Thank you for your contributions. I just need to ask that you not add extra spaces in qoutes sections in articles. That isn't now we format those here. Cheers The Cat Master (talk) 03:17, August 4, 2018 (UTC)
- I'll try to avoid doing that in the future as I mostly do all my edits in the Source Editor. If for some reason that creates additional spacing while doing it, I'll make sure to double-check my edits in the preview before I confirm I want my edits published. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. SonictheHedgehog1245 (talk) 03:28, August 4, 2018 (UTC)
- Another user had the same issue with spaces, but it turns out it was the visual editor that was causing this, as he would have it as default and manually switch to the source editor. After he set the source as default, it seems the problem was resolved. If you have the same default setting, switch to source editor in your preferences and the bug will be fixed. —Rozty (talk) 16:14, August 6, 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to do that if it continues to bother me. Appreciate it. SonictheHedgehog1245 (talk) 16:40, August 6, 2018 (UTC)
- So the issue described above is still happening with your edits, even the ones that aren't tagged as being done through the Visual Editor. Are you sure that you have Source set as your default editor in Special:Preferences? You can't just switch from RTE/Visual to Source mid-edit; that's often what causes the bug to begin with. It cannot be observed while you're editing unless you add the newlines manually.
- The staff have to fix these mistakes when they happen, changing the length of time needed to review an edit from a second or so to at least five. It doesn't sound like a lot, but we have to check several hundred edits per day, so even minor things like this make a big difference for us. —Atvelonis (talk) 19:22, March 2, 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the warning that I'm still goofing up on my edits because of the extra spacing caused when I work on them in the Source Editor. I only use that to make certain that links I add to pages are accurate in case I enter the wrong link in the Visual Editor. If I have to, I'll use the Visual Editor from now on, and if I provide the wrong links, please correct them for me. Again, I apologize for any confusion and trouble I might have caused recently. SonictheHedgehog1245 (talk) 22:57, March 2, 2019 (UTC)
- I think I was unclear: the Visual Editor causes all sorts of bugs, and the act of switching from VE to Source, by nature of having started off with VE, also causes the bugs. So the issue is not with the Source Editor at all, it is fundamentally with Visual. Source does not cause any bugs. Just go to Special:Preferences -> Editing experience -> Preferred editor, and set it to "Source editor." Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save." This way you will be in control of your formatting. —Atvelonis (talk) 03:02, March 8, 2019 (UTC)
- Ah, thanks for the tip. I'll put it to good use in future edits. Thanks, Atvelonis. SonictheHedgehog1245 (talk) 03:31, March 8, 2019 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.