The next Chapter for The Elder Scrolls Online has been released on all platforms! It is the second part of the "Season of the Dragon" story and continues on from The Elder Scrolls Online: Wrathstone which was released earlier this year. The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr takes place in Anequina, in the north of Elsweyr.
"The great northern city of Rimmen now lies under the control of the Usurper Queen Euraxia, and Elsweyr’s scattered defenders struggle to contend with her Euraxian legions and ever-growing undead army. To make matters worse, Dragons roam the skies above Elsweyr, forming a troubling alliance with the Usurper Queen.
In this epic story, you must work with both local and foreign allies to remove Euraxia from her seat of power and break her hold over Elsweyr."
The Land of the Khajiit
- 5 Can't-miss Experiences You Can Have Exploring Elsweyr – a breakdown of what the Chapter has to offer
- Discover Elsweyr & The Khajiit That Live There – designing the zone using places in the real world and depicting the Khajiiti culture
- Official Gameplay Trailer
The zone is dotted with Public Dungeons, World Bosses and Delves. The land itself includes grasslands, badlands, a giant canyon known as the Scar, and moon sugar fields, all drawing inspiration from places like West Africa, Thailand, India and Indonesia. Also prepare to meet the various breeds of Khajiit!
Dragons in Elsweyr
- Face False Gods In Sunspire, Elsweyr’s New Trial – Sunspire backstory and rewards
- Look To The Skies – Hunting Dragons In The Elder Scrolls Online – on Dragon Hunts and rewards
- Elsweyr Burns – Dragons In The Elder Scrolls Online – the design process behind the dragons and comparison to the ones in Skyrim
The opening of the Halls of Colossus has unleashed dragons, so be wary while you walk on warm sands as they can swoop down on you in world events known as Dragon Hunts. Dragon Hunts will differ from Dark Anchors, in that they won't spawn in the same place, and you'll have to chase after them if you want to battle one. However, “[...]it's extremely difficult to take one on alone. Note that by “extremely difficult,” we actually mean “almost impossible.”
In Sunspire, the zone's 12-player Trial, you will have to face off against three dragons and their followers who have different abilities as given by their master. Two of the dragons, Yolnahkriin and Lokkestiiz, answer to Nahviintaas, a golden dragon claiming to be an Avatar of Alkosh. There are those who refuted his claim and were enslaved as punishment. It falls to you and your group to liberate them and take down the dragons. Be warned, for you are no Dragonborn, and defeating the dragons will require varying strategies.
The Necromancer Class
- Don’t Get Caught! Necromancy In The Elder Scrolls Online – lore on Necromancy, and getting up to Necromancer shenanigans discreetly
- Developer Deep Dive – Necromancer Class – a video on the design and playstyle of the class
Watch out if you choose to play as a Necromancer in the Second Era, especially after the whole business with Mannimarco and Molag Bal. NPCs around you will react if they see you do anything so obviously necromantic, some with fear, some with aggression. It will count as a crime and be reported.
The Necromancer class has three unique Skill Lines, each with five new Active Abilities, four Passive Abilities, and one Ultimate; Grave Lord is damage oriented, Bone Tyrant is tanking oriented, and Living Death is healing oriented.
Update 22 is a base-game patch for all ESO players. You do not need to purchase the new Chapter. New features include:
- Guild Finder Tool – leaders of a guild can list their guild in the Guild Finder, and players looking to join a guild can access this menu, browse various guilds and apply to one they like.
- Weapon Artifacts in Cyrodiil – Volendrung, a Weapon Artifact, will spawn anywhere on the map. Once you pick it up, you will be granted some new abilities. Such a weapon granted by the Daedric Prince of Madness is a fickle thing, so be sure to feed it Alliance Points or face the consequences.
- Elsweyr Editions & Pre-purchase Rewards – see what rewards you will get upon launch if you pre-purchased, and the different editions of Elsweyr that are available
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr & Update 22 Now Live on All Platforms – release announcement article, and how to travel to Elsweyr
To get to the new zone, use the Rimmen Wayshrine, or go to the Collections UI to pick up the first main quest. Also note that The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Digital Upgrade and The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Digital Collector's Edition are now no longer available in the ESO Store or Steam, but is now in the in-game Crown Store as a DLC item.
And lastly, Creative Director Rich Lambert has written a letter celebrating the work that went into the Chapter and the support of the players.