first off, don't worry about sounding like a noob, I just became admin and I am having to learn policy's and codes I never had to use before, so I feel like a noob right now. If if I new everything I needed to, being new is not something you should be sorry for, we all start out this way.
As for your question. I am afraid I do not know the policy about the quote marks. I myself see the use of the quotes, but can see how some would say its a distraction. Can you show me a couple of examples of articles that show the quotes so I can see how they are used. I am also going to ask Atvelonis, as he has been working more on articles the last few weeks then I have.
On another note. How did you enjoy working on fable answers? I was admin on wikiawnsers for awhile, but we felt so behind it wasn't even funny. I wanted to just delete half that wiki to get us caught up. Although from the looks of it you guys do not have that problem.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 08:31, February 4, 2015 (UTC)
- When I started on Fable Answers they had like 19% unanswered questions but through some hard work by a few people we got it down to 0% and have kept it below 1% thereafter. I'll find a page and show you what I mean about quotations but it's just that in some places the have for example: "Unbound" and most others have Unbound without the quotes.Garry Damrau(talk) 08:47, February 4, 2015 (UTC)
Skyrim quest quotes Edit
Hey Garry! CCC notified me about your question, and as it turns out, the names of quests are supposed to have quotes around them (the policy is found here). The exceptions to this would be if there is a list of quests, or if the quest is in a subheader. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Have fun editing! ―Atvelonis (talk) 15:06, February 4, 2015 (UTC)
- So, if I'm reading that right, it means that only the name of a quest on the same page as that quest should have quotation marks. Links to other related quests should not. Is that correct? Otherwise there is a ton of quest names that need to have quotation marks added-Garry Damrau(talk) 04:27, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, pages like Ulfric Stormcloak show perfect usage of quotation marks. Quests are in said marks when in paragraphs, but not when in lists/subheadings. So you can use that page for reference in the future. And yes, there is a whole lot of work to be done on this topic. ―Atvelonis (talk) 14:38, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
Re:Missing Blog Edit
I cannot find a blog you commented on related to this. But Thread:834422 sounds like what you are talking about.
I am unsure how I like it. It helps find broken links some since the colors change the way they do, but we have so few broken links it dosnt really do much for that. Its not the worst update, so I still use it.
Hi Garry. Yes, a bestiary for Dragonborn would be a good idea. You can go ahead and make one if you want to. And don't worry about people thinking you're badgehunting; I make a lot of small edits every day, doing so is necessary to keep wikis healthy. Happy editing! —Atvelonis (talk) 13:51, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
- P.S. You can be in the Skyrim Guild if you want, you are active enough. —Atvelonis (talk) 14:09, April 8, 2015 (UTC)
RE:Admin needed Edit
RE:Moving pages Edit
No need to apologize, I told you I would handle it and it never got done, if anything it should be be for at the very least not getting another admin to do it. Ill make sure the links are unused then delete them.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 08:16, May 18, 2015 (UTC)
- I only replied fact because the timing, but I am glad I was able to help. I don't really use that spell very often, we should look into this more, if this us true we might want to add it to the wiki.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 19:58, May 18, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Joining the Skyrim Guild Edit
Hey Garry! Sure, we'd be happy to have you in the guild. Admittedly, I have been rather preoccupied with administrative duties on the wiki along with real life, and have thus found it somewhat harder to add Skyrim content as of late. Having someone else in the guild to help out would be quite nice, especially someone who is good at working with tables and templates. You can add yourself to the list of members at the Guildhall, and if you have any specific projects in mind feel free to mention them to me. There's lots to do! Happy editing! —Atvelonis (talk) 17:28, May 25, 2015 (UTC)
Re: A personal greetingEdit
Skyrim Info Confirmation Edit
I read the advice you gave Kirkburn and was quite intrigued by the last bit of information you shared. If what you say is true, and enemies become stronger based on your level, then that explains why my necromancer was having difficulties. I used the Soul Trap Dead glitch to get him to level 100 Conjuration. TheMindOfMadness (talk) 21:59, June 26, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for mentioning. I read the reasons and I didn't know it used up a lot of reasources etc. so I'd go ahead and remove the image.
Just one thing that bugs me though... I learned how to put a picture on my signature from a mod (not going to name who) and I think an admin had already seen the image on my signature before but he only pointed out how my signature linked to my sandbox instead of my talk page. He wanted me to link the talk page instead. This seems pretty odd to me... Regardless, I've still removed it though for the reasons stated in the wikipedia page you linked. Thanks. :D ℛℯɲɀӼѴᶅ ← ᴛᴀʟᴋ 14:39, July 21, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Signatures Edit
Oh I never knew that :o thanks for bringing this to my attention. However a mod helped me make my signature and they even uploaded the pic for me so unless an admin actually tells me to remove it ain't hurting nobody. I'm sorry if that sounded disrespectful but I worked damn hard to get the perfect signature and I'm not about to let it be ruined. Queen Finelia the Mighty High Goddess of God Dimension (talk) 20:24, July 21, 2015 (UTC)
Skyrim Guild updateEdit
Just as a reminder to all members, we've got quite a few ongoing projects in addition to many different tasks that could use your help, in particular expanding stubs (or removing the stub template if there's sufficient information). Also, users who aren't active in the guild after 2-3 months will need to be removed, just as a heads up. Anyways, enjoy the weekend and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. --Shockstorm (talk) 23:22, November 14, 2015 (UTC)