If you have a question, comment, or just want to shoot the breeze, please leave a message below. I'll respond when i can. I just ask a couple favours:
\*Services tab on bankers*\ Edit
Is the "Sevices" section necessary?
- I added in case it was needed since they were in merchants list. We can delete it.
Re: My rights Edit
Hey Cat, thanks for the message. I would certainly be open to the idea! Like Carlo, I was a little spooked by this earlier, but if you feel that you're regaining your interest in editing, I suppose I don't have anything to worry about. I do notice that despite not being staff, you've consistently kept an eye on Recent Changes for the past several months. Given that, I think it would be totally appropriate for you to reapply for staff, especially because you left of your own accord, not because of any sort of misconduct.
I also assume by "rights" you're referring to sysop tools. In your case I think it would be a waste of time to bother with patroller beforehand, since you're already more than familiar with how to be an admin. The prereqs stipulate that exactly one of them can be overlooked where needed, so if you were to apply directly for sysop, it would not be a violation of policy. If you think you have the time and motivation to commit to being staff again, I'd say go for it. You're a talented editor and I've very much enjoyed working with you in the past. It would be nice to see you on the team again for sure! —Atvelonis (talk) 20:02, April 10, 2019 (UTC)
Hiya Cat Master,
|Have a fishy stick!|
|Atvelonis has awarded you a Fishy stick! Congratulations!|
Your application for reinstatement to administrator was successful. Congrats, and welcome back! I've reactivated your Slack account, but let me know if you have any troubles getting onto the server. I'm looking forward to working with you again. —Atvelonis (talk) 21:52, April 21, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Blog post deletion Edit
Category vs. Lore Page Edit
Hi! Thanks for the file rename work, much appreciated. With respect to one other change you made on the page, I would like to suggest that the Category link for Morrowind animunculi is actually better than linking the lore page. There are two reasons for this:
- This is a location page for what is almost certainly going to be the first Dwemer ruin a Morrowind player encounters. As such, they are much more likely to be interested in animunculi that actually appear in Arkngthand, not in other games, and they are also going to be more interested in combat information about the various animunculi which are linked directly from the category page and highlighted clearly (the lore page has them buried in a section towards the end of the page).
- The lore page itself is proposed for split. If that happens, a pointer from Arkngthand would become a dead link.
I realize I only changed the first occurrence to category. I would suggest either a) changing all of them to category or b) leaving the first occurence in the description to point to the lore page and change the remainder (the ones under the Creatures sections) to the category link. DaBarkspawn (talk) 18:10, May 17, 2019 (UTC)
The Cat Master,
How do I delete or remove unwanted messages on my talk page without violating talk page rules?
Established registered userEdit
I'm sorry if I put it in a way that offended you, I was trying to edit the article and you had already started editing the page before I could finish... NuclearGamingFusion (talk) 19:17, July 18, 2019 (UTC)
Strange categorisation Edit
Hi, just wondering why User blog:Eluvet/How to get into the Dark Brotherhood is categorised under Dragonborn: Quests and Dragonborn: Quest Image Needed, if it is appropriate, and how to remove it from the category if not. Thanks. Grey Fox (talk) 14:22, July 25, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Elsweyr and Murkmire Character lists Edit
Hello, those pages are only generating the lists from the character pages, if you want something to edit, then edit the certain character page instead. "Characters" pages will update themselves. Maybe it is worth to mention this in the next moot if it is debatable. --Rupuzioks (talk) 14:05, August 14, 2019 (UTC)
- Well, I think the most efficient way is to leave a note on those pages how it works. But yeah, this is a moot topic. --Rupuzioks (talk) 15:06, August 14, 2019 (UTC)
New message Edit
Khajiit has wares, if you have coin. 18.104.22.168 01:46, August 15, 2019 (UTC)
-Cody the Wise, Nord 22.214.171.124 01:47, August 15, 2019 (UTC)
Undid my edit on scroll of dead thrall Edit
Wyrd Tree's Blessing and Lord's Mail pages for ESO Edit
Hi. Wyrd Tree's Blessing needs the "Redirects" and "Item Set Redirects" categories removed since it's an actual page now. Additionally, Lord's Mail (Online) has been marked for deletion since this is the item set that was renamed to Wyrd Tree's Blessing following Update 12 and the page for Wyrd Tree's Blessing already existed. I didn't know if Wyrd Tree's Blessing should be removed and Lord's Mail renamed but I can't rename Lord's Mail until Wyrd Tree's Blessing is removed, so I though it simpler to just have Lord's Mail deleted. Let me know if there's another preferred process. Thanks. :) Grey Fox (talk) 02:56, August 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Update on this. Lord's Mail (Online) has been removed as a deletion candidate and instead been made as a redirect to Wyrd Tree's Blessing, since that seems more appropriate. Both pages still need to have their old categories removed, however. Thanks. :) Grey Fox (talk) 06:57, August 17, 2019 (UTC)
User page edit Edit
Hi. What was up with this edit?
