|I am Jarjarkine, A true nord, your brother, SPEAK an i will guide you!|
|colspan="4" style="background-color: #2F4F4F; background-image:gradient(linear, 0% 0%, 0% 100%, color-stop(25%, #2F4F4F), color-stop(75%, #142424)); background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear, 0% 0%, 0% 100%, color-stop(25%, #2F4F4F), color-stop(75%, #142424)); background-image:-moz-linear-gradient(top, #2F4F4F 25%, #142424 75%); background-image:-o-linear-gradient(top, #2F4F4F 25%, #142424 75%); background-image:-ms-linear-gradient(top, #2F4F4F 25%, #142424 75%)
No idea, User:Atvelonis is already in charge of team Skyrim, I have no idea how the guilds will look. We can worry about that tomorrow and help them as needed. The next step requires the guilds to step up and get approved, then we can work on what to do.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 04:28, February 3, 2015 (UTC)
First project Edit
Hey Emperor. I have been thinking about what we should start working on and, frankly, there are a whole lot of things to add. However, I wanted to start off with something relatively small and simple for the time being; a little project that could get us off the ground would be to add concise summaries of the content of books on Books (Skyrim) and Books (Skyrim)/Letters. Some of them are filled in already, others are not. Books (Skyrim)/Journals should probably have the same table that the other ones have as well, with summaries like the others.
Is this something you would be interested in? If so, when would be a good time to start? And, of course, if you have any questions, comments, or ideas about anything regarding Team Skyrim, you can post them at our Team's Guild Hall. ―Atvelonis (talk) 02:36, February 4, 2015 (UTC)
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go to you for this, but I would be happy to join Team Skyrim (To make the smaller edits and simple pages since I am not that experienced and don't have a lot of time to put aside for the site).
RE:Good news Edit
Everything OK? Edit
- Real life comes first man, no problem. Just wanted to make sure you where alright.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 04:36, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
All that world mastery brahEdit
Good to know you've honed your skillz and awesome'd your way to the top. Me, I still have to climb those old stairs and have a world for me to master myself. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors, mate, though I suspect you don't need luck that much. —Sky Above,Voice Within · Show thy Voice! 06:38, February 20, 2015 (UTC)
- I am in chat right now if you are available to talk.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 02:01, February 21, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks, although I will still try to keep my nomination as legitimate as possible. I am assuming Tim promoted me at the same time he nominated me because he knew the results and he didn't want to slow anything down waiting for him a week from now.
I will end the other two nominations tonight, and will wait a few days to end mine, just to make sure everybody gets a change to speak up and say what they want to say. You should start writing up interviews for our new Admin and Moderator, people love the interviews.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 21:12, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
- No, but I am assuming they would do it if you asked. Its up to you of course, but I think it is a good idea to make sure people know who the leaders in the community are. So I guess you should ask them if you want to interview them.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 21:24, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
Consider a News Team application Edit
Hey Emperor, considering you've been a great member of the community and you've done many interviews, I think you should think about becoming a News Team member. After all, you did say "Interviewing is my job here :P" on CC's talk page. This would essentially give you the authority to categorize your interviews into the Community News category (where they would show up under the corresponding tab on the front page) and you'd get a nice cyan name.
We also have a lack of News Team members. There use to be 3 - 4 active ones at a time, but now it's just done to SleepingIII and me. I've got some additional abilities so I don't appear on the list (sort of like Pelinal with being a forum and chat mod), we really need more members. Anyways, I'd nominate you but the News Team applications are a self-nomination type of thing (info can be found on the link in the first paragraph). If you feel like applying, knock yourself out, I'm sure many users would be in favor of you becoming a part of the staff. And by the way, if you do add an interview to the community news category, don't freak out if it doesn't show up immediately, it takes around 15 minutes to update. Anyways, good luck on your next interview! ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 05:11, March 3, 2015 (UTC)
- Your job would be to post user interviews. These are considered community news, not game news. I post general Bethesda news, SleepingIII posts general game news, so we have that's not something you'll need to worry about. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 16:55, March 3, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Interview Questions Edit
The Elder Scrolls Wiki What was your first reaction when you discovered you were nominated for adminship?
- I was pretty surprised. I knew that the wiki needed a new sysop, but I had expected that someone who has been here longer would've been nominated for the position. But I think that being administrator will be an interesting experience, and I'm looking forward to helping out the wiki some more.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki What is it you are going to do when you will be administrator?
- Well, I will continue doing the things I have always been doing, but I'm also going to be cleaning up pages that need to be looked at, such as the many deletion candidates on the wiki. People have been complaining that those areas need more attention for a while now, and I seek to fix those problems.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki What do you think is the best quality of this wiki?
- Definitely the incredibly hard-working and dedicated community we have. So much has been accomplished in such a short amount of time, and I'm grateful that the people here are just as passionate about the wiki as I am.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki What would you like to improve here? About our community?
- There's a lot of stuff I want to improve. I'm excited to get ESO soon, and I'm planning on adding a lot of content from the game to the site. It would make me very happy if I saw more people who normally just hang out in the background starting to actively involve themselves in the site's activities and events, and if people who don't edit that much at all start doing so more often. Every change is a big help.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki How did you discover the wiki?
- I don't quite remember why exactly I came here for the first time. But I do remember getting stuck on "Trinity Restored" (due to a bug) a very long time ago; this wiki was always the place I gravitated to for information.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki How did you get into editing?
- It was the lack of locations of various items (e.g. books) that really set me off, and from there I slowly started updating more aspects of the site until I got totally hooked.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki Do you have some advice for anyone who’s interested in becoming an active contributor to the site?
- Make edits! Ask questions! We're all nice people, and we'd be happy to help you with whatever issues you may be facing. I for one would love to get to know all of you. Hopefully that's something I can do! :)
The Elder Scrolls Wiki What kind of impact would you like to leave on TES?
