"Little remains truly unknown if one seeks far enough."
Have a question, comment, or concern? Just want to chat? Click the "leave message" button and speak your mind; I'll reply on your talk page as soon as I am able.
If I leave you a message on your talk page and you reply there, I may not see it; please reply on my talk page so that I am notified.
Don't forget to end your messages with four tildes (~~~~) so I know who you are. Happy editing!
Im trying to figure out when my reset for my badge is. Does it do day wise, or 24 hours from when it gets a number added? or does it do that and then also end at a set time on top?
Also, hav eyou given the badge idea a though?
Re: Dremora (Blades) Edit
Thank you for explaining the badge thing. In fact, you went well beyond what I would have expect. So much makes sence.
Yeah, I am not here for me. I have goals and am here to do some things, but I am just trying to help. I saw game guides and apretiate how just how usefull and how much work goes into it. But it's not about the want. It's just nice to be able to give back, to help on a comunity.
As for effiecient staff, um, there are issues that handled. Some people are just making problems by not thinking and being lazy. There might be an edit number goal issue going on where it needs to be toned down so qualtiy can be worked on (the lack of it causes many, many issues, especially in the efficientcy department) and some time to think before delving in and racking up the edit numbers. In fact, some things would be much, much more effecient by some people just not doing anything at all some of the time. I don't know if it counts as badge hunting or anything, but it is causing allot of time spent and some wasted.
Yeah, you are awesome and you just eminate professionalism. It makes sence and I'm glad there is a criteria for name choices.
- I'm not jsut reverting his edits, what I am trying to do, is take in the information, and edit it. He is just reverting everything. It is not teaching, and that counter productive. Look how the cat master handled it. He actually editided. What do you think I was trying to do? I was trying to edit like him and learn. The other guy is juswt deleting and being lazy and rude. I'm not trying ot win. I'm asking for the crap to stop. The other guy was starting crap. I was trying to be lke the cat master, and I wasn't actually reverting, I was just not copying and pasting everyithng because my internet sucks.
- There is a difference between trying to edit, and someone just trying to delete everything.
- It's not the same thing, and I'm tired of it. And how can I show I'm being productive when I can't improve and everything just gets deleted?
- What just trying to win, and make look unproductive is deleting stuff. That makes anything I do unproductive. Have you seen how much more productive I am without the trouble maker? I'm only unproductive when that guy edits mys stuff, becuase he does it in a way that makes my efforts unproductive.
- His actions make it look like an edit war, because I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm a noob and he taking advantage of you, and me by doing things in a way and abusing experience that makes me look like the the troublesome one, when in in reality I am not doing anything I am being accused of.
- He is very sneaky and lazy and handled. It may deefinition of an edit war, but I am not, it just looks like it because I'm green and deleting everything like that is reverting.
- I will ask you, how many times do I just edit and not just revert, but improve upon what is going on. Him reverting it and ereasing everything and me editing and improving upon what I was writing is not me undoing his work or reverting it. Physically, that button may be pressed at times on my end once or twice as a shortcut for not reverting, but what does he do. Just revert and erevert and revert everything I do. I edit, he reverts, I edit, he reverts. I don't revert his work, I edit my own work. I wasn't the only person editing his work? Why Because the cat master and I were editing while he was reverting.
- I improved rapidly on my edits.
- He just reverted and reverted.
- He is attacking me and trying to cause bullying.
- I didn't revert changes, I took the feed back and edited, he reverted.
- I did not edit war because I do not fit the definition of edit waring. I was editing and improving upon critism. He was reverting. See he reverts, I edit. I'm edit waring, only him.
- He is the one trying to win. He's trying to trick all of you. If he wins your just fools. Do not let the bullying he is trying to promote turn you into his pupet. His behavior is uneceptable and unbecoming of a staff memeber. By him, I am not talking about cat master.
- Please, see my blog. It has it all doccumented. I was editing and improving, he was reverting. You can also observe that
- And gues who also has to edit waring if your right? Cat master. He has to edit waring agaisnt the other guy, becuase he like me, was trying to actually edit. The other guy is not being productive and it would nice if he was bared for editing my stuff and let other people do it, because he not helpfull and possibly edit number hunting. He would be so much more productive and make me more proficient with less, not more.
