Skyrim Remaster Edit
Hello, just a quick head's up since you are on the news team. Regarding the drama with Fallout 4 mods for consoles. Probably worth looking at leading up to the Skyrim remaster available this October, with mod support. I'm sure you can find enough info on the subject, as it's a current story. Conan's Armpit (talk) 13:29, June 20, 2016 (UTC)
Hey Madman, Thanks for the kind greeting. I'm not Wiki savvy so I only helped a little in the forum's a while back.
I was just bringing the mod story regarding fallout 4 to your attention, as I feel what happen's with the Fallout 4 mod support will directly effect mod support for the Skyrim remaster. You raise a good point regarding the remaster story. It would be nice to have an informative breakdown of the enhancements the remaster will bring, game engine, graphical effect's etc. Thanks for responding take care mate. Conan's Armpit (talk) 09:19, June 22, 2016 (UTC)
So... I was wondering Edit
Q. and A.Edit
- 1) You are relatively new here and yet you've been editing more than most people do in a year! Tell me a little bit about yourself and how you came to get so involved.
A) Have I? dang! I guess I'm really fortunate to have loads of time free lately. It probably won't last forever :( so, about me, I'm a graphic designer, I studied history, especially ancient civilizations, I work in special needs homes, also as a musician, sound engineer, video editor, producer, and my hobbies are watching movies, listening to reggae, playing games and chilling in the sun with friends. I found out the TESwiki back in 2012 while playing Skyrim, and was desperately stuck on some quest. And I kept coming back, because, you know, getting stuck in some glitch or in some illogical quest objective is part of the package with TES. And after years of using the wiki, it got me thinking of what an amazing thing it was, all these people working together to share this incredible universe. And not too long ago, i got Morrowind for the pc (i usually prefer to play on the console). And Ho My God! it's so good. Which 2002 game can boast to still be played by so many people in 2016? this goes for Oblivion. And Skyrim is so good they're releasing it... again! Anyway, I saw there was a few things I could help out with here, just to try and give back to something that was really helpful to me and it's been really fun visiting all these places to take pics, maps and stories for the articles, while playing the game. Learning how to use the wiki wasn't that easy for me, the whole code side is quite mysterious to me. But it's a fun challenge.
- 2) Where did you learn to do all this editing? Were you on a prior wikia before here?
A) No, I literally learned here. Got to say thank you to the whole team on this wiki, and their patience (especially Atvelonis) for cleaning the mess after me and explaining. I just observed what they did and that's how i learned. Which reminds me, got to read those guide lines some day... Just kidding.
- 3) Since you're here, I assume you are a fan of the Elder Scrolls series. How did you get into them? Which is your favorite?
A) Absolutely, I think Bethesda's TES and Fallout series (and Rockstar's series Red Dead and GTA) are lightyears ahead of 'the game', sorry for the others, technically speaking: graphics, physics, sounds, music, plot lines the freeroaming open worlds is the best gaming ever offered, IMO. What really got me into TES, is the character creation and the historical feel (you know, after studying ancient history for years like I did, you start thinking that there isn't that much difference between the earth and Nirn, despite what seems logically to be just fantasy. To some extent, I believe people love TES because, our history teachers are so crap at telling the truth about who the humans really are and what we really did, a long, long time ago, that we naturally go looking for what we're missing, and we find it in these stories). Every time i started Skyrim again, with a new character, I would play a different way, make different choices, use different gameplay mechanics, follow different stories... the diversity just blew my mind. I have only played Morrowind and Skyrim, and I can't choose, they're obviously similar, but, I find them really different, and excellent in their own ways. The depth of the dialogues, the exploring and questioning to find your way is better in Morrowind, meeting Vivec, Almalexia, Dagoth Ur was amazing, after hearing and reading about them in legends in Skyrim. Then you have the dragons, the 'shouting people off cliffs' and the scope of Skyrim and it's DLCs' stories are just... wow! A special mention for Parthunax, best character... ever. When I killed Alduin the first time, it was like a really good movie, i was thinking about it the next day at work.
