|This user is Away|
|"This TESWikian has worked very hard and is in need of a break."|
Elder Scrolls fan, started playing with Oblivion, now I own Arena, Daggerfall, Redguard, Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, The Infernal City and Lord of Souls, I try my best to keep this place canon.
|This TESWikian is knowledgeable about Lore.|
I do know quite a lot about the lore if I may say so myself. Of the things I'm not that familiar with, I tend to be able to grasp the basics.
|This TESWikian is a member of the Imperial Legion.|
Without the Legion both Skyrim and Tamriel is doomed to fall to the Dominion. I have an entire list as to why the Stormcloaks are wrong, which can be found a little further down.
|This TESWikian is a member of the Daggerfall Covenant.|
|This TESWikian has won a raffle on|
The Elder Scrolls Wiki!
During the 2018 Holiday Raffle, I added a total of 536,000 bytes of the Raffle total (44.6%).
During the 2017 Holiday Raffle, I added a total of 174,887 bytes of the Raffle total (19.0%).
Member Of The MonthEdit
While I'm not (yet) a MOTM on the mainspace wiki, I did become October's MOTM on the discussions, being nominated by Only1storm666.
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000155761 ~ About Ambarys Rendar
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000159660 ~ Ancotar of Sunhold build
- https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3343172654596157360 ~ The Last Dragonborn and the execution at Helgen
Covering Lore seriesEdit
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000090731 ~ The Nords of Skyrim
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000091384 ~ The Narcotics of The Elder Scrolls
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000091988 ~ The Thalmor of the Aldmeri Dominion
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000093217 ~ The Maormer of Pyandonea
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000095223 ~ Ulfric Stormcloak of the Stormcloak Clan
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000096075 ~ The Falmer of Skyrim
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000097427 ~ The Bretons of High Rock
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000101660 ~ The Great War (4E 171 ~ 4E 175/4E 180)
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000106209 ~ The Emperor Tiber Septim
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000111402 ~ The Imperial Navy
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000117564 ~ Return to Clockwork City
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000138353 ~ The East Empire Company
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3100000000000200929 ~ The Blackwater War
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3258895044706308604 ~ The Skyrim Civil War
- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/d/p/3258895044706311408 ~ The Ra Gada
Elder Scrolls RecipesEdit
I need to save these.
Pages I have createdEdit
My sandbox page
The reason I have a list of pages I created, is largely for myself. To look back on what I have contributed to the wiki. Of course, anyone is free to look at these pages and edit them if needed. Some of these pages used to be disambiguation pages, but I changed that.
Pages largely edited thanks to content I found ingameEdit
- Imperial Legion Archer
- Imperial Legion Captain
- Imperial Legion Messenger
- Conquest of Hammerfell
- Imperial Legion
- Tillrani Snow-Bourne
- Skyrim Civil War
- Thassad II
- Battle for Whiterun
- General Tullius (Skyrim)
- Legate Rikke (Skyrim)
- Order of the Hour
- East Empire Trading Company
- The Forebears
- The Crowns
- Ra Gada
- Ninth Legion
- Elder Council
- Mythic Dawn
- Cult of the Ancestor Moth
- Vigilants of Stendarr
- Imperial Law
- Order of the Black Worm
In the following "categories" I will explain why I joined the Empire, or rather, why I think the Stormcloaks are wrong.
1. Alduins Return.
When the Sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. -Trailer
2. You being sent to the chopping block.
Don't let those Stormcloaks get away!-Imperial Captain
Stormcloaks! Get them! -Imperial Soldier
3. The civil war. Upon the murder of Torygg (yes, it was murder) the civil war (truly) started, this could have been prevented had Ulfric just asked. In reality the Civil War ‘’started’’ during the Markarth Incident, which is also to blame on Ulfric.
‘’A challenge of honor is a public declaration of a scandal against a private part. Only nobles fight duels, and the higher the rank, the stronger the obligation. Law and custom despises dishonorable duelists. If the victim was bullied, intimidated, or goaded by a stronger party with suspect motives, magistrates often convict the stronger party of foul murder.’’ – Okan-Shei (and basically every other NPC), Morrowind
Ulfric’s challenge by itself was goading and intimidating, because Ulfric knew that if Torygg had rejected, a new Moot would’ve had to been called, or Ulfric would’ve still been able to start his civil war. Ulfric also had suspect motives, trying to usurp the throne, as the Empire puts it.