Meet the Character Edit
Before I start, I have to say that I consider it a great idea to bring the "Meet the Character" posts over to the wiki, and if you need help in that department, just let me know.
As for the topic itself, I was thinking about maybe changing the format on the pages themselves, similar to what we have on the Loremaster's Archives. Including publishing date, a link to the original source, and of course, the game (ESO) that they belong to.
Let me know what you think.
- That format looks great imo. Seems good. I'll see what I can do to help in the project.
- Blademaster Jauffre (talk) 14:54, August 21, 2019 (UTC)
In response to your message; I understand it isn't recommended, mainly I was thinking time sensitive. What I wanted was some time to fix it first. There's a chance the way people fix things can make it harder. I probably should have said something like please give me time to fix it first or please don't fix it yet. 06:32, August 30, 2019 (UTC)
Accused for an act of vandalism on previous edit, while never done such thing Edit
A peaceful greeting to you,
Even though fortune does not smile upon this meeting, rather than disbelief and mostly confusion. I've received a notice from Aramithius a fellow Discussions Moderator, concerning nuances of roleplay in my mode of expression on the Discussion platforms, reminding this would violate the rules. I haven't been on this site since 2-3 years, let alone active or having an account. Not to mention that I haven't played any part of the series since then, but I've regained and rekindled my love this game, and most of all interests in the series.
Long talk short (not my strength), I tried to reply him. I didn't find any possibility for DM's or PM's, except for the (Talk) behind his name, which leads to the Talk page. The same way I landed here. Like I said, I'm not (anymore) familiar with features on Fandom-Wiki, as seems odd that this is the only possibility of contacting.
But when I tried to leave a message on his talk page - a quite elaborate one, in which I put heart and sweat, grateful for refering me towards the guidelines, which I red through, being reasonable, clarifying and explaining him my points, and concluding that none conflicted with any rules or guidelines of the Discussion platforms. I thanked him, cause as Moderator he's expected to enforce the rules, and did it with good intentions, and so did I in my reply. (Which for the records is/was longer than this one)
So understandably, I was quite shocked, dewasted and mostly confused, that I was unable to post/publish. A pop-up said I am unable to post due to an "act of vandalism" on a "previous edit". I made my first account literally days ago, have never edited anything, and just 3(!) discussion posts so far. Furthermore it said if this seems to be a error, please redirect to an Administrator. And here we are - fortune does not smile upon this meeting - please enlight me on this subject of matter, cause I do not know. Not to mention that I was quite interested in Aramithius point of view. Although I really do not hope I got banned or restricted in any way, cause then this one would be very disappointed.
Until our next meeting, if such is fated with more fortune
Hi, I have been trying to make a navigational template with the online skills, but having a hard time creating it as I want it. Like Template:Morag Tong Quests Morrowind I wanted e.g. the skills of the Dragonknight to be shown downwards, and the ultimate, active and passive skills to be shown further right under each, with a list of the skills themselves. You know if that's possible to do? I've seen it on other wikis, e.g. here, but couldn't find any examples to copy from on here. TherasTaneel (talk) 18:35, October 18, 2019 (UTC)
Regarding Edit Of Notable Items > Nightingale Hall Edit
Hi my name is Warren and often times enjoy reading articles on this wiki.
I've included a note in small that you removed around 2 hours ago, which I've undone your edit for a particular reason. Notably, which I still stand-by as correct for in wiki writing, that I've included a note regarding when you obtain the Nightingale Armor although I stated "at a brief section of the quest". This is so that those are wanting to obtain it by other means than Console Command (such as in the case of you and me and others who play Skyrim via consoles such as PS3, PS4, XBOX ONE, etc.) that those on consoles are made aware as and when they obtain the armor which is derivative to the questline and to the location specifically.
