"Little remains truly unknown if one seeks far enough."
Have a question, comment, or concern? Just want to chat? Click the "leave message" button and speak your mind; I'll reply on your talk page as soon as I am able.
If I leave you a message on your talk page and you reply there, I may not see it; please reply on my talk page so that I am notified.
Don't forget to end your messages with four tildes (~~~~) so I know who you are. Happy editing!
Hello, Sorry to bother, but would it be possible for me to create a new profile if this one would be disabled? I haven't yet made it, wanted to ask first. Thank you in advance.--Prophecy of the Urine (talk) 15:28, February 3, 2018 (UTC)
- yeah, kinda used that card once before so that is not an option anymore. But I'll give a holla with new profile when it's done.--Prophecy of the Urine (talk) 20:42, February 3, 2018 (UTC)
Lore Creatures template
For I while I wanted to make a Lore Creatures template, for lore pages on the different creatures and enemies throughout the games. So this would include stuff like Deers, Scamps, and even Bandits. I created something like a prototype. I'm having a hard time coming up with stuff for the template so I want to get your opinion, say what I should keep, add, or remove, and then give me help on how to make these templates. Here are five examples I made.
- Similar Creatures
- Bull Netch.png
These are just examples. I did five to try and cover each type of creature. Let me know what you think and give me a tutorial or redirect to something on creating templates. Thanks! --Vincentius1 (talk) 02:15, February 7, 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for all the information. I can't do it right now, I'll probably try it out tomorrow since I don't have school. I also have a suggestion for the template. I think using type like that would be the same as using the name variable. I want to use the template for any creature in general, so for the Bear page for example. If there was a specific bear or whatever, then I'd just use the lore characters page since, same with a Dragon for another example like Odahviing. I still think that type should be used for the environment. --Vincentius1 (talk) 21:53, February 7, 2018 (UTC)
- Just my two septims, but I would avoid types or categories that are ambiguous such as "mystical." What is or isn't an animal or a daedra is clear cut, those are good. I would even go as far as to limit humanoid to those that are not man or mer: giants and the like and refer corsairs as type "Man". DaBarkspawn (talk) 01:01, February 9, 2018 (UTC)
I've decided to resign, so please take my Patroller rights off now. I apologize for the possible inconvenience. I'm not sure if I'll be active again but I'll do my best to put in a few edits if or when I can still. - Kora Stormblade (talk) 23:25, February 18, 2018 (UTC)
Thank for the advice. I actually noticed that when I realized I could put the link behind a word like: a shop. Takes some time to get used to in what format everything needs to be, but I'll get there. Now I try to learn more like those dia-boxes and hiw to hide different listings.--The Norrisine (talk) 18:19, February 20, 2018 (UTC)
Someone placed an inappropriate image of a naked man in the Severin Manor gallery. It's pretty graphic and so I'm hoping someone can delete it, I'm not sure how to do it myself and it scared me pretty bad while I was trying to research some stuff haha.
It's title is: Open . jpg and was posted by user Evilsonic131
What is the correct pronunciation for "Atvelonis"?
Ever since I found your profile on here, I wanted to know how to correctly pronounce the username for your profile, because I just can't seem to concentrate well without some answers.NuclearGamingFusion (talk) 00:12, March 3, 2018 (UTC)
Re: Re: Falmer Audio File Rips
Hey there. Thank for your response. Unfortunately, I don't have the game on me, nor the currency to purchase it, in order to access its files. If you or someone who has the game and knows how to access the audio files would be willing to retrieve them, I'd greatly appreciate it. There's no deadline on the project(s), but the sooner I can get them the better. Much appreciated. 184.108.40.206 06:26, March 3, 2018 (UTC)
- I greatly thank you and the admins of this wiki for helping me out with these audio files. The best place to upload them would be on MediaFire or Mega. Btw, is there a PayPal or some place I can donate in exchange for your guys' help? This good deed shouldn't go unrewarded. ;) 220.127.116.11 00:21, March 4, 2018 (UTC)
- Just got them all downloaded and converted to the proper file formats. I truly cannot thank you all enough for this. Take care! 18.104.22.168 22:24, March 4, 2018 (UTC)
Advice for a comrade.
Creating New Pages
I'm not very good when it comes to new page creation when it comes to red links. I feel like I'm going to choose the wrong template or just make a terrible mess. I was going to go through all of the crafting styles for ESO, but they are all red links.
I was wondering if either you could either create the pages for me to go in and edit with the styles I have unlocked, or if you could explain how I go about creating the page myself properly.
Ienith/Ieneth Ancestral Tomb
Hi Atv, yes I know it's different but in Online:Morrowind it's truly and surprisingly spelled Ieneth. You can check it in achievement printscreen from Ancestral Tombs Hunter.
