Hi guys! I've got something I'd like to share with you that we will benefit greatly from: UESP's EsoExtractData tool. This tool was created and developed by UESP's founder, Dave. He's recently explained to me how to use it and all credit goes to him. The reason behind this quick guide is the hard time I had following UESP's tutorial. While this is in no way criticism, I would like to simplify it so more people will be able to utilize this great tool.
The tool essentially allows you to unpack ESO's game files and access all the content inside of it—similar to a BSA unpacker but more complex. In this guide, I will simply show you how to access the files. The rest is up to you. Keep in mind that extracting all of ESO's content will require over 100gb of free space. Let's start!
- Download EsoExtractData from UESP.
- Create a folder somewhere on your PC and unzip the files.
- Start CMD (command prompt) by selecting its shortcut through the start menu. Alternatively, you can run it by using the Windows button+R command, typing cmd and pressing enter.
- Start EsoExtractData by entering:
- To start the extraction process and extract ESO's game.mnf file, enter
.\EsoExtractData.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\game.mnf" C:\output path
- If you own the game on Steam, use:
.\EsoExtractData.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\game.mnf" C:\output path
- This will start the extraction process into the output path you've specified. This can take a while, so keep that in mind.
- To extract the eso.mnf file, follow the same steps but change the input directory to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\eso.mnf"
- After about an hour of extracting (in my case) you've got access to all of ESO's content!