Quests[edit | edit source]
The Dragonborn's first battle against a dragon takes place during this quest, culminating with the death of Mirmulnir and the absorption of their first Dragon Soul. This soon gains the attention of the Greybeards of High Hrothgar, who summon the Dragonborn as a consequence.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The watchtower only appears as a map icon after the "Dragon Rising" quest has started.
- Sometimes a Nord has a Falmer tag over his tag. He can be found here.
- If the Civil War questline has been finished in favor of the Stormcloaks, no guards are stationed here. There still will be a Stormcloak banner that replaces Legion/Whiterun banners, however.
- If you approach the watch tower before "Dragon Rising" it will be destroyed. The only difference in the quest is that the grass is on fire.
- It is a good place to lure giants from Bleakwind Basin. The giants will be unable to enter the doorway, allowing you to pick them off with a bow or magic.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Western Watchtower. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When standing on top of the tower, or when standing on the fallen rubble that makes a sort of ramped vantage point, it is possible to see a random weapon rapidly rising above it.
Appearances[edit | edit source]