- I have been patient. I have tried to comunicate to some people. I have let peoples edits and changes contradict themselves.
- And of course what he is trying to do is win. The reasons he gives make no sence and he always contradicts himself, who wins?
- I am tired of this. For example. You guys sided with him. Gues what you guys probably done. Probably, you've encouraged him to go remove my edits on dremora. Why is this probably the case? Because why now. The could have been removed before? I didn't think that was why until I started to connect the dots. I bet wasn't reprimanded for starting an edit war with a new user and having all the blame on that person.
- Why can't you see he just manipulating you. This is a game to these typse of people and they get encouraged.
- Everytime I'm on, he pesters and causes problems. This isn't just trolling you are being manipulated. Please fix this. Because he is making life miserable and hurting the comunity. He just knows how to make me look bad.
- I spend hours on stuff and I have to rewrite it, then I get fatigued, and It doesn't look so good, then I get critism which is not what the real issue is. It is degrading. And he has been doing this for a while.
- What he is doing is targeting me because noobish enough to be made to look a certain way. But I only look that way because I am being tampered with and harrassed and manipulated (and if you get tricked you too).
- I just look a certain way. It a missunderstanding almost certainly, allot of the times, intentionly caused by you know who (not cat master) and he needs to be dealt with.
- You don't blame the noob when the staff starts an edit war. You blame the staff because they are setting the example. You don't let someone with the experience get away with it because it's too easy for the experienced to, like with a witch hunt, make the new person look bad when they are not.
- That is why the people with the power and authority have more responsibility, and when something goes bad, and they didn't steer it away, they get trouble. That is why we do it that way and not the noob gets introuble because they have less of a postion, becuase one order allows abuse and is unproductive, while the other makes certain that people are doing things properly.
- Becuase if I can properly defend myself and I still get in toruble because of authority over being right, what you foster and breed is not a productive, efficient system, but one medievil and of power positioning and you attract people who are interested in attacking people becuase they havent reached a critical point where the seniority can't have power over someone.
- There is a reason why systems that don't just have the winner be the person in power or have authority are called efficient, and the ones are medievil in nature.
- It's not about he a is a patroller or a staff in this way, it's who's right if he's abusing his power, because if you encourage this behavior, you are not going to have efficient comunity. Just look at me. I have lost productvity because incompetence and improperly conducted staff with choices that are not the right ones.
- Besides you can't have it be the noobs resposnisbility to earn trust or look a certain way. That isn't how human nature works. People form cliuqes and the people with power win. And then you have inifecient systems.
- Now I have all these thoughts and understanding. What does the other person do? kills productuctivity because he starts and edit war (but I was not edit waring and was trying not to engage in that manner).
- What do you think is going to happen to this comunity if you encourage that? New people are going to have my problems, and they won't put up with it and leave. I allready had these thoughts yesterday, and read your posts today.
- But if all he needs to do is behave in edit warring manner and I get in trouble automatically, what do you think this person is goin to do? Some people aren't interseted in being helpfull Atvelonis, some people are attracted to different things than I am, and you. This is why the person who has the right argument wins wheahter they are noobs or not, because it doesn't help anyone if we don't do it that way because human nature. I am never going to be the one who looks good if the system. No cliques no been here long enough you bully anyone you want now (and they pick the most productive- becuase that's how it works).
- Watch my productivity soar again without this abuse from that guy. One a day because I can't stand this. I'm tired, and upset because of this guys' behavior.
- I'm not the problem here, he is just experienced enough to look better. That is all it is. He looks better. He's not productive. He kills all my productivity. There are ways to handle things, doens't do any of the right ones. He could not do anything at all, and he would helpful, I would learn.
- I can not learn about the formal tone (and I look bad) if the constructive editors can't edit my work and show me how to do it (but iI eventually did anyway somehow- atleast in part).
- See it was an edit war the second I was improving, because this person is perdatory, not helpfull.
- ANd why can't I edit the posts and prove myself? Becuase it is about image. It's not real. Soem people's incompetence is causing false appearances, and if it continues, this fandom will eventually have problems.
- He needs to be handled.
- I'm disapointed
- I expected more. I shouldn't have to point out the difference between editing your own stuff and reverting someone elses edit, I'm just a noob.