- 4) The most important question of all: How do you enjoy the community?
A) :D It's great being here, hats off to everyone here and all the work they do. Everyone is awesome. The discussion pages (on the mobile app) are really fun, so many people it's crazy. On a side note, I wish, sometimes, people would remember, it's just a game. By the way, hats off to the mods too, man! kids can be a handful sometimes (I know, got one).
So, to sum up, best wiki ever!
RE:News Team Proposition!Edit
I've seen several of the interviews you had with people, and they looked like alot of fun. So sure, I'd love to answer a couple of questions. Looking forward to it,
RE: Interview questions!Edit
1) You are relatively new here and yet you've been editing more than most people do in a year! Tell me a little bit about yourself and how you came to get so involved.
Well, I'm Carlo and I live in the Netherlands. I'm currently studying Graphic Design. I'm interested in art, history and the Elder Scrolls. I enjoy drawing, video editing and working in Adobe Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator. I also quite enjoy listening to music.
My first 'real' project was getting images for Morrowind articles without images. I can't exactly recall who asked me to do it, or if I asked them. But I believe it was Atvelonis. Thanks to AgentOfMara I found a way to get the images of items without their backgrounds. It was a lot of work, but it wasn't hard. And I enjoyed it. The support and compliments of people such as Atvelonis and The Cat Master were very encouraging. It's nice to see that what you're doing is appreciated, that it actually matters. So I decided to keep going. The images you see on the Merchandise page and the Imperial Legion Soldier (Skyrim) page were added by me. I'm working on getting audio quotes for Oblivion NPC articles now, aswell as getting any images necessary. As I said earlier, it's the support you receive that keeps me going. It's nice to know that what you're doing is appreciated.
2) Where did you learn to do all this editing? Were you on a prior wikia before here?
No I didn't, actually. I already knew a fair bit of HTML and CSS before coming to the Wiki, but it turns out most of my knowledge didn't apply here. Most of the things I know now, I learned from people such as RenzXVI, Flightmare and Atvelonis.
3) Since you're here, I assume you are a fan of the Elder Scrolls series. How did you get into them? Which is your favorite?
I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls. I first got introduced to the Elder Scrolls series by seeing my sister play Skyrim. I played Skyrim a fair bit after that. I already knew it was part of a series of games, so I decided to check them out. I bought Oblivion when it was on sale, and fell in love with it. After that I bought Morrowind, and I also decided to check out Arena. The vast universe of the Elder Scrolls got me interested in the lore, so I decided to read up on everything there is to know. Turns out that was a lot harder than I thought.
My favorite Elder Scrolls game is Oblivion, I know not many people will agree with me on that. But I just feel that in comparison to Skyrim and Morrowind it has alot more atmosphere and feeling. I also prefer the leveling system (compared to Skyrim) and overall setting.
4) The most important question of all: How do you enjoy the community?
It's a very friendly and welcoming community. If you need help with anything, they'll help you. Sure, there are people who aren't as nice as others, but that's the world I suppose.
Talk Page Archives EditHey, your Talk Page is really long now and it's starting to lag, I decided to help out and Archive it. The links to the Archives are on the top right corner of your talk page. Sorry if you didn't want this, this can be reverted if need be... Oh, I decided to leave your last few messages on this talk page untouched, so it doesn't cause too much confusion in case you are currently exchanging messages with people. :p
Re: Boom! Finished!Edit
Thanks Madman, that was a lot of fun. Just wanted to tell you, however, that you misspelled my name several times. My name is Carlo, not Carlos.
Skyrim Civil War page (edit-war[?]) Edit
Your opinion is desired in Talk:Skyrim Civil War#Serious lore-issues on the CW page.(Sports72Xtrm (talk) 17:40, November 2, 2016 (UTC))
- 1) Tell me a little about yourself.
