- Read the letter sent by Lady Brisienna
- Find and meet her in the specified tavern
- Find the Totem of Tiber Septim within Castle Daggerfall
- Bring the Totem to any one of the major individuals of Iliac Bay:
- Head to Castle Shedungent
Upon receiving the letter from Lady Brisienna, meet her at the location mentioned within the letter. She will tell the Agent that their assault on Woodborne Hall was a failure, as the Totem of Tiber Septim was gone before they sacked it. Brisienna suspects the Totem to be in the vaults of Daggerfall, and tasks the Agent to retrieve the item.
Upon entering Daggerfall Castle, and taking one of the side passages next to either Gothryd or Aubk'i, the Agent must find the vault and obtain the Totem. After obtaining the artifact, several people who desire the Totem will send messages offering various rewards for bringing the Totem to them. Gothryd, unlike the other lords, sends out a hit squad instead. These mercenaries, upon finding the Agent, will state:
"Hand over the Totem, or we'll slaughter you where you stand. Well? Are you going to give it to us, or make us take it from you?"
- "Coward. Now get lost. Oh yeah. I was told you should go see Nalfuga, whoever that is."
- "You don't even have it! Now I'm going to kill you just for the fun of it."
- No "Then we'll just have to take it."
Bring the Totem to one of the candidates, and see a message from Nulfaga:
The unmistakable voice of Nulfaga speaks softly in your head,
"I see that the Totem has found its way into the hands of someone with royal blood. I think it is time you paid me another visit here in Shedungent . Your work is not yet done."
Go to Nulfaga to retrieve the Mantella.
The following are the letters sent by each of the lords and ladies after obtaining the Totem:
- Letter from Akorithi
- Letter from Brisienna
- Letter from Eadwyre
- Letter from Gortwog
- Letter from Mannimarco
- Letter from the Underking
|Lady Brisienna has asked me to bring her the Totem of Tiber Septim. It is hidden in the treasury of Castle Daggerfall. She fears that assassins are after her, and will send me a letter revealing her current whereabouts when I escape the castle. Whoever holds the Totem has the potential to control mighty Numidium and forge a new empire, just like Tiber Septim did so long ago.|
|The Totem of Tiber Septim spoke to me in my head! It claims that only those with royal blood can lay claim to the Totem. It has given me one year and one day to decide who shall be its true wielder.|
- The only candidate for the Totem who cannot be directly met is the Underking, who will instead have an agent take the Totem if returned. The Agent will state: "The Underking will be most pleased. He has searched many life times for this lost item. I have been instructed to give you this object. Use it wisely. Should you ever locate the Mantella, the Underking would be most appreciative."