This weapon was originally wielded by Ysgramor, leader of the Five Hundred Companions, in his crusade against the native Snow Elves of Skyrim and Solstheim. The weapon was later shattered into fragments, several of which are displayed in the Companions mead hall of Jorrvaskr.
Given its history, the weapon bears the enchantment of Especially deadly to Elves. In game, this effect translates to causing 1.2x damage to Altmer, Bosmer, Dunmer, and Falmer but oddly not to Orsimer who are also a variant of Elf.
Wuuthrad doesn't appear to use any stamina for power attacks. I am unsure if this is intended or just a bug
Wuuthrad cannot be improved at a grindstone, however an additional enchantment can be added to it. However, the enchantment will not be listed and it will continue to display "Especially deadly to elves".
- In the Old Nord language, Wuuthrad translates to "Elf-Grinder".
- During Sovngarde, Ysgramor can be seen in the Hall of Valor equipped with his legendary axe.
- Wuuthrad is displayed on several banners throughout Jorrvaskr.
- Ysgramor's statue for the first time. Wuuthrad may disappear when placed on
- Wuuthrad may disappear if disarmed by a Draugr Deathlord.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Template:1st