As of August 12, The Elder Scrolls Online: Scalebreaker, a new dungeon DLC pack for The Elder Scrolls Online, is now officially released alongside Update 23 on PC/Mac! For Playstation 4 and Xbox One, this will be released on August 27.
Scalebreaker comes with two 4-player dungeons: Lair of Maarselok and Moongrave Fang. While these are a part of the Season of the Dragon storyline, players can still enjoy both dungeons without having already completed The Elder Scrolls Online: Wrathstone and The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr.
Scalebreaker can be purchased in the in-game Crown Store for 1500 , and is free for all ESO Plus members. The Collector's Bundle, which includes the DLC game pack, a mount, pet and Crown Experience Scrolls, is available for 4000 .
When you enter one of the two dungeons, you'll receive a free Dread-Aurelian Mask. When you complete both you'll earn a unique tablet collectible which allows you to unlock another wing in the Hall of the Lunar Champion home!
- Lair of Maarselok
- With the help of an unlikely duo you might have already encountered in Valenwood, delve into the Lair of Maarselok and stop his corruption from spreading further into the wildlife. Good luck, because Maarselok will need to be defeated in three different boss fights! If you succeed, rewards include new Achievements, Mementos and Furnishings plus new gear sets. Check out this article to read more about rewards and what you'll discover in this dungeon.
- Moongrave Fane
- In this dungeon, not only must you fight through monsters and vampires, but there is also a puzzle to solve. "Moongrave's sliding stones are a unique puzzle mechanic we developed for the Dungeon, but they are more than just a door-opening mechanism," explains Mike Finnigan, ESO's Dungeon Lead. Loot includes powerful gear sets from bosses and furnishings plus a pet if you earn the Moongrave Fane Challenger Achievement. Check out the dungeon's preview article for more information.
Update 23 is a free base-game patch for all ESO players. Notable changes and improvements include:
- Undaunted Keys and Merchants – Undaunted Keys are now a currency and will no longer take up inventory space. These can be directly spent at the three Undaunted quest givers.
- Multi-Crafting – Crafting, deconstructing, extracting and refining at Crafting Stations no longer have to be performed one at a time.
- Guild Trader Multi-Bidding – Guild Leaders may now place bids on up to ten Guild Traders every week. Bids that are not won are refunded, and only the highest winning bid will apply.
- The Season of the Dragon Continues with Scalebreaker and Dragonhold – announcement article
- Scalebreaker and Update 23 Preview – preview article
- Scalebreaker DLC Game Pack & Update 23 Now Live on PC/Mac – release article
- Scalebreaker First Look – tour the dungeons with the ESO Dungeon Lead and Senior Writer