In future when revoking my edits, in the summary section please would you kindly state why you felt you had to revoke my edit.
Also your profile is interestingly laid out.
Hey Cat Master,
Noticed that you deleted my post regarding the Skyrim soundtrack. To clarify, my page related specifically to the vinyl soundtrack release and is not in any way redundant as the other post that you referenced refers specifically to the CD release.
Can we fix this?
Thank you for your help
WIth just just unencyclopedic and flowery language, I understood way, way more than... You are a good example of the difference between someone who spends their time not putting in the effort to understand what others are saying or stepping back and analyzing if the counter argument you just made makes any sence. You are able to understand, and with even a very few words, convey a lot of information and be undesrstood. I didn't understand anything from the other coments, but I had a flood of information from yours, despite being a few words and out out of context, conveying alot less.
- It is not counterproductive. It is actually productive. Some things need to be done and addressed. There are some issues that are causing more issue and not addressing is counterproductive. I have learned allot I could not have, I gaining data information, and thinking about the problems and putting them itno words. I am improving and delevoping myself more than just on this wiki.
- What's not productive is deleting. There is a form of editing that is helpfull, the other one is not and leads to problems.
- I am writing a blog post on it.
- What will happen if these issues don't get adressed, is people will not get trained, learn, or develope and you will have an increased burn out rate and people wont grow. Please unlock it. I intend to be productive. You will constantly having to handle problems people had over and over again.
- That is why am an having an issue and don't like it when some people help, they are unproductive. Some people need to just let others edit. If they are not interseted in teaching, they need to just let others put in the effort.
- I learned more from you in a couple of words in less than a minute than I learned over a whole lot of time from the other dude.
- I'm not putting anyone down (it may seem like it, but it's not). This is an issue needs to be addressed. And I have come to understand the issue much better.
- The issue is being lazy and deleting. Not teaching. How am I to ever learn? I am always to have issues.
- Please unlock it, because I have a small edit to make.Dutyclaus (talk) 21:48, November 11, 2019 (UTC)
- So what? I leave a message that emberasses them? They can delete it this way. It's called nice.
- What do you think just delete things, or saying formal tone all the time without teaching? Or deleting a whole page because they are too lazy to do anything right, and they are not just normal memebers?
- Their behavior is insulting. It's not insulting what I'm doing, it's understandable and the nicer way to do things. I am comunicating in a way that can be deleted. That doesn't emberass them on their wall forever. They are staff and for members too see this kind of critisim for ever... I don't want to meessege them directly, because they would be emberassed.
- You what's insulting, quoting what has written like you did on my message page.
- Why do I need to explain this? Having to defend myself like this is insulting. I shouldn't have to say this, you should all be intelegent enough.
- You have any idea how insulting it is to sit there and say formal tone all the time? You have any idea how rude that is? It's unprofesion and unbecoming of someone in a postion. It is very insutling to just delete information so people can't learn the tone. It's insulting to not let someone else handle it.
- I can't learn the fomral tone because you have people being disruptive and uprofessional. The issue isn't me, and if you don't fix it, you will have these issues, and it will lead to problems.
- I am not playing these hypocritical games. These people are staff, I'm a noob. It is on them for failing becuase they have expeince. You have any idea how insulting that is? These people act retarded. You have any idea how insulting that is?
- You have any idea how insutling it is to have highlevel staff memeber be so imature his solution is start and editing war because he can't behave. You have any idea how insulting that is? That's your example here. Start an edditing war with a noob, because someone is too lazy and badge hunting. All they have to do is do nothing at all and let other people handle things. No, have a high level figure start and editing war.
- Not to mention, when does the Dremora get removed because it isn't a character? When I make an edit.
- You have any idea how insulting that is?
- Not to mention, the page hasn't been unlocked yet.
- You have any idea how insulting that is?
- I can't make short edit that isn't winded. Becuase some people are only interseted in doing half crap job. It's insulting to be a noob and be made to look like I'm the problem becuase some vets- staff- are being disapointments.
