- Duskglow Crevice
- Darkwater Pass (possible radiant location for "Fetch Me That Book!" quest)
- Dwemer Museum
- Valtheim Towers
- Druadach Redoubt Cave (possible radiant location for "Fetch Me That Book!" quest)
- Orotheim (radiant location for "Fetch Me That Book!" quest)
- Mara's Eye Pond (radiant location for "Fetch Me That Book!" quest)
- Can be bought from Urag gro-Shub in The Arcanaeum.
- Ragnvald (possible radiant location for "Fetch Me That Book!" quest)
- Treva's Watch (possible radiant location for "Fetch Me That Book!" quest)
- Geirmund's Hall
The War of the First Council was a First Era religious conflict between the secular Dunmer Houses Dwemer and Dagoth and the orthodox Dunmer Houses Indoril, Redoran, Dres, Hlaalu, and House Telvanni. The First Council was the first pan-Dunmer governing body, which collapsed over disputes about sorceries and enchantments practiced by the Dwemer and declared profane by the other Houses.
The Secular Houses, less numerous, but politically and magically more advanced, and aided by Nord and Orc clans drawn by promise of land and booty, initially campaigned with great success in the north of Morrowind, and occupied much of the land now comprising Redoran, Vvardenfell, and Telvanni District. The Orthodox Houses, widely dispersed and poorly organized, suffered defeat after defeat until Nerevar was made general of all House troops and levies.
Nerevar secured the aid of nomad barbarian tribesmen, and contrived to force a major battle at the Secular stronghold of Red Mountain on Vvardenfell. The Secular forces were outmaneuvered and defeated with the help of Ashlanders scouts, and the survivors forced to take refuge in the Dwemer stronghold at Red Mountain.
After a brief siege, treason permitted Nerevar and his troops to enter the stronghold, where the Secular leaders were slain, and Nerevar mortally wounded. General slaughter followed, and Houses Dwemer and Dagoth were exterminated. Nerevar died shortly thereafter of his wounds.
Three of Nerevar's associates among the Orthodox Houses, Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil, succeeded to control of the re-created First Council, renamed the Grand Council of Morrowind, and went on to be come the god-kings and immortal rulers of Morrowind known as the Tribunal, or Almsivi.