A human who carries the disease obtains immense power, including the ability to see those who are invisible to common eyes, resistance to nearly all weapons below Mithril quality, greater efficiency in magic, possibility to feed themselves with drained blood from other humans, and of course immortality to old age. Beyond these, the Official Game Guide also attributes them "exceptionally intelligent, very strong and very fast."
Vampires in The Elder Scrolls: Arena have the appearance of a normal human in black robes, only revealing his red eyes when attacking a prey. Another detail is the two teeth used to suck the blood from their victims which also only appears during their attacks.
As previously mentioned, Vampires have immunity to most weapons below the Mithril quality, with the only exception being Silver, an extremely useful weapon type for low level characters. Mages will falter in while trying to bypass Vampires using the effect invisibility, which does not fool against the creature's eyes. Another characteristic is their high amount of Health.
During combat Vampires can deal massive damage to their prey, either using Daggers at melee distance or casting the spell Fireball at long range. Vampires regenerate after being defeated with anything but magic, increasing even more their force against non-magic users. These creatures can also transmit diseases through their attacks.
The Vampire appears in the following locations:
- Crystal Tower, First Level
- Crypt of Hearts, Second Level
- Dagoth Ur, First and Second Levels
- Imperial Palace, Second Level
- It could be considered curious vampires can cast fireball, as they are traditionally weak to fire.
- The vampire's sprite in-game is almost exactly the same as Jagar Tharn's, only with a dagger instead of the staff.
- The Eternal Champion cannot contract vampirism from fighting these creatures.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls: Arena)|
|Animals||Rat • Snow Wolf • Spider • Troll • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Lizard Man • Medusa • Minotaur • Orc|
|Netherworld||Fire Daemon • Hell Hound • Homonculus|
|Undead||Ghoul • Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Vampire • Wraith • Zombie|
|Golem||Ice Golem • Iron Golem • Stone Golem|