- For the dragon priest, see Volsung.
Wearing this mask grants the following skill bonuses:
It can act as a substitute for the Argonian's racial ability, but is also generally useful for trading items, and can provide an extra benefit for players who wish to hunt for loot. It should be noted that while Volsung is more versatile, the Masque of Clavicus Vile provides a greater benefit specifically for trading, as it raises the Speech skill in addition to providing better prices.
- It is extremely useful during "The Path of Knowledge" allowing one to dive underwater to search for hidden items and submerge indefinitely.
- Archmage's Robes together; both the mask and your entire head may disappear, showing only an empty hood.
When equipping a mask and the
- A short term fix is to drop the Archmage's Robes then pick them up again.
- Another fix is to store the mask in a container and then equip it directly from the container.
- This can be temporarily fixed by pressing F5, quicksave, and then F9, quick load.
- Clearing the Xbox 360 cache will also correct this issue.
- PS3 users can also temporarily fix this by saving and loading.
- Falmer Helmet, Ancient Shrouded Cowl, the Jagged Crown and circlets. It is possible to equip this item while wearing a
- follower, over time it may disappear from their inventory.
If any mask is given to any
player.additem <itemID> 1, and it will add the mask to the inventory again. To resolve this, use the console command
- To resolve this, use the console command
|Dragon Priest Masks|
|Skyrim||Hevnoraak • Konahrik • Krosis • Morokei • Nahkriin • Otar • Rahgot • Vokun • Volsung|
|Dragonborn||Ahzidal • Dukaan • Miraak • Zahkriisos|