The Wayshrine of Mara is dedicated to the Nine Divines god Mara. A wayshrine is different from an altar in a chapel. An Altar of Mara can be found in major city temples, and the Great Chapel of Mara is located in Bravil. Wayshrines provide the blessing Wisdom of Mara, detailed below.
Quests[edit | edit source]
A wayshrine of Mara must be visited during the quest. After this, the player can also perform a pilgrimage to all the wayshrines to clear their infamy. The shrines will not give any blessings during a pilgrimage.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Northeast of Leyawiin, north of Fort Doublecross and east of the Shrine of Nocturnal.
- West of Anvil, near the Lady Stone.
- At a certain point in the game, an Oblivion Gate will open above the Wayshrine, completely burying it and rendering it unusable. This is one of two Wayshrines in the game that are damaged or destroyed by the Gates.
Blessing[edit | edit source]
Praying at Mara's wayshrine bestows the Wisdom of Mara to the supplicant:
- Fortify Attribute: Willpower 10 pts for 600 secs on Target
- Cure Disease on Target
- Restore Agility 100 pts on Target
- Restore Endurance 100 pts on Target
- Restore Intelligence 100 pts on Target
- Restore Luck 100 pts on Target
- Restore Personality 100 pts on Target
- Restore Speed 100 pts on Target