Unwrapping a Mummy is a Mages Guild quest available in The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. The Agent is sent into one of the Iliac Bay's dungeons to retrieve a specific sample of Mummy Wrappings for the Mages Guild.
After completing several mundane tasks for the Mages Guild, and improved their magical skills, the Agent will be accepted as a member of the Guild. Guildmagisters will, therefore, begin to offer the Agent more difficult tasks, rewarding them with and a boost to their reputation, meaning they can climb further through the Guild's ranks.
- Speak with a Guildmagister from the Mages Guild.
- Journey to and enter the specified dungeons.
- Bring the wrappings back to the Guildmagister before the time limit expires.
Having gained membership to the Mages Guild, the Agent will be offered a quest to complete in return for and reputation. One of the tasks offered by one of the Guild's Guildmagisters is to grab a sample of Mummy Wrappings from a nearby dungeon. The Agent must, therefore, head into the dungeon and obtain the sample, preferably still attached to the old noble's body.
The Freshest SampleEdit
Once inside the specified dungeon, the Agent will have to fight through a random assortment of creatures and enemies populating the dungeon. Among them will be a very much alive mummy, the long-dead noble. To get hold of the sample, the Agent must cut down the mummy and loot the wrappings from its remains, the latter action confirmed by a notification.
With the wrapping's safely in their inventory, the Agent must return to the Guildmagister before the time limit expires.
The Agent will receive a random amount of from the Guildmagister for their efforts, alongside the boost to their reputation within the Guild. The penalties for failing the quest are relatively high by comparison, but will also see gains among some anti-Mage Guild factions:
|Unwrapping a Mummy - n0b00y06|
[Guildmagister's name] of the Mages Guild in [town] has sent me to [dungeon] to grab some wrappings off of a mummy named [mummy's name]. I have [x] days to complete this quest.
- NPCs have a variety of comments to make relating to the quest when asked for any news:
- "[Mummy's name] in [dungeon] is supposedly all that's left of an ancient [ruler's title] of [region]."
- "[Mummy's name] was supposedly a [ruler's title] in ancient [region] who was too wicked to die."
- "[Mummy's name]'s reign in [region] began before the First Era and ended with you."
- "[Guildmagister's name] finally can finish [his/her] potion thanks to [mummy's name]'s contribution."
This section contains bugs related to Unwrapping a Mummy. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The target mummy may not have the wrappings in their remains, making it impossible to complete the quest.
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Mages Guild|
|Services||Guildmagister • Odylic Mages • Academics • Patricians • Isolationists • Utility Mages • Crafters • The Cabal • Teleportation|
|Non-member Quests||A Missing Book • Ingredient Gathering • The Pet Imp • The Ancient Scroll|
|Member Quests||The Rare Ingredient • Unwrapping a Mummy • The Non-sleeping Noble • A Researcher's Notes • The Stuck Lock • A Question of Azimuthal Vectors|
|Reputational Quests||The Escaped Atronach • Guild Guarding • A Mage's Bodyguard • The Rogue Wizard • A Noble's Prophecy • An Irritating Imp • Banishing a Daedra|
|Baltham Greyman||The Former Student • Wonders Beyond Imagining • The Magical Hoard|