I appreciate what you've said to support the Dominion's chances of victory. Between you and me, I think your 'friend' in that one thread doesn't want them to win just because they don't like them. He's just trying to break your endurance, so keep going and he'll get tired, run out of arguments and give up. You'll win. I don't want any of this mentioned to him, I won't mention the thread's name, and I won't give names. I just wanted to thank you for what you've said in that thread. Long live the Aldmeri Dominion, friend. ~Alex
- To be frank I'm sick and tired of their antics. Plus Elder Scrolls lore in my humble condescending arrogant opinion (Sarcasm) is not worth so much effort. That is why I am always very clear cut with opinions. I only accept indisputable facts such as Civil War in Skyrim. Empire officially have 4 provinces in Tamriel during Great War. The weakened nonsense etc... well, a lot of Imperial fanboys like to conveniently forget that Hammerfell was stuck in centuries of Civil War between Crowns and Forebears yet they were still able to fight the Aldmeri Dominion.
- They also forget that Empires rise and fall. It isn't that much of a big deal and these Imperial Fanboys treat the current Empire as the one, only and last line of defense.Busiao No Laughs (talk) 11:20, March 23, 2018 (UTC)
- PS: No time due to work and subbing animations on youtube. This is why if you want, go and play with those two. The whatever Galactic Emperor or something is like a Jauffre 2.0 or probably Jauffre's Alt account. But if "they" are so free to play with me, I'm sure "they" are free to play with you as well Busiao No Laughs (talk) 18:12, March 23, 2018 (UTC)
- Again I appreciate the things you say. Feel free to do as you wish, I won't force you to do anything that you yourself are not okay with. If another civil debate happens to open up in the future concerning a topic relevant to the Dominion, I'll be happy to chime in as well as make use of the info you provided me during the previous debate. Otherwise I'll keep a low profile and keep tension to a minimum for the sake of civility. Apologies in advance for the extremely late reply, I hadn't realized you wrote back and I was also busy at the time. Empires indeed rise and fall, regardless of the ruling party. Bethesda will see to that in time, no doubt. If you ever want to talk with me more concerning the Dominion or an otherwise relevant topic, or know someone who would like to, tell them to contact me as I may be able to help.
Oh please. Edit
Have you read who posted what on that forum post?
Anyway, if you have read that, you can see that while I was posting comments related to the thread, Miss* Swine decided to go off-topic, not me.
- Swine my foot! Do you even get the message from the moderator? Talk page is not the place to settle score or for you to stir up trouble simply because you refused to listen when I tried to bring the conversation back to topic and went to argue with someone else. Don't blame other people for your own stupidity. Busiao No Laughs (talk) 20:36, March 26, 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, both of you, please do not continue egging each other on in any capacity. It's understandable that you have a difference of opinion about the civil war or lore in general, but multiple etiquette guidelines are being broken right now. Consider this a final warning; if I see any further name-calling or incivility, the offending parties will be blocked. Thank you. —Atvelonis (talk) 20:56, March 26, 2018 (UTC)
- Just thought I'd pop in for a little word. The thread would not have been closed if you had simply left like I asked, Blademaster. As for the whole name calling thing, I'm actually female so if you're gonna stoop that low, kindly respect my pronouns. Atvelonius, is there any way to block someone from a specific thread? We've already had two close because of this feud and I'd rather not keep letting everyone get at eachother's throats in the new ones.LordOswin (talk) 21:05, March 26, 2018 (UTC)
- MediaWiki has no such functionality, I'm afraid. Some wikis have a policy on user interaction bans, so that two users are treated normally except that they are not allowed to talk to each other. Currently we have no such policy, although you're free to propose it in the moot on April 7th or in a Consensus Track thread whenever if you want. For the time being I would ask that each of you try your absolute hardest to remain civil in your debates—there's nothing wrong with being passionate about the lore, but users end up with blocks when it becomes too fiery, and we don't want that. —Atvelonis (talk) 21:10, March 26, 2018 (UTC)
- My stance is clear and I stated clearly I do not want to argue with him yet he seem to have some kind of mashochistic tendencies toward verbal abuses and kept coming to harass me even after I try not to be bothered by his "Fanaticism over this Fictional Empire from a game with heavily disorganized and contradicting story using the excuse it is more realistic blah blah blah" For the last time, I don't buy any of his nonsense and do not want to entertain them Busiao No Laughs (talk) 06:54, March 27, 2018 (UTC)
Regarding our discussion Edit
I am really enjoying our discussion, but I really have to caution you that you're stepping over some well-established community lines: "Comments intended to provoke other users or insulting them outright (flaming) will be deleted by the staff and may be grounds for blocking." (Forum Policy). I personally don't have much of a problem (and find it quite amusing given its direction towards me) but I can't say the same for some of the staff, especially given that they haven't seemed to have had very positive experiences with you. I, by the way, am not trying to have a go at you, I'm just trying to best articulate my arguments. I don't have any problems with you personally, just intellectually. I just wanted to say that clearly since you seem to have the impression that I'm mad or frustrated. Thanks. Grey Fox (talk) 12:47, July 30, 2019 (UTC)
- In case you haven't noticed how I usually tell people who comes here. Go figure here's the hint (Go away). If I really cared how the Moderators feel over standing by my perspective and opinion. I wouldn't have continued to stand my ground against Jauffre Blademaster's consistent harassments until 3 or 4 topics got closed by Moderators and continue to stand my ground about my opinion with regards to Advantages does not equal absolutely result in Victory and based on real life experience stating how stupid some of the things you say about the workings of military in this fictional story. Busiao No Laughs (talk) 14:03, July 30, 2019 (UTC)
- Nah I changed my mind. Nearly similar to Jauffre as you are, you are not quite there yet. So you don't deserve that get lost attitude from me. So says you don't have problem with me but I have serious issues with what you said about how a war is fought, especially factoring in they don't have some of the readily available conveniences we have today and how military worksBusiao No Laughs (talk) 14:11, July 30, 2019 (UTC)
Back to the relevant topic.