- Some people here are kind of pessimistic about the wiki's future and similar topics. If nothing else, I want everyone to start thinking more positively in the future. If we all work together, we can achieve so much! There's no use in looking at the downsides of everything. Your demeanor when editing is more important than you think.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki Tell us a bit about your time here.
- When first I began editing here, I almost exclusively went to Ebony asking questions, and over time I learned more and more about the wiki and editing in general. I also made an effort to get to know the community and staff better, and started taking on new projects. That eventually led up to when I became a patroller, and subsequently my administrator nomination.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki As a patroller of the wiki, do you have specials duties each days?
- Oh yes. It's my job to watch over the Recent Changes box for vandalism or mistakes, and I do my best not to miss any edits. They can really pile up sometimes, but all the same I enjoy the job. It takes a lot of commitment, but it feels good to know that you're protecting the wiki.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki As an Administrator of the wiki now (congratulations by the way), do you have another view of the wiki?
- Somewhat. Since becoming a staff member, I've known that it's my job to help maintain the wiki, and I've started learning a lot more about the community and the wiki itself. And while that has changed my perception of the site in some minor regards, I mostly think of the wiki as I always have—an amazing community recording all knowledge of The Elder Scrolls series, and a place where I can contribute my knowledge as well.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki You are an avid contributor of this wiki, everyone knows that. But, do you focus on a topic? I mean, do you edit more often edit on Skyrim or Oblivion than Daggerfall or Morrowind?
- The vast majority of my major edits are on Skyrim articles, usually adding dialogue or interactions with characters. I'm more knowledgeable about Skyrim than I am of any other game in the series, so that area is where I spend most of my time expanding upon.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki What is your opinion on the current situation of the wiki? And as a new admin? What do you plan to do to solve this awful period?
- I wouldn't really call this period awful. Perhaps a little slow, but we're still doing quite well. We're also going to be experiencing some growth very soon when new editors join the site. As an administrator, I encourage new members to make edits! Don't be afraid! And seriously, this isn't some "wiki dark age" or anything. The wiki is doing great, and from here on out it will only get better!
The Elder Scrolls Wiki Do you think administrators are more important than normal users in some situations?
- Not really. While the administrators are definitely important, it is the community as a whole that really makes a difference. We honestly couldn't survive without all of the wonderful people working hard to make the wiki what it is today.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki If you could change something in the TES, what would it be?
- We're somewhat lacking in information on the older games. It would be awesome if we had more people who have the ability to work on the older stuff. I sadly can't help out in that regard because I know very little about them, but I thank all of the people who can and do! Know that your efforts are greatly appreciated.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki For those who aren't familiar with your contributions here, describe us a bit about some of the things you do here.
- I can often be seen working on building up character articles. Much of the dialogue on the wiki (well, on Skyrim articles, at least) was added by me at one point or another. Some of the notable articles I've built up a whole lot include Ulfric Stormcloak and Galmar Stone-Fist. Additionally, I've expanded on the majority of our character articles, and, to a lesser extent, many Skyrim book articles.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki What do you think is the importance of the FA or GA in our community? Do you think it could be improved?
- The Featured Articles are considered the best on the wiki, and editors should use them as a role model or guide when building up smaller articles to get them to FA or GA standard. However, despite their excellent quality, there is always something that can be improved with them, just like any other article. So everyone should feel free to add something that is missing!
The Elder Scrolls Wiki When you first came here, and you first edited, did you know you'll one day get to the point where you are?
- No, not at all. I didn't really think about being a staff member here until I was nominated for patroller, which came as quite a surprise, to say the least. And becoming an administrator? No, I was definitely not expecting that either.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki Do you have any final thoughts or words of wisdom you’d like to share?
- An edit is an edit, no matter how small. I know I say this a lot, but it's the truth. It doesn't matter if you're adding new content, or if you're just fixing links or proofreading; it all helps! Don't feel discouraged if you think your edits aren't appreciated—they most certainly are!
The Elder Scrolls Wiki Did you like TESO?
- I haven't played it yet, but from what I've heard it's not bad. I'm more interested in adding info from it to the wiki than actually playing the game, and I'm hoping that I'll be having some fun with that soon.
The Elder Scrolls Wiki If you lived in Skyrim, where would you live and why?
- Probably Whiterun. I know, I know, it's such a mainstream choice... but still, Whiterun is the only city in Skyrim in which I feel truly safe. It's a cozy little town in a nice location, opening it up for trade and prosperity, plus it's quite pretty. No other city has been able to replicate that feeling of simple beauty that I find in Whiterun. It's the only place in Skyrim that I think I would ever be able to call home.
- I've always been a Stormcloak guy. I feel a sense of loyalty to Skyrim and to her people; I don't want some snotty elf telling me what I can and can't do. As Galmar would say, "One lives for the things he is willing to die for."
The Elder Scrolls Wiki: Who's your favorite divine in Skyrim?
- Easy, Talos. He's the only god I have ever really admired. A talented war strategist, warrior, and leader in life, and after his passing, a symbol of freedom to all Nords, he is probably one of my favorite people in The Elder Scrolls. Talos guide you.
