage/conjur it can be useful so you are not wasting magica on a sommon daedra spell but still get a powerful ally.

        Loading editor
    • JelloGod wrote:

      86.171.100.49 wrote:

      The Skull of Vaermina is almost as bad as Sanguine's Staff and you should only ever display it or use it for roleplaying.


      While I mostly agree I'm focusing on this part specifically. The Sanguine rose can be bad pick, but if you are playing a mage/conjur it can be useful so you are not wasting magica on a sommon daedra spell but still get a powerful ally.

      i just put the rose in a chest somewhere and i never used it

        Loading editor
    • JelloGod
      JelloGod removed this reply because:
      It did not save the comment I made in reply
      02:26, September 21, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Tsumefan2 wrote:

      JelloGod wrote:

      86.171.100.49 wrote:

      The Skull of Vaermina is almost as bad as Sanguine's Staff and you should only ever display it or use it for roleplaying.


      While I mostly agree I'm focusing on this part specifically. The Sanguine rose can be bad pick, but if you are playing a mage/conjur it can be useful so you are not wasting magica on a sommon daedra spell but still get a powerful ally.

      i just put the rose in a chest somewhere and i never used it


      So do I but I'm trying to be positive

        Loading editor
    • Brittonbubba wrote:
      I mean, if you want a charge for the Ebony Blade or are racist against the Dunmer, pick the Skull.

      If you want to have a friend, pick Erandur.

      'Racist against Dunmer' Are you a Nord, for Hircine's sake?

        Loading editor
    • The Skull of Corruption is just a really sad reward, a legendary daedric artifact that is outclassed by a Staff of Fireball. Erandur is a meh follower, a Restoration-specced mage who never heals. Don't even BOTHER with the quest.

        Loading editor
    • This stops the nightmares in dawnstar correct?

        Loading editor
    • Completing the quest, regardless of the path taken, will "stop the nightmares."

        Loading editor
    • Carterwyane7 wrote:
      This stops the nightmares in dawnstar correct?

      both paths stop the nightmares

        Loading editor
    • My problem is that the character I'm playing this time around is supposed to be the hoarder; give me all of the things, while I use next to none of them because I prefer lighting everyone on fire and exploding them. Basically a cowardly mage in all heavy armor, and trying to use a shield with my fireball spell or a staff. It would be helpful if I knew enough console commands to resurrect Erandur and get him as a follower, but idk the max number of followers, and Lydia is damn awesome at keeping me and herself alive.

        Loading editor
    • Carterwyane7 wrote:
      This stops the nightmares in dawnstar correct?

      I guess Tom is the real demon. He has the magic of making nightmares.

        Loading editor
    • even if erandur is NOT a follower, you can STILL make him a blades member. he's one of those very FEW followers who is essential. and he also casts spells against dragons. at least I had him survive on one playthrough and made him a blade

        Loading editor
    • Last time that I checked, Erandur is not essential, just protected (as per typical follower standards). In addition, the only way for him to survive is for him to become a potential follower, so I don't know what you mean by that.

        Loading editor
    • The only way for him to survive is to spare him during the quest. that's what i meant



      )
        Loading editor
    • like i said i just stored it away somewhere

        Loading editor
    • Don't kill Erandur, he is one of the few followers in the game that has about 20 lines of unique dialogue, for example he will say something related to the city that you are currently visiting. To my knowledge only Serana, Cicero, Erik and Erandur are the only ones that do this.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.