Unused Legends images
Hello, Atvelonis. I've been looking for images in game files and found some pictures. They don't seem to be used anywhere in the current game. These files are collectively called "avatar_rectangle", so I believe those are some unused player avatars. It's presumptuous to simply add them to articles, so I wanted to ask you what to do with them. Should I add them? --DreamSoulshine (talk) 17:35, March 18, 2018 (UTC)
It's nothing noticeable, until you really notice it. But the "silver squares" on Rexus' skirt? Those are not in the default game, at least, not on any Soldier I've seen, not even on Rexus, and I only play vanilla. That's why I presume it's modded.
- No problem.
A Bug, But I Am Not Sure What Page It Goes On
The bug manifests by going back to a clearable zone that the DB has already cleared. Enter and then call up the map. At the door it will say "Skyrim (cleared)" which clearly can't be true. DaBarkspawn (talk) 04:35, March 26, 2018 (UTC)
- Done! http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/index.php?title=Locations_%28Skyrim%29&diff=2629206&oldid=2607487 . DaBarkspawn (talk) 14:48, March 26, 2018 (UTC)
I was telling a user to back off of a talk page message when I couldn't find an official talk page policy. Do we have one? I'm sure it's just labeled as something else, but I want to find out nonetheless. Thanks.
- Thanks. I didn't see that XD
New Card Images
I just found out that Bethesda changes the frame of all cards, which means that editors will have to make a whole bunch of new card images. I want to ask how to do it - should we place all the old images to the gallery, or simply replace old ones with the new?--DreamSoulshine (talk) 18:07, March 27, 2018 (UTC)
- Hello, I'm going to give my opinion. We should replace the old ones except if the card art or card name is different. --Rupuzioks (talk) 18:10, March 27, 2018 (UTC)
It's nothing for, really. I found it in Legends files. It was the same as another image on this site, so I though it was hilarious that DireWolf used it as a placeholder and wanted to show it to people in chat. I don't need it anymore. File:Biter.png File:Skeeverplacehold.png --DreamSoulshine (talk) 09:35, March 28, 2018 (UTC)
Integrating Talos Enantiomorph Into The Tiber Septim or Talos Page
Hey, Atvelonis. I was thinking of redeveloping either the Tiber Septim or the Talos page and came here to ask for permission, as it will be a somewhat "insecure," so to say, development.
The idea is to create a section about the Talos Enantiomorph, and which oversouls are a part of it, as well as how exactly they interact. The reason that I think the edit could be contested is the fact that it will mostly be based off interpretations of both the 36 Lessons of Vivec (specifically, Lessons 19 and 34) and From The Many-Headed Talos. However, I do believe interpretations have been used before in the writing of articles, which is one reason why I believe it could be justified.
Ultimately, I just want your opinion on the matter or your go-ahead before I begin to work.
- That's great, thanks for the answer.
Hey atvel. How are you? I need to ask you something. Is this article necessary? I've looked on the container and none of the articles have separate articles. What do you think? Starkiller131 (talk) 18:06, April 3, 2018 (UTC)
The edit I made on the Dreugh page does have a source, I just forgot to ref it. I'm aware that statements need to be sourced, but thanks anyway.
A Hero's Weapon
Hey, should the references to weapons and such in this article be linked to their counterpart in ESO? It seems like a bit of stretch to me, though I'm unsure of the actual policy on the matter.
Hey you might wanna remove the video for the Ebony Blade its not your content and the guy who owns the vid dosent seem to happy about you using it without his permission: https://twitter.com/Camelworks/status/981808904148537344
Oops, didn't read through the trivia, I just assumed it was a typographical error on the part of the original creator. Thanks for clearing that up.
Does this page really need to exist? The same kind of article doesn't exist for any of the other games, and it seems like it would belong more in a blog post than in a factually based Wiki article. Overall, it just seems very out of place. What's your opinion?
- That's understandable. Perhaps it could be split up among some quest articles that it's relevant to or something of the like?
Greetings! I have a question concerning the template in The Lord Warden Set article. Is not armor in sets like this one dropped in every type (light, medium and heavy)? TinyClayMan (talk) 14:10, April 9, 2018 (UTC)
Notable items section
Greetings! In this article you have edited the way the information about the notable items is given (dash instead of brackets and Skyshard at the first line instead of the last). Absolute majority of Ebonheart Pact and Coldharbour locations are written in pre-editted style. Which style would be the ultimate? TinyClayMan (talk) 19:14, April 9, 2018 (UTC)
- Update: I have also noticed that you have changed all the location articles in Stormhaven to match this new style. Is this a rule for Stormhaven locations? TinyClayMan (talk) 19:27, April 9, 2018 (UTC)
Apologies for the misunderstanding in regards to Acano's page, though I still feel that its rather unnessecary to point out when its rather obvious.
