History[edit | edit source]
Trayvond has stated that, like many Redguards, he hails from the Hammerfell region of Tamriel, but has since had to move to Cyrodiil. The reason for this is that his family were against his chosen vocation as a Mage, and thus had to move away to continue his education.
He also reveals that Redguards do not typically like mages, stating that they "don't much like spellcasters, because wizards steal souls and tamper with minds. If you use magic, you're weak or wicked."
Philosophy[edit | edit source]
On a personal level, he believes that "profaning the remains or souls of the dead is just wrong, and is uneasy about tampering with another's mind, or trafficking with Daedra"; despite this he will sometimes summon a scamp to aid him if he is attacked. This somewhat follows and contradicts Redguard philosophy towards Illusion, Mysticism and Conjuration--all of which they frown upon.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
"I'm Trayvond the Redguard, Mages Guild Evoker. Surprised? Yes, you don't see many Redguards in the Mages Guild. We don't much like spellcasters in Hammerfell. Wizards steal souls and tamper with minds. If you use magic, you're weak or wicked. My family didn't approve of my vocation, so I had to come to Cyrodiil for my education. I admit... I still have strong prejudices against necromancy, summoning, and illusion. Profaning the remains or souls of the dead is just wrong. And I'm uneasy about tampering with other's minds and trafficking with Daedra."
- Cheydinhal "My progress through the ranks will be slow. My prejudices against certain types of magic limit my chances for advancement."
- Daedra cults "Daedra cults aren't necessarily evil, of course. In nearby Morrowind, for example, they worship Daedra in the Temple. The Azura shrine north of town, up Lake Arrius way, for instance. I know a Dark Elf there. Nothing evil about him."
- Mages Guild "If you're looking for the most powerful spells, you'll want to speak to Borissean at the Arcane University. If you're allowed in, that is."
- Recommendation "You'll have to get one from Falcar, if you can."
After speaking to Falcar:
"A pleasure to speak with you."
- Recommendation "Falcar always has been pretty harsh, even when it comes to basic lessons. He seems to have gotten worse lately, though. I think he even scared away the last Associate who came here for training. What was his name again? Hmm, I can't remember. Deetsan would know, though."
After obtaining the Ring of Burden:
- Recommendation "Didn't you hear? Oh, no. I suppose you wouldn't have. You'd best go see Deetsan before you do anything else."
Spells for sale[edit | edit source]
|Spell||Skill Level Required||Effects||Base Magicka Cost|
|Burdening Touch||Novice (0)||Burden 15 pts for 15 secs on Touch||10|
|Defend||Apprentice (25)||Shield 25% for 30 secs on Self||43|
|Ease Burden||Apprentice (25)||Feather 50 pts for 240 secs on self||35|
|Electric Shell||Apprentice (25)||Shock Shield 10% for 30 secs on Self||54|
|Frost Shell||Apprentice (25)||Frost Shield 10% for 30 secs on Self||54|
|Heat Shell||Apprentice (25)||Fire Shield 10% for 30 secs on Self||54|
|Hindering Touch||Apprentice (25)||Burden 35 pt for 20 secs on Touch||39|
|Open Easy Lock||Apprentice (25)||Open Easy Lock on Target||29|
|Open Very Easy Lock||Novice (0)||Open Very Easy Lock on Target||7|
|Protect||Novice (0)||Shield 5% for 30 secs on Self||10|
|Protect Other||Novice (0)||Shield 10% for 20 secs on Touch||17|
|Sea Stride||Apprentice (25)||Water Walking for 30 secs on Self||39|
|Water Breathing||Apprentice (25)||Water Breathing for 30 secs on Self||43|
|Summon Scamp||Apprentice (25)||Summon Scamp for 20 secs on Self||60|
|Flash Bolt||Apprentice (25)||Fire Damage 20 pts on Target||52|
|Major Life Detection||Apprentice (25)||Detect Life 60 ft for 20 secs on Self||30|
|Heal Major Wounds||Apprentice (25)||Restore Health 25 pts on Self||61|
- Note: "Base Magicka Cost" refers to how much magicka it costs to cast the spell without factoring in player's skill level, attribute level, and individual spell effects. Generally, magicka costs are higher.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, introductory dialogue with Trayvond the Redguard