Background[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Get the Wind and Sand book
- Talk to Neloth
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Speak to Neloth and ask if he needs help with his research.
Travel to the radiant location and retrieve the book Wind and Sand. It will be found in either a Dragon Lair, Dragon Priest Lair, Draugr Crypt, Falmer Hive, Forsworn Camp, Hagraven Nest, Vampire Lair or Warlock Lair.
Possible locations[edit | edit source]
Possible locations include:
- Altar of Thrond - In a chest in a tent on an icy ledge.
- Bloodlet Throne – In a chest near the end of the area
- Bruca's Leap Redoubt – At the end of the cavern
- Chillwind Depths – At the end of the cave
- Darkwater Pass – On the arcane enchanter
- Dead Men's Respite – in Olaf One-Eye's treasury
- Deepwood Redoubt – In the last area just before Hag's End, in the Forsworn Briarheart's tent, in the chest
- Duskglow Crevice – In a Falmer chest near the end of cave
- Forsaken Cave – In the chest behind Curalmil, in front of a Word Wall for Marked for Death
- Glenmoril Coven – In a chest near a tent with two barrels and an altar to the left of it
- Haemar's Shame – In a chest behind the shrine
- Harmugstahl – Located in a chest in Kornalus's quarters, just past Kornalus himself
- High Gate Ruins – In a chest behind Vokun's throne that cannot be reached if one has already killed him and then started this quest due to the closed gate bug; the use of the clipping wooden bowl glitch or the help of a follower is recommended
- Ilinalta's Deep – In a chest near the end of cave
- Kagrenzel – In a chest at the end of the watery creek, nearing the exit to Stony Creek Cave
- Lost Valley Redoubt – In a chest in front of the Word Wall
- Movarth's Lair – In a chest towards the end of the cave, in the room with the Alchemy Lab
- Northwind Summit - In the treasure chest by the word wall
- Pinemoon Cave – In a chest near the end of cave
- Ravenscar Hollow – In the big chest (after the living bandit in the cage) where the last Hagraven is
- Serpent's Bluff Redoubt – Located in a chest at the end of a small fort; in order to open the gate, one needs to drag a body to the top of a pressure plate on top of the table
- Sightless Pit – In a chest near the end of the area (Note: Do not follow the marker; it leads to a Dwarven door with a barrier on the other side, instead go to the cave icon on the map northeast of where the marker is showing the player to go. There is a hole in the ground to the right of a Falmer tent, go down there and follow it to the end.)
- Silverdrift Lair
- Sunderstone Gorge – In a chest near Word Wall
- Volunruud – In a chest next to Kvenel the Tongue
- Yngol Barrow – In a chest behind the Nordic Puzzle Door, nearing the exit
- Snapleg Cave – In a large chest at the end of the cave near the Hagraven
Return to Neloth[edit | edit source]
Return the book to Neloth, who begins reading and remarks:
The book was right where you said it would be. "Perhaps this particular source was worth more than I thought he was. Pity. In any case, this is truly amazing. I think I can adapt this into a sort of whirlwind vortex energy. Yes, yes. I'll write it out, and you can pick up a copy from Talvas in a few days. In the mean time, take this for helping me."
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Journal[edit | edit source]
|Wind and Sand – DLC2TTR3b|
|100||Neloth has asked me to get a copy of Wind and Sand from inside <Alias=Dungeon>. He needs it for his spell research.
|200||I found a copy of Wind and Sand from inside <Alias=Dungeon>. Neloth needed it for his spell research.
|300||I found a copy of Wind and Sand from inside <Alias=Dungeon>. Neloth needed it for his spell research. I should be able to buy the spell from Talvas.
Appearances[edit | edit source]