GTA: The Criminal Enterprises - The Loop
Do you like this video?
This piece of armor is available in the following locations:
- Found on a shelf next to a coffin in Castle Volkihar Ruins during the quest "Chasing Echoes". Will Respawn after some time.
- Obtained from Harkon's remains after he is killed during the quest "Kindred Judgment".
- Bloodchill Cavern
Wearing this piece of armor grants the following skill bonuses:
- Fortify Magicka Regen: 125 points
- There are two different variants - both look the same on males, but have different colors on females. One variant, 00b5db, is standard armor and is worn by Harkon and Serana. The other, 0194c5, is unobtainable and worn by Valerica.
- Serana wears Vampire Royal Armor as her default armor, but it will not appear in her inventory. Additionally, when in the sun Serana will put the hood up, but the Dragonborn cannot activate the hood on their set.
- The hood used by Serana is an unobtainable variant of the Thieves Guild Hood.
- This is one of the few equippable items in Skyrim to have a cape, the others being the Hammerfell Garb and the Nightingale Armor.
- The set of armor found in the Castle Volkihar Ruins will respawn, along with the silver sword next to it.
- Though the alternately colored set worn by Valerica can be obtained via console commands, it cannot be upgraded.
- The crest located on the armor's right side (on the choker for the female variant) depicts the visage of Molag Bal, the Daedric Prince of domination.
- There is an unused version of Vampire Royal Armor variant known as "Vampire Lord Armor". It looks identical to Vampire Royal Armor in the inventory but it has no physical model when worn while human. The armor has an appearance when the player transforms into Vampire Lord form. It can also be worn with other armors, and can only be acquired via console command.
- Harkon has two special items while in his Vampire Lord form, one is a variant of Vampire Royal armor, the other is called "Vampire Lord Cape." These items are unobtainable and are what give Harkon his centerpiece, crown, and cape in Vampire Lord form.
- Chasing Echoes" quest and enters one of the east or west towers, then returns into the ruins, there may be another set of Vampire Royal Armor in the same place. Multiple copies of this armor can be obtained. After the Dragonborn gets the first copy of the armor from the Castle Volkihar Ruins, if they leave from the way they came during the "
- If this armor is placed on a mannequin, a Vampire Armor will spawn and the Vampire Royal Armor will be un-equipped.confirmation needed
- If the Vampire Royal Armor is equipped in Vampire Lord form and then un-equipped, it will glitch and leave Dragonborn with nothing on in human form.confirmation needed
- If the Bone Hawk Amulet is equipped by a female wearing the armor, it cannot be seen.confirmation needed
- If the Vampire Royal Armor is worn on a female Dunmer, the shown skin color will be the same as Serana's, instead of the proper gray.confirmation needed