- Drama free? No it's not. We have edit war because of a staff memeber who deletes stuff over and over again.
- I didn't come here for drama. I cam ehere to help and all this person does is kill productivity. Whenver any one else handles things, it's always better, but this guy, all he does is caus problems.
- Please fix it, or at least bar him from 'helping' me. Because when he's not involved, things work better they just do. Trust me. He is not productive.
- Not to mention, even in that wart, I was productive. I even managed to be productive in that situation. I improved edits, I improved myself, I figured things out, I pointed things out.
- I want to let you know that some of my decision were based off of not knowing that talk page items could be deleted. I didn't know that. So I had offencsive stuff that I couldn't fix, so I did things away from personal messages in consideration of other's feelings. I wasn't being unprofesional, I was putting something that could be removed oposed to not (though I found out differently later).
- See? Allot of what's goingon is missunderstanding. Allot that may seem like I am missbehaving is actually me trying to be benevolent despite being upset. I only look a certain way because I have verry little grasp of the crontrolls, and it's hard to learn when fatigued all the time because this is too much a negative experienced because of drama from inefecient choices from others, that has going on for a long time.
- The problem is apperence and missunderstanding, and the vets can manipulate that at will. I would not put in the effort if I wasn't trying to help.
- And I'm not trying to win, I'm trying to improve. But as I said with noobs and the critical point before those who have been around a while loosing the power over the person, I'm going to attract people who are trying to win in a desperate attempt to effect me before I am not so easily manipulatable in apperance. This is human nature, this is life. I was not doing anything wrong. I don't even know how to opperate this that well yet, so forgive me if I use the undo button as a short cut for copying and pasting to then edit that and improve my work. I'm not edit warring or trying to win, I'm just new and am actually trying to be as benevolant as possible- the goal is to go beyond a normal human in that end.
- What you have is a case of gaming the system (on the part of only any of the people who actually have enough experience to be capable of it).
- I am a victem of that. I'm not doing anything wrong, I just can only flounder with any attempts to do any of the advanced stuff or to make things better. I hope you understand.
- I'm having an issue and I need your helpl. I feel like I'm being set up. I am trying to put info that is missing by copying and pasting it from history, but it doesn't come out right, so the only way is to undo peoples revisions (by that I mean physically fix press the button- not what I'm trying to do) and copy and past them.
- I tried explaining that this information is necisary but these people are not interseted in being encycolpedic or helpfull, they are interested in making me look bad by setting me up to fix something they messe up. I'm tired of this. This is bullying and it needs to stop.
- They deleted vital info and I'm afraid to fix it because of what happened before, and I don't need him to start another edit war. Can you please fix it?
- I understand he is following the rules, but a lot of the decisions he makes is what causes the issues you have with me. I have more work to do (that you guys try to edit) and it causes issues. It is going to be the same with every new user, and it most certainly tires people out.
- I'm not saying it's a policy following issues -well he did he did create an edit war and no, I I am sure that if he is edit warring I can ignore that and be productive and follow the policies. there also another editeor, and while the other guy was being productive and helping me edit and learn, he just deleted and deleted. If the cat master can undo an edit, he is also a person of power I can follow- it's that sometimes the choices he chose are the wrong ones that cause issues that I have filled pages expressing to some people.
- I wasn't disobeying one person, there two people handling things in different way, and I followed the constructive, editing path. I was reverting, I was editing, even if technically I noobishly use controls to physically pull certain levers (for not doing what they were for) to get passed slow internet.
- I never actually disobeyed an editor, there were two conflicting things going on, and he was causing caos and confusing and turning a learning session into something unproductive.
- You can't say the whole thing was unproductive, because I improved a drastic amount in such a short time. What was unproductive was a choice that snuffed out learning and creates a situation where someone always has an issue because learning is stripped. Just let me edit over and over and over again until I learn if you don't want to put the work in.
- Sometimes going to fast is not helpful, and people with massive amounts of edits aren't necisarilly better.
- I am a classic example, I'm still a noob, but I have a thousand edits. Why? Well I wasn't being unproductive- I did many people's worth of work, but it was repetitive and I don't get to learn. Conversely, people who doing lot's of edits quickly, might not be so helpful.
- And I will tell you the whole combination of things leading to an edit war from him should be no surprise because groups of things are often associated in big chunks.