- And don't do this on people's page:
- Please don't leave notes in
- templates saying stuff like "Please refrain from moving it in dremora warlock, as information in it is refused as it needs to be general, and it gets referred to here. No more circles. And please, try to understand the ramifications of following advice from notices, these circular contradictions are not productive, and are very tiring for people who take this seriously." and "Please no more abusing the informal tone template. If there is one single word that is undesired, it is actually productive to fix it. Please do that so you teach, other wise go someplace else to degrade or troll." That's not what those are for. There is a chance that another editors besides you or the other regular editors here may want to add something to that page, and will probably be confused by what is going on when they see that. Besides what you said in them is mildly insulting. If you want us to teach you, then take this as a learning experience. Also... please, please, please start a sand box page if you want to write a drafts for new articles as Atvelonis and others have suggested. The Cat Master (talk) 17:59, November 12, 2019 (UTC)
- I will soon teach you the difference between being insulting and not.
- THAT HIGH LEVEL STAFF MEMBER STARTED AN EDITING WAR ON A NOOB WHO JUST TRYING TO LEARN. We edit, we don't start and edit war and attack someone. HE'S NOT BEING INSULTED, HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF, AND MIGHT BE HUMILIATED, BUT THAT IS HIS FAULT. He is staff, and he behaved like this. I KEPT IT ANONOMOUS SO IT WOULDN'T INSULTED. And it's not insulting. HUMILIATING, PERHAPS, BUT I WAS JUST ASKING WHOEVER IT WAS TO STOP. Don't do something bad and have someone ask you to stop, IF THAT IS GOING TO EMBRASS HIM, THEN HE NEEDS TO ACT ACCORDING TO HIS POST AND SET A BETTER EXAMPLE.
- What I did is not insutling. He may be embarassed, but I was just asking it to stop in a way that could be deleted AND BE THE LEAST EMBARASSING. We have high some high level staff acting acting like little child and he has reason be emberassed. It's not an insult, he is shaming himself. That is not not my fault. I didn't call anyone out by name, and if someone has to look it up too bad. He was being stupid and unbecoming of a staff member.
- Getting caught being retarded is emberassing, but not necisarilly insulting.
- Getting called out like I am doing now, may be humiliating, but it's not insulting, because it is being done professionally, and it is called for. I have to defend myself and point out how you are wrong.
- POINTING OUT WHAT SOMEONE DID WRONG, LIKE I AM DOING, IS FINE.
- That is being degrading. People go to my page and they see this. That was uncalled for and unprofessional. This is an okay way to do it. Know the difference.
- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME QUOTING YOU AND YOU QUOTING ME, IS THAT I AM DOING IT IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER- AND SETTING AN EXAMPLE. YOU ON THE OHTER HAND ARE JUST PUTTING THINGS IN A WAY THAT IS DEGRADING NOT PRODUCTICVE AND NOT THINKING ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU DO IT like how I did things the specific way i did it so as not to hurt feelings.
- I AM TEACHING.
- I AM EXPLAINING.
- I AM POINTING OUT.
- I AM COMPARING AND CONTRASTING.
- I AM NOT DOING SOMETHING THAT IS INSULTING, YOU MIGHT BE EMBERASSED AS A RESULT, BUT WHAT I AM DOING IS NOT INSULTING YOU
- YOU JUST PUT THINGS IN A WAY ON MY TALK PAGE THAT ME LOOKS BAD.
- YOU COULD HAVE NOT QUOTED THE WHOLE THING AND JUST REFERENCED WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT
- YOU ARE PRIMAIRLY CAUSING OTHERS TO LOOK DOWN ON ME
- YOU ARE TRIGGERING BULLYING AND TEAM UP BEHAVIOR
- I AM STIMULATING INTELECTUAL THOUGHT
- YOU ARE STIMULATING HUMAN NATURE
- I AM TRYING TO GET YOU TO THINK REALIZE SOME THINGS
- WHAT YOU DID GETS PEOPLE TO FEEL AND NOT BE NICE
- WHAT I AM DOING IS TRUTH AND ACCURACY FIRST AND FORMOST
- WHAT YOU DID WAS AT THE EXPENCE OF ACCURATCY OR HONESTY FOR THAT MATTER AND NOT TREATING YOUR PRIMARY FOCUS AS FIRST AND FOREMOST, BUT THE OTHER IS NOT AT THE EXPENCE OF YOUR FOCUS- I WAS NOT DOING THAT
- YOU COULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT HOW I WOULD FEEL (LIKE HOW I AM MESSEGING TO ANOTHER ADMIN SO THE GUY IS 1 ANONYMOUSLY REFERENCED AND 2 NOT STUCK WITH THIS ON HIS PAGE FOREVER)
- I UNDERSTAND AS RESULT YOU MAY FEEL BAD, BUT IT IS AN ANAVOIDABLE CONSEQUENCE OF HANDLING THESE THINGS, WHICH IS A RESPONCE BECAUSE YOU PUT SOMEONE INBETWEEN A ROCK AND HARDPLACE. You could have though about the responce to your responce, I am stuck with the path you chose.
