FANDOM


  • I hear how Lydia can witstand more blows while J'zargo has no cap but prefers robes over durable armour. Right now i am at level 25, who should i get as my follower, for now?

      Loading editor
    • J'zargo is the one you should choose, why because Lydia will only get in the way with her uselessness, seriously if you don't want to feel like your babysitting a child in ther middle of battle choose J'zargo he is one of the best followers in my experience, Lydia is the worst.


      Lydia is one of the worst followers in any game I've ever played.

        Loading editor
    • lydia who can only be killed by YOU

        Loading editor
    • 23.115.203.201 wrote:
      lydia who can only be killed by YOU

      Lydia can be killed just like any follower can be killed, be it by you or by enemies, she's not essential, the only reason she doesn't get killed by literally anything is because the enemies will leave her alone when she is on her knees, J'zargo is simply infinitely better than the trash follower that is Lydia, he's smarter on top of being actually useful and having a higher level cap.


      there is no reason to use Lydia once you manage to get any other follower and even without followers she only gets in the way, like escorting a child into battle, heck a child would be a better follower than Lydia

        Loading editor
    • you fail to see the benifit of aquiring her early on this means she as plenty of time to level up to get j'zargo you have to go through an entire QUESTLINE AND ANOTHER QUEST hes not worth it

        Loading editor
    • 23.115.203.201 wrote:
      you fail to see the benifit of aquiring her early on this means she as plenty of time to level up to get j'zargo you have to go through an entire QUESTLINE AND ANOTHER QUEST hes not worth it

      I see the benefit, but you do realize that all followers level with you regardless of whether or not you have aquired them or not so your point about Lydia having more time to level with you is pretty misinformed.

      Lydia when I used her, only got in the way, she's not worth it because of how absolutely useless she has always been. yes you have to go through a lot for J'zargo, but of all the followers he has one of the highest level caps in the game I think it's level 90 while Lydia caps at 50 like most housecarls.

      Lydia never helped out once, I am always having to save her constantly, she's a source of stress assuming I actually care enough to not want any follower to die. Lydia is the definition of useless.

        Loading editor
    • If you're a mage, I say I recommend J'zargo. Lydia uses melee attacks, while J'zargo uses distant magic attacks. (Obviously) 

      If you're more of a warrior type, go ahead for Lydia. It just depends on which one you prefer, everyone has their own opinions.

        Loading editor
    • Oh, I am also a mage. So I would prefer J'zargo. I like onmund more because he uses chain lightning, J'zargo uses plain sparks but amazing level cap.

        Loading editor
    • I am a warrior primarily and Lydia stills pales in comparison to literally anyone else, be it J'zargo, or any other follower. 

        Loading editor
    • To me, using Lydia is like a crash test for the newbie.

        Loading editor
    • 206.174.57.65 wrote:
      If you're a mage, I say I recommend J'zargo. Lydia uses melee attacks, while J'zargo uses distant magic attacks. (Obviously) 

      If you're more of a warrior type, go ahead for Lydia. It just depends on which one you prefer, everyone has their own opinions.

      if your a mage and you have j'zrgo then they  will get up close because they have to since no one is a warrior

        Loading editor
    • I thank you all for your wise advice.

        Loading editor
    • J'zargo, Lydia gets in the way and gets lost 99.9 percent of the time

        Loading editor
    • Dovahmasters wrote:
      J'zargo is the one you should choose, why because Lydia will only get in the way with her uselessness, seriously if you don't want to feel like your babysitting a child in ther middle of battle choose J'zargo he is one of the best followers in my experience, Lydia is the worst.


      Lydia is one of the worst followers in any game I've ever played.


      J'zargo is far from the best. If you want a mage just go for Serana. J'zargo will die easily.

        Loading editor
    • 23.115.203.201 wrote:
      206.174.57.65 wrote:
      If you're a mage, I say I recommend J'zargo. Lydia uses melee attacks, while J'zargo uses distant magic attacks. (Obviously) 

      If you're more of a warrior type, go ahead for Lydia. It just depends on which one you prefer, everyone has their own opinions.

      if your a mage and you have j'zrgo then they  will get up close because they have to since no one is a warrior

      this is old, but let me rephrase that, i say its the other way around because warriors do good with a ranged ally (even better a mage like j'zargo) to deal damage while the warrio deals damage and tanks hits if your a mage (or an archer for that matter) a warrior is better because the same reason, they tank while you cast if you have a mage with a mage than the enemies can still get close and attack since niether of you are melee

        Loading editor
    • Dovahmasters wrote:
      23.115.203.201 wrote:
      you fail to see the benifit of aquiring her early on this means she as plenty of time to level up to get j'zargo you have to go through an entire QUESTLINE AND ANOTHER QUEST hes not worth it
      I see the benefit, but you do realize that all followers level with you regardless of whether or not you have aquired them or not so your point about Lydia having more time to level with you is pretty misinformed.

