Hello again Jgjake2! Um... I had a look at the Overlay template... and I have to say - that looks really cool! We could definitely use something like that! There would be countless uses for that, from the Provinces, to the map of Skyrim, heck even a map of the major cities would benefit from that. So yes, please add that, or show me how to add it - that would make the wiki much better. As for the top menus - Yes, you are right. It is pretty bad. Apologies about that - I will start fixing this right now :) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work•Skyrim To-Do List 04:06, November 23, 2011 (UTC)
New wiki features Edit
I'll gladly add the code to the common.js, since I'm really curious of how this is going to work :)
- Okay, I enabled the 'expanded wiki navigation'.
- I think changing the navigation to fit the content being viewed is a good idea, but I also think it can become confusing at times -- though I'm still not sure how that would work. One way I can see it working, is if the navigation had 4-5 permanent tabs plus a tab that would change with the content that you're viewing. So, for example, if I was looking at Morrowind pages, I would see all the regular menus where they should be plus an additional Morrowind tab with all the Morrowind info. If that is possible, then I'm fully on board :) --
(Talk)17:26, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
Hi there - just an enquiry. You added the following code to the location specific templates (forts, etc) in the category section:
What does this piece of code do?
I pasted the code into my global.js but nothing shows up. I tried it using both chrome and firefox, cleared the cache a couple of times, but I still don't see any extra menus.
I'll try to fill in all the menus for the other games and see if anything shows up then.
- Possible issue with the 'Popup Script'
Datalocust noticed that there's a problem with 'Category Suggestion' (his message) that only affects this wiki. After a closer inspection, I saw that the problem also appears on the Dead Island wiki, so I suspect it might be somehow related to the 'Popup Script'. Could you look into it and see if anything in the script could be causing this problem?
- I knew I messed something up while doing the menus :) And now, I can finally see the menus in action, and they look absolutely awesome. Although, the tabs seem to get duplicated on Arena and Morrowind pages, other than that, everything looks perfect :)
- Also, I'm going to ask Timeoin to try out the script, and if he likes it we may put it in common.js for all users to enjoy. Cheers --
(Talk)19:58, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
Hey There! This is Datalocust!
Hey Jgjake, I just wanted to say awesome job with those maps. They're really helpful for me as a Skyrim player, in addition to being very cool and easy to navigate, so thank you for that. Also, I was wondering how exactly you made those. I took a look at their coding, and it seems you added them in as templates (I could be wrong), but I was unable to locate those templates' pages. I'd really like to see if I could add this to another wiki I contribute to regularly, and so if you could allow me, and then help me with part of the project, that'd be greatly appreciated. If you're too busy or worn out or just don't want to though, then that's fine too, I understand :P.
Hey Jake, I wanted to tank you for the work on the Skyrim Mods page. I was thinking about doing it myself, but you have done it. I've added a few things like I tooken away the Dragonbone Weapon, added a Skyrim: Mods category, and changed the Mod template to the Skyrim colour.
The Reason I took out the Dragonbone weapon is because we should only allow useful things onto the Wiki, like Skip intro, Skill Helpers, Graphic Extenders, etc. Kacj321|Zomboid Wikia|Elder Scrolls Wikia 19:19, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay. Its fixed now :D Sorry about that :) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work•Skyrim To-Do List 10:26, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing the "add category" section at the page bottom. Do you know why it is not present on all pages? Several pages will list the categories but do not have the 'add categories' button. Most notably on pages like Template:Towns. Thanks, DLanyon (talk) 14:44, December 13, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks again bro!!!
Hey, I'd like to apologize for my lateness in a response, I was occupied with schoolwork and such. However, in response to your query, I was looking to possibly integrate it with the Assassin's Creed Wiki. Nostalgia AC Let's talk. 06:22, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
Highlighting of name Edit
Hey there - Noticed your name highlighting in this CSS page. This is perfectly alright with me, but I'd prefer to keep it on-wiki, rather than having the highlighting of names spread around various CSS pages. If you could remove it from there, I'd be more than happy to add you to our list on MediaWiki:Wikia.css and MediaWiki:Common.css. :) Elchzard (Talk to me.) 15:48, January 6, 2012 (UTC)
Greetings! I am the spokesman of Russian The Elder Scrolls Wiki. Timeoin said that you have created the interactive map of Skyrim on your Wiki. Also he said that he doesn't have any object against that we want to copy and translate this map into our Wiki. Unfortunatelly, we don't have such specialists that can make the "navigator" like you've made. That's why we decided to contact to our English partners.