Thought you might like this Edit
As you may know, we are trying to boost the wiki via Facebook. We have been posting whats new, and I figured you may want to see one of our newest post.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 07:40, March 4, 2015 (UTC)
- I am thinking people need to know the rest of the staff, not just Admins. I would say you should interview Azura next, or one of the older mods. In the end its your interview, so you handle it how you think is best. Also, I am thinking that since you do the interviews, and they take up alot of space on your TP you can put your interviews into their own archive after you get a reply.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 23:10, March 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Well you know how you Archive your message wall when it gets to long? I was thinking you could take your interview messages (like the ones you sent me and Atvelonis) and add them to their own archive so you could find them easier in the future, and so you could clean up your talkpage. I was just thinking the interviews are long, and this may be a way to keep the talkpage from becoming to long. Just an idea I had, nothing more.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 23:54, March 4, 2015 (UTC)
Application Reminder Edit
Hey Jarjarkine, it's been a couple days and I've just wondering why you haven't made your application yet. I don't mean to rush you, but you did say you wanted to join. Anyways, the sooner you make an application, the faster you can be promoted. Get back to me with a response when you can, thanks. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 03:20, March 8, 2015 (UTC)
- It's okay if you forgot, figured I would remind you just in case. And no, you don't have to report news about the game series, just interviews is fine. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 04:57, March 8, 2015 (UTC)
- It has never been a problem before, most votes have always been clear. News team is the only one that has really had trouble getting new members, but people like you and what you do, so I don't see a problem. I will be in chat for awhile if you want to talk.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 00:21, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry about earlier, I had a complete internet crash, it just started working smoothly now. As for your last question about potential problems. I hope I am wrong, but there is potential for issues to arise. If things do go badly we will handle it, but until then I will follow the good faith policy.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 04:02, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
Re: It workedEdit
Congratulations Jarjar, I knew that you had it in you. I'm proud of you for putting our mind to what you desired & in the end achieved it. Keep up the good work! :) Ghost Anubis (talk) 16:00, March 12, 2015 (UTC)
Application time Edit
Hey Jarjarkine, I just wanted to let you know that applications take time, it's suggested not to continue questioning staff about it's time of approval. While it can be exhilarating about possibly becoming a staff, rushing the application isn't the right course of action. Please keep in mind that applications usually take about a week to accept, Cheat will get around to it when the time is right. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 02:44, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Jarjarkine, sorry about being slow to respond to you, Job is picking up some and I had to go to some meeting, and It takes alot of of me during those kind of events that require me to talk to a lot of people.
I will try to be in chat tomorrow, but I has things tomorrow as well, If I do not speak with you before I leave, I will be on after and will let you know when I am on.
Your nomination has been silent the last few days, and I myself get anxious to end the nominations, but we need to allow a week to give people time to vote. I would use this time to prepare your next interview. Hope all is well, talk soon.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 03:11, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Interview Edit
Nomination approved Edit
Your request to join the news team has been approved. As such your name is now blue...so congrats on that. I realized I am a day late on approving this, so I am sorry for the wait, I know you have been anxious for this.
I am going to assume you know how it works, I would direct questions to SleepingIII as I do not know about about news team handlings. Good job, congrats, and happy editing.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 01:16, March 17, 2015 (UTC)
- The New teams template is up to you if you want to add it to your wall, I would say yes to adding it. The masthead has been updated and will take a little bit to update.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 01:49, March 17, 2015 (UTC)
- I would absolutely love to do an interview, and if it's alright, can Dave answer your questions too? He's at my place all the time and we can share the computer. But if not, that's fine too. Madman97 (talk) 20:19, March 19, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Interview Edit
RE: Interview questions Edit
Sorry for the late reply, I've been pretty busy lately.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia What was your first reaction when you discovered you were nominated for the position of Patroller?
- Ecstatic and shocked to sum it up, I never thought I'd get here when I first joined.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia Is it hard to be a good Patroller?
- In some ways, yes. I've been less active lately as I have some things coming up in real life but I edit whenever I can. I do hope to get back in to editing shortly.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia What do you think is the best quality of this Wiki?
- I like the format, it's a lot better than other sites. It's an odd opinion but it's why it's my first choice.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia What would you like to improve here and what would you like to improve about our community?
- I'm working to improve our ESO pages. We still have over 8,600 NPC pages left to add. With the missing location, quest and book pages for ESO, we'd have around another 2,500. If I get the time I hope to improve our lore pages.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia How did you discover the wiki?
- Google, if I needed walkthroughs or help for Skyrim I just came here. I only got Arena and Daggerfall a couple months after I got the game.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia How did you get into editing?
- I worked as an anon contributor in January 2012 before I made an account in April 2012. As an anon I just fixed or added things to pages, but as a registered user the first thing I worked on was adding pages and images for our Arena race articles.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia Do you have some advice for anyone who’s interested in becoming an active contributor to the site?
- A constructive edit no matter how small always helps. Improve anywhere you can, and do your best to make this wiki the best it can be.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia What kind of impact would you like to leave on TES?
- Becoming a programmer for Bethesda has always been a thought for a future career I might have. I'm working to improve my mods, but for now I'm not really sure, sort of a vague and undecided area.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia Tell us a bit about your time here.
- I've spent around 3 years at the TES Wiki. Next month will be my 3rd anniversary but my anon edits don't go unaccounted for. Now, don't think it took me 3 years to get this position, Atvelonis joined in August last year but he's already an administrator. I was fairly active for 2012, but in 2013 I sort of drifted off and didn't edit pages. I mainly just participated in forums, but in mid-2014 I got back into editing. I was nominated for patroller by Ebony at the beginning of 2015.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia As a patroller of the wiki, do you have any special duties each day?
- Scout the new pages and I quote, "make sure they are up to snuff". This means I fix any flaws in new pages and mark them as approved to be on the wiki. New pages that don't meet requirements or are generally unneeded I mark for deletion. I also rename any photos which don't have a relevant name. I often go to Wiki Activity and check all the new edits and revert any vandalism or unconstructive changes.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia When you joined, were you afraid of editing?
- Not really. When I first joined I got into a bit of trouble, I won't deny it, 3 years back I didn't know how wikis worked. I was conscious of my edits after those incidents and made sure I wasn't breaking any policies. I wasn't afraid, I was just more aware.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia You are an avid contributor of this wikia. Everyone knows that but, do you focus on a topic? I mean, do you edit more often edit on Skyrim or Oblivion than Daggerfall or Morrowind?
