Wolfskull Cave is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This area is located in Haafingar Hold, in the snowy foothills west of Solitude. Its name comes from its history as a place where Potema Septim, a former Queen of Skyrim, practiced Necromancy.
Wolfskull Ruins are the remains of the underground stronghold of Potema Septim, the Wolf Queen, who in ages past had terrorized the surrounding territory until she was hunted down and killed. The ruins are currently held by a group of Necromancers who are trying to summon Potema back to life.
This area is only accessible during the quest The Man Who Cried Wolf. If Wolfskull Cave is entered before the quest has begun, the entrance to Wolfskull Ruins will be sealed off with ice, and all the enemies will be replaced with bandits.
- Bleeding Crown, Blisterwort, Fly Amanita, Hanging Moss, Imp Stool, Namira's Rot may be harvested here.
- There is one moonstone ore vein.
- There is one iron ore vein.
- There are two chests with some random loot.
- If the player has a low Block level, after entering the Wolfskull Ruins, the first draugr encountered with a Novice Mage at the first set of stairs can be lured away, or the mage killed, and by doing nothing but blocking, the player's block level can be raised quickly.