- What I did was show you and explain to you what you did. You did not have to quote what I said. I keep things vague and don't call the others out by name, if someone wants to
- Another thing between me and you is that while you may feel ashamed and embarassed, and maybe humilated, when you did it, I only am annoyed.
- I am annoyed because someone is being halfassed and not thinking.
- I am annoyed because of the whole someone who is a noob is fine, but someone who is in a higher postion has a responsibility and obligation thing (and it kind of anyons me when people with more power/ authority don't properly handle the increase of responsibility and obligation- or perhaps that's not the way to put it and instead it should be put more in terms of the noobs can jack around, but it's more anoying when the people in position who should no better don't)
- How do you think I feel? It's probably asymetric, so there is not need to right back at me. Think about it.
- When someone screws up, it's one thing. Yeah they are embarassed, yeah it sucks for them, but oh well, it has to be. Also, not only is it okay for me to respond if I have a proper cause for it, but I still have to do things in certain way (and that's actually all of us).
- What you did was not have proper reason to say WHAT you said and HOW you said it, but perhaps still a cause to do SOMETHING.
- I am teaching, I am explaining... I am pointing things out. I am being a teacher. I am leading by example, and setting an example. Also, I am a noob.
- You on the other hand were not teaching or pointing anything out. You were not being a teacher, but more like a tadler (and no, having the position to handle things unlike other users does not give you the right to handle them wrong). You were not leading example, but doing things in a way that even staff shouldn't do, and you were being more like a boss and not a leader. Also, you are not a noob.
- When I am quoting you, it actually helps logically. It shows what I am getting at.
- The only thing that quoting does is help in generating emotions. It doesn't prove a point, it doesn't help with the point, it doesn't support your point, and it doesn't integrate into what you trying to get at an is basically ad hominym and serves to convince people you are right by taking advantage of how people's opinions are swayed when someone else is made to look bad.
- I am doing it in a logical manner, and though rather have it not there, it is necesary.
- It was not necisary for you. It didn't have to be there.
- For you perhaps it is personal preference, for me it's relevant (logically) for you it's not logical (but it is emotianally but also false- as it only serves to sway: and a thing that does so irrigardless of logic or right and wrong, but on a completely different system that works compeletely different and is for comepletely different base objectives).
- If someone screws up, the point is to teach or comunicate, not have lasting accuization. It is not degrade or make people look bad, it is to be constructive not just accusitory.
- Whatever you were actually trying to accomplish, the outcome is what I said you did (or were doing- past tense sence and not intent sence)
- If I'm in the wrong, I want to know why It is so easy to spew out all the holes that some seasoned individuals seem to have as solid choices. In fact, there are so many flaws to point out that it is actually hard to point them all out.
- I undesrtand that you can delete this (now- I didn't know before(was a big part of the decision making process)), but also I understand that it is not wrong for me to put this (after all you can just delete it- but for a noob with different information; imigine how that makes them feel (it's also asymeteric, so it's not quite condusive for right back at me- try to think about it first)).
Information on Miraak is based on what I cross-examined from the Solstheim history section, specifically its creation myth which is more detail oriented about the character's lore, and from the Official Prima game guide on Skyrim. AnonymousAnomani (talk) 19:22, November 21, 2019 (UTC)
- But the cat master I made the video —This unsigned comment is by Privatefinnbritt (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Arena World Map IconsEdit
Hey Cat! I've got map icons for the location articles The Halls of Colossus (Arena Location) and Crypt of Hearts (Arena) in place of the generic dungeon map markers, but I don't know how to replace them. Can you help me out? Thanks Spymaster Cosades (talk) 23:57, January 14, 2020 (UTC)