Either way, it won't happen again!
- Hello again Atvelonis!
- Yes, I was actually considering that in regards to helping those new to skyrim in differentiating those of different ancestry.
- Thank you once again!
Re: Overarching categories
Of course, but I don't recall doing any changes towards characters in Morrowind other than in Vvardenfell. If you could show me where I added that, I would be very grateful. Also, I saw that there were overarching categories on a specific faction, and after I added the "Online: Characters" one, I went back and added the Morrowind Characters one, hoping that C@ would rollback the other ones, given he was looking through my Edits at the time. If there's anything else I overlooked, please do tell me. Cheers! Aquila2002 * Talk? * Chat?
Right now I want to work on another lore region page but I know before you weren't on board with lore pages on things that appear in only one game. But I wanted to ask if I can do it for at least region pages, just in general. Thanks. P.S. Sorry for not responding to the other messages you've sent. --Vincentius1 (talk) 19:51, April 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Okay, but what about a region from ESO, like Stormhaven or Grahtwood, because those tend to have more development and uniqueness than a region introduced from a main series game (not simply because they're plainly divided). Like Rivenspire, for example, has an interesting dynamic, like Morrowind but downscaled. Or Reaper's March, which is a combination of Colovian, Bosmeri, and Khajiiti culture, as well as a ton of war. --Vincentius1 (talk) 00:03, April 12, 2018 (UTC)
- With that being said and considering my typical lore region pages, would this for Stormhaven be appropriate, because my region pages aren't exclusively about the region/topic itself. Instead, it's surrounding the locations within it, for the most part. I use it to make the lore more generalized and centered, instead of scattered for specific locations (in this case being Wayrest, Alcaire, etc.). It's like in a sense we talk about the history of the province and get more specific as we go to a more specific area. But I also don't add every little detail, I try to reserve that for the specific location, info that's relevant to the city, not the region it inhabits. Basically I do, or at least try to do, large-scale stuff for region pages. I guess this would all make it broad but is this okay or does it not matter. Also sorry to bother you so much. --Vincentius1 (talk) 01:38, April 12, 2018 (UTC)
Arena - Editing Modifications (Image Policy)
ABOUT: DISINTEGRATION EFFECT (The Elder Scrolls Wiki:Media#Article Images)
- "Bethesda did not "fix" the Floppy version of Arena when making the guide for DOSBox. The game uses a disintegration effect for menus, but in 4:3, the game slows to an almost halt during the disintegration. Pressing F4 in-game disables this effect, but not in a menu. In an unavoidable disintegration sequence, press "Esc" before it happens to skip it."
Not entirely true. On the Surface rendering for DOSBox, the slowdowns occur, but there are ways to stop it.
In the .CONF file for DOSBox, you need to change "output=surface" to "output=ddraw" (Windows) or "output=openglnb" (Mac, "=openglnb" to stop the BilinearFiltering effect instead of "=opengl") to avoid the disintegration slowdowns. The look is indifferent to surface.
Also, there should be a new note about lighting. Arena has a bad fog effect that occurs in dungeons, and blocks the vision of sight 6 or so feet away from the player. It's encouraged to get an item ending in "Wizard's Light" or something like that, so the fog is removed a lengthy distance for screenshots. I found mine on accident while raiding (and it still has 13 charges for use in-game), but others can possibly be found at Mages Guilds across Tamriel in Arena. Not confirmed, though.
Hi Atv, oh yes, "interior" is probably not best choice. It's inside the delve but it looks more like realm from different world. Yes, this map always look like that. It´s more outside than inside. --FrisyN (talk) 16:49, April 13, 2018 (UTC)
I HAVE NOTHING WITH THIS POST ABOVE- MALIKONJ
hello,i didnt know that i can hide quest markers and crosshair...i will try to get add-on.
Unstable.Familiar image is not from an enemy creature, i payed some dude 500 gold soo i can picture his familiar and i was prety close but that thing is very small, but i forgot to go into sneak mode.
and i already saw some images that were from other pages soo i through its okay, and when i was taking those pictures i was looking for ones that look like they are screenshoted right from the crown store.
It's a pleasure editing for the wiki and any feedback is greatly appreciated so Thank You instead ;)
In regards to your comment on the werebear image, i was experiencing a bug that would not allow me to move the picture, after it was uploaded :\ I then wrongly assumed that there wasn't an option for me to move the image entirely and figured that it was a limitation, not a bug.
Hi Atvelonis want to talk about the editing.