      Lydia when I used her, only got in the way, she's not worth it because of how absolutely useless she has always been. yes you have to go through a lot for J'zargo, but of all the followers he has one of the highest level caps in the game I think it's level 90 while Lydia caps at 50 like most housecarls.

      Lydia never helped out once, I am always having to save her constantly, she's a source of stress assuming I actually care enough to not want any follower to die. Lydia is the definition of useless.

      i retract my statement. i was a naive noob and didnt know abou followers leveling, and found j'zargo has no level cap and is definatly worth it so i now agree with you

      please accept my apology because i (like i said) was a noob

        Loading editor
    • Dovahmasters wrote:
      23.115.203.201 wrote:
      lydia who can only be killed by YOU
      Lydia can be killed just like any follower can be killed, be it by you or by enemies, she's not essential, the only reason she doesn't get killed by literally anything is because the enemies will leave her alone when she is on her knees, J'zargo is simply infinitely better than the trash follower that is Lydia, he's smarter on top of being actually useful and having a higher level cap.


      there is no reason to use Lydia once you manage to get any other follower and even without followers she only gets in the way, like escorting a child into battle, heck a child would be a better follower than Lydia

      Wait a minute, Lydia is not essential but anyway, she can´t get killed by other than you. Plus, mages are often dangerous and their spels can turn against you very easily. So I guess if you give Lydia a good armor and a good bow you´ll have the perfect support for longer than other followers, also I´ve come to learn she´s much less clumsy than the rest of them.

        Loading editor
    • At this point in time everyone says J'zargo is completely usless and the worst compainion in the game. I dont get why though. Everyone complains that he only uses spark, but last time i checked he used: 

      Yes this is from the wiki "https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/J%27zargo_(Skyrim)".

      Anyway, back to the point. Everyone says he flees easily, uses only spark and hardly does anything good. But "heal other", "Turn undead" and "steadfast ward" are pretty nice spells. He can heal me, get us another fighter and defend himself from incomming attacks. He also uses a lot more spells than just spark, lighting bolt, ice spike and firebolt are some pretty good spells if you know how to use them. And the problem about him fleeing can be solved with several spells and shouts. 

      Can anyone either agree with me that he is a good follower and worth having or explain to me why he is so usless?

        Loading editor
    • Maybe he is not as 'useless' as u claim him to be but he is simply not essential. As mentioned i would rather have serana or erandur rather than him simply.becos his hp will.run out.

        Loading editor
    • 23.115.203.201 wrote:
      206.174.57.65 wrote:
      If you're a mage, I say I recommend J'zargo. Lydia uses melee attacks, while J'zargo uses distant magic attacks. (Obviously) 

      If you're more of a warrior type, go ahead for Lydia. It just depends on which one you prefer, everyone has their own opinions.

      if your a mage and you have j'zrgo then they  will get up close because they have to since no one is a warrior

      J'zargo's heavy armor skill is good, so you can give him an enchanted set and he can be a tank mage.

      Source: https://qtoptens.com/top-10-best-skyrim-followers/

      This article also say that he is the best follower, however lydia is not even in the list, so j'zargo is better.

      Also, j'zargo can use one handed weapons and his khajiit fists if you give him the fortify unarmed enchanment.

        Loading editor
    • Larry army wrote:
      23.115.203.201 wrote:
      206.174.57.65 wrote:
      If you're a mage, I say I recommend J'zargo. Lydia uses melee attacks, while J'zargo uses distant magic attacks. (Obviously) 

      If you're more of a warrior type, go ahead for Lydia. It just depends on which one you prefer, everyone has their own opinions.

      if your a mage and you have j'zrgo then they  will get up close because they have to since no one is a warrior
      J'zargo's heavy armor skill is good, so you can give him an enchanted set and he can be a tank mage.

      Source: https://qtoptens.com/top-10-best-skyrim-followers/

      This article also say that he is the best follower, however lydia is not even in the list, so j'zargo is better.

      Also, j'zargo can use one handed weapons and his khajiit fists if you give him the fortify unarmed enchanment.

      Housecarl's are Number 2 on the list. The picture is of Lydia in Breezehome :l

        Loading editor
    • I'd just like to note that summons can serve as better warriors/fodder for mage characters than followers, too easy to kill or piss off the follower, on the other hand, too many mage followers can be deadly, I have a character with one of the Mirak cultists(was level 50 when attacked in Whiterun, so using that one still after level 80-90ish, his body doesn't disappear), and the Caller, the most deadly part of encounters is the first melee attack as I tend to get hit from both sides.

        Loading editor
    • Lydia if you are a mage and jzargo if you are a warrior so you have one attacking up close and personal and the other doing ranged damage. That could work if Lydia would just give it up with the bow she misses every damn shot oh well at least she tries 

        Loading editor
    • It really depends on what build you are playing and what kind of follower you need. But I will recommend j'zargo 'cause he can be both a tank and a support.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.