The White Stag is a unique elk in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Daedric Prince Hircine takes the form of the stag during the quest "Ill Met by Moonlight." The Dragonborn must slay it in order to speak with Hircine. The Prince then instructs the Dragonborn to go to Bloated Man's Grotto and kill the werewolf Sinding. The White Stag drops venison and large antlers upon death.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
There are stories in Falkreath of a strange vagrant who savagely killed a little girl.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
"Well met, hunter."
- Are you Hircine? "I am the spirit of the hunt, just one glimpse of the glorious stalker that your kind calls Hircine."
- What would you ask of me? "Your fealty is precious to me. I will make good use of it. You bear my ring."
- Will you remove the curse from this ring? "I may consider it. But you must first do a service for my glory."
- "The one who stole it has fled to what he thinks is his sanctuary. Just as a bear climbs a tree to escape the hunt, but only ends up trapping himself. Seek out this rogue shifter. Tear the skin from his body, and make it an offering to me."
- It shall be done as you ask. "Fly, my hunter. There are others who vie for my favor. A bit of competition. Don't dally while the prey flees."
- He's done me no wrong. I won't kill him. "There is no retribution in the hunt. It is not vengeance I seek, but the blood course of a living hunt. There are others who would gladly accept my favor. They will hunt him while you delay. Your choice."
- Didn't I just kill you? "And skillfully, too. I've been watching you for ages, it seems. You have the makings of a fine hunter. You may even be my champion. Perhaps."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being the incarnate form of Hircine, the White Stag can be soul-trapped.
- Unlike regular Elk, the White Stag regenerates health very quickly, which can lead to some difficulty in killing it.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to White Stag. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- console commands to move the Stag to a different location. Occasionally, the Stag may run past the map boundaries when being chased, and therefore is unobtainable as the Dragonborn will constantly get the message "You cannot go that way." This problem can be fixed using
- Lakeview Manor, the dead corpse of the Stag may appear in front of the entrance. If the Dragonborn owns