|Archive 1: August 2006 to December 25, 2006|
|Archive 2: December 25, 2006 to February 22, 2007|
|Archive 3: February 22, 2007 to April 27, 2007|
|Archive 4: April 27, 2007 to October 26, 2007|
Welcome to my talk page, please feel free to leave me a message on this page, and I'll usually reply within 12 hours.
Hey man, I didn't really know where to put this so sorry if I did anyhting wrong. I got a huge amount of Oblivion pictures on my computer. Including at least one picture of all NPC's, creatures and all places. The pproblem is however that I don't know how to upload them here on the site. Can you help me ?
- First of all, welcome to OblivioWiki! To upload files, click on the link on the bottom left of the navigation menu (under "toolbox") that says Upload File. The upload page has some basic instructions for uploading files, but I don't blame you if you don't want to read all of it since it isn't all relevant anyway. Just select your file to upload, you can specify a new name if you wish in the destination field, and you should give the file a short description (which you can later edit by going on the image page and clicking "edit" at the top). Once the image is uploaded, you can attach it to any relevant articles by putting in this line of code in an appropriate place in the article:
- [[Image:imagename.jpg|thumb|right|image description]]
- Hope that clears everything up for you, if not feel free to ask. By the way, to sign your name at the end of comments on talk pages, use ~~~~. \*\ Hellhound43 17:22, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
- I can't find whether the navigation menu or the toolbox. Can you help me? Plus, it seems that many of the subjects I want to upload a picture for, are not stubs.
- PLEASE do not delete comments on talk pages from other users. The navigation menu is on the left-hand side of the wiki (that contains the links to the main page, recent changes, etc.) and the toolbox is down at the very bottom of the left-hand-side menu bar, below the sponsors list. You don't need to upload any pictures that we already have, unless you believe that a picture you have taken is a better representation of the given topic. Ah, I see you found it. \*\ Hellhound43 07:59, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
I know it's just a minor thing, but I was just updating the OblivioWiki:Administrators page. Because technically Gravewit no longer 'owns' or runs the site, should we de-mote his status, along with the other three inactive administrators (who I think were admins mainly because of administrating at GuildWiki)? --theSpectator talk 03:18, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- Well, it seems unlikely that they'd be back, but I'm inclined to say no because they could. Gravewit probably wouldn't, though. Then again, if they were to contribute to the wiki again, they could always ask for the admin status back. Hmm, yeah, it might be a good idea. While we're on the subject, shouldn't the GameWikis projects bar at the top be removed or replaced with something more appropriate for Wikia? \*\ Hellhound43 07:21, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- I'm keeping Fyren because IIRC, he does do technical things and such. It's possible we should reinstate Gravewit because he might still do some minor technical stuff with the wiki(s) in general, though I'm not sure as his exact status of wiki-contributing now, other than answering many e-mails regarding the move. But like you said, anyone who returns and is interested in helping out again is welcome to ask to be reinstated. --theSpectator talk 20:10, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- ;-) You're welcome. By the way, please put stub templates and what-not at the top of the article or section. The only thing that generally goes at the bottom is the categories (their placement doesn't matter in the presentation of the article, just when it's being edited). \*\ Hellhound43 01:07, 8 November 2007 (UTC)