4. Families being torn apart. By starting the Civil War, the Stormcloaks and Imperials got support of famillies, these soldiers die in the war, making their families lose heart. Riften and Solitude both have one of these families, the Snow-Shods and the Morrard family. Vulwulf is often in the Bee and Barb to drink away his sadness.
‘’The Imperial Soldiers cut her down… killed her like a dog and left her body to rot in the mud.’’ -Vulwulf Snow-Shod
‘’She died out there, only having tended to the wounded soldiers for a few months. We never even found her body… the Empire burned all the dead.’’ -Nura Snow-Shod
‘’I told her. I told her the imperial army would kill her. That this was war of Jarls and Imperial Generals and we had no part in it. She just wouldn’t hear it. It was brave of you to come to me with this. I can’t thank you for it, not for this, but you have done me a service.’’ -Angeline Morrard
5 The Thalmor coming to Skyrim. The Markarth Incident was staged by the Thalmor and Ulfric, the Thalmor forcing Ulfric's arrest resulted in Ulfric becoming uncooperative to their direct contact, but it did give the Thalmor an excuse to come to Skyrim.
‘’Forsworn had taken over Markarth, and Ulfric and his men drove them out. Empire promised they'd be free to worship Talos afterwards. Pity no one told the Elves. Whole group of those Thalmor came and they demanded Ulfric's arrest.’’ -Cedran
‘’After the war, contact was established and he has proven his worth as an asset. The so-called Markarth Incident was particularly valuable from the point of view of our strategic goals in Skyrim, although it resulted in Ulfric becoming generally uncooperative to direct contact.’’ -Thalmor Dossier: Ulfric Stormcloak
‘’Then the elves found out about it. We were forced to arrest all of them.’’ -Jarl Igmund
6. A loss of men and resources for the next Great War. Thanks to the civil war, coffers of Holds are being thrown empty and people (soldiers) are being killed. It’s notable that the trading hubs and major cities are currently having light coffers, Whiterun, Riften, Windhelm and Solitude.
"Our coffers are nearly empty. I can scarcely afford to pay the guards, and we need every one of them in these troubled times. You'll have to make do with what we have, Proventus." -Jarl Balgruuf the Greater (To Proventus Avenicci)
‘’My heart goes out to them. If only our coffers were deeper, I could protect them as they were my own family.’’ -Jarl Laila Law-Giver
‘’First we’ll need to refill our coffers and stockpile stone and wood. The war took a heavy toll on Windhelm’s resources.’’ -Jarl Brunwulf Free-Winter
‘’There was love between our families. For generations. Now, there is only enmity.’’ -Bergritte Battle-Born
‘’Aye, we used to be fast friends, though it was long ago.’’ -Vignar Gray-Mane
8. Caused the Forsworn to be aggresive again.
The Forsworn were peaceful rulers when they ruled over Markarth. When the Stormcloaks came to reclaim ‘’their land’’, the Forsworn became aggresive again.
The Forsworn Kingdom was quite peaceful for those 2 years they were in power. -The Bear of Markarth
9. Cause of racism in Windhelm.
Ulfric does not only create, he also enforces racist policies.
Did you know it was Ulfrics decree that forbade us from living within the city walls? -Scouts-Many-Marshes I'm a dark elf and I live in Windhelm, so yes, I live in the Gray Quarter. You must be new around here, or you'd know they don't let my kind live outside that slum. -<Aval Atheron
10. Only protect Nords.
Only when Nords get attacked does Ulfric send aid. This is even proven by the dead Khajiit caravan at Steamcrag Camp and Refugees' Rest being overrun by trolls, with two carts burried under the snow. (Also further proving Ulfric’s racism)
‘’Whenever a group of marauders attacks a Nord village, Ulfric is the first to sound the horn and send the men. But a group of Dark Elf refugees gets ambushed? A group of Argonians or a Khajiit caravan? No troops. No investigation. Nothing.’’ –Brunwulf Free-Winter
11. Only care about themselves. Jarl Laila says when you first enter Riften that if a Dragon were to attack the city, and Riften falls, she should be saved instead of her people.