When I was editing the pages the only thing that came up for me was classic editing and I want to apologize about using the wrong edit.
- Thank you so much for telling me about the editing. I hope that it's okay to added things things about the Elder Scrolls Online game that get overlooked by other players.
- For example the grove Valeguard has Thunderbugs hiding behind the trees, rocks also under the trees and roots right beside the tents and walls the Bosmer have set up around there.
- I know that running and finding pigs behind a house in Tanglehaven isn't a main part of the game like the the quests or like the items that people have to use or like added a new DLC or like the characters that give the gamers quests or like the enemies and bosses that players have to fight while doing missions.
- Even though other people who play focus on the main things about the game. I just want add some of the things about Elder Scrolls Online that other people might not added or know about.
- Anyway I hope that we, me, someone or anyone else can find a good way to do that edit without making a mess or probably that people will have to fix. And add more stuff about the game in the best way possible. X-Mutant (talk) 02:35, April 17, 2018 (UTC)
I want to say something.
I would like to thank you for the help and want to apologize if I mess up on anything well I learn about the editing.
I know that no one wants to spend all day fixing mistakes because they have other things to do. But I just want to know that if I still make any mistakes will it be okay to someone else to added information to The Elder Scrolls that I find the in the online game.
Anyway if I can't understand or get it right hopefully it won't be any trouble to ask or find out if you or anyone else on the wiki can do a better job than me with the editing.
- You are right that is ture is important to know where the creatures are so people can get the loot.
- Even though people can't get anything from types of birds in the game I think that it might be good to let people know about the birds even though they probably have the smallest part in the game.X-Mutant (talk) 04:23, April 17, 2018 (UTC)
Re: Image licensing
I am sorry to disturb the wiki picture policy, I am now aware of how it should be! Thank you for your guidance!
So how I talked about birds in Elder Scrolls Online when we talked about the editing and creatures.
It has taken a well and a lot of searching but I finally have spotted an owl, a vulture and I think I found a hawk or falcon. So if it would be okay to create some pages for these creatures.
I have even taken some pictures to show that they are in the game however they are the best pictures.
- I think birds have the smallest part in the game next to the other creatures. The reason why I say that it's because they don't have name tags like the other animals.
- Someone added seagulls to the wiki and they don't have name tags. For reason birds don't have name tags like trees, grass, plates, mirrors, tables, mountains, rocks, some plants, chairs and rugs.
- It seems like birds are treated more like objects in the game rather than treated like creatures.
- And the pictures that I have are taken with a camera on a tablet while pointing it at a television screen so they really aren't the best photos.
- I just want to know if anyone can confirm what is in the photos taken and if someone can try to find better pictures. Because I'm going to be honest my photos stink.
- I was excited to find them and if they are what I think they are just want other people to know that they are in the game.X-Mutant (talk) 02:05, April 18, 2018 (UTC)
- I have seen vultures in Reaper's March that is also where I have seen owls.
- I don't know the difference between hawks and falcons I get them mixed up but I saw one of those two types of birds in Reaper's March as well.
- I think the birds have the same part in Elder Scrolls Online just like ants do in Skyrim there just there and players can't do anything to or doing anything with them.
- One of the easiest birds to find was a falcon or hawk is at Moonmont Wayshrine. The bird sits on a wall to the right of the Wayshrine.
- And if someone zooms in the image of the Moonmont Wayshrine here on the Elder Scrolls Wiki the bird can be spotted. But the animal is to small in the photo to tell what kind of bird it is.
Birds in Elder Scrolls Online.
I need the AkulakhanBot to go over Stormhaven links. I think that my Stormhaven lore page is getting more people viewing it because they're expecting to go to the online page. I added Stormhaven to the Bot To-Do list and it hasn't been acted out on, I understand you may be business but I need it done so that people aren't being misled to my page, I've changed some important links and the Online Location Nav, but it still isn't enough. Thanks in advance and have a good day. --Vincentius1 (talk) 14:38, April 19, 2018 (UTC)
Sunhold & Dusk Keep images
Sorry to bother you again, but I noticed you started adding images for ESO Summerset. I assume it's from the PTS. If you can, can you get images of Sunhold and Dusk Keep? I'm sure you'll be able to find Sunhold, but Dusk Keep is kind of hidden, it is found on the southeasternmost point of the zone. You don't have to do this right away, but I'd appreciate it if you could get it. I'm on console so I don't have the tools, nor PTS to do this. Thanks and have a good weekend. --Vincentius1 (talk) 21:58, April 21, 2018 (UTC)
- Not really, I could wait honestly, though I would like it soon-ish. It shouldn't be too much though, just one good picture of each, I just want to use it for the two lore pages and their ESO ones. --Vincentius1 (talk) 01:00, April 22, 2018 (UTC)
Shouldn't there be a link to the Sundering on this page? I get that it's not an article, but it was a legitimate event in the lore. The red link just indicates that it needs to become an article. The imperial battlemage (talk) 15:37, April 27, 2018 (UTC)
- Actually, ignore that. I thought it was referring to the Elven Sundering, but that was in the Merethic, not the Dawn.
