Troll Skull is an miscellaneous item in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It can be sold to a vendor for 5 . With the addition of Hearthfire, troll skulls can be used to create mounted trolls or frost trolls for display in homestead trophy rooms.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Troll Skulls are somewhat rare, although at least one is always found in a troll cave.
- One – Belethor's General Goods store in Whiterun, on the table to the right of the door.
- One – Outside the cave Darkshade.
- One – On the table in the Harbinger's Quarters, Jorrvaskr, Whiterun.
- Two – Arch-Mage's Quarters at the College of Winterhold.
- One – Darkwater Pass. On top of a jug just before the Falmer and the claw trap.
- Five – In Shearpoint, directly to the left upon arriving after fast traveling there. They are all in the rib-cages that are half buried in snow. Two more can be found by the word wall.
- Six – Morvunskar, on the steps in the final room of the fort. One more is located further into the dungeon.
- Two – Found in the last area of Broken Tower Redoubt.
- One – Bleak Falls Barrow, in the stream right after the room with the chain that must be pulled to lift the gate.
- One – The Midden, in a cage.
- One – Valthume, near Withershins.
- Two – Ustengrav Depths, near the dining hall and the large cave area where the skeletons are.
- Two – Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, one in Babette's room and one on a table in one of the hallways.
- One – Eldersblood Peak
- One – Thalmor Embassy, in a storage room on the right after facing the first two Thalmor Soldiers.
- One – Understone Keep
- One – Riverwood, in Faendal's house. If he becomes the Dragonborn's follower, the skull will no longer be marked as "stolen" and can be taken without a Bounty.
- One – Rannveig's Fast, around the left corner inside, opposite to the entrance.
- One – Ragnvald Temple to the left on a table once inside Ragnvald canal.
- One – Castle Dour Dungeon on a table.
- One – Fort Neugrad, on shelves in the bottom area behind the adept locked door.
- One – Fort Snowhawk, on shelves behind Expert door, opened with Quarters Key.
- One – Evette San's House, in the stairwell to the second floor.
- Two – Proudspire Manor basement (one will disappear after purchasing the Arcane Enchanter, and the other will vanish following the purchase of the Alchemy Lab).
- Two – Fort Dawnguard, by the Arcane Enchanter.
- One – Half-Moon Mill, in the butchery.
- One – Bruca's Leap Redoubt, on a spike near the entrance.
- Two – Severin Manor, on a table in the master bedroom and another atop a small bookshelf in Mirri Severin's bedroom.
- Two – Faldar's Tooth, on a shelf near the table full of coins in the room just past the long hallway with beds, one at the top of the tower on a bookshelf guarded by the bandit chief.
- One – Darklight Tower, on a side table just before the door leading to the top of the tower.
- Two – Talking Stone Camp, either side of a shrine made upon a large rock to the left of the chest on the north-west side of the camp.
- One – Serpent's Bluff Redoubt, on a shelf in the tent next to the forge and opposite the tanning rack.
- One – Northwatch Keep, on a shelf in the torture room just before the cell block.
- One – Lost Knife Hideout, on the table with the key in the cage room.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Troll skulls cannot be looted from dead trolls.