Remember that you should always sign your comments on talk and vote pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~.
Welcome to the Elder Scrolls Wiki! Edit
Welcome to the Elder Scrolls Wiki!
Stealing UESP Images Edit
- What image did i exactly violate because i havent uploaded anything from UESP....
- and the images arent yours there Bethesdas or the uploader and since their one of those two i beleive we have the right to "fair use" i may be wrong but im pretty sure you guys dont own those pictures. UESP is a public website there for any public content can be used by anyone. I read the link you posted for UESP copyright and ownership and people dont have to credit you guys for the image, people have to credit Bethesda since its there content being posted. Im not looking for an argument but i would like some feed back so we can get the truth out. This fued between UESP and Elder Scrolls Wikia needs to stop because more and more lies are popping up everyday and people are getting banned for no reason. And one more time what image did i upload from UESP?
- Thanks Kidtragic (talk) 15:49, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- UESP's copyright policy is clearly explained in the link I provided, and should answer most of your misconceptions. I've found the Bioware site from which you took the images and have contacted them separately.
- Just to be really, really clear here: you do NOT have the right to upload images from the Internet under your own name. It's dishonest. Make your own images and upload those instead of passing off the work of others as your own. –rpeh •T•C•E• 20:13, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
I can see you completley botched what i said and asked...
Refering to this: Just to be really, really clear here: you do NOT have the right to upload images from the Internet under your own name. It's dishonest. Make your own images and upload those instead of passing off the work of others as your own. ..... I havent said that it was my work and that im passing it as my own... ITS BETHESDA'S you do not own any of the pictures on UESP even if you took those pictures once they are posted in a public domain they arent yours. According to the...Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.5) we are free to to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix — to adapt the work to make commercial use of the work. As long as we give credit to the the author or the licencor... Bethesda not UESP. One thing is you didnt take EVERY picture on UESP and even if you did whats in the pictures is Bethesda Licenced content its not yours... its not ours... its Bethesda's. Let me give you an example.... A new screenshot of a Altmer comes out Bethesda posts it, UESP takes it and puts it on there page we see it we take it from you guys. You do not have the right to take down the picture it is not yours it is not ours its is Bethesda's.
I have looked over the "Fair Use" agreement. We have the right to Fair use too! In August 2008 U.S. District Judge Jeremy Fogel of San Jose, California ruled that copyright holders cannot order a deletion of an online file without determining whether that posting reflected "fair use" of the copyrighted material. You state that you have copyright rights on the material in your website... fair use applies only to copyrighted works, describing conditions under which copyrighted material may be used without permission. If a work is not copyrighted, fair use does not come into play, since public-domain works can be used for any purpose without violating copyright law. Your website is a public domain any content is public! We can use it blow joe can use it. As long as we state its from YOU, or BETHESDA just beacuse its not UESP thats getting credited dosent mean its "breaking the rules"
Quoted offf UESP: The content of UESP is licensed freely under the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License (also called the by-sa license). This means that you retain ownership of any contribution you submit to us, but you permanently license the right to use it to this site. The by-sa license is a copyleft license, meaning the text of the articles can be copied, modified, and redistributed as long as the new version acknowledges the authors of the article and grants the same freedoms to others. So what this says is it can be COPIED and MODIFIED as long as we state the authors and give them credit.... UESP is made up of users just like us the users write the articles so if anything we should give them the credit... Again quoteed off UESP...The copyright of a particular edit is owned by the user who made the edit... NOT UESP. Yet another quote from UESP...Secondly, there is the control of the site. As it is said below the "Save Page" button of every page, you allow all of your contributions to UESPWiki to be edited, altered, or removed by the community. If you don't want your writing to be edited, then you do not need to submit it here. Therefore, the community of UESP has the authority and control over most of the content on UESP.... Its the communities work of UESP not UESP itself.
A US court case in 2003, Kelly v. Arriba Soft Corporation, provides and develops the relationship between thumbnails, inline linking and fair use. look that up if you want....
Im going to repeat myself one more time UESP and all of its content is PUBLIC. Its a public website and domain therefore anyone can use your images and/or text. The UESP logo and website is the property of the creator: Dave Humphrey. He made UESP a public domain. And again your work may be copyrighted and you may have some rights reserved but if it is Copyrighted and falls under a public domain its can be Copied/Altereted/Sumbited by other people, websites, or organizations for non-profit activities.