- I do a little bit of everything. I'm a member of the guilds Team Daggerfall, Skyrim, and the guildmaster of Team Online.
- My first edits were for Arena pages, but our friend SeniorDiogo has done a lot more for them than me.
- I have added a couple of Daggerfall city, artifact, quest and some NPC pages.
- I've worked on Redguard but my tasks for it aren't finished yet and I haven't played much of Battlespire.
- I didn't do much work on Morrowind, but I did have a Bloodmoon project for a time and I'm planning on doing a Tribunal project soon.
- Since our merge with OblivioWiki in the early days and our improvement of Oblivion pages, I don't do much for those articles but I do sometimes work on Shivering Isles pages.
- I added info for Skyrim in my earlier edits, but we have most of it covered. Is still worked on fixing the Dragonborn pages recently and sometimes add needed images for NPCs.
- I have a lot of work to do for ESO. So far I have over 250 images of NPCs needed to be cropped and a list of NPC pages needing to be created. I also need to work on ESO locations.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia What are you ideas to improve the wiki?
- I think I answered as much as I can about the topic in the last question.
'The Elder Scrolls Wikia 'Do you think administrators are more important than normal users in some situations?
- Everyone is equal, nobody is better than anybody else. But, can you run a school without any teachers? Staff are here to improve the wiki and help guide users. Without admins there wouldn't be much order. Admins are essential for every wiki, but not more important.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia If you could change something in the TESWikia, what would it be?
- I've been discussing improvements with CCC lately. No wiki is perfect, there are always things needing to be changed, but I don't think I can list them.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia For those who aren’t familiar with your contributions here, describe us a bit about some of the things you do here.
- I add as much info for the TES games when I can. I revert vandalism, participate in forum discussions and add/replace images.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia What do you think is the importance of the FA or GA in our community ? Do you think it could be improved?
- Featured articles are generally covered for the most part. Good articles are need of a re-haul or update.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia When you first came here, and you first edited, did you know you'll one day get to the point where you are?
- I didn't think I could. It was something I aspired to be, TombRaiser was my role model, but it was never a something I thought I could achieve 3 years ago.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia Do you have any final thoughts or words of wisdom you’d like to share?
The Elder Scrolls Wikia Did you like TESO?
- I didn't expect to like it, but it is a LOT better than I thought it was.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia If you lived in Skyrim, where would you live and why?
- Markarth. City is corrupt to the core, but it's a nice cozy place if you don't go investigating the Forsworn.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia Do you think Aela the Huntress is the cutest women in the world of Skyrim?
- An odd question, but she's more fierce and brave than cute. I prefer Beleval, probably because I'm a Bosmer, but hey.
- I've been a long time Imperial supporter. I mean, yeah, sure, the Empire tried to execute you in the beginning of the story, but that's not a reason why I wouldn't join them. Ulfric Stormcloak let's his personal views get in the way; he's racist against non-Nords unless they join his side. He uses Talos as a cover-up for his personal ambitions of power. I can't fight for something I don't believe in, and I don't believe in Talos either. Talos is real no doubt, but not a god that I would worship or give my life for. The Empire may be under the control of the Third Aldmeri Dominion for now, but I still fight for what they stand for. I can't betray them after 4 games of fighting alongside them can I? If anyone disagrees with me, that's fine, you can discuss it further on my talk page if you feel like it.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: Who's your favorite divine in Skyrim?
- Meridia. Unlike the Vigilants of Stendarr who purge all creatures they don't think have the right to exist, Meridia has good morals. She's a Daedra, yeah, but she acts more like an Aedra. She's also an ally in ESO and is one of the few good Daedra out there.
RE:Community message Edit
- Ah, Ill leave it be for now, fix it next time we update it. Otherwise people who already saw it will get another notice. Thanks.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 05:11, March 22, 2015 (UTC)
You made it far, mate. I just came back to the wiki and I'd like to catch up, but congratulations on all of the prosperous work and stuffz and things.
Yoyo 22:36, March 22, 2015 (UTC)
Hey there, I was wondering if you are still planning on doing the interview with me and Dave?
Unused Gifs Edit
There are a few unused Gifs you uploaded for personal use. I am trying to remove all unused images possible and I wanted to make sure you did not need them before I removed them. I can give you a few days, otherwise I need to delete them.
Hey there Jar Jar, I was wondering when the interview was going to go down. Are you going to send me something to fill out or is this usually done in chat or something?
I am looking forward to it.
Interview ideas Edit
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: Hey there Madman! How are you doing ?
- Madman97: I am doing fantastic, Jar Jar. And guess who I brought with me?
- Dave': Hello. It's been a while.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: what is your global point of view of the wikia's situation ?
- Madman97: Really, I think the situation has improved over the months and we are not in as dire straits as we were recently. With a wonderful new Admin who actually follows the advice of the community, I think we are really getting back on track.Dave?
- Dave: That's kind of a tough question, because I wasn't around for most of the stuff that happened here recently.
- Madman97: Dave here left around the Second User Recession for those of you who don't know, right after Jimeee left.
- Dave: Yeah, and I did my best to avoid that crap. I was filled in on the current situation now because Madman asked me to come back for a brief time to conduct this interview, so I can say is...Cool beans.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What do you think is the best quality of this Wiki?
- Madman97: Hmm.....
- Dave: (laughs): I think that's your answer.
- Madman97: Oh hush Dave, before I feed you to the niefbefbviebv's. The best part of this wikia to me is, ironic enough given all that has happened, its accessability. When I first started out, it was easy for me to jump right in.
- Dave: I have to give you that one, half because I really can't think of anything else, and half because it was pretty easy for me to join the community to. That doesn't make this wikia a bad place, it just means I am drawing a blank because I am on the spot...Hmm...I would say the articles. The articles are good and that's what matters, right?