- The imperial battlemage (talk) 15:39, April 27, 2018 (UTC)
I wasn't the one who made that change, but I would like to argue for putting it back. It is at least as much crafting as alchemy, cooking or smithing is in terms of game mechanics: one takes some set of components, uses a special piece of furniture in the game and gets back something that was made from those components. In particular with alchemy, one adds components and gets something that creates a magical effect later on, just like spider scrolls. Further to the cause, the section on Spider Scrolls on how to create them is labelled "Crafting", showing that other editors seem to think this is the right categorization. DaBarkspawn (talk) 05:17, April 30, 2018 (UTC)
I am requesting at least a warning to a user "The Supreme Argonian" for racist and offensive comments. The user has made these comments before many times and to the best of my knowledge, to no warning (although they do get deleted). An example of a comment is "All Irish are terrorists". These comments aren't so much as offensive, they're rather unnecessary on a gaming wiki. Thank you, The BeartoothThe Beartooth (talk) 20:26, April 30, 2018 (UTC)
Aedra lore help
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I have currently been trying to learn the lore of the elder scrolls and have started with the lore series from Zaric Zhakaron. Though I think I’m understanding most of it I don’t understand where the aedra came from. This is what I’m pretty sure about: Sithis and anui-El birthed all of the gods (after anu and such) and they created lorkon and Auri-El. Now, the aedra that are worshipped, (the eight divines) were 8 gods who followed lorkon to create mundus and nirn. Some, Ehlnofey, became nirn themselves, (and eventually turned into men by lorkon’s wife) and some old Ehlnofey turned into mer, but some old Ehlnofey stayed strong as Et’ada and though they were able to be killed, they were not mer. Is this correct? Is this how the aedra that are worshipped (zenithar, stendar, etc.)
Ps: I know they were only named that way because of the imperial religion formed by the Needs who settled in cyrodil.
Thank you again
2600:100F:B104:A350:EC6C:42CA:4BFF:F272 21:36, May 3, 2018 (UTC)
Re:Infobox variables - My apologies
My apologies for removing empty attributes in infoboxes. I just wanted to light the content of the pages, even in a very minimal way. I thought it could help. Now, as you asked me, I will not remove them in the future.
Once again, my apologies for my mistakes.
Good contributions to you!
Re: Second person
Thank you for your message. I apologize for the error. I will definitely be sure to edit this way in the future.
Help Me Get Back To Origin?
Hey buddy, how have you been? Zala Ma'hul here, likely don't remember me cause it's been two bloody years. I still remember that time i beat you in that typing contest, good times, good times... Anyways, block me again if you wish, or don't. I'm not that retarded 5 year old from 2016 so i promise not to cause any trouble. But anyways, to the point. Would you kindly help me get to a little failed and lost experiment of mine? Olok Wiki, the origin point of lots of things i've made. It's somewhere in the Wikia community and i'd appreciate help in trying to find it. I want to re-visit it and remember all the things i've done there. Do you accept this quest?
- EDIT: I vaguely remembered that i left a link to Olok on your message wall on Community Central. So i went to go check it out and i found it along with another cancerous post. I clicked on it and it said it didn't reconize the link so maybe they deleted it. But i also vaguely remember that it was a typo so i don't know. Also, i saw that you said "Zala Ma'hul is an alt of Lorkarr". I remember Zala Ma'hul but i don't remember Lorkarr in the slightest. So i went and checked out Lorkarr and the posts definitely look like crap the old me would say but i still don't remember Lorkarr in the slightest. But i did notice Lorkarr was unblocked and i looked at the time for all the punishments i've recieved and did the math. Technically i'm unbanned now from everything. But i don't know about Zala Ma'hul cause he's still banned. You probably placed a permanent on him because it was an alt. But, Lorkarr is unbanned so technically, i am unbanned. Sweet.
- Do the things i say look like things Lorkarr would say? Here, just let me stay on the wiki a little while and you'll see i'm not that idiot from two years ago. If i start doing things you don't like then you may block me again. Deal?
- (P.S. Mind giving me a link to the full rules list please? Thank you.)