I will give you this : (quoted from UESP) Copyright information must be added to the image description of every image. Screenshots and logos from Bethesda and their games are copyrighted by them, but we are allowed to host them under United States law's "fair use" doctrine. Images licensed under our license or those in the public domain are preferred. <<<< you see that last word there :) it says prefered. Its prefered by UESP that we give them the credit but its not nesscacary... as long as we give credit to Bethesda. :) UESP follows the same rules.
Also i would really apreciate it if you wouldnt harrass the community on Elder Scrolls Wikia. UESP's copyright policy is clearly explained in the link I provided, and should answer most of your misconceptions. I've found the Bioware site from which you took the images and have contacted them separately. < remember when you said that? I feel a hint of Threats in there but maybe thats just me.
I would gladly credit UESP if we had to but according to your own link its only "prefered" and where ever you got the idea that i was saying i took these images and there mine! is obviously not true I and this website give all credit to Bethesda Softworks. Im sure you didnt take the time to carefuly read what i posted but again.... UESP and Elder Scrolls Wikia are great websites and this is not a Legal, copyright, or Fair use argument this is starting to be a Fued between to competing websites. And i have talked to an Admin about this argument and he said it was fine. So please stop harrasing people on this wikia withought knowing the truth. I will debate more with you but it seems poinless... but never-the-less i will if you come back with a good enough statement.
Thank you kindly :) Kidtragic (talk) 22:24, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- First, you should learn to use talk pages properly. When I post here, you should reply here. You should also learn how to indent properly.
- Second, please don't pretend you understand what you're talking about with regard to copyright law. As our page clearly states: "You must give attribution to the article from which the content was taken." The images on UESP represent a huge effort on our part to provide the best possible experience for our users. For you to pass these images off as your own work violates Fair Use and is unacceptable. The "prefered" (sic) section you cite isn't related to your use of our images, it's there to let our users know NOT to steal images from other sites.
- I'm not going to waste further time with you. Either stop taking our images, give us the appropriate credit, or I will have you banned. Your call. –rpeh •T•C•E• 07:33, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
Okay well seeing as you completly disregaurded what i said yet again and decided to insult me, im not going to talk to someone who thinks their above everyone else. Yets again i never took credit for the images. Seeing as i clearly won this argument i have no reason to talk to you. I uploaded one image from UESP so im sooooo sorry. Please stop harrasing the community with threats and insults or i may have to contact an admin. Please don't reply to this for i am done talking with you. Thanks :)
Kidtragic (talk) 18:44, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I have asked one of the site admins to intervene, given that you aren't prepared to follow the law. Or learn about talk pages. Or indenting. –rpeh •T•C•E• 21:54, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
Wow, this Rpeh guy is hilarious. He gets on people for spelling errors when he can't even tell the difference between article talk pages and user talk pages? I hope he's not around when Skyrim finally comes out, have enough weirdos to put up with on The Vault without having more here. User talk:Great_Mara 02:26, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
Really nice done, thanks! :D For the signatures, what sort of signature are you thinking of? A custom signature for the wikia, I presume? :)
- No problem! I'll see what I can do. You'll have you signature done first thing tomorrow! :)
- Zluhcs (talk) 21:32, September 19, 2011 (UTC)
- I have made you three different types of signatures, as you requested. They are quite similar to my German-flag signature that I made a while ago, except the colors.
- You can choose one of them by pressing here (or the "edit" button over this message) , and then view it in "source"-mode. Then you can copy and paste the code to the "custom signature" box under "My preferences" (which you access pressing the user portrait in the upper-right corner of the wikia) and crossing the "custom signature" box. This will enable you to use your new signature.
- If there is anything else-
- Zluhcs (talk) 11:44, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Kidtragic (talk page)
- Kidtragic (talk page)
- Kidtragic (talk page)
Hey, Kidtragic Edit
I was just curious to know if you were the elderscrolls wikia user who was having the little temper tantrum on IRC a few nights ago. If it was you, you'll know what I mean. If it wasn't, sorry for cluttering up your talk page and stuff. 184.108.40.206 22:04, September 20, 2011 (UTC)