Torches are items of illumination. Equipping a torch occupies the shield-hand. Torches extinguish after an extended duration of time has passed or when fully submerged in water.
- A torch is an off-hand item that provides the player with light when it is too dark to see.
- Torches may only be used while no weapons are drawn or while using a one-handed weapon with no other off-hand items.
- Torches may also be used while riding a horse.
- Torches go out after 1,000 seconds and provide 50 feet of light, opposed to Morrowind's 210 seconds.
- Wielding a torch will make the player highly visible and ruin any type of stealthy movement.
- A torch's light will go out when held in water.
- Most caves or ruins will have a barrel or chest near the entrance with torches inside.
- Is used by random characters and enemies and is often used by guards during the night.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.