Often people from both sides forget the most important thing.
You can post all the facts to prove the Imperials/Stormcloaks superiority doesn't change an even more definitive fact. Imperials under leadership of Tullius nearly killed Ulfric in Helgen. That advantage should not be ignored. It is an advantage, no buts.
As for claims by Imperial Soldiers that the Stormcloaks are all just a bunch of "untrained armed farmers" there is something fundamentally wrong about that claim. It is impossible for every city, towns or villages to be unprotected. Therefore the claims that Stormcloaks simply don't have any forces, especially in times of rebellion, in times of civil war? No. Just no.
There are soldiers on guard duty for every city and major settlements in the game. Unless things are really getting desperate, you normally don't throw new recruits into the front lines. If situation is bleak enough to do something so horrible to your supporters, then untrained recruits vs trained soldiers...
You shouldn't need me to talk about how seriously outmatched untrained recruits are. I can tell you now that it is impossible for the situation to be as bleak as some may claim for the Stormcloaks. Yes, the Imperials have a better organized, better equipped and larger number of trained soldiers. Does it mean the Stormcloaks is as pathetic as they claim? Not necessarily. As early as Arena, they have trained soldiers garrisoned in every city and towns. Except during Arena, Skyrim was significantly more wealthy and have more settlements under control by the Empire during the Septim Dynasty.
I remember you guys like to talk about transportation lines. Basically supply lines. Well, these sort of things are there with or without a conflict. They will have a primary transport line and at least another alternative supply line. In times of peace they go secure those routes so that people.. farmers, craftsmen, traders etc... can enrich your own god damned city!
Supply lines doesn't just exists in times of war for Christ's sake! Leaders will have them plotted and cleared out in case of war! You like to say I have obsession with "Higher Chances not being absolutes"
Coz what Ifnsman tries to defame me with being obsessed with absolutes, Is false. All can see that I kept saying Imperials have having chances of winning doesn't mean they absolutely will win. What I said exactly was "Higher Chances doesn't equals Absolute victory"
There's even the fact that Civil War didn't make any progress when you finish all the Mainstory and Guild quests. My estimate for the events of Skyrim is lasting for at least 2 years or 1 and half years including all DLCs. Judging from the fact that events of Skyrim starts at 4E 201, Last Seed 17th (August 17th). There's a DLC called Hearthfire (September) and it doesn't make sense for the Last Dragonborn to be able to complete the main quest events within 13-14 days because going by lore, Skyrim wouldn't be smaller than 800,000 km²
So yeah. it maybe stretching things a little, we can assume Dragonborn had to spend at least 1 year 1 month in Skyrim by the time events of Hearthfire starts. Around the same time is enough for the Aldmeri Dominion to take Bravil, Anvil and presumably Rihad, Gilane and Taneth. (Because only Helgathe didn't fall in the south)
Going by logic of many, a stronger force led by a superior tactical mind should have been able to encroach upon Windhelm with or without the Dragonborn's help by the time he is done with all the main quests. There are no such evidences. Nay nay nay, you don't know that? Utter bullshit. You also don't know that the Stormcloaks are really losing either. There's totally no news of that. So don't bullshit with me about Imperials will surely win eventually. I am leaning on Civil War will drag on for over a year if the LDB didn't join any sides. Busiao No Laughs (talk) 07:48, July 31, 2019 (UTC)