Console Commands (Skyrim)
what language is your keyboard? american english or queens english? Template:Signature/Jaymz6 06:43, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
British keyboards are set up different than american keyboards. the default language the wiki uses is american english. here is beths response to 'how do i open the console?' Even though the name of the key is different for your keyboards set up doesn't change the fact that you still press the key to the left on 1 to open the console. Template:Signature/Jaymz6 06:48, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
That's why the I added the line "On most English language keyboards, it sits below the Escape (esc) key, and just left of the 1 (one) key." so that even if your keyboard's tilde is elsewhere, you can tell the location of the key you need to press. listing the proper key, key name & location of the key for every language & keyboard layout is a bit much when it's the key left of 1 on almost all. Can you roll the page back please, and sorry for any inconvenience caused. Template:Signature/Jaymz6 07:01, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
Edits to Pieces of the Past
I saw your updates to my edits to Pieces of the Past, and I had a couple questions:
1. Is there any consensus on whether each objective should be a separate row in the Journal (as opposed to multiple bullets in one row, like you changed it to)? I was given Discerning the Transmundane as a good example of a journal, but it has a mixture of both.
2. Why did you restore the speculation about why the Bethesda developers might have allowed you to go directly to Dead Crone Rock? The admins have been pretty clear that they don't want any speculation in the articles - it should only be there is there is separate corroborating evidence that supports the claim.Cubears (talk) 19:53, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- I can't find a specific mention right now, but see the update that admin Jimeee made to my talk page under the heading, "Re: Trivia". He told me that speculation could be removed on sight.Cubears (talk) 20:06, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Well actually, speculation doesn't mean that something isn't true - it just means that there is no direct evidence to support the claim. While your thoughts very well may be the reason why it ended up that way, there is no way to know for sure unless someone from Bethesda gave an interview and confirmed it. The admins want to keep the main articles on TESWiki limited to just facts. Speculation is only for talk pages.
"Disambiguation pages exist for a reason, don't bypass them. If you have a problem, go to the talkpage instead of revert warring, thanks." Say what!? I'm an admin, don't you think I know what to do? I just created the disambiguation page and I'm fixing all links that link to the disambig. You do what what a disambig is right? Pages must NOT link to a disambig page. Stop vandalizing the page. For more info, read The Elder Scrolls Wiki:Disambiguation#Fixing links. Kennyannydenny (A question is never stupid, only he who asks it) 17:14, October 30, 2013 (UTC)
- It all has to do with why disambigs exist. The reason for their existence is, for example: you place a link to "items" on a page. The next person who comes around sees on the disambig page that there are more then one page called "items". So, they choose the right one it should link to, and fix the link on the page you added it on. Its a tool to fix links and its there so that articles aren't full of red links. I've worked on a lot of wiki's and wikia's and at least 30% of all people place links in an article without ever looking if there are several articles with the same name. (Don't forget that pages are also being renamed and that will break all the existing links) They just place the link there. "take them all down" won't be an option. That would mean that thousands of pages that still link to a disambig because of that "30% of people", will all become red links.
- The reason why we want articles to link directly to the other is customer experience. We want people to, if they click a link, they come directly to the right page. So if they're reading about things in Skyrim, they don't want to have to choose 30 times on disambig pages that they want the Skyrim variant of that subject.
- You don't have to agree to this, I just want to point out why disambigs exist, and thus why the rules are like they are. Kennyannydenny (A question is never stupid, only he who asks it) 17:54, October 30, 2013 (UTC)
This is just for clarification, and I'm not necessarily looking for a response: I don't need to be a mod to answer other peoples' posts. I also do not need to be a mod to correct someone when they are telling half-truths. I hope in the future you can refrain from attempting to dictate what other people on on a wiki can do. Thank you. Some Assembly Required! 14:27, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
Hopefully, I did it right. I'm writing you this message without signing to see if I get the prompt.
The Appearances section follows the same format as it does on all pages. I doesn't matter if the page is referring to the Dawnguard version of the bow - we always list each game the item has been in across all its pages. The version or design of the bow is irrelevant - the artifact is the same one that has appeared in several games. Same thing we do with books. See. 2920,_vol_01_-_Morning_Star
By that logic Userboxes shouldn't be using templates then, since they are something personal. I use templates because I make many edits to my userpage and don't want the edits to appear in wiki recent activity feed. It's not really a big deal. —TombRaiser SPEAK! 20:21, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
RE: Google Plus
I'm sorry, but I cannot do it right now. I'm at work and cannot access YouTube. Since you seem to know what you're talking about, and you have the log-in, go ahead and made the changes. --—Deyvid Petteys (bother \ stalk) 19:23, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
Got your message.
- I have sent the message. Please sign your messages
I got a message from Bethesda
"There's nothing wrong with discussing aspects of The Elder Scrolls Online that we've already revealed. However, if you are invited to participate in the beta, you will be under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and will not be allowed to discuss anything regarding the beta including gameplay or even acknowledging that you have been admitted into the beta. We are really sorry you can not talk more about the game right now but as it is not finished yet, many things could change, implying a lot of unnecessary work for you to keep updated. Thanks for your understanding and we do hope to see you during our further beta events and on Tamriel after the release of our game."