Page Edits -Notable Items
I do my best to follow suit as much as I can when editing pages. I've noticed that on location pages, some editors include containers (chests, apothecary's satchels, strongboxes etc.) in their Notable Items sections and some do not. If they do not, they might include them in a Walkthrough or Overview section instead. Which is prefered? I want to be consistant when I edit. NCSaint (talk) 16:09, May 7, 2018 (UTC)NCSaint
A Woman Wronged Assistance
Thank you for your assistance on the "A Woman Wronged" quest. I see the "spoiler" header was also edited out. No problem! I just wanted to warn people of the spoiler. I didn't see any tags that allowed that stuff to be hidden in a drop-down section of text or similar. I'm assuming things like that don't have to be included.
I will check out all the links on your profile page. We're in the middle of remodeling/repairing the house after water damage, so when I have more time to study, I'll definitely dive into this. I use ESO as a nice break/escape after a hard day of construction!
Looking forward to contributing more to the community.
I can't help but notice that you decreed my work on the Razum-dar page to be largely removed. You cited the reason being that "It should be an explanation of Razum-dar's interactions in the quest, not a walkthrough". What I was attempting to do was to provide an analysis of Razum-dar's lines.
I think I was doing exactly as you said in providing an explanation of the dialogue on the characters' page. Although the dialogue is quite simplistic in ESO I believe this character has some much deeper meaning which needs to be explained properly and in depth so that the character Bethesda have created is effectively portrayed.
Hi there, sorry to bother you.
I accidently posted a comment from my tablet without logging in. The comment is now publicly displaying my mac address. Not the IP, but the device's unique, unchangeable mac address. Logging in did not associate it to my account. I consider that a safety risk, so I'd like you to remove the last comment on http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:938768 mentioning deer spawns and arrow locations.
Thank you very much.
If you remove the style="text-align: right" from a table with numbers, the numbers no longer line up. E.g., one sees:
I was adding the category to the pages so that they would not show up in the Special:UncategorizedTemplates report. If this was the wrong thing to do then I completely understand, just trying to get a few things off of the reports is all.
- As can be seen here, that is exactly what I did.
- (edit) Nevermind, I saw what I was doing wrong and corrected it. Hopefully everything is all well now?
Hi, could you review the recent commit history on Unbound please? I removed the linkage to the disambiguation page because (as I explained in my commit comment), a random Imperial soldier cannot be the same person as either of the two men named Caius in the disambiguation page. Therefore, the link is actually misinformation. The editor who added the linkage undid mine and rather than start an undo war, I am asking for admin review. DaBarkspawn (talk) 21:39, May 20, 2018 (UTC)
- He must have changed that when he undid my edit. For the record, the edit as of https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Unbound?oldid=2677662 links to the disambig page. I agree that if there is a new page coming, that's fine, though the programmer in me suggests that it is better to create the target and then link to it, rather than creating broken or confusing links. DaBarkspawn (talk) 00:45, May 21, 2018 (UTC)
Soul Gem (Skyrim)
Hi Atv, I have a question about this image. I automatically upload this image instead upload as new version of this. Is possible to move my image or just delete and reupload? What's best solution? Thanks.--FrisyN (talk) 20:30, May 24, 2018 (UTC)
Re: Image resolution
Hello, yeah pictures are a little bit low quality because a) my PC is a garbage soo i dont play on high settings b) i use a program called lightshot, i select a piece of screen i want to save, i cant do much about its resolution
- i spended almost all of my money on WoW and ESO soo hardware upgrade is no option.
- i have a little problem with a lightshot...i cant deinstall it, i searched everywhere but i cant find its deinstalation program.
- yes,i play on steam i will try which one is taking better photos.
- i think i know how to increase a lightshot quality soo i will try that.
So there's a post with the title of "best decisions for a meathead character" and the comment section is becoming chaos. At first someone kindly let someoone know of the rules and i let another know that this was not mini moderating as he was accused of such, but then i think he took that too far and i think it might be my fault as he may be mini moderating everyone on the post and now some other dude is accusing another of stalking and being a creep. Thought you'd be the best person to go to and the wikia isn't letting me report comments or posts, so i apologise if this is unimportant ;)
- Thank you for sorting out the post, well appreciated; I agree that specifying the rules surrounding mini-moderating would be a good idea, as it has caused a few difficulties. Thanks again
Oblivion Daedric Quest: Mehrunes Dagon
With respect to Daedric Quests (Oblivion), I would like to add that the Oblivion Main Quest is the Daedric Quest for Mehrunes Dagon. Do you agree with this assessment? DaBarkspawn (talk) 02:17, May 29, 2018 (UTC)
I was just wondering what it was.