- You say things like someone does a lot of work and that makes him look good, that's encouraging. But I can rack up thousands and thousands of edits too, but luckily I monitor what types of loads of edits because I need to work on quality.
- Why do you think I learned so drastically, and wasn't able to learn for a long time?
- Because during that period there was actually allot of productive work going on, while unconstructive nonsense was happening.
- I think it's missing the point to say I wasn't obliging by what he said, and also missing what I was actually doing.
- Like instead of just deleting everything, there are better ways to handle everything. I'm sure it's within the policies, but problems are problems, and it's really, really annoying. If this happens, new people are going to have my problems, and old people will get burned.
- Being in a leadership position, I think you understand why it so important for your sergeants to make good decisions, and you can't always just side with power or who has authority. It is so very important to be able to realize when they are causing problems and not the noob. It does not benefit you or anyone to get it wrong. If he can do no wrong because he has loads of edits, you're never going to fix the problem, and your probably going to get the issues that happened.
- Remember when I was talking about deletionists What if I told you starting an edit war is no surprise for that and lots and lots of quick edits- and not understanding things that have to be explained. Last time I mentioned this, I mentioned an issue- that's what I was doing. This crap is what is caused this issue.
- This second issue didn't come out of the blue. You had the warning signs- or whoever I told, and another issue came.
- No, this needs to be taken seriously, last time the importance of deletions as a solution to everything leading to problems was not solved, a staff member started an edit war why another was being productive.
- I wasn't disobeying anything, I had to choose, and I didn't choose, the policies and intent of the fandom are clear, I just obeyed the rules. One person wasn't following the rules, so I just followed the lead of another, and edited rather than undo- with that person (staff- and following the intent of the wiki).
- I also want to point out, that while one person is following the bold print, the intent behind the print is most certainly not being followed.
- I also would like to know if I am supposed to follow the rules over those with power, or just do what I'm told. Is this like mideviel guards, or rule based power. I am not sure if they don't have power and they don't have to be obeyed if they are going against the Fandom.
- Luckily though, I didn't have to make the decision, and just followed one option (the productive one) rather than chose not to listen, however, it is important to clear this up.
- And what if they wiki lawyer and just go against the intent of the rules or the purpose of the fandom while following the bold print? What then?
Re: Enemies (Blades) Edit
I don't know how to do the moot thing, is I will just put why enemies for blades page is needed.
Mostly the chart. That is really, really needed, and someone is being very annoying and deleting obviously important information and needs pages upon pages of common sense written down. I am getting really tired of having to explain base level intelligence and common sense. It takes a lot of time to type, and allot to read.
The first reason, is, barring noobs who don't know enough yet, for who play blades and are skilled enough, it is so obvious and a cheat sheet or quick reference of all the enemies is just so easily knowable that these level of people don't even need it explained.
The second reason is that it is blades, not the other games, and blades works differently than the other games.
In the other games, it is mainly based off of player skill or preference how you would kill an enemy (except for maybe handling ranged and melee's differently), but in blades, each and every enemy and each armor and each weapon and each ability carries much more weight.
See, it is rock paper scissors, and every enemy can have a long, and unique, list of strengths and weaknesses, and there is a long list of enemies. In skyrim, a few enemies are invulnerable to certain elementals- and it is obvious-, and you can kill anything with lightning fire or ice. But in blades, a poison resistant enemy can't be set up into a death kata, and sometimes, the only way to live is to play 95% or more well or die. Or just have sucky time.
The other reason is that this is that internet searches are needed and many pages need to be opened and many sites, and often googling as stuff changes. It would be nice to have something that is good enough for me, then if people need less they can, but they can be a min-maxer too. ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` Basically it sums into this, in the other games, enemies page may be pointless, and unnecessary, perhaps redundant; in in Blades, it is not just helpful but vital, and the game really isn't meant to be played well without knowing all the info on the chart that these people/ some person deleted. And I can't revert it or it's against the rules? I don't understand why I can't edit some peoples edits. ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` I don't know weather said person/ people is/are just going too fast, is/are not smart, or is just trying to win. But when someone says stuff that that proves the other persons point at the level I put up with, that is likely what they are trying to do (pick a stance and argue for it). And it is not helpful, or productive, and they the cause the other person to have issues for everyone to deal with. You have to admit, some stuff has happened, and it's because people are just deleting hours work and other silly decisions they contradict without using their brain. It is not productive. It is the opposite of productive and I just wonder how many edits people like that have. Some the negatives and positives and do you have trouble or a good hard worker.