I just wanted to make sure that you don't have any object against our copying it, too. Also if you aren't against, I wanted to ask you if you can help us if we will have any problems. Generally, we will translate it ourselfs, but if something will go wrong, we won't finish this project because we don't have enough specialists.
Hope that we can rely on you :)
P.S. Sorry if there are any mistakes in my massage. English is not my mother tongue, you know :)
- That is perfectly fine :) However, I suggest you completely rewrite the script from the source I started with (but this is merely a suggestion). Because I was only given admin rights on the Dead Island Wiki, I was only able to add to a single script file so it got a little overloaded and complex (I was also extremely lazy).
- But I would be more than happy to help convert it to work with your wiki. I also created a greasemonkey script that helps me plot points quickly on any of my maps if you are interested.
- Just a few questions so i know where to start:
- What exactly to you need/want it to do?
- Are there any features you want modified/updated?
- Is this only going to be used on the Russian Elder Scrolls Wiki? Or are there more wikis you wish to use this on also?
- 13:39, April 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Greatings again! As I understood, you could't make corrections in the templates because they are protected from editing? That's because I was afraid that someone will make something bad with it and I won't be able to correct it :) I will remove the protection for you.
- Secondly, you can write everything in English (I mean templates) I will translate it into Russian later. Also, you don't have to use online translator while writing massages to me because I understand English pretty good :) You know, Russian language is very hard so every translator won't translate correctly.
- Now about your questions:
- I would like our interactive map to work like yours. We will definitely need your help because we don't have programmers :(
- If you mean templates of the map than no. I didn't modified anything just translated into Russian some sentences.
- It is just for our TES Wiki. By the way, I am admin only here so I ask you to help only on this Wiki.
- What I've already done is that I copied all templates from Map temlates. All these templates are in the category with same name.
- All links you will need I will give on your page on Russian Wiki. Of couse if you don't mind to correct them :)
- If you will have some difficulties with translation, I will help you. I will try to help you anywhere you will need help during your work with templates, but notise, that I don't understand anything in such scripts :)
- Many tanks for your reply, my friend! If you will make such interactive map for us we will be extremely greatful to you!
Interactive map againEdit
Greetings! We've got a problem and we need your help. I translated the map but I faced to a problem with the popup windows. When I click the icon of the location, appears the window which sais that the page does't exists. And it is shown on every icon. If I click "Create page" the adress of the page is shown as .D0.A5.D1.80.D0.B0.D0.BC_.D0.9F.D1.80.D0.B8.D0.B7.D1.8B.D0.B2.D0.B0.D1.82.D0.B5.D0.BB.D0.B5.D0.B9_.D0.9D.D0.BE.D1.87.D0.B8
Does it mean the Russian letters are not supported?
Furthermore, the highlight of locations does't work. I tried to find out if I didn't load any image, but I didn't find.
Hope, that you will help us :)
- Oh. It looks like it converts russian letters to hex. All you have to do it change the "." characters to "%" characters and it will work. I will fix the script to work with hex characters in just a minute. You may have to refresh your cache in order to see it fixed.
- 20:16, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
Hallo again. Just wanted to say that there is a bug in your map. When the number of locations is less than 21, the map starts to swear and says about some unexpected operator "<" below the table. It happens both on our wiki and on English wiki. Can it be repaired somehow? I tryed to fix it by myself but nothing happened.
(OdAvIInG | TalK)
- That's the bug. Template's not ready yet, but the Plains district (Равнинный район) already shows the error. There're 3 sections but less than 21 locations. Random method of repairing did't gave any results xD
- (OdAvIInG | TalK)
Grid SVG images Edit
Interactive Skyrim mapEdit
Salutations. Not sure how active you are on Wikia, but it's been brought to my attention that the Skyrim map you designed is no longer functioning. Probably the depreciated HTML that Wikia's been screwing with. If you get this, do you think you could McGyver something? If not, that's no big deal; I'm sure we'll figure something out. Thanks! --—Deyvid Petteys (bother \ stalk) 15:19, July 30, 2012 (UTC)
Hi! Sorry for disturbung you once again with the map, but on our Wiki it still doesn't work. As I understood, I've had to add "!important" for "th" elements. After I saw that it gave no results I copied the whole code of the template but still broken... So I thought that may be there is something else I had to do?
- Emmm, yesterday I saw that you've made some chanhes in Popup.js, but you din't respond to my question. Everything I want to know is wheather will you help or not? So will you? :D
- (OdAvIInG | TalK) 15:48, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Adding Interactive Map to Another Wiki Edit