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What would you like to improve here and what would you like to improve about our community?
- Madman97: I think I am going to refuse answering this question because I am sure someone is not going to like it and fill the comment section with obscenities.
- Dave: I really can't say anything because I am not actually a part of the wikia anymore.
- Madman97: I have done my best to give my two cents to the public, which is a dangerous gamble, especially since it's me we're talking about here. In fact, this whole thing might have got started because of me, because the second after I returned from a few month hiatus to speak with user: Labcoat Billy, I decided to make an analysis blog of problems with the wikia. Soon after, that was all anybody was talking about; it was going on in chat, it was being discussed in blogs, in the forums, ect. Happy to--
- Dave: Cause trouble?
- Madman97: --bring things to other's attention. I admit my methods are not for everyone, but I have done my best to try and steer the website in the right way, even if that brings me into conflict with others. Who can fault me for that?
- Dave: Everyone, if you do it wrong.
- Madman97: Shut up, Dave. As for the community, um...geez, I can't anything that wouldn't piss off somebody somewhere. Part of me just wants to go the narcissist route and say "Just listen to me," but unfortunately, that doesn't really fly.
- Dave: Maybe it is best we keep our two cents to ourselves on this one.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: How did you discover the wiki?
- Madman97: Oh dear Lord, this story. Um...Well, you see...
- Dave: He didn't know the stone vault symbols were on the back of the claws and he got stuck when he tried to open one.
- Madman97:...Yeah...And Dave discovered this website because of me, obviously. During the times in my Yale dorm when we were hanging about, I started creating my blogs on here for the first time and I thought it would be pretty funny to include him, so I recorded the conversations we had over Elder Scrolls discussions and put them into the blogs context whenever I was going to include him. It was fun, and this time is no exception.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: How did you get into editing?
- Madman97: Like any great editor. For absolutely no reason at all. I went on the Lore page and copy/pasted most of the stuff from the Daedra and Aedra pages and thought it was suitable. Afterwards I got a notification from an Admin about it. That was actually the very first thing I did when I signed up in the summer of 2013.
- Dave: I never edited any pages. I just went along for the ride with the Wabbajack Grinding and I got the fun idea I could write blogs too.
- Madman97: The bulk of both our edits came from contributions to the forums and blogs. In my early days here, I was actually on the forums a lot, and I had very legendary debates over the Kirkbride hullabaloo.
- Dave: And since we know Madman97 is a bit of a hard-@$$ when it comes to arguing, we know how that ended up...
- Madman97: Indeed: In an epic victory for me.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: You are a popular blogger here. Could you tell us what is the kind of blogs you are doing?
- Madman97: Well most Generation X users who have been here since 2013 know what I do. I do the "You Know What Really Grinds My Wabbajacks?" series, undoubtedly my most popular one. That first started after I made my first blog, which a lot of people seemed to like, so I decided to make another one. By then I was making a bit of a name for myself in the Forums, and that gained a bigger audience for me. Sadly, the series has not aged well due to the wait for an ESO console game, but you had better believe it will return when it comes out. I do others as well when the mood strikes me. I make theory blogs, including my Daedra Home Theory, my Jyggalag and the Elder Scrolls Theory, the Peryite Theory, Why I Think CHIM is Wrong, and much more. These garner a good amount of discussion as well among the other users. However, it has been a while since my last one, as a much more pressing subject has taken over. Political speech is something of a dangerous venture for anyone to undertake, and my first crack at it was met with much derision. I made a satrical blog about revolting against the current Admins (Jimeee), and it was unfortunately taken too seriously, and it seriously damaged my reputation. I already mentioned that I pretty much set in motion the events that caused Anubis to quit due to the stress he was getting by being the spark that set everyone's conversations and harbored feelings off. I recently read a blog by CosmicSilver about the state of the wikia, a carbon copy of the one I did when Anubis was the Admin. I'll be honest, now that I see other people doing them, I realize why I got some of the backlash I did, because it just seems to blow everything out of proportion.
- Dave:....Yeah....I just did Blog Critic, which was fun for a while, but no one was really reading blogs anymore, and when I decided to pick on user: ManOfSteak a little too much, that damaged my reputation beyond repair, and I was getting bored of it, so I left.
- Madman97: Happy times for everyone.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: Could you give a little description of the Wabbajack Grinding?
- Madman97: Oh, writing those things were great. They were basically overexaggerated feelings that I felt about some gameplay for the Elder Scrolls, and expressing them formed the basis of my character here and for years to come. They were seasonal, with varying amounts of episodes within a season. Every now and again I would shake things up a little, create contests, plan cross-overs with other users. Everything was a party, and I had a damn good time being involved in the project.
- Dave: Doing Wabbajack Grinding was also fun for me because I think I provided a straight man for Madman to work off of and create good comedic moments an audience would actually laugh at. The idea was just to talk about things that made us angry, and it was easy! And more importantly, it was fun.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: Tell us a bit about your time here.
- Madman97: Bangers and Mash, where do I begin? I think my time here has been...What's the word Dave where it's bitter but it is sweet?
- Dave: Bittersweet?
- Madman97: Yeah, that's the one. Bittersweet. It's had its ups and downs. Part of the problem would be myself of course. Unfortunately, my character was a double edged sword. When I acted like a loon in my blogs, people tended to not take me seriously and disregard my arguments. However, I do think it was my own fault doing anything other than my blogs in the first place, so I guess I am responsible for ruining everything by trying to reach out to the community and connect with them. But if there is anything the internet has shown us, public sites can be a mean-spirited place. That's not to insult the wikia, it's just whenever we clashed, we really clashed, and it's disheartening. Now for the good things about it. I love literature and writing, and I feel that writing my blogs helped me along by creating something permanent and will always be around. I loved sharing my thoughts with the community and my feelings about the certain parts of the game, and I grew to love this wikia because of it, and I will never abandon it like Dave over here.
