Tsun is a Nord hero in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim who is described as the ancient god of trials against adversity in the Nordic pantheon. He served as shield-thane to Shor and died defending him from foreign gods during the Ehlnofey wars of the Dawn Era. In the ancient Nordic pantheon, he was often depicted as a bear.
Tsun is much taller than any normal characters, including Altmer. The only characters that come close to his size are the Ebony Warrior and Keepers, who stand at a scale of 1.21, while Tsun stands at a towering height of 1.34 in comparison to the Dragonborn who stands at a scale of 0.95–1.08, depending on race and gender. He wears a unique set of armor and wields a unique Ancient Nord Battle Axe. These items can only be obtained using console commands.
Tsun guards the whalebone bridge to the Hall of Valor in Sovngarde and tests all who wish to pass in a trial by combat. The Dragonborn must defeat Tsun in combat to gain entrance to the Hall of Valor to meet with the Tongues inside.
After defeating Alduin, Tsun congratulates the Dragonborn. Before sending them back to Mundus, he grants the Dragonborn a boon; the three words of Call of Valor allowing them to summon a Nord hero from Sovngarde to aid them in battle.
"What brings you, wayfarer grim, to wander here, in Sovngarde, souls-end, Shor's gift to honored dead?"
"You fought well. I find you worthy. It is long since one of the living has entered here. May Shor's favor follow you and your errand."
"The eyes of Shor are upon you this day Defeat Alduin, and destroy his soul-snare."
"This was a mighty deed! The doom of Alduin encompassed at last, and cleansed is Sovngarde of his evil snare. They will sing of this battle in Shor's hall forever. But your fate lies elsewhere. When you have completed your count of days, I may welcome you again, with glad friendship, and bid you join the blessed feasting. When you are ready to rejoin the living, just bid me so, and I will send you back."
- "I've waited long for such a worthy opponent."
- "Prove worthy by warrior's test, and cross the bridge to the blessed hall."
- "Shor's Hall awaits, if worthy you prove."
- "The joy of battle burns in your heart!"
- "The path is closed, till your courage is tested."
- Tsun is voiced by Thor Edgell.
- Tsun is based on the real world Norse mythology individual, known as Módgud, who guards the realm of Hel and is described in the story of Baldr as challenging Hermód, who is sent to retrieve a fallen god; it is stated that Módgud demanded that Hermód state his name and business before allowing him to pass. Much like Tsun and the Whalebone bridge in Sovngarde, Módgud is similarly stationed at the Gjallarbrú (Gjöll Bridge).
- If the Dragonborn manages to drop Tsun off the Whalebone Bridge, Tsun will disappear when he reaches the height in which the Dragonborn would die if they were to fall off the bridge. Immediately after his disappearance, he will get out of one of the doors leading into or outside of the Hall of Valor.
- If the Dragonborn attempts to go across the bridge without defeating Tsun, they are killed by magic around halfway across the bridge.
- If the Dragonborn fails to pickpocket Tsun, he will turn hostile towards them.
- If the Dragonborn is to enter the Hall of Valor while Tsun is hostile, the heroes of Sovngarde will help the Dragonborn fight Tsun.
- The metal band around Tsun neck and arm is called a torc. While not an available item to the Dragonborn, wearable torcs could be found in The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online (mentioned only)