On Sunday, June 9 5:30PM Pacific Time (12:30AM UTC), Bethesda's E3 conference begins! This blog post will be updated covering the showcase live.
To find out when this is for your timezone, click here.
Links and Drops
- Tune into Bethesda's Twitch, YouTube, Mixer or Facebook to watch the livestream.
- There is also an official BE3 Discord.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Twitch Drops include five Ouroboros Crown Crates and a Clouded-Senche Leopard mount for ESO, delivered around and after June 10. More details (plus a sneak preview of the next part of the Season of the Dragon story) can be found here.
- PC/Mac players can earn these by linking your ESO account with your Twitch account, and logging in and watching the BE3 showcase on the Bethesda Twitch channel.
- As for console players, log into the game on June 9 between 3pm EDT and 11pm EDT and kill a single monster.
- For The Elder Scrolls: Legends, watch the showcase and you'll get an exclusive Moth Priest card back during this week.
A full list of streaming links can be found in the "What You Need to Know" article.
- The Elder Scrolls Online – the Quarter 4 DLC is called The Elder Scrolls Online: Dragonhold and will be set in Southern Elsweyr, and in August, there will be a dungeon-based DLC named The Elder Scrolls Online: Scalebreaker. More information can be found in this article.
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends – the next expansion is titled Moons of Elsweyr, and will be released on June 27. It will add over 75 cards, with Khajiit throughout all five Attributes, and new mechanics based on the moons. More information can be found in this article.
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades – the next update will include new jobs, jewelry system, solo Arena and a new dragon questline. The game will also be coming to the Nintendo Switch.
- And as a sidenote, Todd did mention that they are still working on TES VI (and Starfield).
- 5:30: First up was a lovely video celebrating the community all around the world, from devs to players, and a montage of the most recent Bethesda games, similar to last year.
- 5:33: Pete Hines came on stage introducing the showcase and what’s to come, and Todd Howard. Todd spoke about Fallout 76. He was open about receiving the criticism and its shaky start.
- 5:40: The Elder Scrolls: There's going to be a The Elder Scrolls: Blades update to introduce new jobs, jewelry, Arena and a dragon questline all coming tonight. Soon to come is PVP, visiting friend's towns, and the game itself will be coming to the Nintendo Switch. There is a trailer for this update.
- 5:44: Human NPCs are actually coming to Fallout 76, with a new questline. This means dialogue! Looking at the preview, it will be similar to previous Fallout games. Wastelanders is coming free to all players. If you are considering picking up Fallout 76, there will be a free trial tomorrow. Oh, and an actual 52-player Battle Royale, a game mode called Nuclear Winter.
- 5:48: Todd mentioned everything they mention tonight is pretty much free, but also that they are still working on Starfield and TES VI.
- 5:50: Tango introduced a game in which you must find out why people are vanishing in Tokyo, named Ghostwire. You will have to deal with dangerous spirits.
- 5:56: The Elder Scrolls: There was a little video of ESO players talking about the community and the passion for the game, a quick summary of The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr's story and then, the continuation of the Elsweyr trailer that ended on such a cliffhanger. Khamira and Abnur Tharn kick dragon butt, alongside the Breton necromancer. Sai Sahan arrives at the aftermath of the battle. You can watch the full cinematic trailer here. He will make an appearance in the next part of the Season of the Dragon, Dragonhold (coming in Q4). There will also be a dungeon DLC later in August called Scalebreaker.
- 6:05: ZeniMax have revealed something else they have been working on called Commander Keen. It's got a cool cartoon style set in space. This is a modern take on the original from the 90's which was by iD Software. It'll be released on mobile.
- 6:12: The Elder Scrolls: The Elder Scrolls: Legends next expansion is called Moons of Elsweyr. It will be available June 27th.
- 6:16: Rage 2 is getting some cheats, vehicles and more with a new expansion called Rise of Ghosts. And there's two new Wolfenstein games: Cyberpilot and Youngblood.
- 6:26: Chief Technology Officer for iD Software and Director of Publishing for Bethesda came on and talked about new technology changing the game industry, from "inventing" first-person shooters, to bringing mods to consoles. Then they announced something named Orion, a "breakthrough in streaming tech." Streaming games "would be faster and reduce the cost of streaming for both players and publishers."
- 6:33: We take a look at some Doom: Eternal footage. Shotgunning stuff, that kinda thing. It will be released November 22. Plus, a new multiplayer called "Battlemode," Slayer vs 2 player Demons.