Troll Skull is an miscellaneous item in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It can be sold to a vendor for 5 . With the addition of Hearthfire, troll skulls can be used to create mounted trolls or frost trolls for display in homestead trophy rooms.
Troll Skulls are somewhat rare, although at least one is always found in a troll cave.
- One – Belethor's General Goods store in Whiterun, on the table to the right of the door.
- One – Outside the cave Darkshade.
- One – On the table in the Harbinger's Quarters, Jorrvaskr, Whiterun.
- Two – Arch-Mage's Quarters at the College of Winterhold.
- One – Darkwater Pass. On top of a jug just before the Falmer and the claw trap.
- Five – In Shearpoint, directly to the left upon arriving after fast traveling there. They are all in the rib-cages that are half buried in snow. Two more can be found by the word wall.
- Six – Morvunskar, on the steps in the final room of the fort. One more is located further into the dungeon.
- Two – Found in the last area of Broken Tower Redoubt.
- One – Bleak Falls Barrow, in the stream right after the room with the chain that must be pulled to lift the gate.
- One – The Midden, in a cage.
- One – Valthume, near Withershins.
- Two – Ustengrav Depths, near the dining hall and the large cave area where the skeletons are.
- Two – Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, one in Babette's room and one on a table in one of the hallways.
- One – Eldersblood Peak
- One – Thalmor Embassy, in a storage room on the right after facing the first two Thalmor Soldiers.
- One – Understone Keep
- One – Riverwood, in Faendal's house. If he becomes the Dragonborn's follower, the skull will no longer be marked as "stolen" and can be taken without a Bounty.
- One – Rannveig's Fast, around the left corner inside, opposite to the entrance.
- One – Ragnvald Temple to the left on a table once inside Ragnvald canal.
- One – Castle Dour Dungeon on a table.
- One – Fort Neugrad, on shelves in the bottom area behind the adept locked door.
- One – Fort Snowhawk, on shelves behind Expert door, opened with Quarters Key.
- One – Evette San's House, in the stairwell to the second floor.
- Two – Proudspire Manor basement (one will disappear after purchasing the Arcane Enchanter, and the other will vanish following the purchase of the Alchemy Lab).
- Two – Fort Dawnguard, by the Arcane Enchanter.
- One – Half-Moon Mill, in the butchery.
- One – Bruca's Leap Redoubt, on a spike near the entrance.
- Two – Severin Manor, on a table in the master bedroom and another atop a small bookshelf in Mirri Severin's bedroom.
- Two – Faldar's Tooth, on a shelf near the table full of coins in the room just past the long hallway with beds, one at the top of the tower on a bookshelf guarded by the bandit chief.
- One – Darklight Tower, on a side table just before the door leading to the top of the tower.
- Two – Talking Stone Camp, either side of a shrine made upon a large rock to the left of the chest on the north-west side of the camp.
- One – Serpent's Bluff Redoubt, on a shelf in the tent next to the forge and opposite the tanning rack.
- One – Northwatch Keep, on a shelf in the torture room just before the cell block.
- One – Lost Knife Hideout, on the table with the key in the cage room.
- Troll skulls cannot be looted from dead trolls.