- Dave (While eating cake): Guilty. My experience was very much limited to Madman's blogs until I created my own user profile. After that, I tried my hand at Blog Critic. Part of why it wasn't that popular is because it was the wrong time for blogs. There was a pretty good turnout for the first couple but everyone started to lose interest by the first seven, and I just grew bored. However, I still come here whenever I need to check something for Skyrim, or used to, since I haven't played Skyrim in forever, but you bet I will come back when ESO comes out.
- Madman97: And you can count on me to come back too.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: You are part of the Union Blogger.What is this?
- Madman97: Well, you tell me Jar Jar. You made the thing. To my knowledge, it's a tribune of bloggers in an alliance with myself, you, and Zippertrain85, and I don't ever think it went anywhere. Still, it's fun to have the template.
- Dave: I wasn't invited....
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: When you joined, were you afraid of editing?
- Madman97: Not really. Like I said, I just started editing for no apparent reason.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What are you ideas to improve the wiki?
Madman97: I have a couple, most of which are convoluted and would take at least a week to enact, with massive debates, voting sessions, and other things that would involved every member of the wikia in some way. Basically, they are things that no average user would want to participate in.
- Dave: My suggestions: I like the weekly update idea. Keep doing that.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: Do you think administrators are more important than normal users in some situations?
- Madman97: In some situations, sure. But we have to remember that an Administrator is really more of a Janitor for the website, and we shouldn't place the position on such a high pedestal. That was part of the problem when we were struggling to find an Admin during the Admin Crisis when most of our Admin's left. We were all caught up, me included, in pointless arguments when we should have kept our heads and figured something out. I am glad to see that it turned out the way it did, but I want everyone to remember that an Admin is just a job, not even a good job. You don't even get paid and you have to do all this stuff. Still, someone's gotta do it...
- Dave: I really have had no problems with any Admin. I found that if I left them alone, they left me alone. I never got involved in this community stuff.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: If you could change something in the TESWikia, what would it be?
- Madman97: I feel like this is the same question as the previous two exactly like this question, but whatever. If I had to change something, I would change the search box on top of the computer screen back down to where it was originally. It's not that big of a deal, but it's inconvenient.
- Dave: I....Yeah, I agree, that is annoying.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What do you think is the importance of the FA or GA in our community ? Do you think it could be improved?
- Madman97: I suppose now would be an awkward time that in all of my time here, I never really picked up on the lingo, and I don't actually know what those are...
- Dave (facepalm): Ugh....
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: You are doing your series with someone else, Dave. What is his role in your series?
- Dave: One word. Comedy. That's essentially my purpose. What's fun about playing this character is that we constructed an actual lore behind each of our characters.
- Madman97: The story goes: I am the deranged cousin of Sheogorath who lives in my own reserved section of the Shivering Isles called Ranty Land, where Dave, the estranged brother of Haskill, is my servant, and together we broke through Oblivion to drive the people mad with rants about the Elder Scrolls. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.....
- Dave: It's pretty much what you see is what you get. Take everything this weirdo said and put it into a blog and you basically have my skits for the series.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: How did he join the project?
- Madman97: I brought him in after I showed him what I was doing. I already mentioned how we do our blogs, and we were actually considering doing podcast's and YouTube videos rather than blogs. For a while, we were looking for a way to transfer these blogs into video form but it never got off the ground. It would require actual work.
- Dave: Doing a blog instead only takes five minutes. I was on at first as an inside joke, but Madman wrote me into continuity, and we just went from there. I miss those days where we did blogs regularly instead of every so often. My particular favorite was the Rivalry blogs, where me and Madman sat down to argue about something Elder Scrolls related, and the discussion about C0DA was really interesting.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What is your favorite weapon in Skyrim ? The only correct answer is the Wabbajack.
- Madman97: This is going to be blasphemy, but I hardly used the Wabbajack. I'm a straight magic user.
- Dave: Same. Oh, is this the end of the interview?
- Madman97: It seems like it. I hope everyone got to know some cool stuff, and we will probably see more of each other soon. Dave, closing words?
- Dave: Eh, I'm going to eat lunch. I'll probably never see anyone on here.
- Madman97: Cheery, as always. Stay Mad everyone.