- I'm Adventurer-like-you, an Elder Scrolls enthusiast and future game designer (if all goes to plan). I love a broad spectrum of things, everything from video games to music to literature to philosophy. As much as I can be, I try to be a well rounded person. My two favorite things however, are probably music and TES. In real life I play a few instruments, and it is a goal of mine to find as many genres of music as possible. I've listened to many, and there's some weird stuff out there (like chap-hop or vaporwave). As a close second I love TES. I started out on Morrowind and got hooked ever since. Ever since around 2006 I've poured probably hundreds of hours into TES games, and their Construction Sets. It wasnt until last year however until I started to delve into the lore; that was a thing that the Wiki Discussions bestowed on me. But whether it be lore, gaming, or discussing, I will always love The Elder Scrolls.
- 2) How did you come to be on Wikia?
- I'ts nothing too terribly interesting. Basically, I was bored one day and decided to browse Google Play. And so I decided to search for Skyrim stuff, and the first thing to pop up was TES Wiki App. And so I downloaded it to read about TES. When I opened the app, I poked around a bit and eventually came over the Discussions. I was hooked almost immediately. I loved the community, and it was just fun to talk about Skyrim with people who actually knew the game inside and out. I came on in March 2016 and occasaionally made a post or replied every day or so. And eventually in July, I started the NPC of the Day. And Ive never missed a day since.
- 3) What is your role here and how did you come by it?
- Up until late December I was just a simple discussions user, until one day the almighty RhodiumOdi parted the heavens and bestowed a great gift upon me. He asked me to become a Discussions Moderator. I didn't ask for it or apply myself or anything, Odi came to me and wanted me to apply for the position. Up for a challange, I accepted. So I went through the processes, and lo and behold, I became a moderator. And I beleive that this happened because of my philosophy. I think that if you act justly and with integrity, then people will take notice, and then you can make an impression, instead of making an impression to make them notice you.
- 4) Favorite NPC in the Elder Scrolls?
- I would have to go with Owyn from the Oblivion Arena. He's just really entertaining in his own crude kind of way. Adventurer-like-you (talk) 01:46, January 21, 2017 (UTC)
Have one Edit
Have a fishy stick
Interview with the Madman Edit
1) Tell me a bit about yourself. - Well I am born and raised in Michigan. I've had a love for video games and the natural world around me ever since I was a child. Steve Irwin was my biggest Idol while growing up. Earliest system I played was a bit old school. It was the Sega Genesis. I remember my time playing Toejam and Earl on it. Later I moved to PS1 playing Spyro, then PS2 playing anything fro Star Wars Battlefront to SCOM Navy Seals. Now I just play on my PS4 and XB1.
2) How did you come to be on the Wikia. - If I can recall correctly it was to get help on Skyrim for the XBOX 360. Renz and Fin were some of the first users I had met, they helped me a ton, since then I stayed since I liked the community. I've done a little editing project with Kora Stormblade, Ralvz Fin and a few other whom I haven't seen in a while since then. and now I'm a Chat mod.
3) What is your role here and how did you come by it. - I applied a bit after G0LD3NF1RE left. I applied for a chat mod positions after being on the wiki and taking a short break from it. My main job is to keep peace in chat, and take care of spammers and trolls. Every now and again things get interesting say alt accounts and what not. But nothing Renz, Blitz and I can't handle, along with the other staff.
4) Favorite NPC in the Elder Scrolls. - It would have to be Sheogorath prior to Skyrim. He is a perfect character in Shivering Isle (which is my favorite TES DLC). Then when the Hero of Kvatch becomes Sheo is a great moment when you free him.
Re: Recent banEdit
Tim wasn't banned for linking to that discord account. He has been acting like an immature irrational ass since his resignation, and today he went into one of the discussions forums advertising UESP, and left messages on some peoples talk pages steering them towards that site, all the while he has said some pretty unkind and untrue things about us there. Some of us tried to convince him respectfully to chill out, but he isn't open to discussion, he just took that as a personal attack. The block may seem harsh, but it will stand as is for now. The Cat Master (talk) 00:52, September 17, 2017 (UTC)