There is also a book of the same name, which details the artifact. This book describes how a boy (thought to be Pelagius Septim III) summoned who he thought was Hermaeus Mora, but was actually Sheogorath. He is given the Wabbajack, and presumably goes mad afterward.
- Wabbajack (Daggerfall)
- Wabbajack (Oblivion)
- Wabbajack (Skyrim)
- Wabbajack (Online)
- Wabbajack (Legends)
- In keeping with Lewis Carroll's theme of insanity and allusions to Alice in Wonderland, the name of the artifact may be inspired by the title of Carroll's poem Jabberwocky.
- Wabbajack also seems to be an anagram of "Jabberwock" with a few letters modified (Ja-bba-wa-ck to Wa-bba-ja-ck).
- Based on the Wabbajack book, it seems this staff has a detrimental effect on users, making them obsessive and outright insane. This keeps with the theme of the staff's creator, and implies an explanation for how Sheogorath looks if the Hero of Kvatch is really who the Last Dragonborn meets during the events of "The Mind of Madness" quest in Skyrim.
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends