Locations[edit | edit source]
- North of Embershard Mine (across the river), and east of Anise's Cabin near the stairs that lead to an iron ore vein. The note is in the inventory of a dead treasure hunter just north of the waterfall closest to Riverwood.
- South of Purewater Run. The note is carried by a dead Treasure Hunter.
- Between Stillborn Cave and Journeyman's Nook. Imagine a straight line on the map between the 2 places. A dead treasure hunter can be found along that line. The note is in the dead treasure hunter's inventory.
- Southeast of Ragnvald Temple, in a Treasure Hunter's inventory.
Contents[edit | edit source]
I'm close to finding the <Alias=Item>. I've tracked it down to <Alias=Dungeon>. It's apparently guarded by a <Alias.ShortName=Boss>.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Reading this note starts a Miscellaneous Quest to go to the specified location and get the item.
Possible aliases[edit | edit source]
- Item: Blessed Steel War Axe
- Dungeon: Falkreath Tower (Crossroads Watchtower)
- Boss: Master Necromancer
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item and the boss encountered are both leveled to the Dragonborn (at the time they received the note and the quest was started).
- The spelling of Coldcinder Cave is incorrect in both the journal and note, instead being spelled "Colcinder Cave."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.