Re: Location categories
Hi Atv, I know that I should but I'm not sure about creating this type of page. Or is it created automatically after filling category during creating a page? (Category usually exist so if I'm writing it suggest me whole name but now I see that it's not "Summerset: Lillandril Characters" case. I suppose it's because it's new. So can I create it this way or filling whole name without suggestion works just with existing category?) I hope my question is not too confused :-) I'm always carefull before doing something so I would like to know if my thinking is correct. Thanks for every advice. --FrisyN (talk) 10:13, June 2, 2018 (UTC)
Re:Card border change
Yeah, I can make more card images, no problem. I just looked up the new monthly card on Legends Decks and border seems to be the same as in other Morrowind cards, but perhaps they haven't implemented it yet. I haven't been following Legends for over a month. Please notify me when you do tag those images. I'm gonna return to editing this month. --DreamSoulshine (talk) 18:30, June 4, 2018 (UTC)
Re: Thrassian Plague
Hello Atvelonis, this is Raltin here regarding the information added to the Thrassian plague page. I am rather terrible when it comes to siting sources, in the sense that I barely know how to do it, though I take the lore of the game series very seriously, and would never add erronius information if I could help it. My hope was someone would be able to site the source for me, I can however provide screenshots of the exact information from the quest in Corgrad in TESO, which states the symptoms of the Thrassian plague, if that will satisfy you.
I'm sorry to be back requesting a ban again so soon, but this user, Kukamuka, has not been banned. He derailed one of my posts, over-used profanity and insulted me. I was quite shocked to learn he hadn't been banned. Thank you, The Beartooth (talk) 18:13, June 18, 2018 (UTC)
Why is it that the Warp in the West has its own page, whereas the rest simply redirect to the Dragon Break page (where they have their own subsections)? Seems inconsistent. The imperial battlemage (talk) 20:33, June 18, 2018 (UTC)
The United Guild page
I started reading over the United Guild page, but the info is pretty fishy. Right at the start, it mentions how the guild, in Beta, bought a guildhall in Craglorn. Two issues there: Craglorn wasn't in the game until several months after launch, and player/guild housing only came out in 2017.
The opening paragraph alone makes me doubt the whole article, then it goes on to talk about Ebonheart Pact players "attacking the guildhall in Shadowfen". The only place you could PvP or interact in any way with the other two factions in Beta was in Cyrodiil, and same-faction duels only came out in 2017. To be honest, I think the article is fanfic. DRAEVAN13 11:46, July 10, 2018 (UTC)
I would like to nominate for deletion all trivia items on this page that discuss other works by the same voice actors. For one thing, we aren't IMDB or Wikipedia and there are better sources for this information. The other is that a lot of it is subjective, such as what a particular actor is most famous for. DaBarkspawn (talk) 14:16, July 10, 2018 (UTC)
Regarding the images of Gehenoth and Gehenoth Thriceborn, I'm aware that they are named differently than the infoboxes I had tried putting them into. However, those are the correct placements of the images. The variation with the darker torso is the one simply named Gehenoth, while the all blue variation is the one named Gehenoth Thriceborn. I misnamed the images when I uploaded them, and if you'd like I could get new screenshots with the names being displayed to prove my point Gaggle Zealot (talk) 10:37, July 15, 2018 (UTC)
Re: Quest stuff
Hi Atv, really happy to hear that my work on Summerset main quests is useful for you because it was the exact reason why I started with it! I wanted to help someone to concentrate just for Walkthrough. I also have some images and I plan to start quests again with another character for another missing images. --FrisyN (talk) 19:50, July 15, 2018 (UTC)
Re: King Farangel's Ode to Wayrest
I'm sorry this Wiki is very different from what i'm used to so i guess i did a few things in a bad way. Anyway I uploaded both missing pages:
Should i do something else?
PS: I found how to add multiple images as a gallery to an infobox, so I guess it is done now but please verify in case i made a mistake again.
On the above mentioned page, there is a link to the Stewards page, for Jarls' Stewards and the like, however the category page is for Stewards one could obtain in the Hearthfire DLC, and thus should link to Steward (Hearthfire). While the Stewards page does have a link on it to the originally intended article, fixing the link would streamline getting there, and unfortunately I cannot figure out how to, or even find out if I can, edit the aforementioned category page.
- I do apologize for my incredibly immature behavior. Could I add location info (such as the fate of ESO locations in the main TES series, as ESO is set before all of the games)?
Translation of Wikia content
Hi, Atvelonis! I have a question.
