Volkihar Vampires are NPCs afflicted with the disease Sanguinare Vampiris. These as with all vampires are classified as undead and are typically found underground in caves or dungeons. But they may be occasionally encountered out in the wilderness of Skyrim during a random encounter.
Battle[edit | edit source]
Fire damage hurts them immensely, while they are resistant to frost damage. Staves, spells, and enchanted weaponry of the former variety works effectively against them in battle. Shock spells are highly effective on them, as they almost always use magic, and shock spells drain magicka.
Spells and perks[edit | edit source]
Contracting vampirism[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Possible spawn locations for this enemy:
- Near Ustengrav
- South of The Katariah
- East of Rorikstead
- South of Riften, at the Shadow Stone
- Haemar's Shame (after level 48)
- Near the Ritual Stone
- Movarth's Lair, near Morthal
- Broken Fang Cave (after level 48)
- Dimhollow Crypt
- Redwater Den
- Volkihar Keep
- Near Wayward Pass, engaging (and usually defeating) two Vigilants of Stendarr in combat
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Vampire Dust
- Black Mage Robes, can also be found wearing various types of armor such as Orcish Armor
- One random potion, ingredient, soul gem, or spell tome
- A Flawless Ruby
- Vampire Armor DG
- Vampire Boots DG
- Vampire Robes DG
- A Flawless Diamond
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Though the Volkihar Clan exists in Dawnguard, one may encounter Volkihar Vampires in the base game.
- These vampires can make very effective Dead Thralls, for more information see the Dead Thrall page.