‘’If Riften should fall, it’s only right that its leader be spared.’’ -Jarl Laila Law-Giver
‘’It wasn’t enough that the College still stands, now the damnable Empire has Winterhold. I hope they all freeze to death.’’ -Jarl Korir
‘’Look around you. Winterhold is in this state because of those damned mages.’’ -Jarl Korir
‘’What’s there to tell? It’s mostly gone now, thanks to those damned mages in the College.’’ -Jarl Korir, about Winterhold
13. A fool as Jarl. Skald the Elder claims the Empire is to blame for the Dragons returning, and that if the Stormcloaks get rid of the Empire, the Dragons will leave. Needless to say, his claim is wrong, since Alduin needs to be slain for the Dragons to leave.
‘’As soon as we drive the Empire out of Skyrim, the dragons will vanish.’’ -Jarl Skald the Elder
14. Assassination attempt on a neutral Jarl.
The Stormcloaks try to assassinate Jarl Balgruuf, who is neutral in the Civil War, neither Imperial, nor Stormcloak. In Ulfric’s ‘’If you’re not with me, you’re against me’’ head, Balgruuf would be an enemy.
Take your pick. Dragons, Stormcloak assassins, ambitious and unscrupulous nobles... Sometimes I think his own children want him dead. And those are just the physical threats. Assaults on his sanity are another matter entirely. Every day, he deals with obsequious functionaries and incompetent bureaucrats. Sadly, I'm not allowed to eliminate them. Well, not yet, anyways. -Irileth
And if you think that Irileth lies about the Stormcloak assassins, she has taken down many would-be assassins.
...more than one would be assassin has met his end at the tip of my blade. -Irileth
15. Ulfric regretting the Rebellion
Possibly the best reason not to side with the Stormcloaks is that Ulfric regrets the rebellion. In fact, he even says it’s the fate of the rebellion to lose.
‘’Skyrim was betrayed, the blood of her sons spilled in doomed struggle against fate. And so in death, too late, I learn the truth – fed by war, so waxed the power of Alduin, World-Eater – wisdom now useless. By gods’ jest in this grim mist together snared, Stormcloak and Imperial, we wander hopeless, waiting for succor.’’ -Ulfric Stormcloak
Main Elder Scrolls Wikia goal(s)Edit
- Making sure that people realise that only things used by Bethesda or published by Bethesda should be used as lore on the wiki. (reference to the MK fanboying that's going on here) Note: I do not hate unconfirmed sources, nor MK (who writes most of them) I just hate the fact that fanon or fanfic gets treated as canon lore. (Or lore itself for that matter)
- Getting to know exactly how things work around here. (Despite being here for a decent amount of time I'm not ashamed to admit that some things are litterally unknown to me. Both in the lore as well as in editing. I have no clue if there's a page explaining how to post certain things, but I'm willing to learn.)
- Making sure that speculations get removed. (Though I may have [without realising it] added some speculations in the past I'm now focused on removing speculations.)
- Referencing articles. (Atvelonis has informed me that the referencing on the wiki is poor, I've made it a minor goal of mine to get more accurate references, or references in general.)
- Adding dialogue. (Should explain itself considering the condition of the wiki in terms of dialogue and conversations.)
- Dovesi Dran
If you want to know some lore on the Orcs that this wiki doesn't accept, feel free to continue.
- ↑ Racial description of The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- ↑ Racial description of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- ↑ Racial description of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- ↑ "Pact Pamphlet: Congratulations!"
- ↑ Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: Wild Regions
- ↑ Song of the Askelde Men
- ↑ "Betmeri" lore topic in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- ↑ Dialogue with Gulugash gra-Orguk
- ↑ The (Improved) Emperor's Guide to Tamriel: Northern Bangkorai and the Mountains
- ↑ Crimes of the Daggerfall Covenant
- ↑ Dialogue with Mog gro-Yggrub
- ↑ Before the Ages of Man
- ↑ Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: Aldmeri Dominion
- ↑ The True Nature of Orcs
- ↑ "Discerning the Transmundane"
- ↑ Father of the Niben