Traveling Merchant is a radiant character in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. The Traveling Merchant is part of the Dawnguard radiant quest, Hide and Seek or the vampire radiant quest "The Hunt." The Dragonborn is required to kill them as they are a member of the opposing faction in disguise.
The Dragonborn is tasked with killing a Dawnguard spy.
- Show me your wares, "merchant." "My wares? I, uh... Oh so sorry, I'm all sold out
- You're no merchant. "I beg your pardon, sir. I don't know what you're getting at, but whatever it is, it's not appreciated."
- Come with me, "merchant." "Why? What do you want?"
- I'll take you to the monster you're hunting. (Persuade)
- "You've mistaken me for someone who cares about you and your problems. Find someone else." (Failure)
- "Monster? What monster? Don't know what you're game is, but I'll humor for a moment. Lead the way. Take me to this "monster" of yours. But I'm warning you, do anything funny, and you'll regret it." (Success)
- Follow me, or you'll regret it. (Intimidate)
- "I'm not so easily coerced. I've got my eye on you. Try anything, and you will be the one who regrets it." (Failure)
- "Settle down. No need for threats. Lead the way. But I'm warning you, I'm not afraid to fight you if I have to." (Success)