Welcome back shocky![edit source]
Hey! Welcome back shocky! It's good to see an older (and 2012 user return) to the wiki. XD. I have just two questions: will you change your avatar back to a panda, and will we continue our purge of 2018>2030 members? :p. Starkiller131 (talk) 03:28, July 29, 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks, good to see you too :). I'm trying to upload it, but won't let me. Very sad to see anti-panda discrimination online. And yes, perhaps... ;) --Shockstorm (talk) 03:41, July 29, 2019 (UTC)
Balgruuf's War Axe[edit source]
Balgruuf himself states that only if Ulfric returns the axe there'd be business to settle. Had Ulfric kept the axe, the two parties wouldn't have gotten involved in battle, making the claim that the axe itself signifies war false. The Axe stands for supporting Whiterun, just like how Ulfric's axe stands for supporting Ulfric.
Ulfric doesn't support Whiterun's neutrality, so he refuses to keep the axe. Balgruuf doesn't support Windhelm's Stormcloaks, so he refuses to keep the axe.
The war is signified by the axe being returned, not by the axe itself. After all, Balgruuf sent word to General Tullius immediately after sending you away because he "knew that (Ulfric returning the axe) would be his response". Blademaster Jauffre (talk) 12:16, August 2, 2019 (UTC)
Past tense in Morrowind pages[edit source]
- Please see point 3 of SF:LOCAT proposal which was adopted (with some changes) at the July moot. DaBarkspawn (talk) 02:35, August 16, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks. Oh, I just love your users page by the way. The links. Terrorists, they dab. I didn't know that.
Checking in on the Advisor Program[edit source]
I'm just checking in with those taking part in the advisors project. Hopefully you will have had some time to see how it works, and have some ideas on how it can be improved!
How has it been working out for you and this wiki? We know that few people who sign up actually ask questions, but have you had any good (or bad) experiences with those who have?
Can you think of any areas we could improve on to make this a better system?
And my final question: looking at the project overall, how many stars out out of 5 would you give it (and why)?
Thanks so much for being a part of this experiment. Giving your knowledge and expertise to the next generation of editors is a great thing. Thanks! -- Sannse (help forum | blog) 23:42, January 23, 2020 (UTC)
Hello, Shockstorm I am messaging you because I saw that you put a notice marking my page I am creating as a candidate for deletion because of fanon. first, I would like to ask what does fanon mean also I would like to ask what is the reason for the mark of deletion thank you and I hope for a response.
Talk page arguments[edit source]
Hey. I'd just like to recommend that you continue any further conversation with DaBarkspawn relating to that which was on PaleoKnight's talk page to their and your talk pages rather than on a new user's. It doesn't exactly help them and may potentially give them a bad impression of the community. Thanks. – Grey Fox (talk) 11:33, February 13, 2020 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what you're referencing here - I don't engage in arguments, and I've always made sure that new users feel welcomed and appreciated. I think you have me confused with a different user --Shockstorm (talk) 17:35, February 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Hey. I wasn't trying to imply that you were being argumentative or that you don't have the interest of new users at heart. I was only making the recommendation that if you and DaBarkspawn had anything further to discuss regarding the messages on PaleoKnight's talk page that it could be instead done on each of your respective pages or over Discord, so as not to potentially present a negative community environment as one of the user's first experiences - not that it would have necessarily done so. I also wasn't intending to post "nonsense", and if that was your impression I apologise (from your Discord DM). Thanks. – Grey Fox (talk) 18:07, February 13, 2020 (UTC)
Oy Shockstorm, Howya doin' ? I have a question about the redirections I see on pages. Should we just keep the wrong links (or redirections) on the articles or should we try to minimize as much as possible the use of wrong links such as for instance, Werewolves (Skyrim) is used on some pages but the actual link/page is Werewolf (Skyrim). So I'd go and change it for Werewolf (Skyrim), remove any affiliated pages to the wrong link and then put the Redirection page in Candidate for Deletion or something. I guess what I'm saying is, is it okay if I correct the links everytime I see it ? Its not a big deal but it does bother me so let me know ! Emperor Jarjarkine (chat with meh) 21:28, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
- I get what you mean, mostly I was considering doing pipe links anyways when the word is actually in a certain context in the page you know what I mean ? I agree that the redirects shouldn't be changed, if piped-linked well, there shouln't be anything wrong with just putting the correct link with a pipeline. I think you pretty much got what I was trying to do here so whenever I have time, I guess I'll do some stuff here and there, nothing too flashy and if you ever find an issue with something I do, I trust you'll let me know quite quickly wont u ya patroller you :P Did I say I missed you yet or no ?