Look I know blades, and if they disagree, then that is from knowing less than me and being a casual player or being elitist and not wanting people to have access to charts and graphs. It's not matter of opinion, it's matter of experience. Info like this is here to teach you things you don't know yet.
Maybe someone wants to delete this page because after a while they basically proved they were wrong and they need a non contradicting reason to prove themselves.
Also, it's hard to see how useful that page is and skews it's necessity when certain info is deleted, almost as if someone is trying to win. That is really annoying. It looks more like it needs to be deleted because of choosing certain information not to delete. Ridiculous. That chart is vital for blades and it's hard to play the game on high levels without it.
Guess which info isn't deleted. It's time to question if lots of work or edits is a plus or minus. It doesn't matter if it follows the rules, disruptive is disruptive, degrading the quality of this fandom still is.
- I tried short first. Doesn't work, so then I explain in extreme detail, doesn't work. Rambling? It may seem that way, but explaining common sense is going to. It's really, really tough to not be able to explain things in sort words, but I am glad if some people can handle your desire. Thanks. The point was to show why people not thinking and just trying to win is a bad idea while also putting things into words and handling stuff. Maybe I am multidimensional in communication.
- Dutyclaus (talk) 03:37, December 10, 2019 (UTC)
Advisor program Edit
Hello! I'm Isaac, from Fandom's Editor Experience team. One project that we're excited about launching is an initiative to pair newly registered users with experienced advisors (which they can choose from). These advisors would be available for answering basic editing questions and guiding appropriate edits, in the hope that these users will become active in the local community.
Why do this, rather than rely on admins and moderators? We've seen from research and experience (from Wikipedia) that establishing a human bond with a peer "senpai" or mentor can have a better effect on the comfort of the newcomer, especially where the high volume of edits may cause the quick response of rollbacks rather than taking the time to walk new editors through their early work. While some communities do take that time and care among their leaders, we feel an additional level might put new users at ease and help them be more comfortable with editing. Ultimately, we feel like this project will either free up some time for admins and moderators, or designate them as approachable welcomers to talk to and guide new users. We want to see how effective this is on a relatively small number of communities and see if Fandom's results are consistent with those experienced on Wikipedia. If they are, we may pursue expanding the pilot program and perhaps seeking to build it into a core part of the new platform.
Here's what we would wish for your community to agree to:
- At least one volunteer advisor, acting as an advisor and advocate helping newcomers. For the most part, this means responding to questions that newcomers leave the advisor in Discussions. Sometimes this may mean the advisor interacts with admins and moderators to address concerns regarding the newcomer. We have some advisors-at-large (those not tied to the local community, but available as fallbacks) already, but if you have ideas on who you might want to represent you in this role (or if you'd like to do so yourself!), feel free to contact me on my Wall or this thread.
- Discussions / Feeds. Your community must have this active for the current solution to work. This is the primary method in which advisors have open communication with the users that choose them.
- A change to your Welcome Messages to allow a method where a newcomer can choose an advisor. As you are currently participating in the MyDashboard program, there will be a card there to interact with an advisor.
We are testing this for the next two months, and will see what the future of the program is thereafter. Is this a program you would feel comfortable with placing on your community? — FishTank (wall) 22:54, November 22, 2019 (UTC)
- There are multiple goals of the program, but one is to involve peers in the advisor process. We're giving more priority to interested non-administrators and non-moderators who are experienced editors. I would love to see some local advisors as well, as we're trying to avoid using our Wiki Managers and other staff in the advisor roles. The advisors (including the advisors-at-large) should be able to answer the basic questions even using Feeds; part of this experiment and pilot involves a variety of communities, including those that don't use Feeds all that frequently. Much like how Discord is a separate service not directly related to editing, part of seeing how well Feeds meets the communication needs is built into the system we're trying. Inheritance Wiki has a Dashboard and the Advisor program. There are possibly scenarios in which advisors and newcomers can have private conversations, but we wish to avoid that in the pilot program and would rather have open and transparent conversations where others can intervene if the advisor is not immediately available. — FishTank (wall) 02:47, November 25, 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, just to let you know, I've made a blog here to gather thoughts on this program (from participants and others).