- Dave: And Stay Ranty.(UTC)'Madman97 (talk) 02:07, April 4, 2015 (UTC)
- I probably should, hey ;) I'm about to go to sleep now, and wont get a chance to get online tomorrow (Brothers wedding). Would Sunday work? Or - if you send me some questions and I'll answer them when I get the chance? :) (Idk how it normally works lol) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 11:10, April 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh. You know, I really should have known that. Like... I *really* should have known that. Then again, I should have known that people would like the idea of taking the wiki offline for a whole day would be massively supported, and that Zenimax and Bethesda would take our bad April Fools Day joke, and make it into a massive game. So there you go :) Anyways - had I known that, I would have done an interview long ago. (I get time here and there, but its very difficult to set out specific times, as I leave when the kids wake up/scream, etc Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 11:16, April 10, 2015 (UTC)
Guild leader Edit
Jar-Jar Binks, I have a question. Since Fire Wolf Pup left the Wiki, Team Daggerfall has been leaderless. Now, Rim of the Sky doesn't want to be the leader, because he says that he hasn't contributed enough yet. I am only semi-active, and I don't think anyone is else is around to help anymore. So, my question is: does the guild leader have to have been a major contributor, and what happens if we have no leader? Thanks for any help. Emperor Maximus (talk) 19:00, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
On a much difference note Edit
Just asking to get the ball rolling - those templates of yours. - Interview header, union blog, etc - are they likely to be fixed anytime soon-ish? I only asked because they've been nominated for deletion - and I'm loathe to do that if you're going to fix them :) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 11:38, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
Page OPE : TatouagesEdit
Salut Jar. J'aimerai savoir si on peut utiliser la page "Tatouages" que tu avais créer il y a quelque temps ? Ca me parrait être une belle page bien structurée et complète^^ Gol D Shanks (talk) 08:59, April 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay. Not sleeping til I finish this thing :P Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 11:38, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
Bards Guild Edit
I think that the news team and top bloggers should start a guild. This guild would be more of a social thing, but we could use some guilds like that. You should talk to SleepingIII and Madman about it, to just name a few.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 06:27, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
RE:Rights request Edit
- Just missed each other didn't we?-im lurking in chat again. At some point we should be here at the same time.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 01:03, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry I didnt say bye, was answering a question. To answer yours, yes. With the two of them gone we need somebody to step up. I think we can manage for now, but its better to prepare ahead then have a rushed application we would regret later. Not that we have to many people to worry about.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 02:51, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
Hey there and sorry for the delay. So, it makes more than one year that my first interview with AES came out and, i'm quite surprised actually that this project is still running and, as popular, and maybe more than it was in it's beginning. Anyway, today, i'm interviewing one of the longest-serving user on the TES, been here since 2011, and is also one of our bureaucrats. He came here, hoping to make this place a great wiki, and, maybe, one of the best wikia existing. I don't think he could ever have imagined that this same wikia he first came on, would become what it is today. We do owe him a damn lot indeed. So, to show my own gratitude, I decided to interview him, and, for those who are new here, please, take 5 minutes to read the interview of the Kangor father of this wikia, Timeoin
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: For those who aren’t familiar with your Contributions, tell us a bit about some of the things you do here. 1. Some of the things I do here? That is actually a really tough question to answer, really. It really depends on the day. Some days, I do a bit of everything, really. Some days I go and find a bunch of pages that need categories added to them. Sometimes I go and find references for pages that need it - I do whatever I can to help out the wiki. I'm on here far from as often as I'd like, but I do what I can. The wiki's given me a lot - so I do what I can to help others in return :) (I'm glad you didn't ask me what I'm working on - because I once did a tasklist of things to do, and then started another one before that was even finished, I have that many things to do eventually :P)
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: In your words, what does it mean to be a bureaucrat here? 2. I actually kind of answered that one partly above. A Bureaucrat really isn't all that different from anyone else here. I'm just another editor really - anyone can do all those things that I talked about above. (And some people do do those, which is awesome!)
Honestly though - there are very few actual differences between a bureaucrat and an editor. I can remove spam/other pages needing to be deleted, that's about the only real difference. Other than that, the only thing I really try and do as bureaucrat is to make sure that there IS no major differences between staff and bureaucrats. I do everything I can to make sure that what we do is as open as possible, and that everyone can have their say as to what the community does. (For instance, the popularity of the CT thread).
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: How did you first discovered The Elder Scrolls universe ? 3. An odd story actually. There was an online comic called Ctrl-Alt-Delete. One of the characters was talking about a game on there at the time called Morrowind. (Which was a few years old at that point in time). About 6 months later, I was at Harvey Norman, and I saw it in the bargain bin, and not knowing anything other than that the fictional character liked it, purchased the game.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: How did you discover this wikia and what made you decide to contribute here? 4. Indirectly, through other wikis on wikia such as Wookiepedia. Found a link here for some reason, saw it was a real mess, and started fixing it :) (It was that or do my uni work - so no contest really :P)
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: Do you have any advice or words of wisdom for anyone who is interested in becoming an active contributor here? 5. There are probably two main pieces of advice that I can give: Firstly - get involved, and start editing. If you see something is wrong - fix it - or ask someone, if you don't know how to do so yourself :) The second piece of advice fits in with that a little bit - and that is to get involved in the community here. Whether thats on the forums, on talk pages, or the chat - just get involved. If you're here, you're probably interested in the series itself (unless you stumbled here by accident - in which case - welcome!) - but you know what - we're all interested in the same thing - so you're going to make some really great friends here. I know I certainly have :)The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What was your reaction when you played to Skyrim for the first time ? 6. Idk - for me the reaction was kind of dulled a bit by my job as admin. I was trying to experience literally EVERYTHING, so I could add it all to the wiki later on in the day. It made it somewhat difficult to fully enjoy it as I should have. (It happened anyway though - the game itself is incredibly detailed both in gameplay, lore, and obviously, the graphics themselves).
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What is your opinion of TESO ? 7. ESO? I'm a little bit mixed on my feeling of this one. I want it to be a massive success. (I don't know if you remember or not, but there was that big April fools day joke that backfired majorly? (Sorry about that, folks!). Idk - when you play the game, you can tell that they've tried to pay as much attention to lore as they can, whilst still being an MMO. That said - at times, the characters DO feel a bit one-dimensional. (Being an MMO, there are characters with literally one, or no lines. And then there's the whole subscription thing - I actually stopped playing the game altogether cause of that. (NA server literally ALWAYS went down at the same time of day, and it was prime gametime for Australians like myself. (9 or 10pm AEST - until well after midnight). I'd just get my kids to sleep in time for servers to end.
- The Elder Scrolls Wikia:
Could you describe to us the TES when you first came here ?
- 8. How much time do you have? :P Nah, it was a complete and utter shambles when I FIRST arrived here. Bear in mind - this was literally nothing like what it is today. At the time - there was a massive total of 600 pages, across the entire site. (We have almost 30,000 now, by contrast). The only editors here were the occasional vandal who stumbled here, and an admin who literally logged in once a month, just to keep his "admin" status. Needless to say - we are a long way from those days.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What is your best TES related memory? My best memory though - well, I'll lead on from the last sentence. Since starting when I did, we then merged with the Skyrim wiki (which was a wiki, as you might imagine, about Skyrim). We had some lore pages - they had some people editing, so it was a good match :). The downside though, was the editors from that other site would occasionally drop by to berate us for existing at all. The reason I included all of this - probably my best memory here was the week Skyrim came out. The reason why - we actually not only, as a community and site, proved why we should be here (Not to mention that we had more Skyrim information than the official elder scrolls website, even up to launch day), but we actually went out and broke Wikia records in terms of pageviews. Like ... COMPLETELY smashed it. (40 million in the one week). Definitely a highlight - because the whole community put in a lot of hard work to get the site to the point where that was possible.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What is it you really like here ?