It is coming out in 2014
Come on chat
Updated with new information
There is a thread that aquires your attention. The user has written up a script for a potential lore series. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:495012
I am still interested in the Youtube side of things, however I can't do videos at the moment. So would it be possible for me to be a researcher. It would enable me to still be a part of the channel but I would be working in the background. Please get back to me as soon as you get this. The faster you reply the faster I can look things up and start planning playlists
- If you check the Youtube channel thread there are some examples of videos some users have made. Zu'u lost daal. Alduin1996 (talk) 19:26, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Alt accounts
The last time I requested Check User to be run on a few accounts, it was denied because there was lack of evidence. I will try it again and see what they say. For now, if it continues, just keep on blocking. —TombRaiser SPEAK! 02:41, January 4, 2014 (UTC)
I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that numerous users have posted videos thry have made concerning the Elder Scrolls. I was thinking maybe we should get a notice on the main page asking people to post videos they have created to you or make a brand new forum section. What do you think?
What about making a new thread. The thread you have linked me to is really big and it is hard to find information when threads get that big. Zu'u lost daal. Alduin1996 (talk) 15:06, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
Could you look into this user for me. Zippertain85 reckons that she is a troll and is bullying him. He also says that Jyggalag Prince of Order gangs up on any one that trys to stand up to her.
Hags End change
Speysider, I was womndering why you removed the info in the Hags End article about the quest marker being in the wrong place? I believe I added that, and it definitely was something I saw on my PS3. I kept trying to head towards it and never would get there - it never actually led me to Deepwood Redoubt. Does this not occur on other platforms? Maybe it should be a bug report? Cubears (talk) 14:21, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh that's right - I remember it now (this was a couple months ago for me). The map marker was probably in the right place, but following the quest marker on the nav compass lead to Deepwood Redoubt. It looked really weird to be standing right at the entrance to the Redoubt with the quest marker right in front of you, but the map showed that Hags End was still a long way away. I just added a trivia item to explain this. Look it over and fix it if you think it's wrong (I'm most worried about sayiung that the quest marker location is west of Hag's End itself - that's what I remember, but again, that was a couple months ago). Cubears (talk) 14:53, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
I was not vandalizing the pages Crantius Colto and Lifts-Her-Tail. I think they should be deleted because most book characters can't have pages on the wiki, so I don't understand why these pages should be an exception to the rule.
Please report back to me.
Firstly, I 'misused' nothing. Secondly, I merely fet that using the word 'the' rather than 'a' was more definitive, as it tends to imply that there may be more than one blacksmith - Erik the Mad (talk) 18:34, February 5, 2014 (UTC)
I was just on the Steam Store and I found a DLC pack for Skyrim that adds HD textures. These textures get rid of most of the ugly textures in the game like the block nose problem. So I was thinking if anybody volunteers to do Skyrim videos and are on PC ask them to dowmload the DLC. The DLC is free and makes Skyrim look better.
In the case of admins and removals - we still need to investigate what happened and why. The reason that would need to happen is that, if they are a rogue admin - then chances are that they are going to stick around even after being removed - and will try and destabilise the wiki further. Its always a delicate matter - as if you remove them, and they are found to be innocent (i.e. the claims were made up) - then the admins may well leave - and if they aren't - well, then they're going to be a nuisance. Not to say we tolerate bad admin behaviour though - we certainly do not. We just also give people a chance to defend themselves. (Example: An Admin could be reverting every single edit (or almost) that a particular user does. There are circumstances where that would actually be what should be done - for example, if all that user edits is material identical (or very close) to other sites out there. Using Rollback may not show up a reason for the edit in that section, so it may not be obvious. (That is an incident that occurred in the past, btw). Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 09:57, February 22, 2014 (UTC)
Not a alt. Unreasonable banning.
You said I was an alt, but I've been here for months. So I request that you unban me from chat. I don't even know who "Jygg" is. I don't what he did and I don't care. There is no reason AT ALL that I should be banned. The Trickster (talk) 21:49, February 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Template:Signature/Pickleseller 12:12, February 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, Okay. I thought it was weird, is all. Particularly the "No" bit :P Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 12:23, February 28, 2014 (UTC)
You are accusing me of Vandalism?
I'm rather new to the Wiki page but seems like your name keeps popping up? I would just like to say that all i did was put back my website that was deleted by someone and noticed an awful lot of people adding websites on the page at the top, which personally i found abit off....and now i am accused of deleting websites all day on the 27th of Feb, I can assure you that i have better things to do then stay on the Computer and delete lots of websites.
To day, Rept. Asked me to create a sign for him. So, i did but i had to test it. So, now it is working so i am gonna change right now.
Following the recent CT, you may be already aware that Zippertrain85 has been removed as a Forum Mod due to his unacceptable language and behavior towards others. However, in the interests of fairness, the comment you made before him ("Grow the fuck up Zipper") was harsh and should not have been made. This rule goes for everyone - from anons to bureaucrats. There are less hostile ways to make your point, and given that you are staff, you should really be setting an example. I'm sure if someone made a personal attack in the chat, you would deal with it.
After discussing this with the other admins, it has been decided that it's only fair to issue you with a formal warning about this comment. Please try to stay calm during these discussions and keep a clear mind. --Jimeee (talk) 10:12, April 7, 2014 (UTC)