- There's also an in-progress set of guidelines with a pledge for advisors.
- An update on the advisor program.
- We've looked at the numbers and the project didn't give us the results we were hoping for. There just wasn't the boost in edits we wanted, and the number of users who followed though after choosing an advisor was very low.
- On the other hand, it was an idea that was generally liked by admins on the test wikis and we got some great feedback on the process. We also think there's potential for something similar on the UCP, so we want to look into that.
- This means we are going to wind down the project for now. We will leave it available to you, and add the set-up instructions to the Dev Wiki for other wikis to try. But it won't generally get updates and specific staff support.
- It's a shame, we had high hopes for this, but it just didn't work out as hoped.
- So it's up to you whether you are going to keep the feature or not. If you want to, then you don't need to do anything. The code will remain in place and work as before, and there will still be "at-large" advisors to help out.
- If you decide to opt out, just let us know and we'll reverse the changes we made.
- Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.
Hi, I wish adds several pages but he miss a lot of layouts like style or item list and everything are locked and without correct layout I don’t know which layout choose.
he doesn’t have proper section for add a lot of things.
i have read the help topic but wasn't enouph because everything is lock anyway lol .
what can i do for help out ?
- I am assuming that you responded to this person request. I would also like same information. If you did it should be a simple matter of copy and paste your response.Dr Xenno (talk) 18:22, May 8, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Image licensing Edit
Creation Club Edit
I got to it too late to comment in the official CT thread, but I have to agree with your take at Thread:1037359. I don't think it matters much that Bethesda authorized this stuff and a few of their own people worked on some of the releases. They're just paid mods. They're not canon, and the vast majority of players will never use them. Given that a few players will treat them as "a continuity" with some faint level of authenticity/officialness, it's reasonable to have a single page here for them as a group, with brief summaries, but a TES mods wiki is the real place for individual pages on them. And 1000+ free mods via Nexus, etc., are generally much more deserving of coverage at such a wiki than almost all CC mods. I know I wouldn't spend any time writing about CC stuff. Much less the money. Expecting staff or volunteer editors to pay to verify is too much for a project like this. — Darklocq ☎ ¢ 08:37, February 18, 2020 (UTC)
- I have to disagree. Betheda did approve them. yes, they are paid mods. However if nobody has the information on these Creation clubs (for future reference will be CC). wiki is suppose to be the go too for all information. If I had to jump through 12 different sites to find the information I need. I will spend more time doing research and less having fun. Maybe that is fun for some, but I personally would prefer to go to one source and trust it to be correct. Will a lot of people over look the CC, more then likely. I did spend the time to edit a page to include a few of the CC. It was immediately reverted and all work was lost. This kind of attitude make Volunteer editors not want to volunteer their time to edit and undermines the value.Dr Xenno (talk) 00:33, May 8, 2020 (UTC)
Undiscovered moonstone Edit
Hi this is random but I managed to find something not on this site. It's a moonstone vein in shadowgreen cavern that's only accessible if you drop down from a ledge. After killing the sprigans and bear at the top of the cavern and getting the helmet I went across the bridge and picked the locked chest. From there I dropped down intending to fall in the water but I fell on a second ledge that had moonstone ore and a skeleton on it! Thanks for all you contributions to the site Coreyishere007 (talk) 02:55, March 22, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Foreman's ComplaintEdit
I haven't found any reliable record of Foreman's Complaint on the net. Based on how few hits there are, my theory is the following:
- Pre 2016: It only existed in the game's data files but it wasn't accessible within the game itself.
- 2016: With the Orsinium DLC they repurposed the text and made a few changes and put it into the game as Quarry Overseer's Complaint.
So I think it should be deleted, but if you want to keep old datamined content around, just leave it in the removed content category.
Wiki structure Edit
Hey, I had some questions about structuring wiki pages. I've been a longtime fan of this page and needed some help with a wiki for a card game. Did you make the structure of TESWiki?
Thanks in advance
Hi, so I attempted to edit the journal in, in the quest page- "Lysandus' Revenge" using your guidelines. Please give a heads up on whether it works, or if there's something I'm missing. The help and directions are much appreciated, which I was in dire need of.