Is translating content from Elder Scrolls wikis in other languages, and adding it here acceptable practice? For instance, I've seen a lot of cases where a Russian article is highly detailed, while the English equivalent is totally bare-bones. 1857a (talk) 04:33, July 21, 2018 (UTC)
Re: Trophy Vaults
I don't recall either of them being changed in game by ZOS, I think when they were initially created the names were wrong, but when I visited them in-game they were called what they are now (last I checked, haven't played the Imperial City DLC in a while. DRAEVAN13 22:55, July 30, 2018 (UTC)
This might be the wrong place to ask for this, but I was directed to you. I would like to ask that you set Abiotic#7047 in the discord as a verified member, seeing as that is me.Goreadabook1 (talk) 02:00, July 31, 2018 (UTC)
Crafting Motif License
Hi Atv, hope you have great day. I'd like to upload images for Morrowind Crafting Motifs but I'm not sure about the license. Is ESO Morrowind books license correct? Or just Online books like here File:Crafting_Motifs_33,_Thieves_Guild_Axes.png in this "short form"? --FrisyN (talk) 19:38, July 31, 2018 (UTC)
I was just wondering if it counts as an appearance if a character is mentioned in a book, specifically if the Eternal Champion technically appeared in Oblivion and Skyrim through History of the Empire and the book about Labyrinthian. Gaggle Zealot (talk) 19:48, July 31, 2018 (UTC)
Hope everything is going good. I need help. So on this page, I want to put regions that don't have lore page, for the future, but I need help to properly organize it. The problem is that I want the table of contents for each region in the bar, separately, and I want to have references include only the ones from that region, instead of others, but I don't know how to do any of that. I assume it has something to do with the "noinclude" thing, but I don't know how to use it well. Can you help me out, thanks, and have a good day. --Vincentius1 (talk) 16:08, August 5, 2018 (UTC)
RE: Septim Empire
Re: Renaming pages
I would change the page names to Illuminate (Oblivion) or (Online) but honestly, I didn't find the special link site. But now I know where I find it. Thanks.
Re: Morrowind infobox data
Re: Character images
Hi, I've reuploaded all of them with 600x1000 resolution.
Hey man, could you or one of your wiki members upload a image at Wizards' Guard please? I would like create the page on our wiki^^. You can mail me if it is done. Thank you. BrockBauner (talk) 21:33, August 14, 2018 (UTC)
I'm confused about something. Why was my addition to Serana's page removed (the one about her being a princess)? It wasn't my personal speculation, as Lord Harkon said he was a king in dialogue.
- Update: Thank you for the reply, but I'm still a little lost. Since I put the fact under "trivia", isn't it okay that the fact wasn't necessary to include? Sorry for being a bother, but I want to be a good editor. CatholicPrincess15 (talk) 01:01, August 15, 2018 (UTC)
March of Sacrifices, Moon Hunter Keep
Heya, Atvelonis ;)
I noticed there weren't any pages for March of Sacrifices and Moon Hunter Keep, though I did find the official introductory blogs (here and here, respectively). Looking over the other dungeon pages, I didn't notice anything but list-sorts of information, so didn't want to throw a massive wall of text over here for those pages if it wasn't wanted. :P Raylan13 (talk) 17:34, August 15, 2018 (UTC)
Are edited images allowed?
Please check the first image of Invitation to Orsinium (Book). Because the game writes the character's name onto the top of the letter, i had to edit the image to some extent and erase the character name from the top. I used the same parchment image from the game and just overlayed the same area from an empty parchment image to make the text "disappear". Is modification of the image allowed or do i have to do something else?
- It seems you already added a remark in filespecs to the image so there is nothing for me to do on this particular one. Thanks for the help, now i know what to do the next time. :)
Idgrod the Younger
There is a discussion about Idgrod the Younger that is not mentioned on her wikia page: https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:1022156
How do I include discussions about her on her page?
Re: Source Editor
Hi, I've been mostly using the source editor, I only used the visual editor when i needed to add some text related detail to the wiki. However I have no issue using the source editor all the time, i didn't know it mattered. :) Also I've been using the multi-upload tool regularly, however not in cases where there was only a single image to upload.
I don't know if this is correct or not; I haven't played Oblivion.
- I have played Oblivion, and yes the max level is complicated. However, I believe we have a rule/understand with UESP not to use each other's material. DaBarkspawn (talk) 21:23, August 28, 2018 (UTC)
RE: Quest Names
No, I can't find any official source for the names of the quests, hence why both myself and the UESP have made up the names. However, the names that I have used for the quests, particularly the Daedric Princes and Vampiric Clan quests, have come from in-game dialogue with either the quest-giver or the Journal. I think this is a better solution as it gives some context to the quest right in the title, as opposed to the UESP quest names which are just made up.
Anyway, that's my defence for keeping them as they are and different from the UESP. Change them if you wish, its not as if anyone reads them anyway - Or will in twenty years time when Bethesda finally release Elder Scrolls VI. ;)