- For the dragon priest mask, see Zahkriisos (Mask).
Zahkriisos (Dragon Language: Zahkrii-Sos, "Sword-Blood") is one of the named dragon priests in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn. He is the only leveled priest in the game, and his level is capped at 60. Along with Ahzidal, Dukaan, Miraak and Vahlok, he is one of the five named dragon priests that can be fought by the Last Dragonborn on Solstheim. His full name translates to "Sword-Blood."
Zahkriisos's proficiency in shock based magic is very high, so it makes tricky to avoid the attack. It is recommended to have very high shock resistance, magic absorption or both to be able to tank his spells.
Sneak-focused archers should have no problem defeating him by shooting him repeatedly while hiding, though it is more difficult to do this than with Ahzidal. He is also able to levitate above the water during combat.
- Lightning Storm – a unique one-handed version without any charge time, only at a higher level
- Greater Ward
- Thunderbolt – only at a lower level
- Raise Zombie
- Conjure Seeker
- His name is rare for a dragon priest in that it can be divided in three words of power instead of two. It can, however, be read as two words, since Zah ("finite") and Krii ("kill") can unite to form Zahkrii ("sword").
- Zahkriisos' name may be a reference to the unique blade needed to access his tomb, seeing as that sword is red and known as the Bloodskal Blade.
- Zahkriisos is the only Dragon Priest that levels with the Dragonborn (except Miraak).
- Zahkriisos is one of the three most powerful Dragon Priests, being able to reach level 60.
- Zahkriisos's magicka is notably less compared to Dukaan and Ahzidal, this is likely because his spell, Lightning Storm, causes proportionally more damage than Fire Storm and Blizzard. With less magicka he inflicts about the same amount of damage in the same amount of time as Ahzidal and Dukaan. If it wasn't for this, Zahkriisos would cause more damage.
- The Bloodskal Blade's projectiles deal bonus damage to Zahkriisos, 30 bonus damage if the player is less than level 50 and 50 bonus damage if the player is at or above level 50. This can be verified by the scripts attached to the magic effects for the projectiles in the Creation Kit
- The script that adds the bonus damage also appears to have originally been intended to scale more with the player's level, with categories set up for between levels 30 and 50, between 50 and 70, and greater than 70, but every section other than the first ( < 50) adds 50 damage.
|Skyrim||Hevnoraak • Krosis • Morokei • Nahkriin • Otar the Mad • Rahgot • Vokun • Volsung|
|Dragonborn||Ahzidal • Dukaan • Miraak • Vahlok the Jailor • Zahkriisos|
|Online||Akiirdal • ArthosiisOR • Haldriin • Korthor • Vosis|