RE: Creation Club Edit
My personal preference would be the third option; with individual pages to document the content as much as possible, and provide the people seeking information with all the content that they'd want to know. The argument that there are few people who'd add CC content is fair, but at the same time, that same argument can be used for ESO and its expansions, which are still greatly lacking in terms of content. That doesn't mean we should limit the amount of pages that can be added for those expansions, and neither should it be that way for CC.
Of course, given that that option is a lot to ask for, the second option would be a good replacement of sorts, depending on how the content gets documented. If, say, a list of items is made for CC content like we did with The Elder Scrolls: Blades, it would cover the basics, such as weight, value, etc. but without having to detail where said items can be found.
I just generally think that, as a wiki of the franchise, we shouldn't put restrictions on people who want to add things from said franchise to the wiki.
- In terms of formatting, I'd reckon it should be similar to what we do already for items. Perhaps the less significant items could be organized into a list, but imo, things like armor, weapons, NPC's, books, etc. should have their own pages, such as what was done for Oblivion and Morrowind's smaller expansions. Examples like Drothmeri Recruit, Ward of Akavir, and many others which I can't think of from the top of my head.
- The big problem that CC has is that, as far as I'm aware, very few editors actually own the content, and even fewer members of Staff do.
- Blademaster Jauffre (talk) 20:18, May 9, 2020 (UTC)
- Provided I had access to a computer which is able to run Skyrim smoothly, I'd probably have bought a fair share of the Creation Club content by now. I'm personally relatively open-minded to adding the content, since my previous wiki goals have largely been finished.
- Blademaster Jauffre (talk) 11:04, May 10, 2020 (UTC)
- Just out of curiosity. Is the Ingredients page copyright information? I am trying to create my own page for the Rare Curios ingredients. So my question is... Am I going to piss off Wiki if I make a separate page with all the ingredients for Skyrim and manage it myself? Dr Xenno (talk) 06:08, May 14, 2020 (UTC)
I attempted to update the information about a very rare in game pet for ESO called a Kwama Scrib pet. Also erroneously referred to as a cronie scrib. The picture I provided you is an accurate depiction of this pet. You marked it as a duplicate photo. The cronie page is in need of a picture. The information that I provided to you is accurate. This item is only available as a digital dlc code from a rare item that was only available for purchase at SDCC 2014; The Fighters Guild Akavari figure from Symbiote studios. If you need any more information about this please let me know. Thanks again. —This unsigned comment is by Soldierwelsh (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Re: Greymoor Edit
Hey Atvelonis, unfortunately I won't be able to. I've decided to stop playing ESO because the way I've been treated by ZOS and the constant bugs and nuisances the game suffers from. I hope you'll soon find someone who can add those book images. If I ever decide to give another go at the game I will let you know. I really want to thank you (and of course the others as well) for all the support you've given me. Take care and have fun!
- you are welcome you are too kind as well :)
- did you blok me?
- ok so how do i get badges than?
RE: Greymoor Edit
Hello Atvelonis, thank you for contacting me about the Greymoor content! <3
Sadly I don't own Greymoor myself yet so we have the same trouble with book locations on the Russian part of the Wiki lol I did my research on this special Greymoor book just because it mentions Moricar and I write about Longhouse Emperors now.
We're slowly adding all Greymoor content (in Russian) too, so when it comes to books be sure that if I'll get any information about a book which is missing here I'll add it :)
Wiki Home Page ESO Expansion Edit
Hi, I noticed that the wiki Home Page is still featuring Elsweyr as ESO's latest expansion. I can't edit it since I'm a user, but I think it should be either changed to Greymoor or that the "latest expansion" should be reworded. Thanks.
- Thanks! I'll see what I can help out. I'm also planning on expanding Fennorian's and Svana's pages since they are one of the major characters in Greymoor.
Just finished the archives, which you can find here and here. Some of the formatting is inconsistent, though for the most part I kept it as it was for history's sake rather than change it (which bugged my minor OCD a bit lol). Also found some Timeoin nominations from years ago; a number of them were pretty weak, but I still added most to the nominations pages and I'll vote on them in a bit. Been a few years since we nominated anything, though, so I might do some looking around.