- 9. Probably the easiest question to answer - the community is what I like here. I said above somewhere that you find a lot of people here who like the same thing - and that's really why I keep coming back from day to day. I try to let you guys come up with your own solutions and suggestions for things as much as possible - because, in a weird way, I'm kinda like the "father" here, like you said at the very very start. So its good to see what my metaphorical children come up with to make the site better and better. That metaphor got away from me a bit, but I hope you understand what I mean - basically, you guys make things better, and think of things I would never have thought of. CONSTANTLY. So that's why I keep coming back. (That, and I'm somewhat stubborn - I'll probably keep coming back until literally every single link goes where its supposed to - so its fairly safe to say I'll be here for a while!)
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: : Has the work you do on here helped you in real life at all?
- 10. Yes and no - It has, in the sense that no matter how bad things get in Real Life (Just recently had a really, really rough patch), there's always this place to come back to and lose myself in for a bit. And no because - well, unfortunately, one cannot edit wiki's for a living, unless you're lucky enough to be Wikia Staff or something.
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What would you like to improve here ? 11. Oh gosh. There are literally so many things. We're still early days really - I am pretty bad at organisation - I start improving one aspect of the wiki, and then I'll get distracted by something else, and then something else again, and so on. The end result is that I think I've had at least a dozen "to do lists", and have never actually completely finished ANY of them. But we're still new, really. Plenty of time yet - I see this as a long-term thing. Its probably BETTER that there is still a lot of stuff left to do and add - or else all our editors would get extremely bored. (It's the reason I didnt join the other site back at the start - literally couldn't think of where to begin).
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: : You have a child dont you ? How did it affect your activity here ? 12. I actually have two children now. Ethan and Lilah. (If you remember the question above about how i came across the TES series - they're named after two of the main characters in that. As for my activity - it really does affect it. (Well, that, and having a full time job). Then again - the fact that it took me a week or two to actually answer these should have proven that! :)
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: What do you think of the TESWikia situation actually ? 13. Depends what you mean by situation. See, you have to remember - I'm Grandpa/Father Timeoin. I've been here a very long time. I have a somewhat longer-view of the wiki than you might. (Side note - have you ever read the Dune series? Kinda like Leto really, but different in that im not a tyrannical worm - but the long-view of time here, and moving forward and constantly improving is definitely the same). Aaaanyways - yeah, the issues that we have been having recently are similar to ones that we've had in the past, with other editors. What's that line from the best tv series ever, Battlestar Galactica? "All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again?" - It's that, basically. People edit for a period of time, then, unfortunately, either life or conflict/dispute over something happens, and regrettably, the editor leaves. We don't WANT them to leave, obviously, but leave they do. The only difference being - they've contributed to making the wiki a better place while they were here. Whether that be actual editing, or just strengthening the community via the bonds of friendship - the wiki and the community is just that little bit stronger. That's how I see it anyway. (I try not to get tooo bogged down in editing conflicts if I can avoid it - because, being here as long as I have, my voice carried more weight than I want it too. I would much rather that folks make up their own minds about things as much as possible, and me only step in where its needed. Sometimes that works. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm not perfect either - which is why I prefer to not play "god" with decision making. We all love this awesome series, so we are all clearly intelligent, rational, people - so as a general rule, we can be relied upon to come to reasonable, sensible decisions. (Case in point - the bot vote currently).
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: : We've been trough some kind of crisis recently. Do you think it's over ? 14. Um... I hope so? There are signs to say that it might be - Lets just say that I'm cautiously optimistic. Either way - it's may now, and Tamriel Unlimited is released in June (or July? One of them), so pretty soon we'll have a raft of new editors here, more than likely. This is both a boon and a curse - a boon because there are a lot of people eager to share what they know, and at the same time, a curse in some ways too, because it can upset some established editors, particularly when the newbies are still learning the ins and outs of the wiki. (Accidentally moving pages, for example ... not that I did that as a newbie :P)
The Elder Scrolls Wikia: : What would you like to improve here ? 15. I think you asked this one already. lol. I'll do this one as a less generalized answer this time. One thing I'd really like to see here would be the introduction of sub-boards. As someone whose used proper forums in the past (and moderated a few, too) - it really does constrict what we can actually do with them, as we can't put resolved threads in a sub-board. (That same discussion topic also had the suggestion of a FAQ page for games - which is a great idea, IMHO. One other thing I would change though - would be the ESO pages themselves. We're struggling a bit at the momment with pages for things that aren't on the Aldmeri Dominion side of things - so any help anyone can give there would be greatly appreciated. It's pretty difficult to work out if characters are spelt wrong, for instance, if there is no page for said characters :) Other than that - the rest of it is coming along in time. (The "Guilds" pages was a great idea, for example - now there's a specific group editors can join if they'd like to help out with a particular game - seriously brilliant idea. Anyways - sorry about rambling a bit in this interview - I've had very little sleep, and I ramble a bit when that happens Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 12:10, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
Once again, thanks to Timeoin for giving us a few moments of his time. We'll meet again in two weeks for our next interview. if you have any idea of interviews i should do or any comments, feel free to leave a comment !
..now im confused! Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 12:09, May 8, 2015 (UTC) Heh. Okay :) I was more just confused because I saw the part where it said "leave a comment" :P Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 17:14, May 8, 2015 (UTC)